Depends on what you did, I imagine they don't just go around banning people for saying "GGEZ" because not only is that not surious but because I don't think there would be a player base for DBD anymore.
Cheating however is a different story as they ban for that.
Depends on what you did, I imagine they don't just go around banning people for saying "GGEZ" because not only is that not surious but because I don't think there would be a player base for DBD anymore.
Cheating however is a different story as they ban for that.
Cheating as in like hacks/exploits? Or killer working with survivors?
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my discussion
If you follow the correct procedure, reporting in-game and then opening a ticket on the support website, giving all the information and evidence needed, they will definitely act.
No evidence they've ever done it, and I've seen plenty of cheaters that have been reported with evidence given with regard to what they did.
There is some evidence. Every once in a while you'll get some1 complaining in the Steam forums that they were banned for no reason. Also, salty ppl that have the banned symbol pop up time to time in the Steam forums too.
Cheating as in like hacks/exploits? Or killer working with survivors?
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my discussion
Really only hacking, I have seen people only banned for hacking.
I doubt they would ban for something like teaming with killer, because its hard to pull off and not only that but you'd have to prove it, and its not really something that happens, ect.
Really only hacking, I have seen people only banned for hacking.
I doubt they would ban for something like teaming with killer, because its hard to pull off and not only that but you'd have to prove it, and its not really something that happens, ect.
I've also seen people banned for communications abuse, and unsportsmanlike behaviour.
The communications abuse is actually surprisingly common, it just doesn't result in a permanent insta-ban.
Why would that be surprising at all?
Only thing I am surprised about is companies like this one pretending that anyone cares about what they think is offensive or not.
Either or, the only place I know you can receive any ban for this stuff would be the discord or forums and even then I have never seen in game bans for this and I really doubt its common to get banned for this at all.
Only thing I am surprised about is companies like this one pretending that anyone cares about what they think is offensive or not.
Either or, the only place I know you can receive any ban for this stuff would be the discord or forums and even then I have never seen in game bans for this and I really doubt its common to get banned for this at all.
Because if these forums are to be believed absolutely nobody recieves any punishment at all by the devs. My friend @hahadrillgobrrr managed to get banned for a week through communication bans, and almost hit a permanent one because of his anger issues. It's common, provided it's reported.
Only thing I am surprised about is companies like this one pretending that anyone cares about what they think is offensive or not.
Either or, the only place I know you can receive any ban for this stuff would be the discord or forums and even then I have never seen in game bans for this and I really doubt its common to get banned for this at all.
You're free not to believe that bans for this are common just as you are free to not care about the rules of the game. However, they do ban people for this, and most people do care about the rules.
Because if these forums are to be believed absolutely nobody recieves any punishment at all by the devs. My friend @hahadrillgobrrr managed to get banned for a week through communication bans, and almost hit a permanent one because of his anger issues. It's common, provided it's reported.
I strongly disagree, I think you are lying at this rate.
I believe its much more likely he got banned for cheating to some level.
Lets assume I grant you your point however, in that case I still think this is not normal at all as I have never seen anyone banned for this and said previously because its super common. You would have to do something serious in ways of verbal abuse.
I strongly disagree, I think you are lying at this rate.
I believe its much more likely he got banned for cheating to some level.
Lets assume I grant you your point however, in that case I still think this is not normal at all as I have never seen anyone banned for this and said previously because its super common. You would have to do something serious in ways of verbal abuse.
Want me to ask him, then? @Respectfulnancymain is able to back me up on this as they know him as well.
I strongly disagree, I think you are lying at this rate.
I believe its much more likely he got banned for cheating to some level.
Lets assume I grant you your point however, in that case I still think this is not normal at all as I have never seen anyone banned for this and said previously because its super common. You would have to do something serious in ways of verbal abuse.
Temporary bans don't show up on people's profiles, so how would you know the difference?
Provided you report the chat offence, and it breaks the EULA, they get punished. What's so hard to understand about that?
Nothing is hard to understand about that, its just if they were so common then most people would be banned because everyone at some point was being rude and screaming at the killer or survs about how much better they are for whatever reason.
Its like trying to kill a swarm of roachs with your shoe, you can only kill so many at a time.
Nothing is hard to understand about that, its just if they were so common then most people would be banned because everyone at some point was being rude and screaming at the killer or survs about how much better they are for whatever reason.
