BHVR listening mostly to survivors

Well lets make this quick unlike my 3 other tries to type this

Anyone who plays this game often and is in the community knows behaviour favors the survivor's words more then killer and for that I say it's not right but it is way more fair then if they favored killer since well killers won't complain about their killer being op all they would have to do is complain about a survivor perk that counters their ability like calm sprit against doctor and then it would kill the survivors ability to have a fighting chance but when behavior favors survivor it hasn't killed the game and I don't see it happening anytime soon

Conclusion I suck at ending these things but instead of going crazy in the comments talk about this like civilized humans because I want to hear what you think and hear your criticism but please don't be too hard on eachother this is just for conversation

Edit: made it easier to read

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675176#Comment_1675176

    I don't know how far back we should go, but I know the plague chapter was over a year ago at this point, maybe we should go as far back as the silent Hill chapter.

    Do you really think four months are a good enough window? That's 8 patches, not including the PTB. DbD's had 18 so far this year, not including PTBs.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675155#Comment_1675155

    I really dislike it when people pull the vet card and use that to back up their opinion, I think orion is alright, because he always remains constructive.

    Dbd is not a very difficult game to understand, and being a vet doesn't ever make your opinion more valid than anyone else's.

    Yeah I dont dislike orion he isnt bad he can dash some really good points. That vet card is weird to say the least atleast for me. It doesnt make you any better or special than me.

    Like you said just because you bought the game earlier does not mean your opinion is fact. It also doesnt mean you have to treat us as lesser.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675181#Comment_1675181

    Do you really think four months are a good enough window? That's 8 patches, not including the PTB. DbD's had 18 so far this year, not including PTBs.

    I'm not sure, I will let you decide when it comes to that orion, I have to do more research to see how far back we have to go 😅

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675159#Comment_1675159

    Yeah I dont dislike orion he isnt bad he can dash some really good points. That vet card is weird to say the least atleast for me. It doesnt make you any better or special than me.

    Like you said just because you bought the game earlier does not mean your opinion is fact. It also doesnt mean you have to treat us as lesser.

    When it comes to knowing about events from 30 years ago, would you trust a random person who's 15 years old, or a random person who's 40 years old?

    Being vets makes us more likely to know the game's history, whether you like it or not. And that's what's being discussed here, the game's history. Not opinions on whether some changes were good or attempted rationalizations for why blatant displays of bias were actually because of something else.

    Just for the record, nobody's treating you as lesser. We're saying we know DbD's history because we lived it. You, on the other hand, are saying our experience of DbD's history is irrelevant and that we should "learn" about it from you.

  • 4,200 hours later and I don’t agree that devs play the favoritism card. I believe this community has become so divided because of the constant us vs them mentality they try to perpetuate on the daily.

    Ps. I can’t believe this is your first post btw.

  • @Khar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675155#Comment_1675155

    And you picking it up recently means you're ignorant to everything that preceded you. Veteran players are the ones who have the most experience with the game. As Orion said, we lived it. In a video game, that should mean more. Unfortunately, this thread has newbies who likely never watched the weekly streams throughout the years to see and hear what the devs chose to change and their reasons for doing it. Probably why there's so many people bitching about the forums filled with crybaby killers, because people picking up the game and want to play killer learn fast what the seasoned DBDers already know. 😏

    I picked it up 3 years ago not recently. You are very keen on having a moral high ground. Actually you have a superiority complex. You played in a video game in 2016 nothing more nothing less. New killer and survivor mains can be annoying but you cant blame them they joined dbd in an awkward time.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675159#Comment_1675159

    Yeah I dont dislike orion he isnt bad he can dash some really good points. That vet card is weird to say the least atleast for me. It doesnt make you any better or special than me.

    You being newer shouldn't mean that Orion's experience should be thrown out either, just because you joined later. 4 years experience that they're giving as input into the topic and you want to disregard it.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675155#Comment_1675155

    I was stating facts about DbD's history, that's it. His point is irrelevant because it was never about that.

