next chapter theory (resident evil)

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1310606539032612864?s=20

that image of jill with that phrase:

"SEPTEMBER 28TH,daylight... The monsters have overtaken the city ... Somehow ... i'm still alive "

belong to the cinematic introduction of resident evil 3. But why wouldn't the official resident evil page put the complete sentence or other allusive images?

why stop at the word "daylight"?

This would be an #ACTUALKLUE?

I don't know, maybe I should leave the internet for a while hehe.

Comments

  • I want, but never happen unfortunately.😑


    Be camped and tunnel by Nemesis, or loop by Jill.. YESS 🤣

  • I don't believe it tbh. It would be cool but extremely unlikely.

    Ed boon definitely didn't leave a good enough klue lol

  • Yes... leave the internet and go get some sleep.

    They stopped there because they don't need to write anymore.

    We won't get an RE chapter as long as Capcom have a competing game in Resistance.

  • No thank you. Personally I don't want to see Nemesis or Mr. X get pallet looped

  • @musefan said:

    Yes... leave the internet and go get some sleep.

    They stopped there because they don't need to write anymore.

    We won't get an RE chapter as long as Capcom have a competing game in Resistance.

    What are you talking about this game is finished since the last update..🤔

  • @Jill10230 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651429#Comment_1651429

    What are you talking about this game is finished since the last update..🤔

    I haven't played Resistance in quite some time... what did they do to it?

  • Resistance is being supported by a single broken leg on what can be assumed to be several chairs haphazardly stacked on top of each other.

    Until they fix matchmaking and market it as it's own game, it ain't competing against #########.

  • Daylight is part of the actual quote from the intro of Resident Evil 3 if I recall correctly.


    But don't get me wrong, I'd love anything Resident Evil in Dead by Daylight.... Well, except for the movie adaptations. Take from the games only please.

  • @musefan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651446#Comment_1651446

    I haven't played Resistance in quite some time... what did they do to it?


    1.-the survivors are OP, but instead of fixing that, neobards (the team behind the resistance) prefer to make aesthetic reworkings of some maps.

    2.- "Look at that skin for that character, it's incredible! ... open many lootboxes, maybe something similar will come out (you can't buy specific skins)

    3.-instead of putting leon and claire in resistance, neobards preferred to make costumes for existing characters of resistance (claire costumes for female characters and leon costumes for male characters) bruh ...

    4.-if you look at the community of resistance players on pc, you will see that there is a minimum of 300 players playing right now, resistance is dead on pc.

    5.-6 months have passed since new resistance characters came out

  • @Walker_of_the_fog_96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651452#Comment_1651452

    1.-the survivors are OP, but instead of fixing that, neobards (the team behind the resistance) prefer to make aesthetic reworkings of some maps.

    2.- "Look at that skin for that character, it's incredible! ... open many lootboxes, maybe something similar will come out (you can't buy specific skins)

    3.-instead of putting leon and claire in resistance, neobards preferred to make costumes for existing characters of resistance (claire costumes for female characters and leon costumes for male characters) bruh ...

    4.-if you look at the community of resistance players on pc, you will see that there is a minimum of 300 players playing right now, resistance is dead on pc.

    5.-6 months have passed since new resistance characters came out

    Sounds like I haven't missed much then.

  • @musefan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651446#Comment_1651446

    I haven't played Resistance in quite some time... what did they do to it?

    A update, that is beyond imagination...


    The survivors have become so exploded that the mastermind need to lagswitch for win. Martin, Valerie, or better January.. unplayable, the killer are useless without bioenergy !


    Incomprehensible that the survivors completely basic OP become Mega OP.. maybe one day the same for DBD?


    🤗

  • As long as RE Resistance is a thing we’re not getting it unfortunately.

  • @OxiTape said:

    As long as RE Resistance is a thing we’re not getting it unfortunately.

    Ya neva know .

  • It may be a bit early but,I remember Netflix doing something similar.

