Survivor logic..

-I, as Killer, hook a survivor, and walk probably half the map away to scout some generators and give them the chance for the unhook despite having no BBQ & Chili auras, etc.

-Survivor gets unhooked, so I'll go back to the hook as that's my only lead/option.

-Healthy survivor who rescued proceeds to stealth & hide, leaving me with no choice but to chase the injured survivor who was just on the hook and since he can't stealth.

-Proceed to post-game where they complained that I only tunnelled despite clearly limiting my options to only being able to chase the guy who was just hooked.

=)

Comments

  • Urban evasion "saviors" tend just to be hook farmers that try to convince themselves and their teammates that they aren't farming their teammates to death by trying to blame and insulting the killer in the end game chat.

  • Yeah that healthy one should have stayed under the hook and let you hook him/her! /s

    they could not have known you were coming back, and why would you? There are gens to patrol after all. It’s not their job to entertain you all the time with a chase. Stealth is just as a viable strategy as tunneling is.

  • @Mooks said:

    Yeah that healthy one should have stayed under the hook and let you hook him/her! /s

    they could not have known you were coming back, and why would you? There are gens to patrol after all. It’s not their job to entertain you all the time with a chase. Stealth is just as a viable strategy as tunneling is.

    His point is he came back to his most recent point of seeing a survivor and getting the notification that someone got off the hook. That is normal. The Survivors just need to keep their salt to themselves.

  • @izzy said:

    When I unhook teammate I heal them and if meanwhile killer gets back I just ran straight into them to take a hit for a injured survivor and only players who are afraid of their own shadow will just go and hide that's all their fault and hiding usually works for those players even if they escape somehow they lack of points and rank and the game will never be fun for them

    You don't even need to walk up to the killer and give them a hit for free, if you just run away with the injured survivor (behind them) and protect them from the killer and give them the chance to get away then you've done your job.

    Survivors will complain that killers tunnel despite giving them no option BUT to tunnel.

    And just like how someone joked about it in this thread, when I suggested for the healthy survivor to protect the injured teammate, I got the ''omg another killer expecting survivors to just hook them for free''

    Which is like ???

  • @Mooks said:

    Yeah that healthy one should have stayed under the hook and let you hook him/her! /s

    they could not have known you were coming back, and why would you? There are gens to patrol after all. It’s not their job to entertain you all the time with a chase. Stealth is just as a viable strategy as tunneling is.

    Do you even play Killer? Yeah - patrol the gens. Then what do you do after? Obviously go after the only survivors you have a known location for - if the savior hides too then guess buddies going back up on the hook for round 2.

    It's called learning how to perform safe saves. Know the whereabouts of your team, the same as the Killer. Go for the save when you know it's safe. Take a protection hit if need be, and try to start a chase. (Don't just take a protection hit and run away).

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758644#Comment_1758644

    His point is he came back to his most recent point of seeing a survivor and getting the notification that someone got off the hook. That is normal. The Survivors just need to keep their salt to themselves.

    Or he (or she) could just be happy that they had an easy game. After all there was no gen being worked on at that moment. And stealth is not a super power. You are still able to find the other surv, they decided to ‚tunnel‘ (which is okay, but don’t cry about being called tunneler)

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758644#Comment_1758644

    Do you even play Killer? Yeah - patrol the gens. Then what do you do after? Obviously go after the only survivors you have a known location for - if the savior hides too then guess buddies going back up on the hook for round 2.

    It's called learning how to perform safe saves. Know the whereabouts of your team, the same as the Killer. Go for the save when you know it's safe. Take a protection hit if need be, and try to start a chase. (Don't just take a protection hit and run away).

    I am playing killer. But when I tunnel I don’t act surprised for getting called a tunneler.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758662#Comment_1758662

    I am playing killer. But when I tunnel I don’t act surprised for getting called a tunneler.

    Oh right right. As a "killer player" you know that when you hook a survivor and don't find survivors anywhere else you should stand int he corner of the map and stare at the wall~ /s

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758662#Comment_1758662

    I am playing killer. But when I tunnel I don’t act surprised for getting called a tunneler.

    If I was actually tunnelling then I would have no qualms about being called it, but its when survivors force me to tunnel that makes me somewhat frustrated.