    • The devs said a 3-second stun was OK without Enduring.
    • The devs buffed DS to 5 seconds because of Enduring.
    • The devs nerfed Enduring because it was too strong against stun perks.
    • DS was never reverted to its 3-second stun even though the reason for the buff to 5 seconds no longer existed (i.e.: Enduring no longer affected it).

    These are the indisputable facts that I've been stating. So what am I supposed to learn regarding these facts?

    Maybe the devs forgot and/or didn´t notice. You know, like when they thought that Lightborn actually did something against Flashlights.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675168#Comment_1675168

    I picked it up 3 years ago not recently. You are very keen on having a moral high ground. Actually you have a superiority complex. You played in a video game in 2016 nothing more nothing less. New killer and survivor mains can be annoying but you cant blame them they joined dbd in an awkward time.

    I'll take the moral high ground, because I'm getting the impression that you're saying my opinion doesn't matter because I'm using the whole of my DBD experience and not just what's current.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675186#Comment_1675186

    When it comes to knowing about events from 30 years ago, would you trust a random person who's 15 years old, or a random person who's 40 years old?

    Being vets makes us more likely to know the game's history, whether you like it or not. And that's what's being discussed here, the game's history. Not opinions on whether some changes were good or attempted rationalizations for why blatant displays of bias were actually because of something else.

    Just for the record, nobody's treating you as lesser. We're saying we know DbD's history because we lived it. You, on the other hand, are saying our experience of DbD's history is irrelevant and that we should "learn" about it from you.

    None of this is relevant to what to what I said. All km saying is that the 5 second stun ds has is justified and you calling it favoritism isnt correct. Yes you lived through dbd history but I dont really care honestly.

    This isnt a discussion about history and the history you mention date backa1 year which alot of people hav elived through sok what does the vet card have to do there?

  • @MrLimonka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675117#Comment_1675117

    I mean, like I said, if the survivor decides to not heal, they will be vulnerable if they decide to work on a gen. If you catch them off guard, or the gen is in a dead zone, then it's an easy down for you. It's up to you as a killer to take advantage of it. Isn't it?

    Sounds good. Doesn´t work.

    Survivors that play like this usually are SWF and have the Adrenaline backup. So there isn´t much of a surprise here.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675155#Comment_1675155

    I was stating facts about DbD's history, that's it. His point is irrelevant because it was never about that.

    • The devs said a 3-second stun was OK without Enduring.
    • The devs buffed DS to 5 seconds because of Enduring.
    • The devs nerfed Enduring because it was too strong against stun perks.
    • DS was never reverted to its 3-second stun even though the reason for the buff to 5 seconds no longer existed (i.e.: Enduring no longer affected it).

    These are the indisputable facts that I've been stating. So what am I supposed to learn regarding these facts?

    Yes I agree these are objective statements a I said was that the 5 seconds was left there to give survivors more time to escape when the animation ate up alot of it.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675185#Comment_1675185

    I'm not sure, I will let you decide when it comes to that orion, I have to do more research to see how far back we have to go 😅

    Well, like I said, this Enduring change, which is from early 2019, was the most blatant display of favoritism I've seen in recent DbD history. I don't think "early 2019" was that long ago.