  • Iḿ not sure the next chapter is going to be RE again Bhvr has tricked us multiple upon multiple times with the teases, that we all fell for. And its too early to be teasing the next chapter, I mean it would be cool I guess to se RE in dbd (although I never got into it) It still may not happen for a while

  • @Dabihwow said:

    Iḿ not sure the next chapter is going to be RE again Bhvr has tricked us multiple upon multiple times with the teases, that we all fell for. And its too early to be teasing the next chapter, I mean it would be cool I guess to se RE in dbd (although I never got into it) It still may not happen for a while

    Bruh you should definitely go play REmake and RE2make but stay far away from RE3make ,play the original, it's one of the greatest horror series till this day,to be in the Spencer Mansion is an experience you don't ever forget.

  • Yeah but I highly doubt it regardless. I wanna see RE as much as the rest of you but I just don’t think it’s happening any time soon. But I’d love to be proved wrong though.

  • I'd love it, but I don't think it's going to happen.

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1652251#Comment_1652251

    Bruh you should definitely go play REmake and RE2make but stay far away from RE3make ,play the original, it's one of the greatest horror series till this day,to be in the Spencer Mansion is an experience you don't ever forget.

    I'll try but school and work are kinda in the way sadly maybe when i have the time I'll give it a try

  • @musefan said:

    Yes... leave the internet and go get some sleep.

    They stopped there because they don't need to write anymore.

    We won't get an RE chapter as long as Capcom have a competing game in Resistance.

    "Competing game" lol, have you even played it? Its dead in pc and will be on consoles too. That game was a huge failure.

  • @Irisora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651429#Comment_1651429

    "Competing game" lol, have you even played it? Its dead in pc and will be on consoles too. That game was a huge failure.

    "Competing" doesn't mean "good".

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1652265#Comment_1652265

    I'll try but school and work are kinda in the way sadly maybe when i have the time I'll give it a try

    You're funny, I thought you we're a kid because you always support Fnaf post.

  • @Walker_of_the_fog_96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651452#Comment_1651452

    1.-the survivors are OP, but instead of fixing that, neobards (the team behind the resistance) prefer to make aesthetic reworkings of some maps.

    2.- "Look at that skin for that character, it's incredible! ... open many lootboxes, maybe something similar will come out (you can't buy specific skins)

    3.-instead of putting leon and claire in resistance, neobards preferred to make costumes for existing characters of resistance (claire costumes for female characters and leon costumes for male characters) bruh ...

    4.-if you look at the community of resistance players on pc, you will see that there is a minimum of 300 players playing right now, resistance is dead on pc.

    5.-6 months have passed since new resistance characters came out

    Most of the survivors can be managed despite the area 1 shotguns and ridiculous buffs Val and Jan got (bioleech and bites win games), but the most outstanding bs they added must be Martin's ability to delete everything in the game every 30 seconds.

    In a single move he can remove every single buff, stun every creature in the room, disable all traps, and blind every camera. He's been known to crash games as well. That doesn't include his ability to instantly kill Ivy's as well.

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1652403#Comment_1652403

    You're funny, I thought you we're a kid because you always support Fnaf post.

    Lmao, Nah I'm like in my late teen years, and I support fnaf because its something that got me into the horror genre and like many for RE it holds a valuable place in my heart. So I'm not a kid but interesting you thought of that though, but tbh I hate it when people think of me as a kid when I support something like fnaf sadly, I don't act childish about the whole situation but it does hurt to hear it though.

  • While I think it would be cool I don't see that as a proper hint, using a quote that uses daylight seems more like a coincidence; Not to mention RE Resistence is likely gonna exclude the possibility until it hopefully dies.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    While I think it would be cool I don't see that as a proper hint, using a quote that uses daylight seems more like a coincidence; Not to mention RE Resistence is likely gonna exclude the possibility until it hopefully dies.

