Dead hard is on the list of changes :)

It was confirmed in the dev Q&A that dead hard is getting changed at 36:57.

Hopefully this perk will be made more fair and fun to play against than it is now.

Other perks include: Iron maiden, fixated, lucky break, gearhead, and blood echo.

Update:  WAIT, they said they are changing the perk ENTIRELY from the ground up, because of dedicated servers.

Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    It was confirmed in the dev Q&A that dead hard is getting changed at 36:57.

    Hopefully this perk will be made more fair and fun to play against than it is now.

    Other perks include: Iron maiden, fixated, lucky break, gearhead, and blood echo.

    i think they would buff dead hard like it is not strong enough.

  • Devs: We fixed dead hard to be more according to servers.

    44565 bugs affect DH on that patch.

  • @IamDwight said:

    You can already counter it by baiting it and being more patient. They did imply that it was gonna be changed to work better with Dedicated Servers, so likely less to be exhausted on the ground.

    Oh that's an excellent tip when i'm playing as nurse. Geez thanks man!

    /s

  • I don't think it's gonna get nerfed, I think they can't fix the issue where you're gonna get hit while using it, so that's why they want to rebuild this perk.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1700107#Comment_1700107

    It's not really buffing it. It's fixing it. Abilities should be judged and balanced around working correctly. DH, right now, does not, and is wildly inconsistent.

    So it needs a chonky nerf as soon as it's fixed.

  • I play Nurse and have no issues with dead hard (even though its her #1 counter), glad they decided to technically revisit it to make sure the instances of being exhausted on the ground will be less consistent

  • @DerpyPlayz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1701370#Comment_1701370

    Reread what they replied, my quote, their quote, and both messages because im not going to repeat what I already have said.

    I read it like 4 times before I replied, you're misreading it and quoting as badly as political ads.

    I'll give it to you another way.

    Think of it like a dress, they are changing the fabric because right now the fabric they are using has too many issues. Implementation of DH with servers.

    A functionality change would be like changing it from a slip dress to a skirt because they want it to have a different use.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1700036#Comment_1700036

    Yeah, you can counter it if they are using dead hard THAT way, but dead hard for distance is extremely unfair and is pretty unfun.

    Dead hard for distance can go when bloodlust goes too

  • Interesting hope Fixated means you can soon walk faster when injured also, and that Iron Maiden get 30 seconds exposed status effect so you can down someone sometimes.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1701351#Comment_1701351

    As a deadhard og using it for distance was always a thing. Dont know why it's a problem now.

    Exactly, and I always hated it.

    Now, as a blight main, I hate it even more.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1700107#Comment_1700107

    Remember when they buffed all the Killers by fixing the Hook-Bug? Man, good times.

    Rememeber when they nerfed all killers with dedicated servers? Man, good times.

  • All the perks they said are getting buff

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1701199#Comment_1701199

    Great way to compare apples to bananas.

    Dh still worked and gave a form of advantage when used with a different timing aka gaining distance for another pallet/vault by using it early.

    The bugged hooks made hooking directly nigh impossible.

    So which one was a dire needed fix and the other just an inconvenience?

    Edit: By the way I know you overall stance in this forum and you may know mine, so let's save each other's time by agreeing that we will probably never see eye to eye.

    "Agree to disagree" is a pretty lame phrase when you are incorrect. Fixes are not Nerfs or Buffs. They are fixes. Sure sometimes the fixed Content is stronger afterwards (because it does work as intended) or weaker (again, because it does work as intended).

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1701199#Comment_1701199

    Rememeber when they nerfed all killers with dedicated servers? Man, good times.

    Wouldnt it be a Buff according to your logic, because Dead Hard stopped working correctly?

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/200247/dead-hard-is-on-the-list-of-changes

    We're "rebuilding it from the ground up" meaning its implementation. As a perk requiring sharp timing, its network implementation needs to be revisited. The intention was not to say we're changing it function entirely. Any changes to its function will be for design reasons, not due to implementation details.

    Yeah when is this going to be fixed? Grabs havn't worked since the dedicated server update. Dead Hard for the most part has been fine.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1701604#Comment_1701604

    Wouldnt it be a Buff according to your logic, because Dead Hard stopped working correctly?

    No? Dead Hard got nerfed with servers, and now it gets buffed again.

    But servers nerfed kilers much more than Dead Hard got.

  • 69th comment.


    Nice..

  • @BowlOfSoup said:

    69th comment.

    Nice..

    Haha nice.

