Thats all folks

I know I know they heard our issues about ps4. But now they said michael isn't receiving anything. No base kit buffs, only a straight up add on nerf if they touch him. That and the boring events, the endless grind, and the seemingly dismissal of some of these issues is going to make me want to take a break. I'm disappointed in the devs and a minority of the community. This situation is similar to the fallout 76 situation. And we know how that ended. Don't think I'm trying to make this sentimental because it's not. It's basically saying why I won't be as active on the forums than i used to be

image.png

Edit: Let me answer some questions i keep seeing

This isn't the only reason I'm leaving

He will most definitely get an add on pass due to not fitting their standards of add ons

Good day for all and i pray for those who stick with the game

Comments

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699303#Comment_1699303

    I mean, you brought up Nurse and Billy, and I responded to it. If you cant handle a response, dont bring up arguments.

    You are overreacting. Nothing is known, so no conclusions possible.

    Past behavior is the best indicator for future actions. What they did to Billy and Nurse will more than likely be what Myers will get. "Slight addon changes" my butthole.

  • And you have to remember that them saying they will take a look at his Add-on(s) doesn't mean any changes are imminent. :) They say stuff like that all the time, and in many cases it may be a year (or never) before it happens. Look, I know I come off as an overly optimistic Pollyanna, but trust me when I say there is NO REASON to stress or quit over rumor or idle chatter. What will be, will be. Myers is a flagship Killer for this game. If they rework him, he is more likely to end up like Freddy (and have everyone complaining about how tough he has become) than not. He is Michael "freaking" Myers. Many people joined Dead by Daylight because of him. He is the first licensed Killer. I don't think any of us have anything to worry about. Change is not always a bad thing.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699306#Comment_1699306

    No it's because you are good with him he isn't getting buffs. Should have put the /s my bad

    ok lol this is dbd forums gotta take everything seriously otherwise you get jailed

  • In case my favorite tombstone myers players leave after this, please know the highlight of my day was watching you mori the player that did nothing and flashlight clicked at everyone. And yes, I'll even miss the camping myers, because you're all valid and jump scare me which makes the game interesting. I hope things get better for you <3

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699174#Comment_1699174

    To be fair, the Tombstone Piece 100% needs a Nerf.

    But once again, someone is overreacing about no information at all.

    But they could buff the pink tombstone to kill people who jump in lockers or are on the ground AFTER they are hooked once like a mori, since the add-on takes so long to activate only to get screwed over by locker jumpers.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699309#Comment_1699309

    oh

    you want Mikey to have more movies than JV, eh🤓

    I just wanted it to go back to normal but if we getting a new movie im down

  • @AvisDeene said:

    It isn't surprising that they're going to mess with another Killer, I just never thought it would be Michael. He needed no nerfs whatsoever.

    You'd think they'd worry about buffing Trapper and Wraith, two Killers who have been collecting dust on their worktable, but not.

    I guess they really are focusing on pleasing their cash cow (Survivors).

    There have been so many anti-Micheal threads lately. Everytime I would see them I would laugh to myself, What y'all trying to do??

    Really. One guys posts then everyone piles on with their own threads to try to make an unneccesary change. I didnt think anything would actually come of it.

    You just never know...😱🎃

  • @Moundshroud said:

    And you have to remember that them saying they will take a look at his Add-on(s) doesn't mean any changes are imminent. :) They say stuff like that all the time, and in many cases it may be a year (or never) before it happens. Look, I know I come off as an overly optimistic Pollyanna, but trust me when I say there is NO REASON to stress or quit over rumor or idle chatter. What will be, will be. Myers is a flagship Killer for this game. If they rework him, he is more likely to end up like Freddy (and have everyone complaining about how tough he has become) than not. He is Michael "freaking" Myers. Many people joined Dead by Daylight because of him. He is the first licensed Killer. I don't think any of us have anything to worry about. Change is not always a bad thing.

    OMG why are yall acting like thats the only reason im leaving? Its not, there are so many other reasons but that was the one that broke the camels back

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699320#Comment_1699320

    I just wanted it to go back to normal but if we getting a new movie im down

    Yeah, same, totally

    Also, by appearances, F13 & Halloween both have 12 (including Kills & Ends), unless you count Michael’s cameo appearance on the old TV set in SotW.

    Kinda like the whole “see who ends up with more films” friendly competition between the two, personally

    EDIT: Hope we get to see them face off against each other some day... maybe even team up for the slash

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699329#Comment_1699329

    Yeah, same, totally

    Also, by appearances, F13 & Halloween both have 12 (including Kills & Ends), unless you count Michael’s cameo appearance on the old TV set in SotW.

