Why I never open the exit gate if the killer drops me next to it

Almost every single time I watch the last survivor in the game and the killer does this, they either A) pull them off the gate, B) down them right before it opens or C) down them right after it opens. The killer then hooks or moris the survivor. Sometimes they go so far as to let them crawl until just before they can escape before hooking or killing them.

Yes there are occasions when the killer is genuinely being friendly but they're so rare that I gave up long ago. I don't struggle, recover, try to open the gate, or move. I'm not giving anyone the satisfaction of pulling one over on me and the potential reward is 5k bloodpoints.. I'll pass.

If they drop me ON TOP OF the hatch of course I'll take it. No way I'm crawling to it though 😅

Keep your blood points, Entity, you're not getting an ounce of hope from me!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Huh pretty weird. Most of the time the killer will let me go. If I know they aren’t I go for the open anyway as its more bp for me and I don’t blame killers who do that. When I do that as killer it’s just me letting the survivor get as many bp as possible. Some killers can be jerks but some-most are either actually going to let you go or are giving you the opportunity to gain some bp.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728541#Comment_1728541

    You said most which is generalizing the killer player base negatively.

    I'll take a very easy bet that it's the exact opposite in reality and your only remembering the bad times due to negativity bias in your memories.

    This Thread is just an Us VS Them thread meant to insult killer players.

    That's actually the opposite of what he's doing, generalising is when you make the assumption that because one person does something, that other people are going to do it too.

    The OP said 'most' implying there are some killers who are friendly and want you to escape. So no, that's not having any effect on the killer player base.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Almost every single time I watch the last survivor in the game and the killer does this, they either A) pull them off the gate, B) down them right before it opens or C) down them right after it opens. The killer then hooks or moris the survivor. Sometimes they go so far as to let them crawl until just before they can escape before hooking or killing them.

    Yes there are occasions when the killer is genuinely being friendly but they're so rare that I gave up long ago. I don't struggle, recover, try to open the gate, or move. I'm not giving anyone the satisfaction of pulling one over on me and the potential reward is 5k bloodpoints.. I'll pass.

    If they drop me ON TOP OF the hatch of course I'll take it. No way I'm crawling to it though 😅

    Keep your blood points, Entity, you're not getting an ounce of hope from me!

    Most of the time, the killer is just being friendly tbh.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728590#Comment_1728590

    That's actually the opposite of what he's doing, generalising is when you make the assumption that because one person does something, that other people are going to do it too.

    The OP said 'most' implying there are some killers who are friendly and want you to escape. So no, that's not having any effect on the killer player base.

    Thanks! I also went on to explain further in another comment that most killers simply finish the game, so this is a rare occurrence. But, when it does occur, most of the time it's a trap. But not all the time :)

  • I'm happy that's been your experience in the fog.

  • I usually let them open it without downing.

  • I kinda agree with this one I do it to the ######### heads who clicky click and tea bag but if they were good sports why wouldn't i give them hatch or door? If not and i just want more BP I'll just kill them.

  • @carnage4u said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1729395#Comment_1729395

    When you get toxic survivors you create toxic killers. With toxic killers you then create toxic survivors. It is a really fun never ending loop.

    This. This is how it all boils down. You have decide to not be toxic and then stick to that regardless of how bad the others get (either side) no "revenge", no "just that player" or you become just another jerk.

    I play both sides so sympathy to both.

    OP- totally valid in your decision to not participate in the BS, shame on the killers for being jerks, i resent that from both killer and survivor perspective cause no reason to be playing with someone like that, "extra bp" is a ######### excuse for feeling big from faking friendly. And faking the friendly does nothing but lead to paranoid survivors and makes it hard to farm or play nice for those of us who do!

    Kudos to the killers here who have decent charade skills to communicate with survivors and survivors who don't panic at the first hint of a heartbeat or figure out that they aren't being chased.

  • If it was a good match and I didn't get abused or mocked as the killer I let them go if they're the last survivor.