  • @Iron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1701437#Comment_1701437

    I read it like 4 times before I replied, you're misreading it and quoting as badly as political ads.

    I'll give it to you another way.

    Think of it like a dress, they are changing the fabric because right now the fabric they are using has too many issues. Implementation of DH with servers.

    A functionality change would be like changing it from a slip dress to a skirt because they want it to have a different use.

    lol. you sadly don't amuse me, if you don't understand oh well

  • @DerpyPlayz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1701555#Comment_1701555

    lol. you sadly don't amuse me, if you don't understand oh well

    It wasn't meant to amuse you. I attempted to simplify it, but hey, if you don't get it, that isn't on me.

  • Roll on Mettle of Man levels of useless for DH

    Next stop, DS

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1701345#Comment_1701345

    No. That'd be like saying "Lololol, they're buffing the strongest Killer in the game" because they're fixing/improving blink dead zones.

    They are giving the strongest exhaustion perk in the game additional functionality. Directly. By reworking it's interactions. Don't whattabout and compare it to anything else, because there's no comparison. It is a straight up buff because they are, and I cannot stress this enough, DIRECTLY BUFFING THE PERK WITH ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONALITY.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1701373#Comment_1701373

    They are giving the strongest exhaustion perk in the game additional functionality. Directly. By reworking it's interactions. Don't whattabout and compare it to anything else, because there's no comparison. It is a straight up buff because they are, and I cannot stress this enough, DIRECTLY BUFFING THE PERK WITH ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONALITY.

    They are fixing it so it functions properly with the current servers.

  • @DerpyPlayz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1700067#Comment_1700067

    Rank means nothing, can't counter dead hard if its used properly IE to chain window vaults to pallets.

    "Used properly" is subjective. Where does it state that it is specifically made to create distance? Many MANY people use it bait out a swing from the killer.

  • Reading all the comments, I can't help but kind of laugh a little bit. DH is one of the few perks for survivors that gives you a chance. Especially when you really only deal with killers who stealth, stacks perks allowing you to =see= survivors no matter what they are doing. Plus several killers with ridiculously far-reaching and accuracy ignoring ranged attacks, insta-knockdown attacks, and damn near able to strike entirely in a 360 degree arch around themselves. Oh, and the biggest, heaviest killers -still- run faster than you do. Lol.

    I don't have rose-tinted glasses here, I only just got the game maybe a month ago and I see it as so unbalanced against certain killer/loadouts, it isn't even fun to play. I'm all for keeping it slightly unbalanced, to make victory much more sweeter when earned. But when the only way to enjoy the game is to have a new killer with no stacked perks, or one who's just AFK swinging so you can farm up points, it isn't that great.

    Personally think allowing survivors to take one more hit, and giving them one more hanging status would do wonders so you don't join a game, get insta-downed by a killer who already sees you on other side of the map, and puppy guarded until you die. Just my outlook, I'll assume this community is pretty much like the Dark Souls community when it comes to balance complaints, but at least there, the games were difficult but fair.

  • Nerf the petk that allows survivors to constantly enter and exit lockers then stun you. They abuse the f*** out of it. And as killers what... we jyst have to take the stun.... seeing the f***er go into the locker. Also why on xbox does my killer try to go for the grab and do niether grab nor hit the f***in survivors ???? Fux that shyt. Im gonna start sluggin a bunch of games everytime they killer nerf. F*** dbd and its survivor lean.

  • Honestly, I flicked on this topic title and read it as "Dev's hard on is on the list of changes".

  • Oh, they're changing Lucky Break? I was about to buy Yui so I could get that for stealth builds...

  • Personally, I don't think so. Compared to other exhaustion perks, it's more reactive and requires a bit more skill to use. Yes, I know, pressing E doesn't sound like skill, but every game mechanic in every game could be boiled down in the same manner. Not saying you were going to be pedantic about it, but cutting off that route just in case.

    In any case, making active use of the i-frames requires timing, which is something the player must have as a skill set of their own. If you have ever played a character action game like DMC or Bayonetta, it will be an extremely familiar concept. Perfect, last second timing to get the most use out of an action. I personally LOVE these kinds of mechanics. That's where I think DH is actually not only a good perk, but pretty awesome: It challenged the players SICK STYLISH SKILLS.

