Why don’t Killers like looping anymore?

It seems like most Killers don’t like good old fashioned looping anymore. They’ll leave you at the drop of a hat if you’re playing good and camp you like crazy if they can tell you’re playing bad.

Killers with anti-loop spam that stuff so hard it’s like they’re allergic to looping normally. Huntress, Doctor, Pyramid, Freddy and Billy players will go around and around for ages trying to use their power, when they could’ve just looped the standard way, ate the pallet and moved on. It’s actually crazy.

Are most Killers unconfident and rusty with their traditional looping now or what?

Comments

  • Many killers never liked looping in the first place, myself included.

    Doing circles around pallets is repetitive and boring. Especially if it is a non-mindgameable tile.

    Also for Doc or Billy it is usually better to try and hit you with their power as they need practice to do it more consistently and get better this way.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1676147#Comment_1676147

    This is highly incorrect. This might work out against some Tournament Squads (but I know, every Forum-Killer goes against them all of the time), but not in regular DBD-Games, even with SWF-included. Dropping Pallets immediatly and not killing the team by doing so would work at max on Ormond.

    Most Maps dont have many Pallets, even tho they are safe, which creates some bad situations (and honestly, there should be way more Pallets, but less safe ones) where god Survivors can run around Killers who need to break the Pallets and bad Survivors throw the few Pallets on the Map so that their team does not have any ressources left.

    Like, I regularly have games where Shack Pallet is gone at 5 Gens. Like, just thrown, who needs it anyway. So saying that Survivors can just play safe and win is not correct at all. This only works if your team is actually doing stuff AND you have the right Map for that, but I can assure you that at least the first point is not given that often.

    But a solution for that would be that instead of having 8-12 safe Pallets, every Map has like 20+ Pallets where like 2 or 3 are safe and the rest is quite unsafe. But sadly something like that would not work out since Bloodlust exists.

    I can tell you from experience, that when I play with my 4 man SWF, on the majority of map rng's, we can play extremely safe, drop pallets with minimal risk after a single loop or so, and gens will be finished in like 6 minutes with the killer only getting a hook or two. None of us are "God loopers," but we usually hit the great skillchecks and have very good communication. It takes a skilled, high tier killer to beat us, even when we're mostly just chilling.

  • @gatsby said:

    It seems like most Killers don’t like good old fashioned looping anymore. They’ll leave you at the drop of a hat if you’re playing good and camp you like crazy if they can tell you’re playing bad.

    Killers with anti-loop spam that stuff so hard it’s like they’re allergic to looping normally. Huntress, Doctor, Pyramid, Freddy and Billy players will go around and around for ages trying to use their power, when they could’ve just looped the standard way, ate the pallet and moved on. It’s actually crazy.

    Are most Killers unconfident and rusty with their traditional looping now or what?

    Because I dont like losing the game with two lousy hooks. There is a new breed of survivor, they run every second chance in the book, hold w, and know all of the loops to the last pixel.

    They chain safe loops, using their distance knowledge to never take a hit. Then they hold w while you're breaking the pallet, gaining 20 seconds of distance, then finally use a second chance to avoid going down. If you commit, you lose.

    Any decent killer will recognize one of these gamers, get a pallet, then go pressure gens and weaker survivors.

  • It’s because of the current state of game speeds and awful rng making a lot of loops still act like old school infinites

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1676433#Comment_1676433

    If you are a killer main that doesn't play an anti-loop killer and you enjoy the game, you enjoy looping, it's the main defense survivors have and is absolutely essential to core gameplay.

    I wouldn't say "like" so much as tolerate. There are times when looping gets very annoying if it's a very strong loop. It feels like there's nothing you can do at times but chase until they drop the pallet so you can destroy it.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1676051#Comment_1676051

    It is the game. Maybe take a break when feeling like that. Losing really badly because you just don’t participate in basics and ignore fundamentals is not going to relax you as killer.

    as you said yourself, some killers can manage to ignore it, and if the survivors choose to do their best to escape chases instead of just prolonging them, then sometimes, looping doesn't even come into play.

    So, saying, "It is the game" is misleading at best and false at worst. It is a component of the game that comes up quite frequently, and not knowing how to interact with it properly leads to poor performance, but there are circumstances in which it possible to ignore it.

    That's why most killers dislike Ormond (rock loops are high enough for survs to see over but not killers, loops are everywhere, survivors have super clear lines of sight, it causes fps drops for some players, etc), and it's why I dislike Yamaoka (both as survivor and killer).

