Am I in the wrong here?

I'm open to hear all opinions on this.

So on the dbd Facebook group someone made a post about how they destroyed a team of rank 20-15ish survivors with blight. They said that the game was easy and bragging about how they only got one gen done.

I commented and said that getting a 4k against rank 20 survivors isn't something to brag about and seems very unsportsmanlike. This girl in the group replied to my comment saying that I was rude for no reason, I'm toxic and that she hates the dbd community cause of people like me.

I never insulted the guy who made the post btw, i remained respectful and never said that he was bad or questioned his own skill. So am I in the wrong for trying to tell this guy that bragging about killing rank 20 survivors isn't really a great thing to do? Or am I a rude toxic disrespectful person and my mom never taught me decent manners, according to this girl in the group.

Pls remain respectful in the comments.

Comments

  • I mean... No? It probably wasn't required to point that out, but as long as you remained respectful, then you're not the toxic one.

    If they're the ones that suddenly started calling to toxic, all that #########, then they're in the wrong. That's how I see it at least.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    I mean... No? It probably wasn't required to point that out, but as long as you remained respectful, then you're not the toxic one.

    If they're the ones that suddenly started calling to toxic, all that #########, then they're in the wrong. That's how I see it at least.

    I'd show you exactly what they said but I'm stupid and don't know how to edit names out.

  • Did he say what rank he was I know rank doesn’t matter but I’m curious. Your not wrong for saying that I feel like they felt guilty about how they got 4K just my thoughts.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745692#Comment_1745692

    I'd show you exactly what they said but I'm stupid and don't know how to edit names out.

    Nah, I trust you. I've seen firsthand how bad this community can be sometimes. But no, in my opinion, you weren't in the wrong. If a guy was bragging about destroying rank 20's, then I'd say he's probably even more in the wrong. I mean, we've all done that, but you don't see people on here bragging about it. If anything, if I get a group like that I just feel bad.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745693#Comment_1745693

    Nah, I trust you. I've seen firsthand how bad this community can be sometimes. But no, in my opinion, you weren't in the wrong. If a guy was bragging about destroying rank 20's, then I'd say he's probably even more in the wrong. I mean, we've all done that, but you don't see people on here bragging about it. If anything, if I get a group like that I just feel bad.

    The forums can be pretty toxic but Facebook groups are absolutley horrendous.

  • @shadowman0105 said:

    Did he say what rank he was I know rank doesn’t matter but I’m curious. Your not wrong for saying that I feel like they felt guilty about how they got 4K just my thoughts.

    To me it sounded like they were being condescending. They made no indication of feeling bad, they just said that it was easy and they got no gens done.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745701#Comment_1745701

    The forums can be pretty toxic but Facebook groups are absolutley horrendous.

    Ohf, I can only imagine.

  • No, you are not in the wrong here. That guy will be in for a surprise when he gets to higher ranks.

  • No you're not in the wrong

    It was probably his first 4k pound and wanted to brag to the whole world about it😂

    image.png


  • @I_am_Negan said:

    No you're not in the wrong

    It was probably his first 4k pound and wanted to brag to the whole world about it😂

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PE8VFFDP0SHK/image.png

    Lmao true.

  • @Malakin_Dshebudah said:

    Girls like to play. You are overthinking this and that's what she want's.

    ######### are you even talking about?

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    I'm open to hear all opinions on this.

    So on the dbd Facebook group someone made a post about how they destroyed a team of rank 20-15ish survivors with blight. They said that the game was easy and bragging about how they only got one gen done.

    I commented and said that getting a 4k against rank 20 survivors isn't something to brag about and seems very unsportsmanlike. This girl in the group replied to my comment saying that I was rude for no reason, I'm toxic and that she hates the dbd community cause of people like me.

    I never insulted the guy who made the post btw, i remained respectful and never said that he was bad or questioned his own skill. So am I in the wrong for trying to tell this guy that bragging about killing rank 20 survivors isn't really a great thing to do? Or am I a rude toxic disrespectful person and my mom never taught me decent manners, according to this girl in the group.

    Pls remain respectful in the comments.

    They just got offended over facts

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    I'm open to hear all opinions on this.

    So on the dbd Facebook group someone made a post about how they destroyed a team of rank 20-15ish survivors with blight. They said that the game was easy and bragging about how they only got one gen done.

    I commented and said that getting a 4k against rank 20 survivors isn't something to brag about and seems very unsportsmanlike. This girl in the group replied to my comment saying that I was rude for no reason, I'm toxic and that she hates the dbd community cause of people like me.