    But if I'm working on an adept achievement you're hooked ASAP.

    I'm not sadistic enough to do what you mention lmao though I know some are.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    I don't see the point in "playing with my food" or "giving them a little hope" before just killing them anyway. If you are going to kill a Survivor, just do it. If you are going to let them go, just do it. I generally don't decide if I'm going to be generous or not until the moment arrives. The deciding factors are:

    1. Will this generosity cause me to lose a Pip (either drop one or not gain one I would have otherwise).
    2. Did this Survivor fight the good fight, hard as hell as best they could all through the match that I saw?
    3. Am i in a mood?

    That's it, the whole enchilada. I'm far more likely to give the hatch or gate to someone who hit me with pallets and made me work hard for it. I'm less likely to give the hatch/gate to someone I know did very little in the match for their team. I'm not going to do anything for someone who went out of their way to tea-bag me or some other nonsense. We reap what we have sown. But I'm never going to tease and try to screw with the PLAYER at the gate/hatch. That just doesn't have any class.

    Because its fun (at least for me) to give them that little sparkle of hope, watch them being so happy that they are gonna get that escape, then after they come back to me for the "goodbye", i kill them. The end-game messages are hilarious after that.

    On another note, i do this only if i have a challange to complete. If there's no reason for me to kill you, i'll let you escape. If i really need that kill, i am gonna give you some bps and then kill you. You don't want the extra bp? Fine, i will just hook you, i tried to give you some.

  • As killer I always let one go but when I'm going against a toxic swf I'm definitely gonna be toxic back but when we have a fair game I'll let on go and even moonwalk away just so they know I'm not a a**hole but other than that as survivor I'm always like maybe the killer is nice I open the gate and right as I got he knocks me down,there is this one game my syptic saved me,since I sensed treachery as I opened it I popped that real quick and dead harded out and killer said your actually trash, your toxic,your so bad that I had to let you escape. I'm just gonna say If your a killer and there is one survivor remaining just hook them but if your nice like me then let them go but it's up to you.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Almost every single time I watch the last survivor in the game and the killer does this, they either A) pull them off the gate, B) down them right before it opens or C) down them right after it opens. The killer then hooks or moris the survivor. Sometimes they go so far as to let them crawl until just before they can escape before hooking or killing them.

    Yes there are occasions when the killer is genuinely being friendly but they're so rare that I gave up long ago. I don't struggle, recover, try to open the gate, or move. I'm not giving anyone the satisfaction of pulling one over on me and the potential reward is 5k bloodpoints.. I'll pass.

    If they drop me ON TOP OF the hatch of course I'll take it. No way I'm crawling to it though 😅

    Keep your blood points, Entity, you're not getting an ounce of hope from me!

    I only drop people before hatch so I gave enough time to get a bit more frenzy points, because I main legion.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Almost every single time I watch the last survivor in the game and the killer does this, they either A) pull them off the gate, B) down them right before it opens or C) down them right after it opens. The killer then hooks or moris the survivor. Sometimes they go so far as to let them crawl until just before they can escape before hooking or killing them.

    Yes there are occasions when the killer is genuinely being friendly but they're so rare that I gave up long ago. I don't struggle, recover, try to open the gate, or move. I'm not giving anyone the satisfaction of pulling one over on me and the potential reward is 5k bloodpoints.. I'll pass.

    If they drop me ON TOP OF the hatch of course I'll take it. No way I'm crawling to it though 😅

    Keep your blood points, Entity, you're not getting an ounce of hope from me!

    If I notice that one survivor does better than the rest by a large margin, then I'll let them go. They deserve they win

  • @Moundshroud said:

    You do you, but I'm sure the vast majority of Killers dropping you at the gate are doing it to be nice. They closed the hatch for the points but still decided to let you leave. I suppose there are a sickos out there that would do what you describe but it has not been my experience. When I take someone to the gate, and wait for them to wiggle out it is so they can then open the door and leave.