    My favorite thing to do as Huntress is just chucking hatchets across the low loops on Autohaven and ignoring the usual "round and round" movements killers and survivors do unless the survivor is clever and well aware of his/her surroundings. Then, both the survivor and I get something out of the interaction.

  • I get bored with loops personally, whether I'm playing survivor or killer. I try to get rid of the pallet fast and whether or not I continue the chase depends on if the survivor is already injured as well as how much distance they gained after the pallet. If it's a wall or the shack I'll stick around to see if I can play some mindgames but I like to keep pressure on gens before pressure on one survivor unless I'm in a really good spot and can spare the time. I just wish survivors had more viable strategies to run away, or at least a more enjoyable experience when looping. It just feels like a chore to me.

  • Looping is tiring. I tend to leave someone who is running towards a tile with an abundance of pallets (safe or not), the shack or a T&L wall.

    Looping someone just isn't worth the reward of a down and/or hook especially when there are three other survivors potentially drilling out gens.

  • I don’t even get into the chase. I smack and dash.

  • I know some people think it's the most fun part of the game, but honestly I just find it kind of annoying. It's why I like Blight, I can brute force my way through a lot of tiles if there's good clutter surrounding it. A little bit of looping here or there is fine, but if a survivor is really good at it, it's like boy I sure am wasting a lot of time here when I can outplay this person more efficiently by going for a weaker survivor and then getting this good looper when they're out of position on their way back to a gen/rescue.

    As a matter of fact, I find the most effective way to hit a good looper is to just straight up leave the loop, then there's like a 50% chance I'll run into them on accident on the way to wherever I'm headed.

    Maybe when you're playing survivor and it's the only part of the game where you're really "doing" something it's different, but I'm like a busy hotel manager when I'm playing killer, ain't got time to play with you people one at a time!

  • Depends on what you mean by "looping". Using tiles in a smart, effective way to keep the Killer's weapon from touching you is normal and fine, but that's not what I consider "looping". To me, looping is when you find something like the Ironworks window or a short-wall pallet or anything safe and just hold W around it for ages because there's nothing a Killer can do to shorten that unless they have a good anti-loop power. And believe it or not, holding W until the Survivor either gets greedy and gives you a hit or drops the pallet and gains free distance isn't fun, interactive, or entertaining in any way. If I wanted to hold W for 12 years I'd go play Death Stranding.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1676147#Comment_1676147

    This is highly incorrect. This might work out against some Tournament Squads (but I know, every Forum-Killer goes against them all of the time), but not in regular DBD-Games, even with SWF-included. Dropping Pallets immediatly and not killing the team by doing so would work at max on Ormond.

    Most Maps dont have many Pallets, even tho they are safe, which creates some bad situations (and honestly, there should be way more Pallets, but less safe ones) where god Survivors can run around Killers who need to break the Pallets and bad Survivors throw the few Pallets on the Map so that their team does not have any ressources left.

    Like, I regularly have games where Shack Pallet is gone at 5 Gens. Like, just thrown, who needs it anyway. So saying that Survivors can just play safe and win is not correct at all. This only works if your team is actually doing stuff AND you have the right Map for that, but I can assure you that at least the first point is not given that often.

    But a solution for that would be that instead of having 8-12 safe Pallets, every Map has like 20+ Pallets where like 2 or 3 are safe and the rest is quite unsafe. But sadly something like that would not work out since Bloodlust exists.

    I remember one match where I went against a all no mither squad.


    First survivor I found was pallet camping the entire match and I was literally "looped" for 5 gens. I think the map was one of the coldwind maps or it might have been Yakamota.


    He'd go to a pallet, drop, go to next pallet, drop, repeat. IIRC I broke like 15 pallets or some ######### and they just kept coming.


    I think it depends on the map.

  • @gatsby said:

    It seems like most Killers don’t like good old fashioned looping anymore. They’ll leave you at the drop of a hat if you’re playing good and camp you like crazy if they can tell you’re playing bad.

    Killers with anti-loop spam that stuff so hard it’s like they’re allergic to looping normally. Huntress, Doctor, Pyramid, Freddy and Billy players will go around and around for ages trying to use their power, when they could’ve just looped the standard way, ate the pallet and moved on. It’s actually crazy.

    Are most Killers unconfident and rusty with their traditional looping now or what?