Its like trying to kill a swarm of roachs with your shoe, you can only kill so many at a time.
It's not an instant permanent ban though. It's a warning, then a temp ban, then another, then another, then a permanent one. So you'd have to have some serious repeat offenses for it.
Oh I see, its just I have not seen anyone banned and claim this is the reason for it being so. So thats the reason.
Yes, that's the reason. The only bans that show up on profiles (on Steam, at least) regardless of the game are permanent bans, and those never show a reason for them either. You literally cannot know when someone is temporarily banned nor why unless they tell you.
It's not an instant permanent ban though. It's a warning, then a temp ban, then another, then another, then a permanent one. So you'd have to have some serious repeat offenses for it.
Exactly, and after the first two or three temporary bans, people tend to get the message. Those who don't get what they deserve.
Yes, that's the reason. The only bans that show up on profiles (on Steam, at least) regardless of the game are permanent bans, and those never show a reason for them either. You literally cannot know when someone is temporarily banned nor why unless they tell you.
Which I no one has, I digress I'm not interested in this topic anymore.
Exactly my fking point, thank you for repeating me.
That wasn't your point though? Your point was that nobody's been banned- me infering this as not having been permanently or temporarily banned- and I said they have, and it's surprisingly common for people to do so. After a weeks ban though, they usually start to understand that calling people homophobic and racist slurs is a no-no.
Which I no one has, I digress I'm not interested in this topic anymore.
We can agree to disagree.
You can't know because you can't access the information. This is not a matter of opinion, it is not possible for you to know every single person who was banned (temporarily or otherwise) and why they were banned unless every single one of them explicitly told you about it.
That wasn't your point though? Your point was that nobody's been banned- me infering this as not having been permanently or temporarily banned- and I said they have, and it's surprisingly common for people to do so. After a weeks ban though, they usually start to understand that calling people homophobic and racist slurs is a no-no.
No my point is- actually im not repeating myself.
We can agree to disagree, I am not longer interested in the topic.
@Ihatelife reporting bugs goes to a completely different team than the topic of this conversation for a start. Also bugs are a lot more complicated to fix, finding the cause, then the fix, then implementing the fix etc - all that takes more time.
@Ihatelife reporting bugs goes to a completely different team than the topic of this conversation for a start. Also bugs are a lot more complicated to fix, finding the cause, then the fix, then implementing the fix etc - all that takes more time.
But this is derailing the conversation here.
This bug happens at any time when you unhook yourself. A lot of people are experience this and it was a known issue even since I've made a bug report about it. So sorry Mandy, but I don't believe that team has so much hard time to fix an one bug for literally period longer than a 6 months. If you don't believe me, you can try out this by yourself. This is just annoying that someone takes the time to report a bug and learn later that their effort was on waste.
If you follow the correct procedure, reporting in-game and then opening a ticket on the support website, giving all the information and evidence needed, they will definitely act.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Depends on what you did, I imagine they don't just go around banning people for saying "GGEZ" because not only is that not surious but because I don't think there would be a player base for DBD anymore.
Cheating however is a different story as they ban for that.
Cheating as in like hacks/exploits? Or killer working with survivors?
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my discussion
No evidence they've ever done it, and I've seen plenty of cheaters that have been reported with evidence given with regard to what they did.
If you follow the correct procedure, reporting in-game and then opening a ticket on the support website, giving all the information and evidence needed, they will definitely act.
You can find information about the game rules and how to collect your evidence in this section: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/game-rules
There is some evidence. Every once in a while you'll get some1 complaining in the Steam forums that they were banned for no reason. Also, salty ppl that have the banned symbol pop up time to time in the Steam forums too.
Nope. I reported a bug with self unhooking causing a short stuttering a 6 months ago and it's still in the game. Like seriously?
BTW the funniest thing about it was that the bug was already acknowledged. Lmao, then fix it please?
Really only hacking, I have seen people only banned for hacking.
I doubt they would ban for something like teaming with killer, because its hard to pull off and not only that but you'd have to prove it, and its not really something that happens, ect.
I've also seen people banned for communications abuse, and unsportsmanlike behaviour.
I haven't, you'd have to do something serious for that and everyone reports everyone for that so I really doubt that happens too often as well.
