Rise of Object of Obsession

Hello People of the Fog!

Has someone else noticed an extreme Rise in Object users?

I mean, before I rarely saw Object and now I played 5 Matches of Killer with 4 Matches including at least 1 Object. In one there were even 2.

Does someone else get this extremely fun experience?

I really hope this Perk will be changed VERY soon, it gets really annoying. I'd rather face 1000 DS's than 1 Object.


I pretty much banned this Perk out of my Loadouts because I know how unfun it is to vs.

If it keeps happening, you'll see one less Killer for now because I won't play against bs like that.

Comments

  • Object is only annoying if you make it annoying. My strategies when I play killer against object are to either chase the object first and risk losing a couple gens depending on how long the chase(s) last or ignore the object the whole game and go for someone else and then chase them later when you have high pressure (and yes I understand it can be annoying because the object will just stare at you sitting on gen to gen).

  • @MrDardon said:

    Hello People of the Fog!

    Has someone else noticed an extreme Rise in Object users?

    I mean, before I rarely saw Object and now I played 5 Matches of Killer with 4 Matches including at least 1 Object. In one there were even 2.

    Does someone else get this extremely fun experience?

    I really hope this Perk will be changed VERY soon, it gets really annoying. I'd rather face 1000 DS's than 1 Object.

    I pretty much banned this Perk out of my Loadouts because I know how unfun it is to vs.

    If it keeps happening, you'll see one less Killer for now because I won't play against bs like that.

    You probably just entered that magical sweet spot where you're encountering the SWFs running it... or you're just dealing with random people messing around because it's not nearly that strong without info share to the other 3 survivors.

    I've had a pretty high encounter rate with OoO for awhile since Descend Beyond's drop and I'm now over 330 games with the same stuff for the main part if I'm on killer

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194632/the-latest-survivor-meta-snapshot-with-excel-data/p1?new=1

  • Yes I have noticed that more people are using OoO then complaining about being tunneled, good thing I play PH, Nurse and Oni so it doesn't affect me as much, I don't use trapper for the same reason since OoO just affects him that much.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    Object is only annoying if you make it annoying. My strategies when I play killer against object are to either chase the object first and risk losing a couple gens depending on how long the chase(s) last or ignore the object the whole game and go for someone else and then chase them later when you have high pressure (and yes I understand it can be annoying because the object will just stare at you sitting on gen to gen).

    It's not just annoying because of them staring at me, if they are in a SWF (which I don't know) they get to much information and if you play Trapper or Hag, God bless you. It's an extremely unhealthy Perk, even more than DS.

  • @ZCerebrate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/195825/rise-of-object-of-obsession

    You probably just entered that magical sweet spot where you're encountering the SWFs running it... or you're just dealing with random people messing around because it's not nearly that strong without info share to the other 3 survivors.

    I've had a pretty high encounter rate with OoO for awhile since Descend Beyond's drop and I'm now over 330 games with the same stuff for the main part if I'm on killer

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194632/the-latest-survivor-meta-snapshot-with-excel-data/p1?new=1

    I had it yesterday as well. I stopped playing because of the frustration. Today again, did I get cursed in some sort or idk. Today was even worse, I had 2 Strode Key's getting dropped 2 Matches after another. If I can't get normal games I'll quit until they change those poorly designed things.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    Yes I have noticed that more people are using OoO then complaining about being tunneled, good thing I play PH, Nurse and Oni so it doesn't affect me as much, I don't use trapper for the same reason since OoO just affects him that much.

    Yeah, but it's still to much info if combined with SWF. And why would someone run Object in solo except for taunting and bullying purposes?

  • I feel like when word started spreading about this perk on midwich it gave the perk a boost in popularity even outside of midwich offerings.

    Of course lets not overreact. Its not like it breaks the game with swf and is considered one of, if not the most annoying perk in the game. The developers have bigger priorities as you can see from all the perk changes they’ve made recently.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    I feel like when word started spreading about this perk on midwich it gave the perk a boost in popularity even outside of midwich offerings.

