The Devs are better in balancing as you think

So what did the Devs did in this Patch?

Buffing Thana (Good)

Fix The Executioner "Loop mindgame" (Good)

Trail of Torment Extrem buff (good)

The other perk buffs (all good, ok not Technician but still)

Pop Nerf (was maybe needed)

So why do you think the Devs can't belance the game again?

In my Opinion this show us that the devs can and are willing to belance this game for our fun.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Your joking right? Id go and post a entire essay on the problems but otz already did a video on it i suggest you give it a watch.

    https://youtu.be/xk5ij_Eworo


  • I wouldnt call the thana change a buff. For me its a nerf.

  • Are you playing the same PTB I am? Lol

  • They buffed Thana in the sense that it is 4% stronger than before in the extremely rare circumstance that all 4 survivors are injured.

    Yes. Quite the buff.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Your joking right? Id go and post a entire essay on the problems but otz already did a video on it i suggest you give it a watch.

    https://youtu.be/xk5ij_Eworo

    Nerfing Maps? And Swf? And Ds?

    Totally not a entiteld Killer main xD

    How about no?

    I agree with the Killer nerfs. But Not with the Myers Buff.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    Are you playing the same PTB I am? Lol

    Are we playing the same game?

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656370#Comment_1656370

    Nerfing Maps? And Swf? And Ds?

    Totally not a entiteld Killer main xD

    How about no?

    I agree with the Killer nerfs. But Not with the Myers Buff.

    He also said nerfing moris killer sided maps and addons that are overly powerful like iri huntress and tombstone myers. And freddy ignoring stuff like bt allowing for tunneling for free. Next time dont strawman and watch the whole thing if your not gonna your not worth my time. Thank you.

  • 1% change to Thana isn't even worth talking about

    I don't have PH so no comment

    CL is still in a bad spot

    Mindbreaker maybe good (i don't have Demo either)

    Pop only had it's time reduced (not a nerf in my opinion)

    Updated text for perks that were (kinda) hard to understand is good

    But again this is only the beginning of what they plan on doing... We'll see where it goes from here

  • If you meant balancing,maybe,they try to be very carefully until changing a perk,but the way they handled thanatophobia so called change is like a spit in the face,they called it a buff when in the end its a nerf.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656381#Comment_1656381

    He also said nerfing moris killer sided maps and addons that are overly powerful like iri huntress and tombstone myers. Next time dont strawman and watch the whole thing if your not gonna your not worth my time. Thank you.

    I did and I also agree with nerfing the Killer sided maps because they are not so fun as Idk Haddonfield. Things Like iri huntress and Tombstone Myers should not be in the game in the First place...

  • thana was a nerf 4% gen slowdown vs 16% heal slowdown is worthless

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656370#Comment_1656370

    Nerfing Maps? And Swf? And Ds?

    Totally not a entiteld Killer main xD

    How about no?

    I agree with the Killer nerfs. But Not with the Myers Buff.

    You do realize he nerfed stuff on the killer side as well. You sound like you dislike the other side for some reason. And I must ask, why do you disagree with the myers buff? He even with those buffs he isn't as good as oni due to his non existent map pressure. So I honestly don't know what's the issue. He can be looped in all tiers and one of the changes wasn't even a real change, it was a QOL buff. His buffs were a speed buff to tier 1

    Hitting someone in tier 1 instantly brings ou to tier 2

    Slight speed buff to kicking in tier 3

    What about that would make him broken?

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656370#Comment_1656370

    Nerfing Maps? And Swf? And Ds?

    Totally not a entiteld Killer main xD

    How about no?

    I agree with the Killer nerfs. But Not with the Myers Buff.

    The irony of "entitled killer main" when the 45 minute long, community-developed video goes over a large series of killer and survivor buffs and nerfs to get rid of the most frustrating parts of the game on both sides, and then you come waddling in with your finger in your nose, drooling all over the floor saying "durr i disagree except for all the killer nerfs, also entitled killer main lul"

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656370#Comment_1656370

    Nerfing Maps? And Swf? And Ds?

    Totally not a entiteld Killer main xD

    How about no?

    I agree with the Killer nerfs. But Not with the Myers Buff.