The communications abuse is actually surprisingly common, it just doesn't result in a permanent insta-ban.
Why would that be surprising at all?
Only thing I am surprised about is companies like this one pretending that anyone cares about what they think is offensive or not.
Either or, the only place I know you can receive any ban for this stuff would be the discord or forums and even then I have never seen in game bans for this and I really doubt its common to get banned for this at all.
Because if these forums are to be believed absolutely nobody recieves any punishment at all by the devs. My friend @hahadrillgobrrr managed to get banned for a week through communication bans, and almost hit a permanent one because of his anger issues. It's common, provided it's reported.
You're free not to believe that bans for this are common just as you are free to not care about the rules of the game. However, they do ban people for this, and most people do care about the rules.
I strongly disagree, I think you are lying at this rate.
I believe its much more likely he got banned for cheating to some level.
Lets assume I grant you your point however, in that case I still think this is not normal at all as I have never seen anyone banned for this and said previously because its super common. You would have to do something serious in ways of verbal abuse.
Want me to ask him, then? @Respectfulnancymain is able to back me up on this as they know him as well.
Temporary bans don't show up on people's profiles, so how would you know the difference?
Wouldn't matter if he agreed with you, reread my comment and look at the third sentence.
I'll say it one last time, I don't think this is common even if I give you the point that it happened.
Provided you report the chat offence, and it breaks the EULA, they get punished. What's so hard to understand about that?
As said before, I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BAN IN GAME FOR THIS REASON.
Now I am getting annoyed at people not reading my comments, so for this thread I will no longer be repeating myself.
If you say something and I don't reply if for this very reason of me not repeating myself.
And I'm saying you can't see temporary bans at all, so whether you've seen one for this or not is irrelevant because you can't see any to begin with.
Nothing is hard to understand about that, its just if they were so common then most people would be banned because everyone at some point was being rude and screaming at the killer or survs about how much better they are for whatever reason.
Its like trying to kill a swarm of roachs with your shoe, you can only kill so many at a time.
Oh I see, its just I have not seen anyone banned and claim this is the reason for it being so. So thats the reason.
It's not an instant permanent ban though. It's a warning, then a temp ban, then another, then another, then a permanent one. So you'd have to have some serious repeat offenses for it.
Yes, that's the reason. The only bans that show up on profiles (on Steam, at least) regardless of the game are permanent bans, and those never show a reason for them either. You literally cannot know when someone is temporarily banned nor why unless they tell you.
Exactly, and after the first two or three temporary bans, people tend to get the message. Those who don't get what they deserve.
Which I no one has, I digress I'm not interested in this topic anymore.
We can agree to disagree.
That wasn't your point though? Your point was that nobody's been banned- me infering this as not having been permanently or temporarily banned- and I said they have, and it's surprisingly common for people to do so. After a weeks ban though, they usually start to understand that calling people homophobic and racist slurs is a no-no.
You can't know because you can't access the information. This is not a matter of opinion, it is not possible for you to know every single person who was banned (temporarily or otherwise) and why they were banned unless every single one of them explicitly told you about it.
No my point is- actually im not repeating myself.
We can agree to disagree, I am not longer interested in the topic.
I can most definitely confirm that people get banned for a variety of reasons, chat offences being included in that.
More information on what is/isn't bannable in game can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/cn/kb/articles/139-game-rules
And yes, reporting does work and evidence is required.
What about reporting bugs? I reported a bug in April about that: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/145461/successfully-unhooking-yourself-freeze-you-in-place-shortly#latest And this bug is still magically in the game, even though it was acknowledged. Like come on it was 6 months ago.
@Ihatelife reporting bugs goes to a completely different team than the topic of this conversation for a start. Also bugs are a lot more complicated to fix, finding the cause, then the fix, then implementing the fix etc - all that takes more time.
But this is derailing the conversation here.
This bug happens at any time when you unhook yourself. A lot of people are experience this and it was a known issue even since I've made a bug report about it. So sorry Mandy, but I don't believe that team has so much hard time to fix an one bug for literally period longer than a 6 months. If you don't believe me, you can try out this by yourself. This is just annoying that someone takes the time to report a bug and learn later that their effort was on waste.
I mean they took a whole year to fix rank update error, so this isn't hard to believe.
Thanks for the response. :)