Something's got to be done about slugging

I'm not talking about slugging 1 person for a little extra pressure. I'm talking about Leatherface or another killer ending a game in 1 or 2 minutes because the survivors physically can't get each other up before he comes back to them. Most of us agree that is not how the game should be played and isn't fun for anyone. My solution is to make a survivor's dying state recovery speed increase per downed survivor. In my opinion that would punish mass sluggers without encroaching too much on regular old slugging someone because of DS. A killer should 4k win with 9+ hooks as is intended, not 3 or 4 hooks or bleed outs.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    I'm not talking about slugging 1 person for a little extra pressure. I'm talking about Leatherface or another killer ending a game in 1 or 2 minutes because the survivors physically can't get each other up before he comes back to them. Most of us agree that is not how the game should be played and isn't fun for anyone. My solution is to make a survivor's dying state recovery speed increase per downed survivor. In my opinion that would punish mass sluggers without encroaching too much on regular old slugging someone because of DS. A killer should 4k win with 9+ hooks as is intended, not 3 or 4 hooks or bleed outs.

    I agree with this because I know how annoying it can be.

  • @Ax3ra said:

    You want to do what now. They already nerfed pop and now you want to make the killer’s job harder?

    Never agreed with that nerf. Games are too fast as is.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    "KILLER MUST PICK ME UP FOR MY FREE DS ESCAPE REEE."

    Your punishment for getting caught is being at the mercy of the killer. They can leave you and others slugged all game if they want. If your team is bad, then blame them for not picking you up. Ultimately its your fault for getting downed.

    Also blame the devs for leaving the game in such a ridiculous state where the only safe play Killers get mid/late game is to Slug, killers need to prevent the hatch from spawning as the final survivor half the time is camping its location. Nothing on the slugging side needs to be changed, DS on the other hand being abused to hell and back needs to be hard nerfed which would massively reduce slugging.

    Never said anything about DS. In fact, nobody got a chance to use it because they either got 1-hooked or DCd.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    Slugging is one of the very few counter to a top tier swf , exactly why I run infectious fright on nurse because you're not winning the game 3 hooking everyone and the death squads will have the gens done in less than 5 minutes , you have to play a killer that can keep up with the pressure once you get to red ranks or you'll be staring at a open exit gate getting t bagged every match

    Either buff up your gen pressure or just quit playing killer. Wwf is for survivor to get fens done and not get slugged. Period.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661246#Comment_1661246

    The fact that it can happen is wrong. Killers often say "You have X perk and Y perk to counter this situation" but we can't have every perk equipped that we need. There's bad matchups. If you bring healing stuff, oh it's a Plague so you lose. If you don't bring any anti-slug and they slug, oh well you lose. If you bring a flashlight and it's a Hag or Wraith, oh well they lose. Games are decided too much by matchup rng.

    That's almost like saying you have to always be able to counter every killer. It's never going to the case. Even killers sometimes don't have the right perk build for the particular map or survivors. If it happens to them it'll also happen to you. And no, I'm not a main of either. All this BS of sides and having to be better is pointless. We're all here because we want to play the game. So let's ******* play it and enjoy it!

  • @evil_one_74 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/196026/somethings-got-to-be-done-about-slugging

    Agreed.... Sadly, some killers try to end it before it even begins, and they get their fun from that. I can't stand it. It's no fun at all. I like your idea about a faster recovery speed. My wife had this idea, and I'm with her. After being slugged for x amount of time ( say 15 seconds ) you get up automatically. Anytime you're slugged. I know that would cancel out unbreakable and no mither, but think about it. Killers would lose their minds. They would have to put in some skill, and effort to get kills. Take away unbreakable and no mither, and replace them with two different perks.

    Thats gonna become a real mess. You might want to fully think through all the ramifications of anything that gets suggested. So now, you automatically get up after 15 seconds. Well, did you ever think that the killer might farm downs? And there's nothing you'd be able to do to stop it. They could walk you halfway to a hook and drop you because they know you'll automatically get up. That now prevents you from ever having a chance to wiggle out. They can always get basement hooks. So, you really sure that'll be a smart idea now?