    Kinda like the whole “see who ends up with more films” friendly competition between the two, personally

    What do you mean, f13 has 11,

    the og

    2nd

    3rd

    4th

    5th

    jason lives

    7th

    jason goes to manhattan

    jason goes to hell

    jason x

    and the reboot

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699323#Comment_1699323

    OMG why are yall acting like thats the only reason im leaving? Its not, there are so many other reasons but that was the one that broke the camels back

    Fair enough. Mostly I am reacting to it that way because this thread seemed to infer it. If you aren't happy, then it is time to move on. I just hope you come back later. I'm not an emotional guy; I'm a competitive kind of person. I compete with MYSELF and thus a lot of the angst and drama that goes on within the DbD community goes right over my head. I apologize for being kind of blind to it. I make the same assumptions other people do, i.e. that other people are the same as me, and thus I'm puzzled when they get upset about things which don't even make me bat an eye. That is unfair to others and I'm working on the empathy thing. I just think it would be a shame to lose you. I think (or should I say I want) you to stay. But you need to do you.

  • I would be surprised if they nerfed Myers (except add-ons) ,even after billy and nurse.

    Also that OoO answer lol, with mcote dropping that dev in it with "but is it fun to play against"

    The answer being a) but my stats and b) I personally just try to ignore the person using it

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699349#Comment_1699349

    What do you mean, f13 has 11,

    the og

    2nd

    3rd

    4th

    5th

    jason lives

    7th

    jason goes to manhattan

    jason goes to hell

    jason x

    and the reboot

    11.5 if you count Freddy vs Jason

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699345#Comment_1699345

    Fair enough. Mostly I am reacting to it that way because this thread seemed to infer it. If you aren't happy, then it is time to move on. I just hope you come back later. I'm not an emotional guy; I'm a competitive kind of person. I compete with MYSELF and thus a lot of the angst and drama that goes on within the DbD community goes right over my head. I apologize for being kind of blind to it. I make the same assumptions other people do, i.e. that other people are the same as me, and thus I'm puzzled when they get upset about things which don't even make me bat an eye. That is unfair to others and I'm working on the empathy thing. I just think it would be a shame to lose you. I think (or should I say I want) you to stay. But you need to do you.

    Basically let me say it. I was done when they broke ps4, then my broken back healed only to gte broken again when they said they were nerfing his add ons

  • @Aneurysm said:

    I would be surprised if they nerfed Myers (except add-ons) ,even after billy and nurse.

    Also that OoO answer lol, with mcote dropping that dev in it with "but is it fun to play against"

    The answer being a) but my stats and b) I personally just try to ignore the person using it

    Yes this was an outstanding display of competence and understanding of DBD. Bless our rank 20s, they´re so cute, but don´t let them make balance design. Oh wait....

  • This is far from the truth. They are not touching Michael is what they said.

  • Don't disrespect jason with the utter nerf he took in that movie. He would have rekt freddy in the real world if it was accurate

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699362#Comment_1699362

    Don't disrespect jason with the utter nerf he took in that movie. He would have rekt freddy in the real world if it was accurate

    I always thought that too lol

    It's like they got to the end of the movie, realised Jason had like 20+ kills while Freddy had one and said ow heck we better make Freddy look good in the fight scene or his fans are gonna wreck us

  • Dead hard has great "omg" potential? Ok. Glad to hear it's getting fixed or something? Maybe?

    Legion is fine bc killrates aggh it's not just about killrates for some of us they feel like dogshit to play especially on console.

    Sorry I'm just watching the Q&A now

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    This is far from the truth. They are not touching Michael is what they said.

    They said they would look at his add ons if they did, meaning an entire nerf, or a addon pass

  • Holy dramatics, Batman. All they said was that they MIGHT look at SOME of his add ons that are considered problematic in the future. That's all. Probably going to do something with tombstone since its the only Myers add on you hear any complaints about.

    Here people are thinking he is getting nerfed. Take a chill pill.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699365#Comment_1699365

    They said they would look at his add ons if they did, meaning an entire nerf, or a addon pass

    They didn't say they were going to. Were you watching the same stream as everyone else?

    They only answered the question because some people (on these very forums) feel like he needs to be buffed. They answered the question with a simple "No". They feel he is in a good spot.