  • @buzzygoat said:

    Well lets make this quick unlike my 3 other tries to type this

    Anyone who plays this game often and is in the community knows behaviour favors the survivor's words more then killer and for that I say it's not right but it is way more fair then if they favored killer since well killers won't complain about their killer being op all they would have to do is complain about a survivor perk that counters their ability like calm sprit against doctor and then it would kill the survivors ability to have a fighting chance but when behavior favors survivor it hasn't killed the game and I don't see it happening anytime soon

    Conclusion I suck at ending these things but instead of going crazy in the comments talk about this like civilized humans because I want to hear what you think and hear your criticism but please don't be too hard on eachother this is just for conversation

    Edit: made it easier to read

    You might be really new to the game to say this. So for your information, here are the big changes that happened in the game :

    • devs made a change to the number of pallets, there are less pallets now
    • devs changed the way the pallets work, no "void" anymore
    • hits are still killer sided
    • "infinites" have been removed
    • all survivor's items have been nerfed : falshlight ,heal kit and tool box
    • flashlight saves nerfed with the speed of the killer's "taking up" the downed survivor
    • DS nerfed, DH never work, unhook invincibility never works
    • Maps got nerfed and became smaller
    • New map variations are killer sided
    • New maps are often killer sided
    • unsafe loops have been implemented
    • one shot addons still existing

    Well i could continue but the list is way too long...

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675189#Comment_1675189

    None of this is relevant to what to what I said. All km saying is that the 5 second stun ds has is justified and you calling it favoritism isnt correct. Yes you lived through dbd history but I dont really care honestly.

    This isnt a discussion about history and the history you mention date backa1 year which alot of people hav elived through sok what does the vet card have to do there?

    What you said isn't relevant to what the argument actually is.

    This is indeed a discussion about history, since it's about the devs showing favoritism toward one side or the other. How are you going to establish favoritism (or lack thereof) when it comes to how things are changed if you're unwilling to look at how things have been changed over the years?

    The devs' justifications for the changes are there for all to see. Saying that a 5-second stun is fine in your opinion does not change the fact that they thought it was fine at 3 seconds, but buffed it to 5 because of Enduring and then never nerfed it back to 3 seconds even after the reason for keeping it at 5 seconds was gone.

    This was favoritism, and your opinion that a 5-second stun is fine doesn't mean anything because this is not about your opinion of the devs' changes, this is about the devs' opinion of their own changes.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675142#Comment_1675142

    Sounds good. Doesn´t work.

    Survivors that play like this usually are SWF and have the Adrenaline backup. So there isn´t much of a surprise here.

    Well... Adrenaline only comes to play when there is only 1 gen left. Not to mention the survivors have to have it in the first place.

    And the fact that someone plays in a SWF doesn't change the fact that an injured survivor working on a gen will be vulnerable. Maybe if there are two survivors, then one can try to bodyblock, but then again solo players in red ranks probably would do the same

  • @Khar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675186#Comment_1675186

    You being newer shouldn't mean that Orion's experience should be thrown out either, just because you joined later. 4 years experience that they're giving as input into the topic and you want to disregard it.

    I'm not disregarding Orion's experience. All I did was simply state why I think him claiming the devs showed favoritism was wrong.

    @Khar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675195#Comment_1675195

    I'll take the moral high ground, because I'm getting the impression that you're saying my opinion doesn't matter because I'm using the whole of my DBD experience and not just what's current.

    Never said your opinion didnt matter. But you are acting superior because of your veteran status. I'm guessing you own a legacy correct?

    I bet that really gets you going huh? All I said to you was that I dont care if you are a vet or not you arent more right than anyone. Tru3tal3nt for example I seen him get ran for like 2 minutes on and unsafe pallet. Then he has the audacity to act like its swf or be constantly goes against top teams.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1674760#Comment_1674760

    • Moris have been nerfed. They didn't require a hook at all when the game was released.
    • Nurse has been nerfed a few times. She used to have 3 blinks, then 2, and now her blinks are on a timer.
    • NOED has been nerfed a few times. It used to be infinite, then lasted for 2 minutes, and is now a Hex perk.
    • Matchmaking is a coding issue, not related to balance. Everyone suffers from bad matchmaking.

    Come on you know what I mean lol

    That's like me saying "Why would they nerf DS? It's already been nerfed before". I can also apply that to any exhaustion perk (exhaustion nerf) and to BT (BT nerf).