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662649#Comment_1662649

    Uhh no? The only thing I don't approve of body blocking, Killers absolutely should not do that as it's holding the game hostage. Other than that you're describing a killer playing the game. I hate it when a SWF bodyblock me as a unit, I despise it just as much as getting camped as it's annoying and they always know where to find me in order to do it too. But I get it, they're creatively implementing ways to win the match.

    Thats more of a double standard. "We can, but they can't." C'mon, really? It can be used creatively on both sides. Survivors might do it to protect someone and killers will use it to prevent something. These ideas that there's some kind of set of do's and dont's is despicable. The only parameters to how you have to play are intended game mechanics. As long as something is still feasible and allowed through said parameters it's game. Survivors are given the capability to survive and killers are given the tools with which to kill the survivors.

  • @Zeezy4Squeezy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/196026/somethings-got-to-be-done-about-slugging

    I definitely agree. And killers complain about DS, chill it's five seconds, you can still change a survivor. They usually tunnel you anyway after using DS. And When you get slugged and have unbreakable, they come after you again just to down you again. It's not community rules, it's to make it fun for everyone and any toxic killer who says otherwise can suck a dick.

    My only real issue is with the last part. If the game is supposed to be fun for all parties involved, then clearly you have to be able handle what gets dished out. Yes there are toxic killers who's sole enjoyment is ruining any particular players experience, but there's also survivors who do it. There's a possible reason as to why you would chase the person with ds. You now know its inactive and you know where they are. And I feel the idea of it only being five seconds might be a bit selective. Those five seconds give way to a whole chase. Same with unbreakable. It helps lengthen the match by delaying a hook. Now, I'm not here to say you can't use anything, but there's always going to be ramifications for any action. Makes you wonder why after using ds it makes you the obsession. Hmmm, I wonder.

  • It's a legit strategy that has a counter. You just gotta do better situational awareness.

  • @Zeezy4Squeezy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1660202#Comment_1660202

    Slugging is a pussy move all around. Either buff up your gen pressure or just quit playing killer. Wwf is for survivor to get fens done and not get slugged. Period.

    Slugging is pressuring gens or have you never played killer before ? When you run infectious fright you down one person then go to the others nearby revealed that's how it works , I'm not here to hold your hand and sing songs I'm gonna end it as fast as possible so you better be doing the damn gens or you'll play worm simulator every time

  • just give survivors a gun

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    I'm not talking about slugging 1 person for a little extra pressure. I'm talking about Leatherface or another killer ending a game in 1 or 2 minutes because the survivors physically can't get each other up before he comes back to them. Most of us agree that is not how the game should be played and isn't fun for anyone. My solution is to make a survivor's dying state recovery speed increase per downed survivor. In my opinion that would punish mass sluggers without encroaching too much on regular old slugging someone because of DS. A killer should 4k win with 9+ hooks as is intended, not 3 or 4 hooks or bleed outs.

    Slugging is so easy to counter, fully recover, crawl away, don't go near a downed person if the killer is nearby, like for real, you're not gonna get slugged if you're tryna get a person up when the killer isn't nearby are you? Slugging is the least of issues with the game right now, especially considering unbreakable is found in 99% of games, most of the time with soul guard too.

  • @Mario36719 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662667#Comment_1662667

    Thats more of a double standard. "We can, but they can't." C'mon, really? It can be used creatively on both sides. Survivors might do it to protect someone and killers will use it to prevent something. These ideas that there's some kind of set of do's and dont's is despicable. The only parameters to how you have to play are intended game mechanics. As long as something is still feasible and allowed through said parameters it's game. Survivors are given the capability to survive and killers are given the tools with which to kill the survivors.

    I get what you're saying and I feel you, but I only ever see Killers block people in the basement then just sit there which is uncool. It's different from the body blocking survivors do. That's what I meant really.

