Deathslinger Balance

After posting a discussion about ehy people hate Deathslinger I got many similar answer.

Answers:

-He has instant ADS that allows you get shots with almost no counterplay if your good.

-A good deathslinger will hit you then reel you back in to down you.

-He has no map pressure.

Now let's see if I can fix these.

Fixes:

To fix the first issue.

-Entering ADS takes .75 seconds and a non-directional noise is played.

This creates a noise that tells the survivor its time to dodge the gun the .75 is meant to help them vault the window or pallet before they get shoot or allow them to dodge.

To fix the second issue.

-Once hit The Redeemer enters a bloody state, which increases the time to enter ADS by .25 seconds.

I hope this fixes the problem that the distance you get out of your boost won't matter.

To fix the third issue.

- Increase his movement speed to 115%.

-After each hit generators he has damaged will explode if someone is on them.

The first buff just helps him get around. The second one is meant to reward him for kicking generators and hitting survivors. Which I think is highly skilled based to both sides. He must kick a gen and hit someone, and it can be avoided if you don't work on the generator.

Comments

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721595#Comment_1721595

    The parts I didn't like we're the generator effects, and the increased ADS after hitting. It becomes Nurse syndrome: Making a killer harder to play doesn't remove the core issue.

    With these changes, Slinger would play more like an m1 killer, which would be good for overall balance, but the new play would become STBFL Redeemer-into-m1, which is already an extremely strong play but is currently as a 110 killer. This nullifies the effect of the increased ADS after hitting, and practically becomes a ranged instadown. Plus, Slinger doesn't kick gens that much, so it might be overkill to give him that ability as well.

    Edit: I should clarify, the increased post-hit ADS would force that to be the only play, which while difficult is still strong

    Yeah, no matter how hard nurse is nerfed her power is still there. Well maybe I didn't think this through enough! But that won't stop me I'm tackling Legion next with a rework! Lets see how this on flops!

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721605#Comment_1721605

    the counterplay for deathslinger is stealth. I know a lot of people absolutely loathe the idea of having a killer that they can't loop endlessly, but his counterplay is in his backstory. He's been a bounty hunter, so the best his bounty (the survivors in this) can do is lay low, hide and get everything they need to do to get their behinds out of there safely without him catching on.

    And I agree, taking away the semi-insta shoots would break him. Some people have advocated to give him as much a delay as huntress, which would make the entire ability of the redeemer useless, cause people would be out of range before he can shoot.

    Honestly: I maintain the opinion that people are simply calling for tweaks and nerfs on him cause they refuse to change their gameplay from 'engage in endless looping while the others do gens' that they try to apply to every killer, regardless of abilities.

    True, most survivors want to be able to loop forever. So maybe this was pointless, but after all if a killer or perk ain't fun then I say it needs to be adjusted this game should be fun.

  • @voorheesgt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721594#Comment_1721594

    Not at the cost of trying to make a unique and FUN to play killer just like every other killer. Instant ads accuracy takes skill and is still easily missed in even the most skilled hands. Giving it a nearly 1 second time along with a sound cue would make it useless. I don't want anymore useless powers on 115 killers. It's un-fun. Just run line of sight blockers as often as possible. Why? Because instant shots aren't instant. The killer has to predict your movement and take time to match it while lining up his ads IN HIS HEAD to hit you reliably. Running line of site blockers for even a second makes him have to restart this calculation. Many Survivors keep me from even risking a shot just by going from tree to tree as long as they're not easily predictable.

    You pose this as a "give and take" but it's just a way to make him more like the killers you already know how to outplay.

    Rather than try to form a game to your skills under the "fun" guise. Learn his counterplay. Hell, if this thread was asking for counterplay advice us slinger mains would give you a plethora of ways we're foiled.

    So no thanks. I'm good at 110 and unique and unique fun gameplay. I've got enough generic 115 to pick from for mindless looping.

    Im sorry! I was on the forums and it seemed like people hated going against him, so I asked why received why answer and made this! Im not trying to make him infinitely loopable! It's quite annoying that the forums immediately bounce everything back to survivors just wanting to indefinitely loop, no wonder this communtity is so toxic. No one trusts each other or has any sort of faith.