    Do his add ons need a bit of love? Yes they do. Which is why they said IF (meaning if at all) they would give him an add on pass but that's it.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699349#Comment_1699349

    What do you mean, f13 has 11,

    the og

    2nd

    3rd

    4th

    5th

    jason lives

    7th

    jason goes to manhattan

    jason goes to hell

    jason x

    and the reboot

    By appearances Freddy vs Jason still counts

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699377#Comment_1699377

    They didn't say they were going to. Were you watching the same stream as everyone else?

    They only answered the question because some people (on these very forums) feel like he needs to be buffed. They answered the question with a simple "No". They feel he is in a good spot.

    Do his add ons need a bit of love? Yes they do. Which is why they said IF (meaning if at all) they would give him an add on pass but that's it.

    It's a guarantee they are going to rework his add ons. Him and huntress are the only killers who don't fit their standard meaning they will be changed, how hard is that to understand. Everyone knew he was getting an add on pass, no one knew if he was going to be buffed and now we do. Checkmate

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Holy dramatics, Batman. All they said was that they MIGHT look at SOME of his add ons that are considered problematic in the future. That's all. Probably going to do something with tombstone since its the only Myers add on you hear any complaints about.

    Here people are thinking he is getting nerfed. Take a chill pill.

    Look at the response I gave to johnny and the response i gave to moonshroud. Good day

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699381#Comment_1699381

    It's a guarantee they are going to rework his add ons. Him and huntress are the only killers who don't fit their standard meaning they will be changed, how hard is that to understand. Everyone knew he was getting an add on pass, no one knew if he was going to be buffed and now we do. Checkmate

    @ToxicMyers

    Wrong. They said IF he gets anything... meaning it is not guaranteed he will. It would be an add on pass which as a Michael Myers main I agree, his add ons are a bit dated considering when he came out.

    But don't take my word for it. I just wish you would stop spreading the wrong information. They are happy with his basekit.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/TolerantStrangeKumquatKreygasm


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Can we at least wait until we hear the proposed changes before we assume the worst?

    Based on past actions we can assume the highest probable outcome is a nerf to tombstone and nothing else, which would be a net nerf.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699379#Comment_1699379

    Look at the response I gave to johnny and the response i gave to moonshroud. Good day

    Your response is factually wrong. They said they have no intention of touching his base kit. They feel he is in a good spot based on his stats and community feedback. They said they might, emphasis on might, look at some of his problematic add ons in the future. Their words.

    Your interpretation of them is just that. Your spin on it.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699391#Comment_1699391

    @ToxicMyers

    Wrong. They said IF he gets anything... meaning it is not guaranteed he will. It would be an add on pass which as a Michael Myers main I agree, his add ons are a bit dated considering when he came out.

    But don't take my word for it. I just wish you would stop spreading the wrong information. They are happy with his basekit.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/AltruisticDreamyTortoisePRChase

    Wrong info? They said earlier they would look at huntresses add ons because she was one of the 2 killers who didn't fit their standards. Low and behold myers is the other. I also editted my post to explain my point better. Good day

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699392#Comment_1699392

    Your response is factually wrong. They said they have no intention of touching his base kit. They feel he is in a good spot based on his stats and community feedback. They said they might, emphasis on might, look at some of his problematic add ons in the future. Their words.

    Your interpretation of them is just that. Your spin on it.

    Factually incorrect? Based on their past response with huntress and how both of them don't fit their add on standard we can assume both will be getting changed in the future. And because they said there would be no buff, based on what they did in earlier add on passesthe most probable outcome is a net nerf. But like i keep saying this is an assumption. I'm not stating it as fact.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699398#Comment_1699398

    Wrong info? They said earlier they would look at huntresses add ons because she was one of the 2 killers who didn't fit their standards. Low and behold myers is the other. I also editted my post to explain my point better. Good day

    @ToxicMyers

    So what? Them mentioning Huntress has nothing to do with relation to what they said about Michael.

    You are stating an opinion and overexaggerating at that... with the whole "Sad Goodbye". They never even mentioned the word nerf.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699400#Comment_1699400

    If you're right, then wait until they announce that. Complaining about something that hasn't happened is not productive. The add-on nerfs they've done in the past were necessary. Nurse's range add-ons and Billy's charge-time add-ons were both insanely strong, and given how strong those killers already are they definitely didn't need add-ons that strong. Myers has some broken add-ons too that really should be addressed, but he's weak enough that they should either buff some of his weaker add-ons too or buff his base kit.

    Yes they did good nerfing their op add ons, but then they also nerfed their other add ons where basekit billy is arguably better than double engravings due to the overheat mechanic. Nurse has 4 good add ons and i think thats it. I do agree tombstone needs to be nerfed, but based on past actions they won't buff anything else

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699404#Comment_1699404

    @ToxicMyers

    So what? Them mentioning Huntress has nothing to do with relation to what they said about Michael.