    True that

  • Pretty sure that quote is directly from RE3 from the start of the game. As much as I'd love to see it in DbD, I doubt it would come. I suppose it just comes down to Capcom and how much they would want to do it. Maybe with Resistance failing as hard as it did, they could give DbD a chance to use their characters. I mean, Silent Hill managed to make it's way into the game, but that wasn't much of a shock since Konami butchered SH many years ago and most likely just saw easy money.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1652663#Comment_1652663

    Lmao, Nah I'm like in my late teen years, and I support fnaf because its something that got me into the horror genre and like many for RE it holds a valuable place in my heart. So I'm not a kid but interesting you thought of that though, but tbh I hate it when people think of me as a kid when I support something like fnaf sadly, I don't act childish about the whole situation but it does hurt to hear it though.

    Ahh dude come on bring it in for a hug ,my bad I'm not trying to be rude , I mean you gotta go with the punches on that one ,I do when it comes to Chucky.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    While I think it would be cool I don't see that as a proper hint, using a quote that uses daylight seems more like a coincidence; Not to mention RE Resistence is likely gonna exclude the possibility until it hopefully dies.

    I'm sure they understand the implication behind it, just using the term Daylight and stopping there is big indicator of something, they could have finished the entire quote, while I want put all my eggs in the basket on this one, hopefully we'll get some more concrete evidence.

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1652999#Comment_1652999

    Ahh dude come on bring it in for a hug ,my bad I'm not trying to be rude , I mean you gotta go with the punches on that one ,I do when it comes to Chucky.

    No, no, your fine, I mean that's what I tend do, I take the punches and suck it up mostly, but there are just days where it really does get under my skin. Your absolutely entitled to your opinion and I'm fine with that. I do think RE looks interesting although I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi, but I'll give it a try and see what I think.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653300#Comment_1653300

    No, no, your fine, I mean that's what I tend do, I take the punches and suck it up mostly, but there are just days where it really does get under my skin. Your absolutely entitled to your opinion and I'm fine with that. I do think RE looks interesting although I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi, but I'll give it a try and see what I think.

    Thank you for accepting my apology, I don't mind if they add a Fnaf chapter I just want them to get more legend's in first ,but honestly I really shouldn't care because silent hill has always been my favorite horror game series and we now have a silent hill chapter.

  • @musefan said:

    Yes... leave the internet and go get some sleep.

    They stopped there because they don't need to write anymore.

    We won't get an RE chapter as long as Capcom have a competing game in Resistance.

    This aged like milk

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1654120#Comment_1654120

    Thank you for accepting my apology, I don't mind if they add a Fnaf chapter I just want them to get more legend's in first ,but honestly I really shouldn't care because silent hill has always been my favorite horror game series and we now have a silent hill chapter.

    No problem man, I looked at RE, I'm thinking about buying it, but I am trying to be careful with my money, don't worry I will give it a try when I have the time

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1658796#Comment_1658796

    No problem man, I looked at RE, I'm thinking about buying it, but I am trying to be careful with my money, don't worry I will give it a try when I have the time

    Meh you should play Silent Hill instead.

    Resident Evil has lived in the limelight long enough

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1658812#Comment_1658812

    Meh you should play Silent Hill instead.

    Resident Evil has lived in the limelight long enough

    Oh I've played Silent Hill already

  • Oh nice which one? was it bit to old fashion for you?

  • I loved the RE2 remake but the RE3 remake was a let down for me. They really screwed up nemesis in that game. Every encounter with him was scripted. They weren't even scary. It was more like watching a bad movie where the villain has all sorts of bad ass weapons and yet he can't seem to do anything with them. One of those movies you watch and ask "How do you miss?"

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I loved the RE2 remake but the RE3 remake was a let down for me. They really screwed up nemesis in that game. Every encounter with him was scripted. They weren't even scary. It was more like watching a bad movie where the villain has all sorts of bad ass weapons and yet he can't seem to do anything with them. One of those movies you watch and ask "How do you miss?"

    Agreed,also I hated the 2nd form of Nemesis, they could have just kept his original look and remastered it. Him being unscripted was a huge detour from the original if you know where he's going to be it takes away that thrill from the battle at least in that portion of the fight,while I want complaint over the new look entirely,which by the way still wasn't as good as the original the could have save them selves alot of trouble, fans want the same game just suped up graphics.

