Name a DLC that you think no one will expect but will still be amazing

I would say a CreepyPasta DLC like Slenderman since can't go wrong with a classic nightmare that people remembered when it was a trend back in the Golden days of Creepypasta.

Or maybe something tad Generic but lot of possibilities like a Scarecrow cause you know lots of crows, a corn field map, and can't go wrong with a soul harvest for the entity.

Last idea would be The Headless Horseman because its a real horror classic......too bad no one uses him anymore in the media.

Those are my thoughts so name a DLC yourself that no one will expect but will still be amazing.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649740#Comment_1649740

    Seems cool I could imagine survivor A just sitting on a gen then gets a dart in their neck

    https://youtu.be/sFW-yxe13lo

    Damn

  • @AnarKaos said:

    My son and I have a Headless Horseman killer almost completely fleshed out. Without getting too in depth his power works one of two ways. If you hit a survivor they gained oblivious for a set period and it took the same time for your head to respawning. The second you could toss it somewhere and it worked sort of like a security camera (the red stain stays with the body...unless a specific add on is used) with a sort of little pop up window. The red add ons would be chained to the head. The one previously mentioned would allow you to temporarily move the head but has the drawback of the red stain being tied to the head; the other would disguise the head as a totem and the stain would be tied to the body even if the other red add on were used).

    As for a licensed chapter I'd love to see a Cabal/Nightbreed chapter. The map would be a bit different with the "basement" being the cemetery Mideon is hidden beneath and the map would be two levels with the first (connected to the cemetery/basement) being a smaller tunnel like area and a more open but still enclosed larger area beneath that.

    The other twist would be the killer's perks and power operate a bit more like a survivor's. Basically though when he power isn't active aura perks show him as a survivor, when active he dons his mask and then registers as a killer.

    The survivor would be Boone/Cabal. Explaining his abilities/perks kind of is spoilerish for the book and/or movie so I won't go there for now.

    I really do like Your Headless Horseman idea alot.

    I would love to see him ingame since would make sense because its like nursery rhyme turned into a living nightmare.

  • The Thing I feel it could have some things going for it that could put it above the other stealth killers I posted what I would like in a Thing DLC.

  • It's in creations and I was always surprised that not a lot of people talk about putting it in the game considering it's one of the best horror movies and would be easy to put it's power to game.

  • Harry potter survivor


    It will be the survivor version of Legion

    4 wizards and witches


    Perks

    1: similar to red herring

    Cast magic at any visible generator to make a noise, has chance to regress %5 each rank lowers chances 75/50/25

    120 second CD.

    2: dispel master

    Able to remove killers possession by 15/20/25 % faster

    3: iluminus,

    A flashlight spell with 50% less everything then a real flashlight. Like self heal but for flashlight.


    Killer: dementors

    Perks

    1: ???

    2:???

    3:???


    Possible killer

    Witch

    Perks

    1:teleport

    Teleport 30 ahead reveal survivor standing in 5

    2: winguardian leviosa

    Make a generator float for 10/20/30 seconds

    260 second CD.

    Works better/last longer on dropped survivor items by 200%

    3:???

    ???

    Secondary skill

    Freeze a survivor for 0.25/0.50/1.00 seconds

    Survivor must be further then 10 away.

    Depending on stored magic.


    Primary attack

    ???

  • You should watch this movie if you haven't seen it before.

    Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

    its good movie but these two Tucker and Dale should be survivors I dead by daylight

  • Outlast DLC with Richard Trager as the killer. I know a lot of people prefer Chris Walker but Trager is funnier, scarier, and a better villain overall. What with his giant, nasty toilet scissors. Plus I feel like they could do more with him than with Chris.

    The problem I see with this is that it would mean another indoor map. Because indoor maps always go well in DBD, right?

  • @Midori_21 said:

    Outlast DLC with Richard Trager as the killer. I know a lot of people prefer Chris Walker but Trager is funnier, scarier, and a better villain overall. What with his giant, nasty toilet scissors. Plus I feel like they could do more with him than with Chris.

    The problem I see with this is that it would mean another indoor map. Because indoor maps always go well in DBD, right?