    1. When 90% of the killer roaster has to deal with looping the same way especially against 4 different survivor's! It get's annoying, old, and boring!
    2. Unmindgameable loops and loops that killer's really can't do nothing about, need to be addressed!
  • @gatsby said:

    It seems like most Killers don’t like good old fashioned looping anymore. They’ll leave you at the drop of a hat if you’re playing good and camp you like crazy if they can tell you’re playing bad.

    Killers with anti-loop spam that stuff so hard it’s like they’re allergic to looping normally. Huntress, Doctor, Pyramid, Freddy and Billy players will go around and around for ages trying to use their power, when they could’ve just looped the standard way, ate the pallet and moved on. It’s actually crazy.

    Are most Killers unconfident and rusty with their traditional looping now or what?

    Looping is a survivor tool to buy time for other survivors to complete their objectives.

    The killer objective is to kill the survivors before they finish their objective...

    Using simple deductive reasoning, it should be obvious why killers avoid extended looping.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/197467/why-don-t-killers-like-looping-anymore

    Sometimes it’s just a tiresome, mentally draining part of the game.

    Honestly clown needs a huge rework he has no map pressure at all so gets gen rushed and loses every game but he’s so strong in 1v1 they need to change him

  • Newer player but I don't really loop as killer because all you're doing is trying to get my attention. If you're trying to get my attention, it's for a reason. My guess is you want to distract me so I don't go kick the gens. But my job is to kick gens and kill you so I don't care about trying to catch you. I'll get that eventually when you run out of steam.


    A battle of attrition. I'll win. Im older and have more patience.

  • @gatsby said:

    It seems like most Killers don’t like good old fashioned looping anymore. They’ll leave you at the drop of a hat if you’re playing good and camp you like crazy if they can tell you’re playing bad.

    Killers with anti-loop spam that stuff so hard it’s like they’re allergic to looping normally. Huntress, Doctor, Pyramid, Freddy and Billy players will go around and around for ages trying to use their power, when they could’ve just looped the standard way, ate the pallet and moved on. It’s actually crazy.

    Are most Killers unconfident and rusty with their traditional looping now or what?

    What are u talking about? If ur playing good and juking the killer, THAN the killer tends to camp u.


    If ur bad, they tend to hook u and leave.

  • @TheChaddyCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1676051#Comment_1676051

    Honestly clown needs a huge rework he has no map pressure at all so gets gen rushed and loses every game but he’s so strong in 1v1 they need to change him

    I don’t get gen rushed. He’s fine. Clown only needs some very small minor changes.

  • @gatsby said:

    It seems like most Killers don’t like good old fashioned looping anymore. They’ll leave you at the drop of a hat if you’re playing good and camp you like crazy if they can tell you’re playing bad.

    Killers with anti-loop spam that stuff so hard it’s like they’re allergic to looping normally. Huntress, Doctor, Pyramid, Freddy and Billy players will go around and around for ages trying to use their power, when they could’ve just looped the standard way, ate the pallet and moved on. It’s actually crazy.

    Are most Killers unconfident and rusty with their traditional looping now or what?

    Look---I am not about to play duck duck goose with you while all five gens pop. If I think for a second that you're trying to distract me or you will be a pain to chase then I am going to move onto weaker links or guard the gens.

  • Looping has always bored me to tears. One reason I stopped being a killer main and play survivor 90% of the time now.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1676051#Comment_1676051

    It is the game. Maybe take a break when feeling like that. Losing really badly because you just don’t participate in basics and ignore fundamentals is not going to relax you as killer.

    Why did you assume their playstyle from just their comment?

  • @gatsby said:

    It seems like most Killers don’t like good old fashioned looping anymore. They’ll leave you at the drop of a hat if you’re playing good and camp you like crazy if they can tell you’re playing bad.

    Killers with anti-loop spam that stuff so hard it’s like they’re allergic to looping normally. Huntress, Doctor, Pyramid, Freddy and Billy players will go around and around for ages trying to use their power, when they could’ve just looped the standard way, ate the pallet and moved on. It’s actually crazy.

    Are most Killers unconfident and rusty with their traditional looping now or what?

    Games end too fast right now due to the gen rush meta.

    Killers will play to win and extending loops is how you lose.

    Killers got to start "Applying Pressure" after all by cutting chases short or else the survivor mains will mock and TBag them for not "Applying Pressure".


    You got what you'd want aren't you happy now?

  • A good number of my games, I play about as good as I can, run to the fastest gen with a survivor on it, get that survivor really quickly, and hook them... and 2, sometimes 3 gens pop, add-on depending. Sometimes, I'll be down to 1 gen before I've even seen 1-2 of the survivors, and I'm literally not taking any chases but sure things.