  • I played the hd collection and some of the others. It wasn't to old fashion, it actually was pretty good, although the graphics were terrible for my screen, so that was a major oof. I did not find it as scary as say Outlast, but that's because I find being defenseless a lot scarier. However Silent Hill was creepy, but the moment in the game that gave me the most chills, goosebumps, and scared me, was meeting Pyramid Head for the first time, while you were in the closet. It's just the noises, the music, and his actions is what creeped me out, even though the animations or the sound effects back then weren't that great compared to today's technology, it still found a way to scare me. If the original three games are remastered I can only imagine what they would do to make that scene a lot creepier.

    When Silent Hill was revealed coming into the game I was not to sure how I would feel for it, but that was before I bought the games and played them, now that I have some experience I see why we got Silent hill in the game, and I'm glad we did. It has given me a chance to experience a series that I've grown to love, and respect. It also given me a lot of interesting ideas for the little series I've been writing, so much so that I think anyone would say I almost based it off of Silent Hill, the series kinda taught me how to create horror that will bring fear to a lot of audience's to enjoy. It was an honor to experience this legendary series in the horror genre. I'm very happy I've experienced it.

  • It's a great series, I'm happy it's a part of DBD. They added this chapter which gives alot of lead way for other game series to come in.When I first started playing Silent Hill again back in 2019,I never couldn't have imagined ,I be playing as these charactersin an asymmetrical survivor title. Silent Hill has been a strong contender in the horror genre ever since its first installment even so much where ,it's inspired numerous of other horror games ,which I still think RE7 may have borrowed heavy from Silent Hill 2.Im not saying Resident Evil falls short of horror it's just a different game when you compare the two it will always come down to personal preference, and not which one is better.Good luck on you're projects I hope they turn out the way you want them.

  • RE:Resistance isn’t a competitor anymore, recently they released the final planned update

  • @Midori_21 said:

    No thank you. Personally I don't want to see Nemesis or Mr. X get pallet looped

    You say that, but...meanwhile in Resident evil games you were looping them through doors or shooting them in the face with rocket launchers.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1658829#Comment_1658829

    RE:Resistance isn’t a competitor anymore, recently they released the final planned update

    In that case they will probably be too salty to make a deal with DbD 😂

  • @musefan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1659367#Comment_1659367

    In that case they will probably be too salty to make a deal with DbD 😂

    IDK about that they've been in competition with konami awhile and I doubt they stand by and just let Silent Hill have so much glory, most likely if BHVR tries to get the license I bet they'll get it.

  • @Midori_21 said:

    No thank you. Personally I don't want to see Nemesis or Mr. X get pallet looped

    Ah, yes, the "all Killers should be invincible" mindset. I love it.

    If this is the reason you wouldn't like a Resident Evil chapter, then why is the Demogorgon a Killer? Or perhaps... Would Mr. X or Nemesis being implemented in Dead by Daylight would ruin your precious favorite franchise?

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651434#Comment_1651434

    Ah, yes, the "all Killers should be invincible" mindset. I love it.

    If this is the reason you wouldn't like a Resident Evil chapter, then why is the Demogorgon a Killer? Or perhaps... Would Mr. X or Nemesis being implemented in Dead by Daylight would ruin your precious favorite franchise?

    Wow. Talk about not understanding what your reading. 🤨

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1659728#Comment_1659728

    IDK about that they've been in competition with konami awhile and I doubt they stand by and just let Silent Hill have so much glory, most likely if BHVR tries to get the license I bet they'll get it.

    Konami make games??

    I wish, then we might finally get a Suikoden remaster 🙏

  • @musefan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1659775#Comment_1659775

    Wow. Talk about not understanding what your reading. 🤨

    It's just giving off that kind of vibe, you know?

  • @musefan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1659762#Comment_1659762

    Konami make games??

    I wish, then we might finally get a Suikoden remaster 🙏

    The deluxe edition.

‹ 1 2