The past 4 killers has me quite excited about the future of DBD.

Although there’s clearly some glaring issues that need to be addressed with The Twins, there’s no denying that since Deathslinger’s release the Devs have been on their A Game where creativity is concerned.

Even perks. Their viability might be hotly contested. But we’ve been given fresh ideas to put in our builds.

I cant wait to see what chapters for 2021 will bring.

Comments

  • yeah you mean like community is asking for reworking and do osmething with DS and they give survivors another DS ? Not going to comment that in order to works well you have to pair it with ash perk which you havw to buy with real money.... seeems like someone wants to increase sells of their dlcs... disgusting

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Although there’s clearly some glaring issues that need to be addressed with The Twins, there’s no denying that since Deathslinger’s release the Devs have been on their A Game where creativity is concerned.

    Even perks. Their viability might be hotly contested. But we’ve been given fresh ideas to put in our builds.

    I cant wait to see what chapters for 2021 will bring.

    Really? I was massively disappointed with Slinger and PPhead (Saloon is one of my favorite maps, though). Such boring bland powers. Blight gave me hope. He's the best killer since Oni, maybe longer. The Twins I think are really fun in concept but so far leave a LOT to be desired.


    Fun, creative killers are more important to me for this game than good killers. And while SLinger and PP might be considered "good" or at least decent. I think they're the most bland killers they've ever added. And, yes, I'm including Clown there.

    I don't enjoy playing them as every chase is the same. I hate playing against them, too. At least my with my hatred of Spirits power design in general, I still think her sense of momentum makes her a blast to play as.

  • Yeah these killers are awesome

  • @Biggs said:

    yeah you mean like community is asking for reworking and do osmething with DS and they give survivors another DS ? Not going to comment that in order to works well you have to pair it with ash perk which you havw to buy with real money.... seeems like someone wants to increase sells of their dlcs... disgusting

    If you think that pallet perk is going to become meta you're actually insane.

    Soul Guard is significantly stronger effect wise and even that was thrown to the wayside for the same generic builds we've had for 3 years.

  • I still think that Plague is the most creative Killer they ever made. It's not excactly great executed, a bit buggy, but she is creative.

    The fountains, the sounds when someone cleanses or when she drinks from a fountain, the weapon and the look in general is very nicely done. Her power is very creative, it's not some basic "throw stuff at people" or "attack with knife" but rather "throw up stuff at people" and the switch between Vile and Corrupt Purge gives a nice feeling in the match. One moment, everyone pukes and she is an M1 Killer, the next moment she gets her Corrupt Purge and everyone is shooked.

    Also, she came with pretty much 2 Meta Perks and 1 very fun Perk.

  • I know, right? My two favourite killers came out this year, and I am really happy about the increasing complexity and skill cap of the killers powers. I just hope that, even though I'm not a huge fan of the twins or that playstyle, they spawn their own subgenre of dual killers like Huntress spawned ranged killers.

  • Killers are okay, but thats not what cripples DBD.

    its the bugs, monetization, and slow updates that hurts the game

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    Killers are okay, but thats not what cripples DBD.

    its the bugs, monetization, and slow updates that hurts the game

    The monetisation in this game doesn’t cripple anyone, because nothing is pay to win.

    It’s mostly cosmetics.

  • Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. I've had the least fun in this game with past few DLCs. Killers get it all with uncounterable abilities with overpowered perks and survivors get nothing to change the meta. Absolutely nothing, but a few dead zones and bland perks is what they do get.

    This is caused by devs being afraid of killers because selling the killer DLC is what is important to them. Survivors buy cosmetics so they can use the same perks every game. Every survivor uses dead hard, DS, BT, etc. Killer gets a game changing undying perk which is now used every game, tinkerer was overbuffed into full time meta. Where is the survivor perk being buffed into meta? It don't exist.

    So if you are strictly a killer main, then you are very happy right now. But if you play both sides or strictly survivor, I have no idea how you can possibly be excited.

  • I've had mixed feeligns with these chapters. I love blight so much and i think he's potentially the best killer designed in the game, and i think the twins has a lot of potential to be cool and im imagining they'll get heavily buffed before they come onto live so i think ppl need to stop freaking out about them being weak. On the other hand tho we've gotten deathslinger who oh god personally is just so boring to play and vs, like bringing a gun into a game which has nothing to do with shooting or fighting? Pyramid head was also painful until they changed him as now you can be more creative with his shots and it's not bait until the survivor is in animation lock.

    Although i agree perks have been mostly good. Very powerful as well.

  • They're going to have to get more creative. Unless we want the "is _________ but with __________" descriptors and then going "BHVR is so uncreative".

    Btw calling it now. Next killer will be Spirit but with flaming flamingos. Why is BHVR so uncreative?

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. I've had the least fun in this game with past few DLCs. Killers get it all with uncounterable abilities with overpowered perks and survivors get nothing to change the meta. Absolutely nothing, but a few dead zones and bland perks is what they do get.

    This is caused by devs being afraid of killers because selling the killer DLC is what is important to them. Survivors buy cosmetics so they can use the same perks every game. Every survivor uses dead hard, DS, BT, etc. Killer gets a game changing undying perk which is now used every game, tinkerer was overbuffed into full time meta. Where is the survivor perk being buffed into meta? It don't exist.