    Also the fact you only agree with the killer nerfs but none of the buffs tells me you are biased to survivors but I could be wrong

  • You think Thana was a buff? Have you ever used that perk? Without the slowdown on healing, it's now useless. You wouldn't get people injured for the full debuff because without the healing penalty, they're back to full health before you even smack a second survivor. They added a whole 1%, which chances are you won't see activate much. Sure, the PH changes are good, that I agree with as a PH main. It was needed. But if you think these changes are good, then I question what you think is bad honestly.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    So what did the Devs did in this Patch?

    Buffing Thana (Good)

    Fix The Executioner "Loop mindgame" (Good)

    Trail of Torment Extrem buff (good)

    The other perk buffs (all good, ok not Technician but still)

    Pop Nerf (was maybe needed)

    So why do you think the Devs can't belance the game again?

    In my Opinion this show us that the devs can and are willing to belance this game for our fun.

    People think Devs are bad at their job because most of them are entiteled. No matter what they do and how hard they buff a certain role, its never enough.

    @supersonic853 said:

    Your joking right? Id go and post a entire essay on the problems but otz already did a video on it i suggest you give it a watch.

    https://youtu.be/xk5ij_Eworo

    We are in the middle of that process right now, similar stuff like map changes or insta heal nerfs have been already done. Most of that list will be changed sooner or later, but it would be madness to change that all at once.

    Also those changes might sound good on paper, but in reality they would break the game if not executed carefully.

  • @ThePolice said:

    thana was a nerf 4% gen slowdown vs 16% heal slowdown is worthless

    80/(1-0.04) = 3.33 seconds vs 16/(1-0.16)= 3 seconds

    It's litterally the same with the exeption that they can't ignore the healing one now. Not that big of a buff but it definitively isn't a nerf

    I'm with the op on this one. People want this dream like balance state but in a assymetrical game with this much viarity it's a fool's errand.

    It really isn't nearly as unbalanced as some people here claim

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    So what did the Devs did in this Patch?

    Buffing Thana (Good)

    Fix The Executioner "Loop mindgame" (Good)

    Trail of Torment Extrem buff (good)

    The other perk buffs (all good, ok not Technician but still)

    Pop Nerf (was maybe needed)

    So why do you think the Devs can't belance the game again?

    In my Opinion this show us that the devs can and are willing to belance this game for our fun.

    No theyre not lol

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656381#Comment_1656381

    You do realize he nerfed stuff on the killer side as well. You sound like you dislike the other side for some reason. And I must ask, why do you disagree with the myers buff? He even with those buffs he isn't as good as oni due to his non existent map pressure. So I honestly don't know what's the issue. He can be looped in all tiers and one of the changes wasn't even a real change, it was a QOL buff. His buffs were a speed buff to tier 1

    Hitting someone in tier 1 instantly brings ou to tier 2

    Slight speed buff to kicking in tier 3

    What about that would make him broken?

    Because if you give Myers insta Tier 2 after he is alredy fast in Tier 1 what's the Point of that? He is in a pretty good spot now

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656485#Comment_1656485

    Because if you give Myers insta Tier 2 after he is alredy fast in Tier 1 what's the Point of that? He is in a pretty good spot now

    • His lunge is garbage in tier 1
    • I'm guessing by speed boost they mean make him 110 which is still slow for an m1 killer
    • The fact he can be starved and forced in tier 1 until 3 to 4 gens are remaining is posterous
  • @Xbob42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656381#Comment_1656381

    The irony of "entitled killer main" when the 45 minute long, community-developed video goes over a large series of killer and survivor buffs and nerfs to get rid of the most frustrating parts of the game on both sides, and then you come waddling in with your finger in your nose, drooling all over the floor saying "durr i disagree except for all the killer nerfs, also entitled killer main lul"

    Keys and Morus are frustratig yes. But the Rest mostly yll maps are ok. The only Map who need a change is Larrys. So I don't see the issue there. Swf are don't allowed to use perks, Sounds stupid right? Oh btw. who made this "Community-developed", his Community I guess. Oh and I remember as he tried his 50 streak on Trapper. He losed Idk 5 Times in a row against "Swf with Meta perks". He was very entiteld as he said without this perks they would not win. They diden't even used (but they had) Ub or Ds