    Of course lets not overreact. Its not like it breaks the game with swf and is considered one of, if not the most annoying perk in the game. The developers have bigger priorities as you can see from all the perk changes they’ve made recently.

    Maybe try and face multiple Objects after another and see how fun it is. I might be overreacting but in that case I won't just swallow it. It makes me insane seeing how People enjoy being toxic.

    And saying "I want to learn chases" is some other level lie. It's the same as those People who say "I drop Haddonfield because I like the Map" yeah sure dude.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1657772#Comment_1657772

    Maybe try and face multiple Objects after another and see how fun it is. I might be overreacting but in that case I won't just swallow it. It makes me insane seeing how People enjoy being toxic.

    And saying "I want to learn chases" is some other level lie. It's the same as those People who say "I drop Haddonfield because I like the Map" yeah sure dude.

    Pretty sure ClickyClicky was being sarcastic.

  • Might be, but observing Sarcasm from a Text is hard because you don't know if People are sarcastic or not.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1657777#Comment_1657777

    Might be, but observing Sarcasm from a Text is hard because you don't know if People are sarcastic or not.

    Indeed. I guess I'm mostly hoping that it was sarcasm.

  • No wonder that survivors start fighting fire with fire. Most games as survivors are utterly garbage due to camping, tunneling, slugging and killer running the most unfair loadouts.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1657779#Comment_1657779

    Indeed. I guess I'm mostly hoping that it was sarcasm.

    Yeah I think it is because of the "Devs have other priorities with Perk Changes than Object."

    Cruel Limits: Increased range from 24 to 32 metres.

    Seems about right.

  • @MrDardon said:

    Hello People of the Fog!

    Has someone else noticed an extreme Rise in Object users?

    I mean, before I rarely saw Object and now I played 5 Matches of Killer with 4 Matches including at least 1 Object. In one there were even 2.

    Does someone else get this extremely fun experience?

    I really hope this Perk will be changed VERY soon, it gets really annoying. I'd rather face 1000 DS's than 1 Object.

    I pretty much banned this Perk out of my Loadouts because I know how unfun it is to vs.

    If it keeps happening, you'll see one less Killer for now because I won't play against bs like that.

    My reason is because DS is gonna be killed and object is more fun.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    No wonder that survivors start fighting fire with fire. Most games as survivors are utterly garbage due to camping, tunneling, slugging and killer running the most unfair loadouts.

    Well, I play both sides without using fire. But I am still getting back fire. Is it fair?

    That's why I said I'll soon stop playing till this stuff (the fire) is changed.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/195825/rise-of-object-of-obsession

    My reason is because DS is gonna be killed and object is more fun.

    I'd rather vs 4 Ds's every Match than 1 Object every Match. It's still unfair but it's not annoyingly unfair. And you can play around DS easier than Object.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1657788#Comment_1657788

    I'd rather vs 4 Ds's every Match than 1 Object every Match. It's still unfair but it's not annoyingly unfair. And you can play around DS easier than Object.

    Well alot of the killers are currently targeting DS instead of the bigger problem.

  • OoO is the only perk in the game that needs a genuine total rework. It provides way to much information no matter the downside.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1657794#Comment_1657794

    Well alot of the killers are currently targeting DS instead of the bigger problem.

    Yeah because everyone uses DS. Not everyone uses Object. Oh God, imagine 3 or 4 Objects every Match. Jeez

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    OoO is the only perk in the game that needs a genuine total rework. It provides way to much information no matter the downside.

    It's the unhealthiest Perk in the Game right now imo.

    Other problematic ones would be DS and Noed with Noed being extremely annoying rather than overpowered or unfair.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1657796#Comment_1657796

    Yeah because everyone uses DS. Not everyone uses Object. Oh God, imagine 3 or 4 Objects every Match. Jeez

    Its next up should of nerfed the worst one first.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1657757#Comment_1657757

    Yeah, but it's still to much info if combined with SWF. And why would someone run Object in solo except for taunting and bullying purposes?

    Yup, that is why I hate OoO, rarely you will see a solo survivor using it but that is a very rare chance probably it will be easier to win the lottery than to see a Solo survivor using OoO.

    I hate that perk.