    In a way, I wasn't even tunnelling, since there were no other objectives or survivors near the injured survivor.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758650#Comment_1758650

    Or he (or she) could just be happy that they had an easy game. After all there was no gen being worked on at that moment. And stealth is not a super power. You are still able to find the other surv, they decided to ‚tunnel‘ (which is okay, but don’t cry about being called tunneler)

    And why call him anything at all? It is just bad manners and poor sportsmanship. Survivors (just like Killers) need to own their own losses and failures. The Salt you keep inside.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758668#Comment_1758668

    Oh right right. As a "killer player" you know that when you hook a survivor and don't find survivors anywhere else you should stand int he corner of the map and stare at the wall~ /s

    I did not say you should not go back. I am not saying tunneling is always a bad decision. But you do have other options than going after the injured or stay in a corner.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758670#Comment_1758670

    I did not say you should not go back. I am not saying tunneling is always a bad decision. But you do have other options than going after the injured or stay in a corner.

    Those other options were of higher risk with less value. I had no information about where the other survivors were, so patrolling the entire map looking out for the generators being done was my only option, but once again, that doesn't always confirm finding a survivor.

    Going back to the hook for a guaranteed 50% of the survivors in one area was the better call.

  • @Zaytex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758668#Comment_1758668

    If I was actually tunnelling then I would have no qualms about being called it, but its when survivors force me to tunnel that makes me somewhat frustrated.

    In a way, I wasn't even tunnelling, since there were no other objectives or survivors near the injured survivor.

    tunneling is not well defined. You may think you didn’t Tunnel. But you have not seen their perspective. The unhooked may have thought you were busy because it seemed to them you were going somewhere were another survivor was hiding.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758670#Comment_1758670

    I did not say you should not go back. I am not saying tunneling is always a bad decision. But you do have other options than going after the injured or stay in a corner.

    But it isn't a "always" a bad decision. Sometimes it isn't even a decision. For example, I put down the very next person who happens to get in front of me. I'm not picky and I don't care if I hit you before or not. Half the damn time the person who got unhooked comes and finds me (I'm sure by accident) on the other side of the map. Am I supposed to ignore them? I think not.

    Most Killers don't actually have an intent one way or another. Killers just take whomever is the weakest link and most likely down. So if I find a fresh Survivor and a wounded one, I'm likely to take the wounded one. If I find two wounded or two fresh, I'm going for whomever has the weakest loop (or none). If I have a choice between dead on hook and 1st hook, I'm going to put the dead on hook out of the game.

    It is my job, when I play Killer, to sacrifice Survivors and I'm not picky. I don't go out of my way to tunnel (unless I have a darn good reason) nor do I go out of my way to avoid getting the same person. It is just chance.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758680#Comment_1758680

    But it isn't a "always" a bad decision. Sometimes it isn't even a decision. For example, I put down the very next person who happens to get in front of me. I'm not picky and I don't care if I hit you before or not. Half the damn time the person who got unhooked comes and finds me (I'm sure by accident) on the other side of the map. Am I supposed to ignore them? I think not.

    Most Killers don't actually have an intent one way or another. Killers just take whomever is the weakest link and most likely down. So if I find a fresh Survivor and a wounded one, I'm likely to take the wounded one. If I find two wounded or two fresh, I'm going for whomever has the weakest loop (or none). If I have a choice between dead on hook and 1st hook, I'm going to put the dead on hook out of the game.

    It is my job, when I play Killer, to sacrifice Survivors and I'm not picky. I don't go out of my way to tunnel (unless I have a darn good reason) nor do I go out of my way to avoid getting the same person. It is just chance.

    I did not say it is always a bad decision.

  • This is called ‘Funneling’ or ‘Forced Tunneling.’ Killer only had the one option. It is sadly a common place scenario and is hardly a good critique in the post game.

    @Zaytex said:

    -I, as Killer, hook a survivor, and walk probably half the map away to scout some generators and give them the chance for the unhook despite having no BBQ & Chili auras, etc.

    -Survivor gets unhooked, so I'll go back to the hook as that's my only lead/option.

    -Healthy survivor who rescued proceeds to stealth & hide, leaving me with no choice but to chase the injured survivor who was just on the hook and since he can't stealth.

