Someone explain how first hook mori is fine.

Comments

  • The point of a mori is to get instant pressure. That is why it is mostly used for during games. Having to find all 4 survivors and hook them while they're pounding out gens is a detriment. You know how easy it is for 1 person to just avoid the killer all game to prevent a mori with that requirement? I barely hear a heartbeat, so I hide and slowly walk away. Wait until killer leaves then get back on gen. You ain't getting a mori this match. I disagree with the hooking everyone thing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, a mori puts pressure on survivors immediately. Just like keys reward survivors for not finishing the objective or not being able to make it to the door and giving them extra BPs, as if they did something good. Same goes for mori's.

  • Honestly I think it needs a buff. imagine not having the first hook and just killing the first survivor that you down.


    Like 100% improvement

  • @ChantyBoi said:

    Someone explain why allowing survivors to skip what should be the most difficult part of the game with a key is fine? Someone explain why iribelt is fine. Someone explain why DS Unbreakable is fine. Someone explain why spirit is fine or why object is fine. The answer is that none of them are. All these things INCLUDING moris, are ######### and awful. Yet for some reason the priority ends on nerfing discordance. Welcome to DBD, we all hate it here and nothing makes sense.

    You listed, like, everything me and my friends complain about to eachother in this game on a dailybasis.

    Great summary

  • Because moris are in the game to balance other aspects, like keys and swf.

    Fix the swf advantage, and moris wont be needed, and can change as well.

  • They are not! But since keys, SWF, gen speed, DS/BT is a thing they probably feel they have to compensate with moris.

  • Me personally can’t get the comparison of a key and a mori.

  • Honestly, if I were to make a slight change to Moris, I would just make it so Survivors can't only be moried on death hook, even if they were unfortunate enough to go into struggle phase on hook 1.

  • @ChantyBoi said:

    Someone explain why allowing survivors to skip what should be the most difficult part of the game with a key is fine? Someone explain why iribelt is fine. Someone explain why DS Unbreakable is fine. Someone explain why spirit is fine or why object is fine. The answer is that none of them are. All these things INCLUDING moris, are ######### and awful. Yet for some reason the priority ends on nerfing discordance. Welcome to DBD, we all hate it here and nothing makes sense.

    My experience is that I see a ton more mori kills than key escapes. I have 2.2k hours (survivor) in the game. Does anyone else see it the same way? I have not seen a statistic on # mori kills vs key escapes. I would love to know that.

  • I shall explain:

    I hook you, you get unhooked.

    I play with you for several more minutes as I attempt to whack-a-mole all the survivors into slugged submission. I mori the survivors that then annoy me. I hook the survivors by whom I was pleased.

    'tis fine like the line representing how many milliseconds you have before you bleed out.

  • THIS GAME SHOULD BE "SURVIVORS HAVE FUN EVERY TRIAL AND ESCAPE BY DAYLIGHT"! 😬

  • I used to play matches with killers bringing moris but 9/10 they morid of first hook so I don't play them anymore. If the killer has black offering I DC. No I don't care. Again, I don't care. If I'm gonna play I want a fair match where everyone actually has a chance to get blood points and myself. Too many times I've thought "Ill play and see how it goes" first person gets down within 5 seconds, 2nd person goes for rescue and they just get downed and morid meanwhile 1 gen has been done and out 2nd teammate is on the hook ready for thier Mori. It's crap, so yeh I don't play moris matches anymore and it's great. 😊😁


    And again, I don't care if people don't agree with me. If it wasnt such a big problem there would be no need for it but it is so I do. Simple.

  • @Mtom912 said:

    It isn't, but you're gonna get people who pull the, BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS, and it's something completely irrelevant and unrelated

    All killer problems are irrelevant and unrelated

  • @JHondo said:

    The only time I'll 1st hook mori is a Blendette with a key because I know as soon as the hatch spawns they'll disappear into the bushes like they do and go Hatch hunting. Lately though I prefer Franklin's over moris to deal with key users because Franklin's also counters flashies and gives some free downs for the people that are super intent on not losing their item.

    Speaking of countering flashlights, I have been having a blast throwing lightborn and agitation in my build. Bait them into going for a flashlight save and you've pretty much got a free hit. The best part? Most of the time (in my experience so far) people don't learn the first time and keep trying it over and over as long as you sell it well enough

  • @Chrisko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1714607#Comment_1714607

    My experience is that I see a ton more mori kills than key escapes. I have 2.2k hours (survivor) in the game. Does anyone else see it the same way? I have not seen a statistic on # mori kills vs key escapes. I would love to know that.

    @Chrisko THIS! I barely ever take a key and when I look at my teammates most of the time they don't have a key either. I see more mori offerings than key. I don't use keys to the point that if they flat out removed them I wouldn't care lol, but the mori's need a serious rework it's the only think I'm really looking forward to and i hope they don't f*ck it up.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    ...

    Lemme Explain! I hope you understand and don't super salty about how Killer is op and ds or other perks should have buff, but killer should get nerfed

    OP SURVIVOR PERKS

    • UNBREAKABLE
    • DISSISIVE STRIKE
    • SPRINT BURST
    • DEAD HARD (It's okay if it's not in team with perks above it)
    • ADRENALINE
    • BORROWED TIME
    • LITHE
  • I forget to say one thing

    • HATCHES
    • KEYS!
  • Honestly all they really need to do to fix a mori is just make it require you hooking all current survivors at least once to unlock the mori. Boom ez fixed, no tunneled right off the hook for a nice 2min game experience. Keys on the other hand need some kind of a cast bar and also you should be able to grab them out of jumping into the hatch (someone remind me why this was removed in the first place?)

1 2 ›