    I 100% agree to this I even made a concept of what he would look like if he was in the game Link here:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/182654/killer-concept-the-surgeon-richard-trager-outlast#latest

  • @Midori_21 said:

    Outlast DLC with Richard Trager as the killer. I know a lot of people prefer Chris Walker but Trager is funnier, scarier, and a better villain overall. What with his giant, nasty toilet scissors. Plus I feel like they could do more with him than with Chris.

    The problem I see with this is that it would mean another indoor map. Because indoor maps always go well in DBD, right?

    I only know Richard XD and yeah I can see him pretty well in DBD and maybe some custom outfits.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650715#Comment_1650715

    I only know Richard XD and yeah I can see him pretty well in DBD and maybe some custom outfits.

    I can only imagine what the art team could do for him, however before he is added to dbd He must have pants on, I know he wears and apron but still

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650734#Comment_1650734

    I can only imagine what the art team could do for him, however before he is added to dbd He must have pants on, I know he wears and apron but still

    True that

  • Movie: See No Evil 2 / Freddy vs. Jason)

    Survivor: Tamara / Gibb (same actress)

    Killer: Jacob Goodnight / Jason Voorhees

  • The Thing. Imagine if there were no such thing as SWF (or at least no comms), and you couldn't be sure if the survivor next to you was your buddy or the killer.

  • I think Brutus from Call of Duty Zombies (with Richtofen as a survivor, and MOTD as the map) would be super cool.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649413#Comment_1649413

    Origins on Bo2. Der Eisendrache and Revelations on Bo3.

    I may be unpopular in this opinion, but I think its a sin how the Margwa and the Panzer appeared in Revelations, but not Brutus or Nova Crawlers.

  • Fringe.

    Could have a third school map but this time college.

    The Porcupine Man could make a fun killer. He's a genetic experiment designed to be an evolution of man. All the same smarts but with some enhancements. There are two versions one can fly the other cannot. Could work in a pallet hop like legions slide if TPM isn't fully evolved. He could be able to hop up to higher level areas without a railing. If you want to tail him to sneak to hook under his radar he has spines on his back you could be injured by if he knows and tricks you into getting closer than you should. If only partially evolved he needs massive amounts of energy in food and will seek out fat to power its evolution. It could allow an Oni like mechanic to gain more abilities but stays like meyers EW2. TPM transformation is painful and he is violent. He would be suffering while causing suffering and that sounds like the entity could enjoy it. With claws and wings maybe he could be waiting on a wall someplace ready to drop down on someone. I'd think it should be an instadown but it would feel OP. Maybe a sneaky stealthy hit without the speed boost to compensate for waiting up there.


    Survivor(s)

    Olivia Dunham.

    Would be a good way to get a female law enforcement character. She was experimented on a little as a child. It has given her some abilities and the full depth of could be limitless. Some telekinetic control could give a perk to remotely drop a nearby pallet. She can take control of other peoples actions possibly lending them some small speed boost while doing something with a progress bar and skill checks. It could go to the person she saved most recently. I would suggest sacrificing gen speed for healing speed as it would be nearest cannon. She has other abilities as well but with the show it is known there is at least one other universe so any adjustments can be chalked up to that.


    You could really pull a lot from this show and considering how it ended but was something people were fond enough of to get an extra partial season to wrap up it has some popularity. Peter Bishop could be another survivor but I'm having trouble crafting possible perks for him. Walter Bishop a mad scientist type could be snuck into the lore. He's made his own universe and can interrogate dead people among many other things and I think there is a lot to work with.

  • Art the clown from Terrifier

    any of the crazy monsters from Cabin in the woods.

  • @NightmareReborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649668#Comment_1649668

    I may be unpopular in this opinion, but I think its a sin how the Margwa and the Panzer appeared in Revelations, but not Brutus or Nova Crawlers.

    I understand the margwa being there. Personally I'm happy Brutus and the crawlers weren't there.

  • @Thrax said:

    Fringe.

    Could have a third school map but this time college.

    The Porcupine Man could make a fun killer. He's a genetic experiment designed to be an evolution of man. All the same smarts but with some enhancements. There are two versions one can fly the other cannot. Could work in a pallet hop like legions slide if TPM isn't fully evolved. He could be able to hop up to higher level areas without a railing. If you want to tail him to sneak to hook under his radar he has spines on his back you could be injured by if he knows and tricks you into getting closer than you should. If only partially evolved he needs massive amounts of energy in food and will seek out fat to power its evolution. It could allow an Oni like mechanic to gain more abilities but stays like meyers EW2. TPM transformation is painful and he is violent. He would be suffering while causing suffering and that sounds like the entity could enjoy it. With claws and wings maybe he could be waiting on a wall someplace ready to drop down on someone. I'd think it should be an instadown but it would feel OP. Maybe a sneaky stealthy hit without the speed boost to compensate for waiting up there.