    Using it to get a booty boost towards a window or pallet, however, is an entirely different thing. I agree that, in some regards, it can seem like an "oops I pooped myself" perk that gives the Survivor another chance to not poop themself. Mind you, I think other perks do that much more and in spades, and are more deserving of a nerf-bat (*COUGH GRUMBLE BRAP* Decisive Strike *RUMBLE FART BAZINGA*). On the other hand, blowing ones Exhaustion load to gain a meter or two in a chase can be a big risk, and I kind of like the idea of a perk doing just that. PERHAPS, MAYBE, if the two weren't the same perk, it would be less of an issue. Still, I simply don't see DH as being even remotely as busted a bajillion other perks. It requires good timing, game sense, planning, good reactions, and a Style Meter that tells you how sick you are because you dodged the bosses attack and got to use a taunt on them before... oh wait wrong game. You get what I mean, though.

  • Well if they make is so that using dead hard will always include risk (as it OG use intends - react to killer's attack not press in an advance) then it'll be good. But if it becomes something ridiculous like "press e for 1 second of invulnerability to hits" then I'll pass

  • I like that dedicated servers limit dead hards functionality a bit. Because being able to use it on reaction is bullshit in my opinion, and no, it doesnt require skill. Dead Harding for distance is enough, no need to make it so killers must hug survivor first, to avoid DH on reaction, and then still risk DH on prediction or DH to a pallet. Imagine how much distance this is gonna buy for a survivors.

    IMO DH is the strongest and most impactful perk out of all meta perks for survivors, and it doesnt need a buff. Let it stay that way so it actually requires a bit of skill, instead of 100% guaranteed second chance in a chase if you are not a granny with slow reaction, and you are smart enough to know where is the closest pallet on a map.

  • @IamDwight said:

    You can already counter it by baiting it and being more patient. They did imply that it was gonna be changed to work better with Dedicated Servers, so likely less to be exhausted on the ground.

    No. The people that use dead hard in that way are not the people that make dead hard such a broken perk. I love the way this guy explains the BASE jumper in TF2 in this video. A regular joe shmoe isn't going to be using strafing and redeploying the base jumper to fully utilize its effect, joe shmoe is going to rocket jump, use the basejumper, not redeploy it, and die. The professional gamer is going to strafe and redeploy it and make it impossible to get hit.

    This is the way dead hard is used, most of the players that use it do not use it to its fullest, only when it is used to its fullest is it oppressive, and that is to give the survivor the needed distance to either vault a window or throw a pallet, which can then be chained to other windows and pallets, resulting in a loss for the killer, rather than a potential win by downing the survivor. Good players do a good job at exploiting game balance issues. What is completely broken at high levels play may be completely insignificant at lower levels of play.

    Please watch this video, I'll timestamp it to the part I was talking about, but the whole video does a great job in explaining what game balance should be.

    https://youtu.be/X1p42KtZOCw?t=207


    And here's a recent video by scott, which details why it's such bad game design to balance a game based off of the average playerbase.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD2Dk3kPD3s


  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1701490#Comment_1701490

    Personally, I don't think so. Compared to other exhaustion perks, it's more reactive and requires a bit more skill to use. Yes, I know, pressing E doesn't sound like skill, but every game mechanic in every game could be boiled down in the same manner. Not saying you were going to be pedantic about it, but cutting off that route just in case.

    In any case, making active use of the i-frames requires timing, which is something the player must have as a skill set of their own. If you have ever played a character action game like DMC or Bayonetta, it will be an extremely familiar concept. Perfect, last second timing to get the most use out of an action. I personally LOVE these kinds of mechanics. That's where I think DH is actually not only a good perk, but pretty awesome: It challenged the players SICK STYLISH SKILLS.

    Using it to get a booty boost towards a window or pallet, however, is an entirely different thing. I agree that, in some regards, it can seem like an "oops I pooped myself" perk that gives the Survivor another chance to not poop themself. Mind you, I think other perks do that much more and in spades, and are more deserving of a nerf-bat (*COUGH GRUMBLE BRAP* Decisive Strike *RUMBLE FART BAZINGA*). On the other hand, blowing ones Exhaustion load to gain a meter or two in a chase can be a big risk, and I kind of like the idea of a perk doing just that. PERHAPS, MAYBE, if the two weren't the same perk, it would be less of an issue. Still, I simply don't see DH as being even remotely as busted a bajillion other perks. It requires good timing, game sense, planning, good reactions, and a Style Meter that tells you how sick you are because you dodged the bosses attack and got to use a taunt on them before... oh wait wrong game. You get what I mean, though.

    The problem is dead hard for distance, i also like the other aspects of the perk, i use it myself for that reason. Also the stacking with other second chances is problematic, but that's a whole different topic.

1 2 ›