    So if you are strictly a killer main, then you are very happy right now. But if you play both sides or strictly survivor, I have no idea how you can possibly be excited.

    I play both sides, and well... I genuinely am happy. I particularly like Cheryl’s and Felix’s perks.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. I've had the least fun in this game with past few DLCs. Killers get it all with uncounterable abilities with overpowered perks and survivors get nothing to change the meta. Absolutely nothing, but a few dead zones and bland perks is what they do get.

    This is caused by devs being afraid of killers because selling the killer DLC is what is important to them. Survivors buy cosmetics so they can use the same perks every game. Every survivor uses dead hard, DS, BT, etc. Killer gets a game changing undying perk which is now used every game, tinkerer was overbuffed into full time meta. Where is the survivor perk being buffed into meta? It don't exist.

    So if you are strictly a killer main, then you are very happy right now. But if you play both sides or strictly survivor, I have no idea how you can possibly be excited.

    If that were the case DS would have been rebalanced a long time ago. Soul guard is a good perk and Cheryl also got another perk that outright counters a killer perk a lot of survivors hated. Felix's perks arent amazing but one is a Thano/SLoppy counter and the other is good for flashlights and toolboxes

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1749006#Comment_1749006

    If that were the case DS would have been rebalanced a long time ago. Soul guard is a good perk and Cheryl also got another perk that outright counters a killer perk a lot of survivors hated. Felix's perks arent amazing but one is a Thano/SLoppy counter and the other is good for flashlights and toolboxes

    DS has already been nerfed so much it has lost its meaning. Did you forget it was nerfed? None of those new perks help against an aggressive killer that knows their stuff. Soul Guard is situational. Killer perks are instant gratification. Tinkerer punishes the survivor for doing the objective.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1749248#Comment_1749248

    DS has already been nerfed so much it has lost its meaning. Did you forget it was nerfed? None of those new perks help against an aggressive killer that knows their stuff. Soul Guard is situational. Killer perks are instant gratification. Tinkerer punishes the survivor for doing the objective.

    The DS 'nerf' was a buff. People just hate change. Just like how new Ruin is way better than old but everyone was screaming about it being a nerf.

    Also you can hear half the killers ambient noises from like 16 metres away. TInkerer isnt a great perk.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1749334#Comment_1749334

    The DS 'nerf' was a buff. People just hate change. Just like how new Ruin is way better than old but everyone was screaming about it being a nerf.

    Also you can hear half the killers ambient noises from like 16 metres away. TInkerer isnt a great perk.

    DS definitely wasn't buffed. You can't tell me a perk that can be countered by not tunneling is stronger than the old DS that was pre-hook. I also thought ruin was nerfed but now realized it was massively buffed for good killers. If tinkerer wasn't a great perk, you wouldn't see it on every blight, hillbilly, spirit, bubba...

    Think you almost have the objective done? The perk says no.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. I've had the least fun in this game with past few DLCs. Killers get it all with uncounterable abilities with overpowered perks and survivors get nothing to change the meta. Absolutely nothing, but a few dead zones and bland perks is what they do get.

    This is caused by devs being afraid of killers because selling the killer DLC is what is important to them. Survivors buy cosmetics so they can use the same perks every game. Every survivor uses dead hard, DS, BT, etc. Killer gets a game changing undying perk which is now used every game, tinkerer was overbuffed into full time meta. Where is the survivor perk being buffed into meta? It don't exist.

    So if you are strictly a killer main, then you are very happy right now. But if you play both sides or strictly survivor, I have no idea how you can possibly be excited.

    I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more with THIS argument. Sure, Killers have gotten some good/fresh/new content recently, but Killers are NOT having a day in paradise. Survivors remain the power role. The Killer still fears the SURVIVORS. I hate to see it (much less say it) because I have been a major fan of this game since nearly day one. The roles have swapped and the Survivors are now the thing to be scared of, which didn't feel like the case way before all of these perks, mechanics, and stats for survivors that make them stronger than the Killer.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1749336#Comment_1749336

    DS definitely wasn't buffed. You can't tell me a perk that can be countered by not tunneling is stronger than the old DS that was pre-hook. I also thought ruin was nerfed but now realized it was massively buffed for good killers. If tinkerer wasn't a great perk, you wouldn't see it on every blight, hillbilly, spirit, bubba...

    Think you almost have the objective done? The perk says no.

    Old DS could be outright countered by dribbling or dropping from a ledge with Enduring.

  • @Blue_Archer33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1749006#Comment_1749006

    I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more with THIS argument. Sure, Killers have gotten some good/fresh/new content recently, but Killers are NOT having a day in paradise. Survivors remain the power role. The Killer still fears the SURVIVORS. I hate to see it (much less say it) because I have been a major fan of this game since nearly day one. The roles have swapped and the Survivors are now the thing to be scared of, which didn't feel like the case way before all of these perks, mechanics, and stats for survivors that make them stronger than the Killer.

    Not all survivors have the luxury being in a swat team on discord, coordinated on a mission to finish the gens fast enough to counter the killer meta. But I understand your frustration against a genrush team. Both extremes are unfun.

    Balancing around that top percent is not fair for everyone else.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1748027#Comment_1748027

    The monetisation in this game doesn’t cripple anyone, because nothing is pay to win.

    It’s mostly cosmetics.

    see recent Halloween “event”

    it does affect the game, to say it doesn’t is outright wrong