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675196#Comment_1675196

    I'm not disregarding Orion's experience. All I did was simply state why I think him claiming the devs showed favoritism was wrong.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675201#Comment_1675201

    Never said your opinion didnt matter. But you are acting superior because of your veteran status. I'm guessing you own a legacy correct?

    I bet that really gets you going huh? All I said to you was that I dont care if you are a vet or not you arent more right than anyone. Tru3tal3nt for example I seen him get ran for like 2 minutes on and unsafe pallet. Then he has the audacity to act like its swf or be constantly goes against top teams.

    I'm acting superior because I think you wanting to toss out all 4 years of DBD development in a thread about the devs showing a survivor bias is an inferior stance to take. And hilarious! 🙃

  • The idea the devs favorite one side over the other really just depends on buffs and nerfs that the community regularly catalogs as "proof".

    I don't think I've ever heard them outright admit that they prefer one role over the other, despite being the devs of the game itself. Anything that proves otherwise is just patch notes for certain things that get buffed and nerfed, but nobody really knows how they feel about either role. I personally don't believe they have favoritism over one role than the other, but people can feel free to speculate... I guess.

    If they ever did mention this, I've never heard it or it wasn't from recent years... unless I missed it.

  • @FireHazard said:

    The idea the devs favorite one side over the other really just depends on buffs and nerfs that the community regularly catalogs as "proof".

    I don't think I've ever heard them outright admit that they prefer one role over the other, despite being the devs of the game itself. Anything that proves otherwise is just patch notes for certain things that get buffed and nerfed, but nobody really knows how they feel about either role. I personally don't believe they have favoritism over one role than the other, but people can feel free to speculate... I guess.

    If they ever did mention this, I've never heard it or it wasn't from recent years... unless I missed it.

    Just for the record, I don't think they intentionally favor either side, but it's hard to look at their history and not see some favoritism toward survivors.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675234#Comment_1675234

    Just for the record, I don't think they intentionally favor either side, but it's hard to look at their history and not see some favoritism toward survivors.

    Well, the way I look at it is that they've never directly stated that they prefer one side over the other, regardless of the changes they implemented or the views they've shared about said changes over the years. It's unknown if they really do prefer a specific side, but I can see what you mean when some people bring up these examples when the topic is discussed.

    It does make you wonder what's going on behind the scenes when some of these changes are implemented, but again, we'll probably never know for sure.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675202#Comment_1675202

    What you said isn't relevant to what the argument actually is.

    This is indeed a discussion about history, since it's about the devs showing favoritism toward one side or the other. How are you going to establish favoritism (or lack thereof) when it comes to how things are changed if you're unwilling to look at how things have been changed over the years?

    The devs' justifications for the changes are there for all to see. Saying that a 5-second stun is fine in your opinion does not change the fact that they thought it was fine at 3 seconds, but buffed it to 5 because of Enduring and then never nerfed it back to 3 seconds even after the reason for keeping it at 5 seconds was gone.

    This was favoritism, and your opinion that a 5-second stun is fine doesn't mean anything because this is not about your opinion of the devs' changes, this is about the devs' opinion of their own changes.

    The devs thoughts and opinions change Orion. They added busted things to the survivor side thinking it was fine only to remove it later because it wasnt. I'm simply using logic to back up my claim. If the devs didnt want the 5 second stun to stay they would change it plain and simple. I'm keeping this short because I'm busy and also there is no need. Just use your head.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675218#Comment_1675218

    The devs thoughts and opinions change Orion. They added busted things to the survivor side thinking it was fine only to remove it later because it wasnt. I'm simply using logic to back up my claim. If the devs didnt want the 5 second stun to stay they would change it plain and simple. I'm keeping this short because I'm busy and also there is no need. Just use your head.

    Do you remember MoM? Everybody told them how broken it was, they still added it, please do not tell me cause they thought it was fine. Because there is no way that anybody thought that this perk was fine when it was released from a game balance perspective.