    You are stating an opinion and overexaggerating at that... with the whole "Sad Goodbye". They never even mentioned the word nerf.

    Yes it does. Do you really believe if they are trying to change huntress to fit their standard they won't change michael either? Thats highly unlikely. Now realize this. Everything i have said on the michael add on pass that may be coming is an estimated guess. Not fact Overexaggeration is not how i would describe my estimated guess on what they would do but go off.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699411#Comment_1699411

    Yes it does. Do you really believe if they are trying to change huntress to fit their standard they won't change michael either? Thats highly unlikely. Now realize this. Everything i have said on the michael add on pass that may be coming is an estimated guess. Not fact Overexaggeration is not how i would describe my estimated guess on what they would do but go off.

    @ToxicMyers

    Ok but that is your opinion in the way YOU interpreted what they said.

    They never straight up said they are going to touch Michael, let alone nerf him. He is actually one of the few killers that requires skill, why on earth would they touch him? The add ons comment comes from people who feel that his add ons could use a pass, and even then he inserted an "IF".

    I understand that you are passionate about this killer, but you literally have "But now they said michael is going to be nerfed." in your first sentence.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699164#Comment_1699164

    Not directly, they just confirmed that his basekit will not be changed and his addons might get looked at. Looking back at the "slight addon changes" other Killers recieved (Nurse, Billy), we can make a good guess about what´s to come for Myers.

    I wish my Piggy would get such a "pass" on her add-ons, as they likely only could improve on most of em and make them useful instead of harmful.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699177#Comment_1699177

    I wish my Piggy would get such a "pass" on her add-ons, as they likely only could improve on most of em and make them useful instead of harmful.

    Be careful what you wish for.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699414#Comment_1699414

    I don't think Billy and Nurse really need good add-ons, though. It would be a disaster to do something like that to a killer like Wraith, but Nurse's and Billy's base kits are good enough that the add-on changes make sense for them imo.

    I hope they just buff some of Myers' weaker add-ons if and when they address the Tombstone. Things like moving slightly faster while stalking just aren't useful, Vanity Mirror is kind of irrelevant when Scratched Mirror exists, Boyfriend memo only gets used because nothing else works with Scratched Mirror but it's honestly awful, etc. It'd be cool if those add-ons got some more love.

    And I understand not making strong add ons for nurse, but literally every single one is weak af besides the 4 i mentioned. But anyway this thread ain't about nurse

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699426#Comment_1699426

    @ToxicMyers

    Ok but that is your opinion in the way YOU interpreted what they said.

    They never straight up said they are going to touch Michael, let alone nerf him. He is actually one of the few killers that requires skill, why on earth would they touch him? The add ons comment comes from people who feel that his add ons could use a pass, and even then he inserted an "IF".

    I understand that you are passionate about this killer, but you literally have "But now they said michael is going to be nerfed." in your first sentence.

    Then I'll change that first sentence when i re edit the post. Thank you for letting me know. Though I disagree with you now, I wish you the best in the future.

  • True they might make her weaker but still, look at her add-ons tho...

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1699448#Comment_1699448

    True they might make her weaker but still, look at her add-ons tho...

    they kinda trash tbh

  • how come you changed thread title?

  • @Buttercake said:

    how come you changed thread title?

    People kept thinking I'm trying to be dramatic, so i edited my post for that and other reasons

  • @Sluzzy said:

    You are overacting. Myers was like rank 5 in killrates at rank 1 with around 70% killrate. He's a super super strong killer, but happens to have fair counterplay. I hope they don't touch him tbh. Survivors need buffed before he needs nerfed.

    he's a bottom 5 killer possibly, red ranks is not a good sample because the vast majority of red ranks suck (if you're an above avg killer red rank killer you prob 4k like more than 90% of matches) - The data clearly shows that how easy the killer is to play is more important than how good they are, hence the simplest strong killer (Freddy) being the 'best', and low skillcap ones like Myers, Bubba, Pig being higher than they should be. Huntress is not even close to bottom half, and she is not worse than Clown, nor is Blight, nor is Nurse, nor is Freddy the best, nor are Pig/Bubba top half, nor is Spirit not top 2. Anyone with any idea about DBD knows this. This data is so inaccurate to how strong killers actually are that it should be completely disregarded when it comes to influencing anything regarding balance, and anyone who is decent enough at this game with enough experience should realise this immediately.

1 2 ›