Killers That Instantly Tunnel Because There's No Obsession...

The most pathetic playstyle playing a P3 Pyramid Head. Hiding your terror radius camping basement as a Pig. Literally camping hooks, I wouldn't mind if I actually got some points from the game. But just because the Killer sees there is no obsession, TUNNEL TIME. 2 games in a row, under 10k points at rank 1...how sad it is people have to play like this. I don't know what I can even do apart from forcing myself to use a aNtI-TunNeLiNg PeRk...massive flaw in the games design to have a game ended after a couple of minutes just because i'm not using a certain perk or just because there is no obsession. Maybe i'll chalk it down to me playing bad, but not much you can do against someone hiding their terror radius at a basement so no BT or you know looping a Killer that can hit through walls and even if he misses he get's no cooldown to do it 2 seconds later.

Then the game after these 2 games is a camping iri-head Huntress. NGL I can't remember the last time I went against a Killer who could actually play good and earn their Kills.

SuRvIvOr SiDeD game.

Comments

  • @piggypablo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1759202#Comment_1759202

    And that's where you and the outspoken minority are wrong. Playing the game to win is not acting like a jerk. It's simply playing the game. Do you handicap yourself when playing super mario by tossing away your first two lives? Or do you hard drop the first 5-10 blocks in Tetris to give the computer an advantage? No, you play the game the way it's meant to be played. I know these are basic examples but what you people are suggesting is that and it's counter intuitive to human instinct.

    edit: word

    The examples you laid involve no human interaction and that's where your argument falls flat. Playing like a jerk =/= from trying to win even in dbd. Sandbagging for example is game-losing jerk move and camping is not necessarily a jerk move, ex: killer in the ECG protecting his kill, more than one hooked in the basement. But doing it in the start of the game against a competent team will lead to the loss of key gens. There is more to this game than securing a kill 4 minutes into the match only for 3 ppl escape.

  • If all I see is the unhooked person and the other person is a ninja, I'll eat the DS and finish them off. Survivors need to work together sometimes, I am not going to just "let you go" because you are entitled. Don't want to tunnel? Then give me someone else to chase. I only tunnel when the person is a troll or I don't see the person that rescued. As for the people that play "efficiently" and tunnel, well that's too bad, but I am sure those people eat DS all day, it is what it is. Work together a bit and tunneling isn't that big of a problem, I see killers trying to tunnel and I will body block them and "pull aggro" so to speak. Try a little bit and enough with the QQ. Don't expect anything from either side and you'll enjoy the game more, just expect the worst and put up the best fight you can, that's all you can do..

  • Because unfortunately the best thing a killer can/should do is get someone out the game asap. That's the real flaw in the game design if you have a problem with tunneling, the game is designed in a way where that's what they want killers to do.

    Also, seeing as survivors see no problem tunneling gens to 100%, I don't think its fair to ask the other side not to do the same for their objective. If you want killers to stop tunneling kills than we need survivors to stop doing gens so fast as well. Not going to happen.

  • @lagosta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758787#Comment_1758787

    Indeed, completely devoid of empathy for the other side, no matter if killer or survivor.

    This is why the game needs a mode against bots.

    I'm not in it to grief and bully other players but on the flipside when I have to constantly think of their feelings while playing a merciless killer who's out to kill them asap before they escape, it kind of defeats the purpose.

    Not every game has to be a mori murder fest but you can't tell me it isn't fun to do that from time to time, its the most thematic thing a killer can do.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1759006#Comment_1759006

    I just hate playing against it as killer, since it's used against me offensively more often that it's used defensively and eating even a single DS can be devastating. I don't like it enough as killer that I choose not to use it as survivor.

    Just had four games in a row where the killer camped and tunneled every single person. It's just absolutely miserable to play as a solo survivor without it.

    How is it used offensively? Going into a locker?

  • When I hook somebody, I usually look around the area to se if I can find those cheeky survivors that unhook right after I turn away from the hook, if I don't find them I just go for whoever I saw on BBQ/Discordance/Tinkerer/etc. After a survivor is unhooked, most of the time I don't really care if the guy was just unhooked or not, whoever I run into and is easier to get down I smack them. If I have to slug them a bit in order to bypass DS I just wait in the vicinity looking for other survivors around.

    I don't get why some guys unhook people next to the killer without BT and not taking a protection hit so the guy doesn't get instantly downed again...just farming for BP I guess.

  • I'm not the most experienced at this but learned watching someone play both sides.

    Sometimes, from my pov you no matter what you do you seem to only find (respectfully) that guy). I've tried to hook someone and then opposite side of the map or just get off the hook site. Find someone, then he runs me to the hooked survivor. Literally taking them off as I'm right there.

    Not saying this is you or others but its like....well what am I supposed to do? I've left many people fresh off the hook lying there hopefully someone gets y'all up but I'm not gonna pass it up.

    Sucks to get set up. At the same time....how can I not take what's been given. Bad teammates ?

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758884#Comment_1758884

    I agree.

    At the end of the day, if survivors choose to get good at the game, they have all the tools they need to basically never get caught. At the very least, never actually die. From perks to map resources. Even on maps they hate like "The Game" (literally the most amount of safe pallets in 1 map).

    I don't think we're playing the same game. It doesn't matter if you're a good survivor, a killer will always get you since they're faster than you. Pallets aren't infinite and get destroyed.

  • There should be an obsession in each match.

