Jason has been confirmed

Apparently Jason is part of DBD!

Dead by Daylight has become something of a horror game celebration with the inclusion of Freddy Krueger and Mike Myers, but why stop there?

It's not like game journalists are ever wrong and always do their research right...?

"With Freddy, Jason and Mike Myers under their belt, the devs have captured the classics."

So, Jason must be the next chapter...right...right?

Comments

  • @SirCracken said:

    Did you not know? He was added in just after Springtrap and Chucky.

    I'd actually be down for Springtrap as a killer, ngl.

  • yea... I don't think Pennywise is getting into dbd anytime soon.

    Is it because the lore wouldn't fit? No, they literally just have a bland description for demogorgon (I love demogorgon, just shitting on the bio)

    It's because in an AMA awhile back (shortly before Oni's release) someone asked Mccote (or some other dev) about other potential licensed killers. And he responded by saying that they contacted Stephen King, but he never responded back.

    I'd also like to point out that Stephen King is known to be very closed about his books being turned into other sorts of media. If I recall he didn't even like the idea of a modern IT movie.

  • Jason, Xenomorph, Predator, Pinhead, and Pennywise are my dream roster additions.


    Fall of 2021 edit: One down, 4 to go!

  • @peachlover726 said:

    They cannot get Jason as his rights are still being disputed in a long legal battle. Therefore stuff that includes F13 licensing purposes are not going out due to this. So Jason most likely won’t be coming soon if at all. I believe it hasn’t been settled yet due to covid and how long legal battles are.

    Perhaps try reading the thread before commenting, did you even read the article at the beginning of this thread! Or spouting off the usual Jason legal battle stuff for the 100th time. I know, everyone knows. Read the thread before posting dude

  • Im hoping for Resident Evil tho :D

  • Maybe Jason is stalking the trapper and waiting for the right moment to pounce. He'll first leave a note "you stole my look" trapper can come and be a survivor and still able to use his power as one ☺️

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    Apparently Jason is part of DBD!

    https://www.cbr.com/dead-by-daylight-slasher-icons-dlc/

    It's not like game journalists are ever wrong and always do their research right...?

    "With Freddy, Jason and Mike Myers under their belt, the devs have captured the classics."

    So, Jason must be the next chapter...right...right?

    Na dude

  • @CountVampyr said:

    I wouldn’t mind seeing the Fisherman from I Know What You Did Last Summer or at least a killer modeled along those lines. A nautical themed map would be different.

    I am all for this! Like maybe you can go on a boat that's gently rocking?

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    Apparently Jason is part of DBD!

    https://www.cbr.com/dead-by-daylight-slasher-icons-dlc/

    It's not like game journalists are ever wrong and always do their research right...?

    "With Freddy, Jason and Mike Myers under their belt, the devs have captured the classics."

    So, Jason must be the next chapter...right...right?

    110222f016f6109340a7552edfd889e8.jpg


  • @Zarr0ch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722720#Comment_1722720

    How would you work the lore on how the entity got Pennywise?

    (Stephen King Lore-wise. Pennywise is ridiculously powerful, the movies,to be honest severely underpower him

    As far as i know, once was beaten by kids and beaten twice

    The other one still rules over his world as a supreme god like


    Plus the entity doesnt want to have all the killers in his control (pretty sure it doesnt control myers or PH bjt rather made a double win deal), but just that they do their job...kill...the hope of survivors so that it can feed itself, so if one feeds over flesh/scare/emotions or what ever, i dont see the entity saying no to having him around, just...dont try anything messy or youll end up like you know, traper

  • Jason has not been confirmed, it will not be confirmed until the lawsuit is resolved, perhaps in some chapter 23 or 25 it would come out or for the fifth anniversary, also the game on Friday the 13th will update with a last patch which would close the future of the game, therefore friday the 13th the game is dead

  • @Jarol said:

    Jason has not been confirmed, it will not be confirmed until the lawsuit is resolved, perhaps in some chapter 23 or 25 it would come out or for the fifth anniversary, also the game on Friday the 13th will update with a last patch which would close the future of the game, therefore friday the 13th the game is dead

    Its a joke post, they're making fun of an article that claimed Jason was in the game when he wasn't.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1726201#Comment_1726201

    Its a joke post, they're making fun of an article that claimed Jason was in the game when he wasn't.

    ah ok, whoever wrote the article I don't know what smoked but that jason was a trapper

  • Jason at his point is really a big Meh!, too many similar killers, we need something like penny wise, jeeper creepers or even chucky, alien could be very interesting or predator, there are many good options more than Jason.

  • no ######### sherlock. Did you bother to read any of this thread? Or at least the first post? OMG

  • Is your name Zar'roc, Morzans sword, but spelled differently?

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722700#Comment_1722700

    Pennywise...while it would be cool...I think he might be a little to powerful for the enitity to control, but who knows, Lore can fix that I guess.

    Chucky. I always thought he could work, you would have Chucky walking around as the doll, BUT his human self would appear as a partly see through ghost that makese his "height" appear similar to other killers so you can still see him over things. He would have to drag surv's instead of picking them up, and the entity would have to lower the hook for hooking, then raise it up again (think hook on a rope, the main structure doesnt move). Well...that the only way I could see him working.

    I actually thought that he could be seen as the killer that is inside of him and as his power he turns into the doll and runs slightly faster similar to legions power

  • I was thinking of them adding in Tiffany or Nica with Chucky possessed in her body. The survivor could be of course Andy. Maybe Chucky can possess different bodies after stalking them or something like that, he can be in the body for about 30 seconds before he is forced out or you have to recite a certain voodoo spell to get Chucky out. With Tiffany she could have her iconic nail file, her mori consists of her slicing the survivor's throat open and licking the blood. Maybe her power is something like Sonya Blades's kiss of death as in she blows the survivor a kiss and it weakens them and has them dizzy or something for like 30 seconds. Tiffany could also have a mori where she smashes someone's face in with her heel.


    I have a lot of ideas for them and they don't always have to be in their doll form.

  • @britneyspears2020 said:

    Jason at his point is really a big Meh!, too many similar killers, we need something like penny wise, jeeper creepers or even chucky, alien could be very interesting or predator, there are many good options more than Jason.

    Uhm, you're talking about JASON VOORHEES. How can you call him 'meh'.

    He's arguably the most famous brutal slasher ever! Even DBD acknowledged him by making the Trapper their own version Jason.

  • That's highly unlikely because Jason has his own game even tho they're shutting down their dedicated servers. So no he will not ge apart of DbD

  • @PsychoticNarwhal said:

    That's highly unlikely because Jason has his own game even tho they're shutting down their dedicated servers. So no he will not ge apart of DbD

    Read the thread before commenting please. You comment makes no sense whatsoever based what this thread is actually about.

  • I guess this means Friday the 13th is officially Dead

  • I swear they said it wasn't a licensed character.

  • @DeadAtlas said:

    I guess this means Friday the 13th is officially Dead

    if he is dead, unfortunately I bought it at a discount

  • @Jarol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1726901#Comment_1726901

    if he is dead, unfortunately I bought it at a discount

    Maybe they will give you a mask

  • @DeadAtlas said:

    I guess this means Friday the 13th is officially Dead

    I will linger for awhile I think, but the death throws are coming,

  • @Xbob42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722700#Comment_1722700

    I disagree about the Chucky part. I think that could make him unique and fun, instead of being a normal-sized human walking towards you normally. They even shrunk Demogorgon down to fit. Boring.

    In exchange for being hard to locate, Chucky could have to climb up a person to actually start damaging them, maybe survivors could get him off by vaulting, and maybe a pallet stun could kill him dead.

    OH MY GOD I ALMOST GUESSED HALF THE NEW KILLER

  • Well, this didn't age well at all.

1 2 ›