    It was changed later, after enough people bought the dlc. That ignored the game balance for weeks.

    Orion just simply explained reasoning for changes, never did he talk down on you @azame and he sure has not a superiority complex. Have you studied psychology to even make such a statement? Because you missed the point completely, he and the others never said vets opinion is worth more than from new people, just that he can actually give abit more inside to changes of the game which you missed out on since you were not around. The devs talked a whole lot, answered lots of questions, he just repeats what was said and that has nothing to do with opinion.

    This is also how so much unvoluntary comedy came to be, stuff like this for example https://youtu.be/qnwdPlx9yR4

    So honestly, say thanks instead of feeling insulted because there were none made to you.

    @Orion I assumed at some point you would bash your head into your keyboard, props to you that you didn't.

  • @Katzengott said:

    SWFs wasn't touched once since it was released. Good Survs are breaking the game by just holding W and doing there objectives. Most killers don't have enough time and feel forced to tunnel and/or camp. After the Ruin nerf they have the Undying/Ruin (which is actually map pressure) clusterfix, but it's getting boring for both sides (same 2-3 perks everytime). Because it doesn't change the foundation, the reason why gens can go so fast.

    It was buffed, it used to have a limit where the matchmaking would match you with the highest rank in the group, which they removed

  • @buzzygoat said:

    Well lets make this quick unlike my 3 other tries to type this

    Anyone who plays this game often and is in the community knows behaviour favors the survivor's words more then killer and for that I say it's not right but it is way more fair then if they favored killer since well killers won't complain about their killer being op all they would have to do is complain about a survivor perk that counters their ability like calm sprit against doctor and then it would kill the survivors ability to have a fighting chance but when behavior favors survivor it hasn't killed the game and I don't see it happening anytime soon

    Conclusion I suck at ending these things but instead of going crazy in the comments talk about this like civilized humans because I want to hear what you think and hear your criticism but please don't be too hard on eachother this is just for conversation

    Edit: made it easier to read

    You’re so wrong though 😂 killers have it so good in this game it’s ridiculous. Especially if you’re going up against all solo survivors the odds of them winning are like less than 1%. Killers are so OP 🤦🏽 I play killer survivors get smacked every game. It’s too easy to find them, too easy to down them, too easy to kill them. You’re gifted Mori’s, powerful add ons and abilities and insane speed defending 1-2 ways for them to escape. 2 if they have a key so they have to get lucky out of a chest or bring one and they might not even get to use it. and you’re going to tell me killers do not have enough? Jason in Friday 13 has to defend like 5 different ways - two cars, a boat, cops and waiting out the timer in order for 8 counselors, including Jarvis to escape. Oh, and they can kill Jason too. Boo boo you can’t kill anyone as a killer in this game all I can say is get better. It’s practically handed to you on a silver platter.

  • Right, because this year alone we totally didn't have any survivor nerfs because people who play killer, myself included, had been saying certain things were too strong/maps were too badly balanced. Nope, didn't happen and hasn't happened almost every patch this year, at all. /s

  • I also think like thread starter... My Myers ( main Myers) now become a joke killer after hex ruin reworked....

    Gen rush everywhere, every time , and every match....

    I miss long match with old ruin as first objective....

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1674540#Comment_1674540

    Wrong. Here's the timeline, starting with when DS was released:

    1. DS released.
    2. DS buffed and nerfed a few times, ending with the current version, but with a 3-second stun.
    3. DS buffed to 5 seconds explicitly because it was too weak with Enduring affecting it.
    4. Enduring nerfed to no longer affect stun perks.
    5. DS remains at 5 seconds.

    This, to me, was the most blatant display of favoritism in recent DbD years (not that there are many of them).

    Not to mention the recent nerf to Pop goes the weasel, and thanatophobia, but they didn't nerf ds or change any meta survivor perks.

1 2 3 ›