    Would make those obsession challenges as killer a lot easier too.

  • ez fix, there is always an obsession.

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758884#Comment_1758884

    I agree.

    At the end of the day, if survivors choose to get good at the game, they have all the tools they need to basically never get caught. At the very least, never actually die. From perks to map resources. Even on maps they hate like "The Game" (literally the most amount of safe pallets in 1 map).

    Only one map lol, on reworked maps is twice less pallets

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1759747#Comment_1759747

    "A killer will always get you since they are faster than you"

    The words of someone who is bad at looping, and/or mind games.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1759800#Comment_1759800

    I'm down for that. But then DS needs to deactivate when that survivor touches a gen/hex totem, and when someone is unhooked. It's impossible that you are being tunneled if any of those things are taking place.

    If you disagree with me, you're bad at the game hurr durr

  • Killers tunnel a lot because they do not get punished for it enough.

    I've had many matches where the killer just literally sits by the hook and waits for the survivor to die, and in every match they get at least 2 kills before the exit gates are opened and the other two escape.

    How many bloodpoints do they get from that? Oh nothing much, just like 20k+ whereas the SECOND camped survivor barely pass 12k.

    How can you as a survivor who is just trying to get some BPs not be incentivized to just play tunnel killer when you see that every tunneling killer is making such exorbitant amounts of BPs and get at least a pip when all they do is hook two survivors and camp them to death? No stress, nothing complicated. And when you try to play killer normally you barely gain any extra BP, 23-27k, unless you do perfectly.

    Either killers need to have their BP gain for tunneling and camping SEVERELY handicapped or they will never have a reason to not tunnel, and I don't know about you but a steady ~20k BP per match sounds kinda nice to me. Not fun, but the devs have made it a no brainer if I just want to farm consistent BPs.

  • @Zaytex said:

    Tunnelling is the strongest strategy if the killer confirms there is no DS/BT or has methods to negate either one.

    I understand its ''toxic'' to some people and its un-fun, but I heavily doubt the survivors in that match wouldn't have rushed gens and abused strong loops if they had the chance.

    If ds ub and bt didnt exist, killers would legit win a match faster than ever. Tunnel off hook and bam do it once more and 1v3 at 4 gens left almost 3 Nd then you now can not lose unless the people you go against are gods or you suck ass(hence why you played like that) and then you can just do the same over again, ruining everyone's game because you dont have to actually try.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1758698#Comment_1758698

    Because maybe some don't need it? I don't ever really run it.

    I hate you :( everytime I bring it I rarely get tunneled and so when I take it off I usually get tunneled. I just wish I could have that luck

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1760063#Comment_1760063

    That's not what I said. I said if the killer is "always catching you because they are faster", you're bad at the game. Any experienced player, survivor or killer, knows this. Nice strawman. Argue with someone you can beat.

    I have 3.6k hours and i'm a red ranked survivor but i'm not "experienced", try again

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1759491#Comment_1759491

    Just had four games in a row where the killer camped and tunneled every single person. It's just absolutely miserable to play as a solo survivor without it.

    How is it used offensively? Going into a locker?

    Oh, I actually wrote a post about this very thing elsewhere.

    @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1760834#Comment_1760834

    The problem is when you can't find anyone else but the unhooked guy because everyone else is stealthing around.

    Personally, I go out of my way not to tunnel. I ignore the one who just got unhooked even when they stand there as I run by. It is absolutely to my detriment. (And you know what, because I play nice, I wouldn't be surprised if games against me are really freakin' boring for survivors.) Anyway, you know how they repay me for not tunneling them? For not slugging them? They run over to where I am and try to trick me into eating their DS. They jump onto a generator in front of me. They get in the middle of a chase with someone else and start vaulting the pallet, hoping I will be unable to avoid accidentally grabbing them. They don't give me enough time to walk away from a hook and make the save in my face. I thought survivors didn't like being slugged, but all I'm seeing is that they're going to punish me unless I do.

    "Go after someone else." Sure, and when I do, the one with DS literally gets between them and me.

    DS should not work on grabs.

    TLDR: the survivor will apparently be upset that I didn't tunnel or slug them, so they chase after me and try their damndest to get grabbed.

  • @Zaytex said:

    Tunnelling is the strongest strategy if the killer confirms there is no DS/BT or has methods to negate either one.

    I understand its ''toxic'' to some people and its un-fun, but I heavily doubt the survivors in that match wouldn't have rushed gens and abused strong loops if they had the chance.

    Thing is, a lot of survivors are trained to play the first minute sweaty as ######### and then slow down because of toxic killers. You basically have to be a toxic ######### for a full minute to find out whether or not the killer is a toxic #########. There are no winners to it.

    In fact, the old infinite window wasnt even discovered untill survivors needed to literally infinitely loop killers who ran Ebony Mori, because Ebony Mori didnt require a hook at the time and could be used as soon as you downed 1 person. Billy didnt have red addons, so all he got was New Moon Bouqets and Ebony Mori's. Billy players back then were considered the most toxic players because they got to use Ebony Mori every single game and get rewarded for it.

    So even if Ebony Mori didnt exist, the infinite windows would have eventually been found and abused, yes. But killers abusing vanilla mechanics forces survivors to find ways to abuse mechanics in their own favor to a point where they need to abuse by default before calming down. You cannot have a chill game of survivor untill you know if the killer is chill or not.

1 2 ›