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656488#Comment_1656488

    Keys and Morus are frustratig yes. But the Rest mostly yll maps are ok. The only Map who need a change is Larrys. So I don't see the issue there. Swf are don't allowed to use perks, Sounds stupid right? Oh btw. who made this "Community-developed", his Community I guess. Oh and I remember as he tried his 50 streak on Trapper. He losed Idk 5 Times in a row against "Swf with Meta perks". He was very entiteld as he said without this perks they would not win. They diden't even used (but they had) Ub or Ds

    Let me get this straight. You think every map but lery's is ok? Meaning the one killer balanced map and the whole lot of survivor ones are ok? I disagree but let's move on. You bring up he lost 5 times as trapper. Then you in the same breath say they were running small pp. Idk what you can even say anymore. Its trapper at red ranks which is already weak, then add the fact they all were running the meta and its virtually impossible to win. Although if you just think he is entitled just ask yourself why you never saw a B tier or under killer in the hexy tourney

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    So what did the Devs did in this Patch?

    Buffing Thana (Good)

    Fix The Executioner "Loop mindgame" (Good)

    Trail of Torment Extrem buff (good)

    The other perk buffs (all good, ok not Technician but still)

    Pop Nerf (was maybe needed)

    So why do you think the Devs can't belance the game again?

    In my Opinion this show us that the devs can and are willing to belance this game for our fun.

    They did buff many things, but the buffs were mostly meh. They could have done more and also keep in mind that people are incredibly hard on the devs; usually because they are just overreacting. I believe things like the pop nerf were okay imo. But the fact that they didn't nerf something like DS was a bit irritating. Also keep in mind that people tend to overreact with this game.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656611#Comment_1656611

    Let me get this straight. You think every map but lery's is ok? Meaning the one killer balanced map and the whole lot of survivor ones are ok? I disagree but let's move on. You bring up he lost 5 times as trapper. Then you in the same breath say they were running small pp. Idk what you can even say anymore. Its trapper at red ranks which is already weak, then add the fact they all were running the meta and its virtually impossible to win. Although if you just think he is entitled just ask yourself why you never saw a B tier or under killer in the hexy tourney

    Ok a question why are this maps not OK? And a "it's too big" is not a relly good reason. But yes this maps are ok If you ask me.

    The reason for the hexy tourney is esay. Because they are swetty Killer mains who only Play OP Killers too have a esay win.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/195684/the-devs-are-better-in-balancing-as-you-think

    They did buff many things, but the buffs were mostly meh. They could have done more and also keep in mind that people are incredibly hard on the devs; usually because they are just overreacting. I believe things like the pop nerf were okay imo. But the fact that they didn't nerf something like DS was a bit irritating. Also keep in mind that people tend to overreact with this game.

    Yeah you are mostly right

  • @xxRem4019 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656611#Comment_1656611

    Ormond and red forest would like to have word. Oh look, theres haddonfield and Hawkins.

    Haddonfield and Ormond are the best Maps I Love them. Cool Idea, cool setting. Overall good and fun maps

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656624#Comment_1656624

    Ok a question why are this maps not OK? And a "it's too big" is not a relly good reason. But yes this maps are ok If you ask me.

    The reason for the hexy tourney is esay. Because they are swetty Killer mains who only Play OP Killers too have a esay win.

    Let me start with too big is a good reason, it makes low mobility killers have a really hard time pressuring gens. So let's start

    Ormond is the most survivor sided map

    The game is killer sided as hell

    Haddonfield is survivor sided

    Temple of purgation is survivor sided

    Some of the corn maps are survivor sided

    Those are the main ones I remember. The hexy tourney wasn't even easy lmao, there was so many situations where "OP" killers like PH, Spirit and Nurse got clapped by a gen rushing swf. Yeah I'm gonna guess by your responses you aren't a English speaker and you are survivor biased as hell

  • @xxRem4019 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656774#Comment_1656774

    Are you ok? Like genuinely. How do you see ormond as a fun map? It is one of the largest with an insanely high pallets count and its impossible to track scratch Mark's I stg.

