I’m sick to death of start match, walk 10 steps, hear the TR!!!

(Seeing as so many on this forum lack basic comprehension skills, I’d like to add and emphasise that this is NOT a “I’m tired of being found first” rant. Someone is going to be found first, it’s bound to be me some matches. This is not the problem! If I’m found first, I’m found first. What I do have a specific problem with, and what puts me in a “I’m over this” mindset is quite literally when the match starts, and I’m already hearing the TR within the first brief seconds, and already being spotted before I’ve even had time to mentally process where exactly in the map I’ve spawned, and where exactly is the killer coming from. It’s not the killers fault, but this is quite literally blindsiding right at the start of the match.)

I’m so over this crap!!

Match starts.

Take a few steps. (for clarification i mean walk. I’ll say that again. Walk. Just in case that still wasn’t understood, one last time. WALK!)

Try to get my bearings.

Hear the TR.

Still trying to get my bearings AND now try and see WHERE the friggin killers is so I KNOW where I can/can’t hide.

Too late, spotted before I have my bearings.

15 to 30 seconds haven’t even passed.

I really don’t care what the majority consensus is, when this happens to me I just take it and hook suicide. Chases will never be my strong suit, so starting matches like this is just not fun. Not one bit. And matches are more frequently starting like this lately, and it’s completely pissing me off.

Killers, look, I get it. It’s not fun for you when you don’t even spot a survivor before 1, 2, or even 3 gens pop.

But THIS: the extreme OPPOSITE kinda crap isn’t fun for survivors either. Quite frankly it’s BS!!!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I’m just gonna start stockpiling Vigo’s Shroud and use them as often as possible from now on.

    hate to say this but tho never work I use one and I end up next to the killer anyways or very close.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1754078#Comment_1754078

    None of that matters anyway in a match where it’s within mere seconds that the killer is already on me.

    I’m not talking about being the first found because of the higher likelihood of already having reached the middle of the match after some time. This is about the frustration of being almost immediately spotted once the match starts. I haven’t even had a chance to properly process where exactly where I’ve spawned in a particular map and get my orientation right inside my mind.

    I’ve heard of issues of the match starting before someone is able to completely load in.

    I was playing on Switch, and everyone around me started moving before I could even get a chance to move.

    A friend of mine had similar problem on PlayStation, but he could hear the TR gradually growing louder.

    I don’t know if it helps, but could that also be the issue?

  • If you look at the size of maps vs the terror radius of most killers, it's not surprising that on spawn you end up in a terror radius within seconds. 32m for most killers, 24m for a few and 8m for the shape. That's actually bigger than i thought.

  • Yeah, there is still an issue where some players (killer or survivor doesnt matter, it appears to be completely random) load into the match sooner than others. I have seen videos of instances where other survivors already work on generators while a person is still in the intro sequence.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I’m so over this crap!!

    Match starts.

    Take a few steps.

    Try to get my bearings.

    Hear the TR.

    Still trying to get my bearings AND now try and see WHERE the friggin killers is so I KNOW where I can/can’t hide.

    Too late, spotted before I have my bearings.

    15 to 30 seconds haven’t even passed.

    I really don’t care what the majority consensus is, when this happens to me I just take it and hook suicide. Chases will never be my strong suit, so starting matches like this is just not fun. Not one bit. And matches are more frequently starting like this lately, and it’s completely pissing me off.

    Killers, look, I get it. It’s not fun for you when you don’t even spot a survivor before 1, 2, or even 3 gens pop.

    But THIS: the extreme OPPOSITE kinda crap isn’t fun for survivors either. Quite frankly it’s BS!!!

    I recommend you try an Unpredictable approach, ALWAYS JUMP IN A LOCKER FOR ABOUT 10-20 Seconds at the beginning of the match. I have this happen often Killers tend to go to common survivor spots at the beginning of the match. Even some red rank killers won't risk wasting time searching for someone they may not know is there. Besides most survivor players would take a stealth player that dosent get caught over a downed player any day.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1753939#Comment_1753939

    How many times do I need to put the word “walk” in my post before others will stop saying “try not running”?!

    When I make posts trying to help people out, I like to be as clear and helpful as I possibly can. I understand that you already know that you shouldn't leave scratch marks when you're trying to avoid the killer, but I wanted to tell you and anyone else with your same issue what exact steps I would take to solve that problem.

    I'll be sure to just say something like "run premonition lol" next time if that would make you feel better

  • I really don’t care what the majority consensus is, when this happens to me I just take it and hook suicide.

    I strongly disapprove.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1754078#Comment_1754078

    None of that matters anyway in a match where it’s within mere seconds that the killer is already on me.

    I’m not talking about being the first found because of the higher likelihood of already having reached the middle of the match after some time. This is about the frustration of being almost immediately spotted once the match starts. I haven’t even had a chance to properly process where exactly where I’ve spawned in a particular map and get my orientation right inside my mind.