    I'm sorry if this was stupid or absolute mess, if I may ask what is some counterplay against Deathslinger? This would have been a good step towards making this rebalance!

    Again sorry!

  • @OctaviusK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721616#Comment_1721616

    Im sorry! I was on the forums and it seemed like people hated going against him, so I asked why received why answer and made this! Im not trying to make him infinitely loopable! It's quite annoying that the forums immediately bounce everything back to survivors just wanting to indefinitely loop, no wonder this communtity is so toxic. No one trusts each other or has any sort of faith.

    I'm sorry if this was stupid or absolute mess, if I may ask what is some counterplay against Deathslinger? This would have been a good step towards making this rebalance!

    Again sorry!

    I'm sorry as well. I was very brash and thought your intentions were like others I'd seen. You'll never please everybody because two sides are so very polarized.

    I am sorry for the way I went about addressing you. Genuinely sorry.

  • @OctaviusK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721616#Comment_1721616

    Im sorry! I was on the forums and it seemed like people hated going against him, so I asked why received why answer and made this! Im not trying to make him infinitely loopable! It's quite annoying that the forums immediately bounce everything back to survivors just wanting to indefinitely loop, no wonder this communtity is so toxic. No one trusts each other or has any sort of faith.

    I'm sorry if this was stupid or absolute mess, if I may ask what is some counterplay against Deathslinger? This would have been a good step towards making this rebalance!

    Again sorry!

    Apologies from me too.

    However the most vocal hate Deathslinger is getting always centers around how he is 'boring and unfun to face, because he cannot be engaged in chases and cuts them and looping short' and how he thus 'has no counterplay because he's is so overpowered in chases because he can instashoot and there is nothing to avoid that and you can only hope he misses'. And usually when people name stealth as counterplay, the same voices declare that 'but chases are the very core of the game and the most fun and thus deathslinger should be removed because...' etc

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Few issues with this:

    1. His instant ADS is the only thing he has against good survivors. Making it not instant pretty much kills him unless you are willing to make his movement speed while ADS about 105 to 110%
    2. Idk why you would want to be able to W game against him, that's just boring gameplay from both sides.
    3. Good buff Idea, but right now he really shouldn't be changed. He doesn't need a buff or nerf.

    I mean, this is one of the better suggestions for him, but if he isn't broke, don't fix him. And right now he ain't broken.

    This guy joins about 15 threads a week defending deathslinger every single time he's brought up. Clear bias for his favorite killer is obvious.

  • @GrimmReaper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720910#Comment_1720910

    That and the whole point is to break the chain. Why does everybody forget about breaking the chain? Lol

    Yeah I mentioned the chain in a different post, just slipped through on this one.

  • @OctaviusK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720910#Comment_1720910

    The counterplay you mentioned is a bit weird in my perspective.

    You can't dodge the shoots directly, moving in a odd path is just letting him catch up stopping it lets him shoot.

    You think it's weird to try and put line of sight blockers between you and Deathslinger?

  • I do regularly on console

    dunno too much of him on pc

  • Slinger is perfectly fine. He shoots you, or doesn't shoot you. Just because he chases different, doesn't mean it's OP. Adapt to a chase.

    He's really bad against good teams anyways. Mid-Tier killer at best.

  • I'm ps4... He's my main. I don't understand how anybody who actually uses him would trade his ads timing for 115 speed.

  • It needs to be instant so he can snipe tbaggers at the exit gate. I can, like most people, 4k as freddy but like deathslinger is so much cooler and more fun to play.

  • @OctaviusK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721616#Comment_1721616

    Im sorry! I was on the forums and it seemed like people hated going against him, so I asked why received why answer and made this! Im not trying to make him infinitely loopable! It's quite annoying that the forums immediately bounce everything back to survivors just wanting to indefinitely loop, no wonder this communtity is so toxic. No one trusts each other or has any sort of faith.

    I'm sorry if this was stupid or absolute mess, if I may ask what is some counterplay against Deathslinger? This would have been a good step towards making this rebalance!