    Are you console or PC? No salt here, genuine question. I can't remember the last time a killer let me go. How often do they drop me near the hatch just to close it and then mori me? Fairly often. I'm with OP - I don't even bother anymore. It's not fooling me, and I'd rather just get on to the next game already.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728484#Comment_1728484

    Are you console or PC? No salt here, genuine question. I can't remember the last time a killer let me go. How often do they drop me near the hatch just to close it and then mori me? Fairly often. I'm with OP - I don't even bother anymore. It's not fooling me, and I'd rather just get on to the next game already.

    I'm a PC Player. I feel bad for you, but my experiences have been the opposite. I've never had anyone do that to me... yet. It seems a weird, twisted sort of thing to do on the "Player" side. It is something outside the game, some sick puppy trying to get sadistic jollies. I don't see any point in doing something for those reasons. If I let someone go, I let them go. If I'm going to kill them, I kill them.

  • @AshySlashy3 said:

    I can understand his hesitation. I was the last unhooked survivor against a Billy. He left me on the ground, and waited until the third died, then picked me up. He carried me for at least 30 seconds, and I think he’s looking for the hatch.

    Then he carries me inside the shack with the basement and I go, ah, ok. He’s putting me on the “special hook.” But after walking in there he carries me back out.

    Since I have Bill’s perk I know we’re in the area of the hatch. Sure enough, I see it. He drops me on the ground, closes the hatch, then picks me up and hooks me.

    I have been in multiple matches where the killer carries me to the hatch, just to close it in my face and hook me. I give credit to the sporting killers, but in my experience, 95 percent of them are jerks.

    @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728484#Comment_1728484

    Are you console or PC? No salt here, genuine question. I can't remember the last time a killer let me go. How often do they drop me near the hatch just to close it and then mori me? Fairly often. I'm with OP - I don't even bother anymore. It's not fooling me, and I'd rather just get on to the next game already.

    Thank you both and for a few others for chiming in. Some people are acting like I'm making it up. I don't even get mad about it anymore, I just want the game to end so I can hopefully do better in the next one :)

  • @LordGlint said:

    I do it sometimes, but really just to let em have some extra BPs before they get hooked. Its kinda like survivors who let the killer get some extra hits in before they leave out the exit gate with the only difference being nobody is having to cross the map to end the game.

    Letting a survivor work towards objective only with intent to kill them is Dbd bm in the highest form. It is nothing like the hits at the end survivors give to killer. To say they are even remotely the same is cementing this misconception that what you're doing is friendly in any way.

  • Honestly it's only ever happened to me personally one time ever. Maybe it's a rank or platform difference (I'm rank 6 on ps4) but I've only been cheated like that once.

  • I'm gonna be completely honest about this, I'm already about to shoot myself in the foot.

    I do both..

    I only really do the more toxic ***holish disrespect when a survivor does that to me, which can happen a lot. Especially in red ranks, smurf accounts, sfw, etc. You get the picture.

    In no way is that an excuse, sometimes I have a bad day and just BM on a meta base Nea by taunting her before I use a mori, hook, or my personal favorite the End Game Collapse.

    I don't feel good admitting to it, but I gotta be honest. Reason why I say this is just incase you are a ps4 user and I did it to you out of pure anger. You might have not been running Meta, but someone was earlier and I just took it out on you. I am sorry if that's you.

    What I usually do is let the last survivor escape while I wave them off (swinging at the air.) Hatch or Gate, whatever works. But, what I try to do that takes WAYY to much effort is to look for the hatch while chasing the survivor, down them, let them open the gate, down them again, and then carry them all the way to the hatch. More bloodpoints for them.

  • I only act like a jerk at the exit gate if they teabag or something. Had one that was so busy teabagging next to the exit that they somehow didn't notice my Billy charge them, down them, and pick them up. Literally one step from victory, but too busy teabagging to actually win. So they got what they deserved: A hook and a loss. That match was magical. 0k, 5 gens popped, two gates opened, 4k anyways. No NoED. I dream of matches like that.