    It shouldn't even be a frustration, the terror radius is there for a warning and gives you more then enough time to find a tile to run. As long as you don't spawn in the killers face it's all fair play

    And anytime you attempt to hide especially when you don't know exactly where the killer is you are taking a gamble and you shouldn't throw a hissy fit because that gamble didn't work out

    Sometimes the spawns work in the survivors favor and they can complete a gen before the killer can physically get there, sometimes they work in the killers favor and they get an early chase. Neither scenario means you lost

    Sorry but you lost any chance at sympathy when you confessed to ruin the match for 3-4 other people for something that boils down to a minor inconvience.

    I agree that spawn points can really work against you sometimes but to throw a game for that is just petty.

    If you can't handle frustration well then do yourself a favor and don't have 2 hour sessions of a multiplayer pvp game where there will always be some kind of frustration if you aren't winning.

    This sounds more of a case that you needing to learn your limit and when not to join another match instead of letting the frustration build up and end up ruining the game for multiple people, completly destroying your mood to then rant on the forums where people not agreeing with you just make you more frustrated

    This is not the first time you start ranting over something completelly minor, seriously learn your limit this isn't healthy

    Find a more relaxing game you can play when dbd becomes to much. I never play this game for more then an hour at once and I always make sure i have something to do when dbd isn't working out for this exact reason

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1754153#Comment_1754153

    It shouldn't even be a frustration, the terror radius is there for a warning and gives you more then enough time to find a tile to run. As long as you don't spawn in the killers face it's all fair play

    And anytime you attempt to hide especially when you don't know exactly where the killer is you are taking a gamble and you shouldn't throw a hissy fit because that gamble didn't work out

    Sometimes the spawns work in the survivors favor and they can complete a gen before the killer can physically get there, sometimes they work in the killers favor and they get an early chase. Neither scenario means you lost

    Sorry but you lost any chance at sympathy when you confessed to ruin the match for 3-4 other people for something that boils down to a minor inconvience.

    I agree that spawn points can really work against you sometimes but to throw a game for that is just petty.

    If you can't handle frustration well then do yourself a favor and don't have 2 hour sessions of a multiplayer pvp game where there will always be some kind of frustration if you aren't winning.

    This sounds more of a case that you needing to learn your limit and when not to join another match instead of letting the frustration build up and end up ruining the game for multiple people, completly destroying your mood to then rant on the forums where people not agreeing with you just make you more frustrated

    This is not the first time you start ranting over something completelly minor, seriously learn your limit this isn't healthy

    Find a more relaxing game you can play when dbd becomes to much. I never play this game for more then an hour at once and I always make sure i have something to do when dbd isn't working out for this exact reason

    This is good advice. Pick a certain time to stop playing and conclude the overall experience with a 'gg' mindset, or stop playing after a great round. George Costanza called this going out on a high note. I do this.

    To the OP, if you're found first, just practice looping. Don't dc or suicide. Don't be a bad teammate.

    I also think you are BIGLY sleeping on spine chill. This perk is amazing and will solve your problem. If SC goes solid, glue yourself to the nearest wall or hiding spot and wave to the killer as they leave. Windows of Op is also pretty great for looping and surviving.

  • After reading your replies to some of these comments, I feel your frustration and I hope I can help you.

    Anyway, I had it happen to me once and it was against a Spirit (I could see her like 20 feet away from where I spawned), my immediate instinct was to hide and look for the nearest pallet in case she found me so I could stall her and give enough time to my teammates to work on generators. Luckily she didn't see me.

    My advice would be to prepare and use your sight to your advantage. If you spawn and already hear the terror radius, hide as quick as you can and look for the nearest pallet immediately. Loop around for a bit until you see the nearest window/pallet and take advantage of it.

    I hope this helps.

  • Yeah and us killers are tired of getting into our first chase and hearing 2 gens pop before you even get a hit.

  • You might be playing the wrong game if stuff like this makes you suicide on hook. Like, it's DBD, that's part of it. If you don't enjoy it, you should find another game to play.

  • So you:

    1. Load into a game
    2. Killer happens to find you faster than you would like
    3. You suicide

    That's some next level entitlement right there.