    -Proceed to post-game where they complained that I only tunnelled despite clearly limiting my options to only being able to chase the guy who was just hooked.

    =)

  • I apologize... I probably misread it by going too fast. :)

  • @Mooks said:

    Yeah that healthy one should have stayed under the hook and let you hook him/her! /s

    they could not have known you were coming back, and why would you? There are gens to patrol after all. It’s not their job to entertain you all the time with a chase. Stealth is just as a viable strategy as tunneling is.

    He check some gen saw no one but he got a notification that the hooked guy got unhook the logic thing to do is go there because you know at least 2 survivor are in that direction but you dont know were the other 2 are.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758665#Comment_1758665

    And why call him anything at all? It is just bad manners and poor sportsmanship. Survivors (just like Killers) need to own their own losses and failures. The Salt you keep inside.

    To be fair, survivors don't even need to lose to be salty. I've gotten salt from survivors who won the match, because I didn't play in the exact way they wanted me to play. I've even had a survivor d/c just to prevent me from getting the final hook after forcing the rest of their teammates out of the exit gate.

  • @Zaytex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758648#Comment_1758648

    You don't even need to walk up to the killer and give them a hit for free, if you just run away with the injured survivor (behind them) and protect them from the killer and give them the chance to get away then you've done your job.

    Survivors will complain that killers tunnel despite giving them no option BUT to tunnel.

    And just like how someone joked about it in this thread, when I suggested for the healthy survivor to protect the injured teammate, I got the ''omg another killer expecting survivors to just hook them for free''

    Which is like ???

    This annoys the hell out of me when another survivor just follows behind thinking they are protecting me. No you are just letting the killer chase both of us for free. If he tunnels me I can take care of myself - but don't give him reason to keep following both of us. Pick a different a direction and run that way to draw his attention.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758676#Comment_1758676

    To be fair, survivors don't even need to lose to be salty. I've gotten salt from survivors who won the match, because I didn't play in the exact way they wanted me to play. I've even had a survivor d/c just to prevent me from getting the final hook after forcing the rest of their teammates out of the exit gate.

    Yep, there is an epidemic of bad sportsmanship.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758662#Comment_1758662

    I am playing killer. But when I tunnel I don’t act surprised for getting called a tunneler.

    Please explain how chasing the only survivor you can see is in any way ignoring everyone else

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758668#Comment_1758668

    Please explain how chasing the only survivor you can see is in any way ignoring everyone else

    There are people with other definitions of tunneling. It’s not well defined

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758827#Comment_1758827

    There are people with other definitions of tunneling. It’s not well defined

    That's the problem with these discussions: too many people define tunneling differently. Originally it meant the killer having "tunnel vision," ignoring all other survivors to chase one person. Now, a lot of people seem to think it means hooking the same person twice in a row, even if you can't find anyone else. By the original definition of "tunneling," it was pretty much always a bad thing because you were ignoring other targets to your detriment.

    The way so many people use it now, to just mean hooking the same person twice in a row, the term "tunneling" is completely useless.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758903#Comment_1758903

    That's the problem with these discussions: too many people define tunneling differently. Originally it meant the killer having "tunnel vision," ignoring all other survivors to chase one person. Now, a lot of people seem to think it means hooking the same person twice in a row, even if you can't find anyone else. By the original definition of "tunneling," it was pretty much always a bad thing because you were ignoring other targets to your detriment.

    The way so many people use it now, to just mean hooking the same person twice in a row, the term "tunneling" is completely useless.

    Yeah but it’s the same for many of those terms such as ‚camping, ‚facecamping‘, ‚genrushing‘ and my favorite ‚bullying the killer‘

    there are problematic incidents with all of these but those terms all get overused and used out of original meaning.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758827#Comment_1758827

    There are people with other definitions of tunneling. It’s not well defined

    It is, actually. The term came from "getting tunnel vision." Just because people want to change it to fit their narrative doesn't mean that the term is actually undefined.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758903#Comment_1758903

    It is, actually. The term came from "getting tunnel vision." Just because people want to change it to fit their narrative doesn't mean that the term is actually undefined.