    I never insulted the guy who made the post btw, i remained respectful and never said that he was bad or questioned his own skill. So am I in the wrong for trying to tell this guy that bragging about killing rank 20 survivors isn't really a great thing to do? Or am I a rude toxic disrespectful person and my mom never taught me decent manners, according to this girl in the group.

    Pls remain respectful in the comments.

    No, if things transpired as you described, I wouldn't say you did anything wrong. I don't think bragging about destroying new Players is being humble in victory (quite the opposite) and is nothing spectacular to admit either. It would be like bragging about how I destroyed those 1st Graders at Dodge Ball, sending them home with red-welted faces and crying. Of course, I'm even more embarrassed for potent Rank Killers who Smurf with their SWF so they can pull Killers far below their own Rank. Some people just don't have any self respect.

    Humble in victory, and gracious in defeat. That is how people should be.

  • i think that depends on the rank the killer had.

    if it was a high rank(ish - id say somewhere around green to purple) killer, yeah you are making a very good point and them bragging about stomping baby survivors is definitely quite unsportsmanlike.

    if the killers rank matched the survivors however, they themselves are probaply not that experienced and just had a very good game, which they felt good about and wanted to share (probaply even one of their first good games - havent seen the post / user, thats just an assumption). talking that down would imho definitely be quite rude.

  • @Malakin_Dshebudah said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745866#Comment_1745866

    Obviously something you don't have the slightest idea about.

    How old are you if i may ask?

    You have specified in ur post multi times that it was a girl who wrote that. You got played and now ur head is all fuzzy and you ask people for help if u were in the wrong or not. Grow some ballz.

    Lol this has nothing to do with her gender but you can ######### off with this hostility.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    i think that depends on the rank the killer had.

    if it was a high rank(ish - id say somewhere around green to purple) killer, yeah you are making a very good point and them bragging about stomping baby survivors is definitely quite unsportsmanlike.

    if the killers rank matched the survivors however, they themselves are probaply not that experienced and just had a very good game, which they felt good about and wanted to share (probaply even one of their first good games - havent seen the post / user, thats just an assumption). talking that down would imho definitely be quite rude.

    Despite the rank, I feel like going on a dbd group and bragging about destroying baby survivors is very unsportsmanlike. For me personally it's more a matter of just not being a jerk about winning lol.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746123#Comment_1746123

    Despite the rank, I feel like going on a dbd group and bragging about destroying baby survivors is very unsportsmanlike. For me personally it's more a matter of just not being a jerk about winning lol.

    but what if he was just new and got excited?

    sharing good games doesnt mean one was trying to be a jerk over it, maybe he just had a good time and wanted to let others know?


    now, i havent seen the post, idk what they said and idk anything about them as a player, but i generally dont think sharing a good game has to be a bad thing.

    and if he was a baby killer himself, then stomping baby survivors for him has to be the same achievement as for us experienced players stomping people of our skill level / rank.


    again, its hard to say without knowing the post and player behind it.

    its possible that they were trying to be a jerk and you did the right thing; and its possible that they were not and you were a little over the top.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746155#Comment_1746155

    but what if he was just new and got excited?

    sharing good games doesnt mean one was trying to be a jerk over it, maybe he just had a good time and wanted to let others know?

    now, i havent seen the post, idk what they said and idk anything about them as a player, but i generally dont think sharing a good game has to be a bad thing.

    and if he was a baby killer himself, then stomping baby survivors for him has to be the same achievement as for us experienced players stomping people of our skill level / rank.

    again, its hard to say without knowing the post and player behind it.

    its possible that they were trying to be a jerk and you did the right thing; and its possible that they were not and you were a little over the top.

    It's all about the wording. He could have easily made it sound like he was just happy with the 4k but he sounded very condescending. If his intentions weren't to brag and sound like hes amazing at the game then he did a poor job wording it, that's all.

  • Honestly? I think he's a reverse bosster. Sounds just like the kind of guy to do such a thing

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746013#Comment_1746013

    Lol this has nothing to do with her gender but you can ######### off with this hostility.

    Most likely just a troll, don't give them the satisfaction

  • I don't think you're rude at all but it sounds like you're talking to someone who's really insecure about playing killer well and just struck a nerve with them. They went a little overboard with their retaliation but people need to realize the difference between celebrating an earned victory and just bragging too much.