unpopular opinion about a survivor perk
BOND is godlike for soloQ.
you get a lot of informations, especially when you can run a killer for a long time to not disturb people on gens. i love it. there are better perks but i love that perk.
BOND is godlike for soloQ.
you get a lot of informations, especially when you can run a killer for a long time to not disturb people on gens. i love it. there are better perks but i love that perk.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
oh.. i forgot to mention, you can also see all the urbaning survivors :p
Another unpopular opinion about a great solo perk is Windows of Opportunuity. Knowing which pallets have and haven't been used is amazing as a solo survivor.
Bond is also a great survivor perk for solo as you mentioned, although I much prefer Windows.
Bond IS good for Solo but Kindred exists as a non-teachable and typically gives better information so...
2nd Place isn't bad.
The problem is the competition with the overpowered killer perk meta. If you aren't using the very best survivor perks then you are at a greater disadvantage than you already are.
yeah i agree with that but its still usefull in some situations.
yeah kindred is also godlike but works only when someone is hooked otherwise it would be crazy strong.
Funnily enough, the strongest survivor perks are still more powerful than the best killer perks.
You don't need the very best survivor perks to even win or perform decently, whereas the killer does.
Everyone knows this 😆
i would rather run kindred as it increases coordination and makes it more likely that you will be saved.
not really all you need is an exhaustion perk and DS and you can run whatever else you want
last longer in a chase and hinder tunneling that's enough for a team to win with, heals can just come from your teamates.
Survivors don't have the luxury of using perks to hinder killers. In a game of cat and mouse, if the cat is always being told where to find the mouse, then the cat will have a huge advantage no matter what the mouse uses. If the cat loses without those perks then it is fair to say they deserve to lose and the perks were carrying them.
By a staggering coincidence, I was just discussing the uktimate solo Q support build. I call it the Tactical Officer:
Bond
Kindred
Windows of Opportunity
Open Handed.
The aura reading buffs you get from Open Handed are completely underrated. Open-handed + Kindred lets you see the killer's aura within 12 meters of a hooked survivor, which is busted. And with Bond you can see yhe auras of survivors on the moon.
That is exactly why I've stopped running it. Makes me angry if I see one person hiding all the time, not doing anything... . It is even worse when everyone dies and that antimate (german term for players that are selfish or even show behavior that is intentionally harmful for the team) gets the hatch from the killer player -.-
Apart from that I think it's a good perk.
Bond and Kindred are great for soloq. Also someone else said Windows of Opportunity is great which I agree. Thats why a build a run a lot is Bond, Kindred, Windows, Open Handed
Is that opinion unpopular? I feel like that's just something taken for granted - the only ones I have ever seen argue against that are the second-chance crutchers that genuinely cannot make do with 3 second chance perks and REQUIRE all 4 slots to cover for their mistakes.
Like, seriously. 3 is plenty. One perk slot to drastically increase your knowledge of what's going on around you? That's so much more useful than yet another second chance. It is actually more meta to run DS/UB/DH/[Bond or Kindred] in solo que than it is to run Adrenaline or BT or whatever.
Agreed, along with kindred you have all the information you need.
I think you're gonna see perks like We're gonna live forever & soul guard into the meta and cause survivors to play more aggressive. Some killers are gonna take advantage of it, some might not
Actually, survivors have the luxury of being able to equip multiple second-chance perks, particularly DS/UB which grants a full minute of invulnerability.
There is no equivalent killer perk that gives that much value.
Well.. there was a discussion a few months ago where someone listed all usefull/useless perks of survivor making something like a tier list and there were a lot people disliking Bond. i barely see that perk on survivors
also... can you blame people for using second chance perks? if you really wanna have fun you need atleast 1 second chance perk.
most killers hard tunnel, camp etc and if you dont wanna deal with that you need these perks. the only time i blame survivors for using that is when they're very good but also play on comms. because these people dont really need it. i play sometimes with my mates (and they're all potatoes) they dont run meta perks and when there is no obsession they just get hard tunneled what is very sad. so when i play with them i always pick DS just to have one obsession and the killer maybe respect DS.
sucks for the killer but some killers really deserve to play against meta survivor perks.
Bond is great for solo especially if you aren't using self-care and using Leader for faster heals from teammates. Or prove thyself.
Problem is I think the new Kindred is probably the best solo perk and 2 aura reading perks feels like overkill.
Bond is a great solo perk, though the reason why I run it is so that when I'm getting chased I don't lead the killer to teammates that are on gens because when I do that it makes me feel bad when the killer leaves me to try to get an easier target!
Nah, the problem is that you can create SWF group and get all these perks for free.
Those perks are directly dependent on how the killer plays so survivor may sometimes never get value from them. Killer meta perks constantly reward them for doing their objective and constantly punish survivors for doing theirs(BBQ/POP) or for survivor doing the objective and killer is doing nothing(Tinkerer). There's nothing close to the unfairness of tinkerer or undying.
empathy gang is superior
You lost me at "most killers hardcore camp and tunnel." No they dont, that is a provably false assumption. I literally never run second chance perks and I have never needed to.
I'd put Kindred ahead of Bond... but that's just me
Bond + Open Handed is even more godly.
It’s hands down one of the best information combos in the game because it’s always consistent. I’ve once had the joy of another survivor running open handed as well meaning I could see everyone over 52m.
I use this same load out quite often. WoO is often very understated. It’s hardly a beginner perk at all. Knowing exactly where it’s safe to run, and where dead zones are is invaluable.
Sometimes i’ll swap Kindred with either Visionary or Vigil.
Visionary because as experienced as I am, getting a map like Midwich, Lery’s, or Hawkins, when being down to the last 3 gens sometimes they can be a total pain to find.
Vigil because as rare as it is for a killer to use Blindness add ons, when I DO come across it, it’s very incapacitating when my whole load out is aura reading. Bonus if team mates nearby with exhaustion perks get helped by Vigil too.