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663696#Comment_1663696

    I get what you're saying and I feel you, but I only ever see Killers block people in the basement then just sit there which is uncool. It's different from the body blocking survivors do. That's what I meant really.

    It's all good. Any discussion where it's not a screaming contest is overly welcome. I get what you mean though.

  • It's not whether your good or not. Some killers are just too opeeeee. The good perks the survivors have don't even matter because the killers over power there's now. Like when exposed isn't activated and they can see you where you are without you leaving scratch marks or them not even chasing or seeing you at all. The speed and skill for the killers was fine before this update that was done. Another issue is the back stab perk not working when it should.

  • A single hook per survivor was just as intended (if not significantly more intended) than more than two hooks per survivor. I, personally, hate having twelve hook games as survivor because I know I should have been dead long ago. I'm not a match for the killer, and not dying sooner is nothing short of deception of the worth of your skill.

    Edit: but slugging all four survivors for the win without performing any hooks in the interim is not intended.

  • @Mario36719 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1664504#Comment_1664504

    It's all good. Any discussion where it's not a screaming contest is overly welcome. I get what you mean though.

    Yeah, I'm trying to get better about that.

  • @RisPot said:

    I once put the two iri add-ons on Bubba and had all 4 survivors literally run straight at me 30 seconds into the game. So I downed them all in a matter of like 15 seconds. Sometimes you don't need to slug, cause survivors think can outplay you before knowing your build. 2 were trying to do the sprint burst turn around bit, but when I downed one guy and got back all my charges, it didn't help them. I'm not saying it will be this way every time, of course. But take a moment to figure out the killer's build and adjust your strategy accordingly to avoid mass sluggings and the like.

    I have slightly similar things happen when I play Clown: they act like I’m not a threat. Which is their mistake when they all start going down very quickly.

  • @Zeezy4Squeezy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1660202#Comment_1660202

    Slugging is a pussy move all around. Either buff up your gen pressure or just quit playing killer. Wwf is for survivor to get fens done and not get slugged. Period.

    You have zero clue how to play killer against highly competitive, highly coordinated, highly efficient survivors at high ranks If that’s what you firmly believe.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Slugging isn't the problem, it is the devs fault for buffing killer too much indirectly through a series of unnecessary survivor nerfs alongside too many killer buffs. Look at Freddy and Doctor. Huntress has never been touched since she was released and look how much survivors have been nerfed since then.

    Either play with friends or play ez mode killer if you don't like being slugged all the time.

    LOL "EZ Mode" you funny

  • @nea_the_entity said:

    Im just gonna say this I hate I mean HATE how I lose my rank just because I get tunneled an moried and I mean I can't do a gen and the killer obviously isn't gonna down another survivor anytime soon and another thing I hate how myers instead of trying to hit survivor he basically just stalks until he gets tier 3 and when it stops he stalks until he has it again. The game is not bad other than wait time, campers, sluggers, and toxic killers.

    Ummm yeah, that's how Myers powers work?

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663634#Comment_1663634

    You have zero clue how to play killer against highly competitive, highly coordinated, highly efficient survivors at high ranks If that’s what you firmly believe.

    And you have proven to me that you are on of those killers. I can get a 4k without slugging. Sooo, what's your excuse? Also don't tell me what I can and cannot believe or tell me I'm wrong, don't be part of the problem Slugger.

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1662649#Comment_1662649

    Uhh no? The only thing I don't approve of body blocking, Killers absolutely should not do that as it's holding the game hostage. Other than that you're describing a killer playing the game. I hate it when a SWF bodyblock me as a unit, I despise it just as much as getting camped as it's annoying and they always know where to find me in order to do it too. But I get it, they're creatively implementing ways to win the match.

    That's also what I mean when killers body block they r being an ahole. Survs shouldnt block either, but they can try to get a protection hit since there is an achieve for that. And the option to opt out of out of network players doesnt even work.

  • Of course, a 4K slug within the first 2-3 mins of the game is fine but when gens get done it’s “GeNrUsHiNg”.

1 2 3 ›