Anyone else think clown needs a speed nerf?
In my opinion the clowns is a bit to over powered because he is way too fast and there is no counter to his power with is speed being extreamly fast
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
He's not that fast, just kids exploiting his whisky bottle
The Trapper's traps do just that if you run into one during a chase.
Just don't run through his gas. He has a really limited amount of bottles.
Oh wow, using a killers ability is exploiting now...
You can fake him out if you now what i mean, make him waste his bottles and don't get caught in the open, he's not much of a threat if you're near some safe pallets or buildings
I thought you're better than this, are you goin' to tell me you don't know about his precious bottle exploit ?
While I don't know for sure what it is and believe the Clown is fine balance wise iirc there's some bug regarding his addons that give him MS while reloading that's faster than normal movement speed. I'd assume that's what OP is talking about.
tbh it's probably not even a bug but more just an oversight.
Can you stop being a Hypocrite? Last night i had a match with this kind of person, exploiting it like hell, look it up, i'm not making anything up
I've done the clown dance to meme with with the last survivor before I gave them the hatch, there's literally no discernible difference.
@kingreaps here you go, maybe that's what happened to you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbzrt-6e0ac
'I tested it.It doesen't do anything' oh my god, are you for real ?
Look up the video the other dude posted, you must be high if you think there is no difference
So the killer used his power and you and you call it a "free hit"?
Wow...survivor are really entitled to the max right now, calling basically everything a "free hit".
To be honest, I'd like it if the devs kept that trick in the game (though adjusting numbers if necessary).
Variety and different builds and playstyles are a good thing.
I feel like it'd be really stupid to have a slow Killer that slows you down just so they can have a chance to catch you.
It's exactly why I found the Clown dumb in the PTB when he would slow himself down when readying a bottle. It just seemed pointless slowing yourself down just so you could slow a Survivor down.
Thin? Is this some kinda fat joke about the clown? That’s rude fam.
"Free hit" apparently means "When the Killer uses his ability to win a chase".
Moaning, BBQ, bad player models for male characters, buggy crows, and bad map design happened.
Stealth is boring, but running around every pallet on the map for 5 minutes is fun, didn't you hear?
I love how no one's saying something constructive about the Clown exploit, some even think it's fair, i bet if it was some Survivor exploit everyone would lose their #########, this community....pathetic
The exploit is bad because it's an exploit, but this thread is not about the exploit. Is it pathetic to stay on topic, or is it pathetic to try to change the subject when you've been proven wrong? I know what I vote for.
Dude, we are a community, we're supposed to be together in order for this game to gain even more popularity and grow, i appreciate what you and few other people are doing, being polite and constructive in threads and not having biased opinions, but i was just saying how it is, read the thread again, you'll see some people find nothing wrong with it
I saw one person saying they'd like it to be kept as a mechanic, with the necessary adjustments, and one person who didn't know about the exploit.
Another crying survivor main? Come on dude.
The Clown is a viable option at high ranks. He is perfectly balanced I think. No complaints here on him.
Are you kidding me? Survivor are the master of abusing exploits in this game.
Climbing rocks where they can't be reached, using DH to go places that had been meant to be inaccessible.
And don't let me start getting into looping, which is a sanctioned exploit.
Stop turning things upside down.
Both the Clown and Hillbilly should have their walking speed reduced to match Hag, Huntress and Spirit.
Clown is 115 speed. Why would he need a nerf? His power only slows down survivors speed to 85 for 2 seconds. He slows down when refilling his bottles after he gets 4 of them. They do not hurt survivors like hatchets.
Your sarcastic, right?
New account. Assume troll until proven otherwise.
Nice meme about looping. Devs just confirmed last stream that looping isn't bannable.
He did say it was sanctioned...
I reg'd this account ages ago, but I have up to this point posted on Steam. I am being serious. The Hag, Huntress and Spirit can either close the gap quickly or can hit at ranged, which is why they have a slower movement speed of 110%. So why then does the Clown and Hillbilly have a walking speed of 115% like the other killers but they also can quickly close the gap? Bad design.
I think clown is fine tbh, he can still get destroyed by survivors who know what they are doing so hes not overpowered, and i think if he got a speed nerf it wont change too much so there wont even be a point unless it was like 10% less speed, but that might be too extreme and make clown less fun to play since he will be too slow to end chases, i think hes at a balanced speed right now. i dont really think any killer should be nerfed since survivors are quite op as it is and nobody is doing much about that. Arent the killers meant to be op anyway? isnt that the point of taking the power role in this asymmetric game? i think somehow survivors have complained enough to the point where they are the power role now :^)
Speed of the slower killers to match the speed of the viable killer to balance the game.