  • Because that cruelty is outside of the game. It isn't aimed at earning points, advancement, or an emblem. It is an action specifically designed for you to screw with the PLAYER. People who indulge in that sort of thing are simply ill.

  • Most killers are nice to me.

    Recently i went against a myers who was t3 wanting my to go to an unhook and nodding furiously. I trusted him and well he let me go. IDK unless the killer tunnels or some crap ill trust them, usually works out. They could also be doing a rift challenge which in that case just give it to them so less players in the future have to deal with that crap

  • Ok i let them open the gate then i stab them in the back........ but i just deep wound them not down them i need my frenzzy points...

  • @whammigobambam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728486#Comment_1728486

    Letting a survivor work towards objective only with intent to kill them is Dbd bm in the highest form. It is nothing like the hits at the end survivors give to killer. To say they are even remotely the same is cementing this misconception that what you're doing is friendly in any way.

    I used to do it to allow a survivor whose team has been destroyed to get extra points before I get my last hook in, but I stopped. It seems shady. Like I was taking advantage of their good will

  • @carnage4u said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1729395#Comment_1729395

    When you get toxic survivors you create toxic killers. With toxic killers you then create toxic survivors. It is a really fun never ending loop.

    Don't. That person's a hardcore bad faith actor, they're trying to get a rise out of people.

  • Idk ab you but if i decide to let a survivor leave i usually do.

  • @carnage4u said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1729395#Comment_1729395

    When you get toxic survivors you create toxic killers. With toxic killers you then create toxic survivors. It is a really fun never ending loop.

    HAHAHAHAHAHA

    As in the survivors started it, like somehow its automatically that way and not just the nature of the game.

    You even got a couple upvotes for that low hanging fruit.

    The echo room of this forum never manages to surprise me.

  • @MikaKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1729995#Comment_1729995

    HAHAHAHAHAHA

    As in the survivors started it, like somehow its automatically that way and not just the nature of the game.

    You even got a couple upvotes for that low hanging fruit.

    The echo room of this forum never manages to surprise me.

    I wasn't trying to imply the survivors started it. Just that is is never ending loop, Which it is. That comment did rile a couple of you up for hitting a little to close to home it seems. Toxic attitude causes more toxic attitude. it is a very simple and truthful reality. I wasn't trolling or trying to be profound. It is a core problem with online communities and for some reason this game more then others.

  • @MikaKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1729995#Comment_1729995

    HAHAHAHAHAHA

    As in the survivors started it, like somehow its automatically that way and not just the nature of the game.

    You even got a couple upvotes for that low hanging fruit.

    The echo room of this forum never manages to surprise me.

    I wasn't trying to imply this was something started by survivors, just that it is an endless loop. I wasn't trying to be profound. Some of you were riled up by that comment, which is interesting.

    The simply truth is toxic behavior spreads and gets the other side to often respond in similar toxic ways. this is not a revolutionary statement.

    Online gaming communities always suffer by this, and this games community really takes it up a notch.

  • @whammigobambam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728486#Comment_1728486

    Letting a survivor work towards objective only with intent to kill them is Dbd bm in the highest form. It is nothing like the hits at the end survivors give to killer. To say they are even remotely the same is cementing this misconception that what you're doing is friendly in any way.

    How is it any different? One is letting your opponite get points without GIVING a sacrafice while the other is giving points without giving an escape. Those 2 things are very much comparable.

  • @carnage4u said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1734037#Comment_1734037

    I wasn't trying to imply this was something started by survivors, just that it is an endless loop. I wasn't trying to be profound. Some of you were riled up by that comment, which is interesting.

    The simply truth is toxic behavior spreads and gets the other side to often respond in similar toxic ways. this is not a revolutionary statement.

    Online gaming communities always suffer by this, and this games community really takes it up a notch.

    So you stated the obvious not once but twice.

1 2 ›