    Haddonfield is just boring, most of the map isn't normal loops just staircases and annoying buildings.

    Yes I'm OK Ormond is a snow map with a big building, cool Idea. Haddonfield is a great Chase map with this buildings

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656779#Comment_1656779

    Yes I'm OK Ormond is a snow map with a big building, cool Idea. Haddonfield is a great Chase map with this buildings

    Do you only play survivor?

  • *and other hilarious jokes.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656800#Comment_1656800

    If you actually think haddonfield is balanced you are either the most survivor sided person on this forum besides sluzzy or you are the best baiter in the world

    Wait Tell me what on Haddonfield is unfair? Now serious.

    Who is sluzzy I diden't saw that Name ones

  • Please keep the discussion civil and respectful, only because OP has a different opinion from you, it doesn't mean it's bait or they are trolling, maybe they just have a different opinion.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656810#Comment_1656810

    Wait Tell me what on Haddonfield is unfair? Now serious.

    Who is sluzzy I diden't saw that Name ones

    The fences, the abundance of safe pallets, windows, the size, and how spread out the gens are. Its unbelievably survivor sided that the fact you think that this and ormond are balanced is what gave you away. If you are serious you are very incorrect

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    So what did the Devs did in this Patch?

    Buffing Thana (Good)

    Fix The Executioner "Loop mindgame" (Good)

    Trail of Torment Extrem buff (good)

    The other perk buffs (all good, ok not Technician but still)

    Pop Nerf (was maybe needed)

    So why do you think the Devs can't belance the game again?

    In my Opinion this show us that the devs can and are willing to belance this game for our fun.

    1. Thana got a nerf actually 1% is less then 4% any day
    2. Its actually stronger then before as long as your sword doesn’t fully touch the ground. But if they fix that which they probably will the nerf outweighs the buff. That’s something that shouldn’t happen to a killer on the weaker side already.
    3. I don’t see it as a huge buff but yeah a buff nonetheless especially with dragons grip
    4. Most of the other perks buffs were things no one will still use but again buffs are buffs so can’t complain
    5. While the pop nerf won’t effect too much in the long run. only issue people have is the reason it got nerfed was the same reason ds needs a nerf but they won’t do it.
    6. In the long run a lot of changes aren’t as good as they can and should be because they get too scared of their own work too much
    7. i think we can all agree they can balance most things well or else no one would be playing their game, but they need to stop ignoring the very very very problematic stuff for things like a score event on For The People. On your last thing about fun this above is why players can’t have fun too much things that make the game unfun on both sides and are a lot of times abused.
  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656859#Comment_1656859

    The fences, the abundance of safe pallets, windows, the size, and how spread out the gens are. Its unbelievably survivor sided that the fact you think that this and ormond are balanced is what gave you away. If you are serious you are very incorrect

    The fences? Not strong

    Safe pallets? Maybe 3 on Haddonfield.

    Gens must be spread, If not fast Killers would be busted.

    Maybe it is a strong map but at least it's a fun map. You know "fun" right, it's the reason why we play this game

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656866#Comment_1656866

    The fences? Not strong

    Safe pallets? Maybe 3 on Haddonfield.

    Gens must be spread, If not fast Killers would be busted.

    Maybe it is a strong map but at least it's a fun map. You know "fun" right, it's the reason why we play this game

    The fences are strong, there are a lot of safe pallets and I partially agree with the last point. And I personally don't think a map that forces the killer to 3 gen if they are a low mobility killer is fun. Heck I remember 4k with trapper on haddonfield because I trapped my entire 3 gen. Did I think it was fun? No. Did the survivors think it was fun? Judging by the toxic messages, no.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656915#Comment_1656915

    The fences are strong, there are a lot of safe pallets and I partially agree with the last point. And I personally don't think a map that forces the killer to 3 gen if they are a low mobility killer is fun. Heck I remember 4k with trapper on haddonfield because I trapped my entire 3 gen. Did I think it was fun? No. Did the survivors think it was fun? Judging by the toxic messages, no.