    Again sorry!

    you don't need ro be sorry, your idea is cool but when discussing something as sensitive as a killers base power and trying to change it greatly you will get backlash but thats not them hating thats mainly harsh criticisms however there will of course be players like him who will take it more personally.

    when you create and present an idea think along these lines to see if your idea is effect at addressing what you want changed, is it useful?, is it fair?, is it necessary/needed?, does X thing make up for replacing/changing X thing?, does it make sense and fall in line with other dbd mechanics?, how will this effect gameplay?, and make sure to take other people's opinions with a grain of salt while also considering where they are coming from.

    along these lines from my eyes this is how i see your ideas

    1. removing the instant ADS needs a proper compensation as thats his biggest strength. the audio que isn't necessary and along with him not having instant ADS makes him very weak compared to his current version.(it it necessary?)
    2. the bloody state does not make up for his nerf and is just a weaker version of his current self because all it does is decrease his ADS time when current deathslinger ADS is instant.(does it make up for replacing X thing?)
    3. the movement speed being 115% is something proposed countless times before and i can see it being useful if you dont have instant ADS but it is not enough to make up for the nerf and doesn't help him much at map pressure just look at clown he would be in a very similar situation.(does it make up for replacing X thing?)
    4. the gen explosion wont happen often enough and is too counterable by just seeing deathslinger and getting off the gen so it wont help him regress gens and having it deal extra regression still wont help as it wont happen often enough.(is it useful?, does it make sense and fall in line with other game mechanics.)
  • @GhostMaceNotCrusty said:

    That idea for gens exploding when u hit survivors is a cool perk idea

    It exists, its called surge

  • I worded it wrong, I meant that when you hit a survivor, all gens that were regressing would explode and take extra damage.(it sounds op in writing so maybe only when you know or hook someone?)

  • @OctaviusK said:

    After posting a discussion about ehy people hate Deathslinger I got many similar answer.

    Answers:

    -He has instant ADS that allows you get shots with almost no counterplay if your good.

    -A good deathslinger will hit you then reel you back in to down you.

    -He has no map pressure.

    Now let's see if I can fix these.

    Fixes:

    To fix the first issue.

    -Entering ADS takes .75 seconds and a non-directional noise is played.

    This creates a noise that tells the survivor its time to dodge the gun the .75 is meant to help them vault the window or pallet before they get shoot or allow them to dodge.

    To fix the second issue.

    -Once hit The Redeemer enters a bloody state, which increases the time to enter ADS by .25 seconds.

    I hope this fixes the problem that the distance you get out of your boost won't matter.

    To fix the third issue.

    - Increase his movement speed to 115%.

    -After each hit generators he has damaged will explode if someone is on them.

    The first buff just helps him get around. The second one is meant to reward him for kicking generators and hitting survivors. Which I think is highly skilled based to both sides. He must kick a gen and hit someone, and it can be avoided if you don't work on the generator.

    Slinger isn't even busted tho, not to be toxic but ur point is invalid tbh, u didn't even spell why right.

  • @voorheesgt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721710#Comment_1721710

    I'm sorry as well. I was very brash and thought your intentions were like others I'd seen. You'll never please everybody because two sides are so very polarized.

    I am sorry for the way I went about addressing you. Genuinely sorry.

    It's fine! Smile and move on! The two sides need to have a reason to move closer to ecaher other. My only idea is to get rid of any importance of winning. Or letring players rate your fun, the second easily abusable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I liked your first and third idea. I didn't like the second point because for me it doesn't make any sense punishing a killer for getting hits. The speed boost you get after getting hit is already enough to be outside of the range of the Redeemer (unless he has STBFL).

    But nice ideas anyway :)

    Thanks! I was trying to counter the hit reel in and hit again. Maybe a slower chain speed would've worked better?

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721605#Comment_1721605

    You think it's weird to try and put line of sight blockers between you and Deathslinger?

    No? I meant that not all maps will have blockers so out in the opens your easy pickings.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721710#Comment_1721710

    Apologies from me too.