    I don't have time to loop. If you make it to a loop, you win the chase.

    I just pity anyone who plays an M1 killer against high rank survivors in this climate. No idea how you do it.

  • I only really mind the loops that are strung together to an abusable extent or the loops that have low walls/holes in the wall to where they can see you the entire time. Those aren't mind games, those are time wasters. That isn't fun.

  • when has killers even liked looping like never.

  • I don't mind a good bit of looping. Problem is that unless I'm Legion with all 3 of your mates in deep wound already or Pig with one on hook, one with a hat, and one going for the unhook... getting into a loop against someone means I'm starting to lose the game. I don't have time to get into long chases with every survivor. I just don't.

    That's why I've been playing Deathslinger more. Unless I'm off my game or you have a ridiculous structure, you simply won't be able to loop me for an extended period of time.

  • The issue now is that killers are 100% aware that every second they spend chasing one person is 3 seconds of gen time. If they chase you for 10 seconds that's 30 seconds of gen time. If a killer doesn't they'll be able to down you in a timely fashion the best bet is to just drop the chase. All that's changed is killers realizing how much time they're wasting.

  • If you can't end a chase quickly, then move on. Wasting time on a single survivor won't benefit you.

  • @gatsby said:

    It seems like most Killers don’t like good old fashioned looping anymore. They’ll leave you at the drop of a hat if you’re playing good and camp you like crazy if they can tell you’re playing bad.

    Killers with anti-loop spam that stuff so hard it’s like they’re allergic to looping normally. Huntress, Doctor, Pyramid, Freddy and Billy players will go around and around for ages trying to use their power, when they could’ve just looped the standard way, ate the pallet and moved on. It’s actually crazy.

    Are most Killers unconfident and rusty with their traditional looping now or what?

    Okay. A killer who's wise wouldnt stay in a chase that's taking them 5 minutes to just hit let alone down the survivor. A killer's objective is to prevent generators and exit gates from opening and sacrificing. However, if a survivor is just too good at evading then a killer should end chase and go patrol generators to find another person to hook. It's not a matter of being rusty or smth it's "what is the right play here". And endless loops with a survivor isnt the right playstyle.

  • Is this real, looping had been the bane of killers everywhere since the start, of course killers don't like looping, it's a waste of time better spent elsewhere.

    Sure you can get someone in a loop but if you can see the survivor is too good to catch off gaurd you change targets.

  • Wait,


    Killer liked looping? When did that happened?

    After the first few pallet reductions?

    After removing the pallet vacuum?

    After increasing the distance pallets can spawn to each other?

    Before spirit fury got released and enduring buffed?

    Before a new hex perk got released which blocks pallets after getting hit?

    After reducing the looping cash aka reducing the strenght of different loops?

    After making new maps with a bunch of very weak pallets?


    So all those changes to make pallets more fair, when exactly loved killers to loop the whole night?

  • @gatsby said:

    It seems like most Killers don’t like good old fashioned looping anymore. They’ll leave you at the drop of a hat if you’re playing good and camp you like crazy if they can tell you’re playing bad.

    Killers with anti-loop spam that stuff so hard it’s like they’re allergic to looping normally. Huntress, Doctor, Pyramid, Freddy and Billy players will go around and around for ages trying to use their power, when they could’ve just looped the standard way, ate the pallet and moved on. It’s actually crazy.

    Are most Killers unconfident and rusty with their traditional looping now or what?

    I never once liked looping, people complain that a killer camping/tunneling ruins the fun but it's a strategy to endlessly loop a killer regardless of how unfun it is. Certain loops were broken and would make it near impossible to catch someone and if everyone runs to the same loo then why bother.

  • I've just gotten so tired of it after 3 years. You either pay the killers who can deal with it or run in circles half the game. It's not really the loops though, like I've said before it's the amount of loops and pallets. If they were cut down just a tiny bit to make it matter if a pallet was dropped it'd make the game much healthier. There would be more interaction, a larger variety of killers, and more fun. With every survivor having a string of tiles to chain it just gets dull. Make it matter if loop is destroyed and you'll get the tension and sense of urgency back. Make killer scary again! Right now survivors have all the loops and pathing memorized and as killer you just go through the motions. It wouldn't even really be a nerf. It would breathe life back into the game for people like me and many others I know who have all but quit.

1 2 ›