    Don't swett for the 4k If you want to have fun

  • Im guessing you don't know what sweating for the 4k is, because 3 genning isn't sweating for the 4k. Also I reccomend if you aren't an english speaker to try to trasnlate what you wanna say through google translate.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/195684/the-devs-are-better-in-balancing-as-you-think

    People think Devs are bad at their job because most of them are entiteled. No matter what they do and how hard they buff a certain role, its never enough.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656370#Comment_1656370

    We are in the middle of that process right now, similar stuff like map changes or insta heal nerfs have been already done. Most of that list will be changed sooner or later, but it would be madness to change that all at once.

    Also those changes might sound good on paper, but in reality they would break the game if not executed carefully.

    Well michaels rework is supposedly around the corner so i guess then we will see how much they listen. All 3 of otzs suggestions make sense especially the fact for a mode michael doesnt button press he has to keep the bar right at the edge.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656926#Comment_1656926

    Im guessing you don't know what sweating for the 4k is, because 3 genning isn't sweating for the 4k. Also I reccomend if you aren't an english speaker to try to trasnlate what you wanna say through google translate.

    If the Killer himself force a 3gen...

    I would call that sweaty. And No thanks I don't need Google translate, I can speak english very gud.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/195684/the-devs-are-better-in-balancing-as-you-think

    People think Devs are bad at their job because most of them are entiteled. No matter what they do and how hard they buff a certain role, its never enough.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656370#Comment_1656370

    We are in the middle of that process right now, similar stuff like map changes or insta heal nerfs have been already done. Most of that list will be changed sooner or later, but it would be madness to change that all at once.

    Also those changes might sound good on paper, but in reality they would break the game if not executed carefully.

    Well Michaels reworks supposedly around the corner so thatll show how much they do i guess since hes been in a horrible place. Especially the fact he has to keep his bar so close to the edge instead of it being a button press. All the new killers with forms can fully charge them then press a button to go into said form. I don't know why michael hasnt gotten THAT sooner.

  • Haddonfield is still unchanged

    that’s all that needs to be said

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    So what did the Devs did in this Patch?

    Buffing Thana (Good)

    Fix The Executioner "Loop mindgame" (Good)

    Trail of Torment Extrem buff (good)

    The other perk buffs (all good, ok not Technician but still)

    Pop Nerf (was maybe needed)

    So why do you think the Devs can't belance the game again?

    In my Opinion this show us that the devs can and are willing to belance this game for our fun.

    Pop nerf wasn't needed. It encourage good gameplay.

    Thana 'buff' is laughable and a net nerf.

    Pyramid changes I'd need to check myself. Though I find him rather boring to play so I doubt it'll change my mind. It could make him more fun to play as/against but it will definitely make him worse against good survivors further increasing the distance between good and bad killers.

    Some of the perk buffs are nice. Others are pointless. The WGLF buff could have made buckle up viable, cruel limits still sucks, technician still sucks.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    Haddonfield is still unchanged

    that’s all that needs to be said

    Why is that?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Your joking right? Id go and post a entire essay on the problems but otz already did a video on it i suggest you give it a watch.

    https://youtu.be/xk5ij_Eworo

    Yeah as much as we rip on the devs I'm much happier with the game in their hands after seeing that video.

    Very disappointed that someone with 5k hours can come up with some of those horrendous or mediocre changes but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and just assume he's after easy popularity.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1656370#Comment_1656370

    Yeah as much as we rip on the devs I'm much happier with the game in their hands after seeing that video.

    Very disappointed that someone with 5k hours can come up with some of those horrendous or mediocre changes but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and just assume he's after easy popularity.

    I thought all of the killer changes were pretty good. Would make a lot more killers viable without making them OP. I'd love either this Micheal change or just outright deleting EW2 from the game.

    The point about Keys/Moris ruining matches was also pretty sppot on in my opinion.

    I disagree with his stance on undying and a few other small things.

    What did you have problems with?

  • It's pretty gutsy of you to say so ... & I applaud you!

    I don't have the luxury of playing the PTB, so have relied on various videos and streams by various players. So far it looks like the changes are better for a more balanced play. I've not seen anyone struggle with the PGTW. The other perks have shown how they fit in. It's overall something people can adapt to, and there WILL be future perk changes.

    Let the game evolve as is.

‹ 1 2