    However the most vocal hate Deathslinger is getting always centers around how he is 'boring and unfun to face, because he cannot be engaged in chases and cuts them and looping short' and how he thus 'has no counterplay because he's is so overpowered in chases because he can instashoot and there is nothing to avoid that and you can only hope he misses'. And usually when people name stealth as counterplay, the same voices declare that 'but chases are the very core of the game and the most fun and thus deathslinger should be removed because...' etc

    I agree! Personally the thrill and excitement of stealth is on par with chases. But if you try to be stealthy your teammates will blame you for being useless and not doing gens.

  • @NoAh_0730 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202623/deathslinger-balance

    Slinger isn't even busted tho, not to be toxic but ur point is invalid tbh, u didn't even spell why right.

    I noticed that when I first posted but forgot to fix it!

  • @OctaviusK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721889#Comment_1721889

    No? I meant that not all maps will have blockers so out in the opens your easy pickings.

    That's true but that's also true of any killer. If you're out in the open against a 115% killer they'll just chase you down and hit you no problem.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722874#Comment_1722874

    I think this part doesn't need to change imo, the only situation this tactic is effective is when Slinger has 6+ stacks of STBFL, which is not that easy to built up, so I think it's deserved. His chain is already veryyyy slow if you hit a far shot.

    Just for reference, the time it takes to reel someone to you is essentially a constant, about 6.8 seconds. It's a little complicated but basically the farther they are when you shoot them the faster you reel them in, it's set up so that reel time is always about the same amount regardless of the distance. (Interact talks about this in detail in his Entity Education video on Deathslinger around the 5:20 mark)

    https://youtu.be/a5pV3V3wjU8?t=324


  • @GrimmReaper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720575#Comment_1720575

    Sadly it seems people want to balance him so he's even in 1v1s all while ignoring the fact that this is a 4v1 game. I play another asymmetrical game that tries to balance the game as if it's a 1v1 and coming from that I'll tell you it doesn't work. So I ask people to remember that killers are supposed to have the upper hand in 1v1 situations. All I'll say at this point is if people want to make him feel more "fair" in 1v1s then give him something to help with the 4v1 aspect. Right now he's only good in chase. So if you want to weaken the only thing he's good at then at the very least give him something for pressure or mobility so he can better handle the 4v1 aspect of this game.

    Did you even read the post?

  • My idea:

    -Fix his TR volume or change it altogether; it's cheap;

    -Make him 115% (Partially in line with TR)

    -Remove quickscoping but give him better ADS sensitivity for flicks, etc.

  • Minus the generator part to me it sounds good.

  • The only thing I want to change about the deathslinger is just to give him a lullaby that extends past his normal terror radius similar to what huntress or Freddy have. The reason I say this is because his normal terror radius is 24 meters and with his gun having a 18 meter range maximum, it is very easy to sneak up on survivors and shoot them, ensuring a free hit or down on the survivor. It can also be even easier with monitor and abuse lowering his terror radius to a whopping 16 meter range. Other than that, I feel the deathslinger is very balanced in terms of his power. Any good survivors can dodge his attacks like huntress and if the survivors move a different direction from where the deathslinger is pointing his gun, he would need to cancel his power and re aim his shot once more, which wastes lots of time. These are just my thoughts and I want to know what u guys think.

  • It is so ironic that people will call a killer boring because that killer doesn't allow them to beeline to the nearest tile, loop it, throw the pallet, then rinse and repeat for the next tile.

    It's so amazing that people actually argue for more static and mindless play rather than more dynamic and thoughtful play.

  • @ZaKzan said:

    It is so ironic that people will call a killer boring because that killer doesn't allow them to beeline to the nearest tile, loop it, throw the pallet, then rinse and repeat for the next tile.

    It's so amazing that people actually argue for more static and mindless play rather than more dynamic and thoughtful play.

    If your thinking this is my intention then your wrong. I heard that people disliked Deathslinger. I asked why and recieved answers like they hate this instant ads. So I went to work on making this, it ended up horrible because I barely got any real info. I didn't ask about counters, I neglected to try and learn about other opinions on him.

    So sorry, and stop assuming things. The community needs to have some faith in each other if we want to be better and less toxic.

1 2 ›