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1753838#Comment_1753838

    but do you take the time to thoroughly check your immediate vicinity where you spawned? Survivors can spawn quite close to the killer, but the more likely spots are farther away, i usually don't spend any time, just a few quick looks as im beelining to the farthest gens. If the survivor is hiding, there's no way I'll find them and there's no reason to look for them because of the chances they are there in the first place.

    image.png

    Gonna use this as an example map. Lets say I spawn in the bottom left. I KNOW the likelihood that a survivor spawning directly opposite of me (top right) is basicly 100%, however its abit of a walk and often times good to not go directly there right away. While I dont expect anyone to have spawned ontop of me in the bottom left, its pretty common theyd still spawn on the same side of the map as me and would be in the bottom right. Perks like whispers work wonders for verifying these hunches. Its probably like a 50% chance that someone is there and its pretty quick to check upon spawning in.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1753844#Comment_1753844

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YNZDNXF0I402/image.png

    Gonna use this as an example map. Lets say I spawn in the bottom left. I KNOW the likelihood that a survivor spawning directly opposite of me (top right) is basicly 100%, however its abit of a walk and often times good to not go directly there right away. While I dont expect anyone to have spawned ontop of me in the bottom left, its pretty common theyd still spawn on the same side of the map as me and would be in the bottom right. Perks like whispers work wonders for verifying these hunches. Its probably like a 50% chance that someone is there and its pretty quick to check upon spawning in.

    Correct, like I said, what I would do is beeline to the upper right, but I would be looking as I went in the other spots for any signs of a survivor, If I see a survivor or scratch marks im going to go to that location, if I see nothing then I'm not, as it's far more likely survivors spawned in the upper right rather than right next to me. Those survivors are also more likely to be running freely since they are not within my TR and I can see their scratch marks. The problem with survivors spawning next to the killer is that the survivors can instantly start hiding, not showing any signs they are in that area. If the killer runs whispers, that's a different story.

  • Meh- there are offerings to help with that- try playing blendette and get used to staying low if you're too easy to spot normally

  • @Exerlin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1753993#Comment_1753993

    When I make posts trying to help people out, I like to be as clear and helpful as I possibly can. I understand that you already know that you shouldn't leave scratch marks when you're trying to avoid the killer, but I wanted to tell you and anyone else with your same issue what exact steps I would take to solve that problem.

    I'll be sure to just say something like "run premonition lol" next time if that would make you feel better

    Apologies. I was highly strung earlier.

  • @Creepa99 said:

    Yeah and us killers are tired of getting into our first chase and hearing 2 gens pop before you even get a hit.

    Which I clearly acknowledged.

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1754876#Comment_1754876

    Correct, like I said, what I would do is beeline to the upper right, but I would be looking as I went in the other spots for any signs of a survivor, If I see a survivor or scratch marks im going to go to that location, if I see nothing then I'm not, as it's far more likely survivors spawned in the upper right rather than right next to me. Those survivors are also more likely to be running freely since they are not within my TR and I can see their scratch marks. The problem with survivors spawning next to the killer is that the survivors can instantly start hiding, not showing any signs they are in that area. If the killer runs whispers, that's a different story.

    Whispers is often a go-to for me on killers that might not naturally have built in tracking. If I'm playing Legion, I have the killer instinct...so I dont bother with whispers. If Im playing Huntress though, Ill toss on whispers. Between her huge hum range and slow movement speed, its not uncommon for survivors to hide well in advance.

  • I would rather hear the TR than nothing at all. Its those quiet moments that make you panic.

  • It's all good. We all get upset at times

  • Lol. 😂Maybe try a different game?

  • @ZaKzan said:

    stop running and leaving scratch marks, take advantage of the environment, hide.

    I'm tired of the survivors finishing a gen and getting another one 25% done by the time I get to them from the other side of the map because maps are so large.

    Did you even bother to read the post?

  • @Crawler24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1754876#Comment_1754876

    Only problem is when u don't get a quick down you have 3 chilling on the same gens. If you have to give up the chase by the time you are on the opposite side of the map they can pop 2 gens and the one you left is sitting on the third while you try to down one of the others. Maybe it is different for you but i always try to find the 3 just to have them in movement.

    For sure try to keep as many ppl occupied at once as you can. I was just saying its a good idea to check the close spots first that go straight across the map. If you can spot more than 1 working on a gen at a time, try to pressure both ppl rather than trying to focus on a down from the first person you come across. This is more a conversation about gen pressure at this point though as opposed to just early game tracking.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I’m so over this crap!!

    Match starts.

    Take a few steps.

    Try to get my bearings.

    Hear the TR.

    Still trying to get my bearings AND now try and see WHERE the friggin killers is so I KNOW where I can/can’t hide.

    Too late, spotted before I have my bearings.

    15 to 30 seconds haven’t even passed.

    I really don’t care what the majority consensus is, when this happens to me I just take it and hook suicide. Chases will never be my strong suit, so starting matches like this is just not fun. Not one bit. And matches are more frequently starting like this lately, and it’s completely pissing me off.

    Killers, look, I get it. It’s not fun for you when you don’t even spot a survivor before 1, 2, or even 3 gens pop.

    But THIS: the extreme OPPOSITE kinda crap isn’t fun for survivors either. Quite frankly it’s BS!!!