    no it’s not. Just because you have a definition of what tunnel vision would mean in DbD does not mean your interpretation is the one and only.

    or- other interpretation: tunneling in DbD is just Legion or Nurse having their fatigue. That’s the only real tunnel vision in DbD. You can’t tell me otherwise since it’s literally getting tunnel vision. Nothing else comes closer.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758979#Comment_1758979

    no it’s not. Just because you have a definition of what tunnel vision would mean in DbD does not mean your interpretation is the one and only.

    or- other interpretation: tunneling in DbD is just Legion or Nurse having their fatigue. That’s the only real tunnel vision in DbD. You can’t tell me otherwise since it’s literally getting tunnel vision. Nothing else comes closer.

    It's not my interpretation or personal definition, it's how the term came to exist in DbD.

  • @Zaytex said:

    -I, as Killer, hook a survivor, and walk probably half the map away to scout some generators and give them the chance for the unhook despite having no BBQ & Chili auras, etc.

    -Survivor gets unhooked, so I'll go back to the hook as that's my only lead/option.

    -Healthy survivor who rescued proceeds to stealth & hide, leaving me with no choice but to chase the injured survivor who was just on the hook and since he can't stealth.

    -Proceed to post-game where they complained that I only tunnelled despite clearly limiting my options to only being able to chase the guy who was just hooked.

    =)

    Yeah I see a lot of teammates who are happy to make a safe unhook. But I also see a lot of killers who walk right on by the healthy survivor trying to take a hit to tunnel. It is what it is.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758983#Comment_1758983

    It's not my interpretation or personal definition, it's how the term came to exist in DbD.

    And meaning of a term can change over time.

    see facecamping, it was used for when the killer stood in front of a hook so unhooking was literally impossible. That was fixed, but the term got a new meaning, and is still being used. Many people adopted the new meaning and differentiate proxycamping and facecamping this way for example.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758670#Comment_1758670

    I did not say you should not go back. I am not saying tunneling is always a bad decision. But you do have other options than going after the injured or stay in a corner.

    You must not play against many high rank players. If the the healthy survivor hides - why in any situation would you go "I am going to waste the time looking for the survivor, then injuring the survivor, exhausting the survivor, and downing the survivor" when there is a perfectly good already injured survivor right there in your sights?

    It's moronic to not go for the unhooked survivor at that point. It's completely the survivors fault for not protecting them, or making themself look like a better option to chase than the unhooked.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758680#Comment_1758680

    You must not play against many high rank players. If the the healthy survivor hides - why in any situation would you go "I am going to waste the time looking for the survivor, then injuring the survivor, exhausting the survivor, and downing the survivor" when there is a perfectly good already injured survivor right there in your sights?

    It's moronic to not go for the unhooked survivor at that point. It's completely the survivors fault for not protecting them, or making themself look like a better option to chase than the unhooked.

    just because I say there are other options means I don’t play against many high ranks?

    i did not say tunneling is always bad and killers should never tunnel.

    but if the killer decides to tunnel for whatever reason they shouldn’t be surprised to be called a tunneler.

  • It's worth pointing out that the perspective of the Survivor is their own. They don't see what you see, know what you know, or know what their buddies are up to at all times. If they want to whine and moan about you tunneling them despite your efforts to find anyone else to grope with a rope, that's their prerogative. You know that wasn't the case, so you don't need to worry about it.

    Also, a lot of people claim "OMG TUNNELING SOMEONE MAKE THIS MATCH A SUPERFUND CUZ IZ TOOOOSIC" without knowing what tunneling really means. You didn't go OUT OF YOUR MERRY WAY to target them. You didn't ignore the 482938490238 people teabagging you, flashing lights in your eyes, the world falling apart around you, the plane crash filled with new born babies to butcher, just to get them. You exhausted your other reasonable options, and decided to go SWISH to get another hook instead of just say "Well, I can't find anyone else, better just mindlessly wander uhurdur". That's not tunneling. That doing yer jeb. Good jeb.

    You're fine. They mad cuz bad. Carry on, soldier, those obnoxious home invaders aren't going to stab themselves. Unless it's Nea. She'll stab everyone.

  • Going back to the hook. MY ONLY LEAD.

    I walked away for 10 meters.