    Most people are bad at chase, but there are absolutely things you can do to get better at chase if you want to. When I started playing, I was like, I could be a Claudette like everyone else and just hide, but I want to actually get into chase and learn the game. I get caught a lot at the start of the game too, and I don't mind because I know chances are, I'm the best person at chase out of the whole team. As a survivor, being good at DBD is being good at being chased. It's not about hiding and repairing gens. I'd recommend watching youtube videos or catching some survivor main streams so you can see how it's done.

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    You know your movement speed (yes, walking) doesn't affect the killers speed, right? Generally, the survivors spawn far away from the killer. There's only so many places they can be. Get good.

    You didn’t read my post at all...

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I’m so over this crap!!

    Match starts.

    Take a few steps.

    Try to get my bearings.

    Hear the TR.

    Still trying to get my bearings AND now try and see WHERE the friggin killers is so I KNOW where I can/can’t hide.

    Too late, spotted before I have my bearings.

    15 to 30 seconds haven’t even passed.

    I really don’t care what the majority consensus is, when this happens to me I just take it and hook suicide. Chases will never be my strong suit, so starting matches like this is just not fun. Not one bit. And matches are more frequently starting like this lately, and it’s completely pissing me off.

    Killers, look, I get it. It’s not fun for you when you don’t even spot a survivor before 1, 2, or even 3 gens pop.

    But THIS: the extreme OPPOSITE kinda crap isn’t fun for survivors either. Quite frankly it’s BS!!!

    I understand, and sympathize, so for your sake and the sake of others with this problem, I'll start running more Stealth Killers/Perks so that you don't have to hear the TR after a few steps. 😉

  • @TWiXT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/206544/i-m-sick-to-death-of-start-match-walk-10-steps-hear-the-tr

    I understand, and sympathize, so for your sake and the sake of others with this problem, I'll start running more Stealth Killers/Perks so that you don't have to hear the TR after a few steps. 😉

    Okay... I can at least see the funny side to that.

  • It is so hilarious that the guy advocating for respectful speech in the internet is the same guy that kills himself on hook and ruins the game for his teammates if killer finds him first. That's kinda consistent.

  • I didn’t say “every time I’m found first”.

    Being found first isn’t the problem. The problem is when I’m found first because of this EXACT circumstance: where for all intents and purposes I’m spotted pretty match as soon as the match starts. The killer shouldn’t spawn THAT close to a survivor.

  • I've had plenty of games where I've literally spawned in an open area, with not a single tile near me, and the killer looking in my direction. It happens, and it really does suck.

  • @SunderMun said:

    I've had plenty of games where I've literally spawned in an open area, with not a single tile near me, and the killer looking in my direction. It happens, and it really does suck.

    Thank you, if only so that others can know I’m not making this up.

    I’m tired of the replies here implying “this doesn’t happen, the killer always spawns on the opposite side of the map”

    Or “stop leaving scratch marks every where”. Walking doesn’t leave scratch marks.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1755989#Comment_1755989

    Thank you, if only so that others can know I’m not making this up.

    I’m tired of the replies here implying “this doesn’t happen, the killer always spawns on the opposite side of the map”

    Or “stop leaving scratch marks every where”. Walking doesn’t leave scratch marks.

    Yeah, you're pretty clear in what you're saying, tbh.


    The map I find to be the worst offender, is Azarov's Resting Place. A few times I've spawned in the middle, outside of the tiles, with the killer spawning in front of me also not behind a wall/in a tile, and they're facing me. Once happened with a Spirit. Game over.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1756004#Comment_1756004

    Yeah, you're pretty clear in what you're saying, tbh.

    The map I find to be the worst offender, is Azarov's Resting Place. A few times I've spawned in the middle, outside of the tiles, with the killer spawning in front of me also not behind a wall/in a tile, and they're facing me. Once happened with a Spirit. Game over.

    It’s total crap having a match start like this.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I didn’t say “every time I’m found first”.

    Being found first isn’t the problem. The problem is when I’m found first because of this EXACT circumstance: where for all intents and purposes I’m spotted pretty match as soon as the match starts. The killer shouldn’t spawn THAT close to a survivor.

    Well, why it is the problem? That's basic survivor playing sequence: stealth, generator, looping, hook, rescue, repeat. It doesn't really matter where you start it. Killer will find you earlier or later. Like, if he won't, you are just playing "hold m1 - press space" quick time event simulator, and that's boring as hell.

  • BTW, I'm not sure, but your actual problem could be not in spawn points. I have a feeling that right now loading into the game happens not simultaneously. That could be a crossplay issue or something.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    i literally had survivors spawn in my LoS a couple of times.

    like, i spawn in, the cam goes around my character and i already see them standing on a hill xD

    I did get that as both killer and survivor, as a survivor it was only when the killer used the "all survivor's spawn separated" offering tho and usually was easy to not get spotted since you rarely expect a svv to be under your nose 5m into the game as a killer.

1 2 ›