    Survivor(s)

    Olivia Dunham.

    Would be a good way to get a female law enforcement character. She was experimented on a little as a child. It has given her some abilities and the full depth of could be limitless. Some telekinetic control could give a perk to remotely drop a nearby pallet. She can take control of other peoples actions possibly lending them some small speed boost while doing something with a progress bar and skill checks. It could go to the person she saved most recently. I would suggest sacrificing gen speed for healing speed as it would be nearest cannon. She has other abilities as well but with the show it is known there is at least one other universe so any adjustments can be chalked up to that.

    You could really pull a lot from this show and considering how it ended but was something people were fond enough of to get an extra partial season to wrap up it has some popularity. Peter Bishop could be another survivor but I'm having trouble crafting possible perks for him. Walter Bishop a mad scientist type could be snuck into the lore. He's made his own universe and can interrogate dead people among many other things and I think there is a lot to work with.

    I agree with Fringe. I loved that show sure some of the episodes were meh but over all it was awesome.

  • A BioShock chapter rare idea but i think it would be like the silent hill chapter in a way it surprised and gave hype to the community

  • @Ryan489x said:

    Art the clown from Terrifier

    any of the crazy monsters from Cabin in the woods.

    I don't think they can make that as a DLC but would be cool as a Clown Legacy skin......also kinda wish they make a classic Skinny Jester skin for Clown since don't feel like being a killer that can die from his own health.

  • Saminations DBD parody voices for survivors and killers?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649526#Comment_1649526

    This. Just played the complete edition for the first time.

    The Lady as killer could have a cool light and shadow based power.

    Six as a survivor with some darker perks, one with a drawback that reflects her hunger. The runaway kid as a Legendary skin.

    Maybe the hunter of little nightmares 2, and the red stain is from his lamp. That would be insane

  • A Left 4 Dead killer and map. We already have Bill so why not right?

  • A Phineas and Ferb chapter.

  • @OxiTape said:

    A Left 4 Dead killer and map. We already have Bill so why not right?

    Yeah that could be an awesome DLC since LFD2 got an update.

  • Mad Hatter / Alice chapter. Gives them a chance to do more with madness; his mori is he scalds you with his tea.

  • I'd scream if they did a Clock Tower: The First Fear Chapter.

    I could definitely see Bobby, The Scissorman, and Jennifer Simpson in a game like this.

    Clock Tower is one of those long forgotten gems of the survival horror franchises before they even became a major thing.

  • @adirgeforthedead said:

    I'd scream if they did a Clock Tower: The First Fear Chapter.

    I could definitely see Bobby, The Scissorman, and Jennifer Simpson in a game like this.

    Clock Tower is one of those long forgotten gems of the survival horror franchises before they even became a major thing.

    Oh yeah I remember that game and they could do him easily since how they made the Blight's camera so low....wish they can fix that but guess that mean we can have killers that are hunched over.

    Hope they do even though Devs said something about not doing Cult Movies like Pumpkin Head so that would be a Cult video game so idk if they would do that but would be awesome.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    I would say a CreepyPasta DLC like Slenderman since can't go wrong with a classic nightmare that people remembered when it was a trend back in the Golden days of Creepypasta.

    Or maybe something tad Generic but lot of possibilities like a Scarecrow cause you know lots of crows, a corn field map, and can't go wrong with a soul harvest for the entity.

    Last idea would be The Headless Horseman because its a real horror classic......too bad no one uses him anymore in the media.

    Those are my thoughts so name a DLC yourself that no one will expect but will still be amazing.

    A Fatal Frame chapter.

  • I'd love to see a Slenderman/SCP Chapter- that was the stuff that got me into horror, just like Amnesia: The Dark Descent back in the day.

    A really off one though? A Puppet Combo chapter. They’re a dev that makes PS1/PS2 style horror games in the modern day that are based on older slashers and odd horror films. I love their work and I would absolutely love to see Puppet Combo get one of their game's killers in the game.

    (People should totally check them out- they're honestly great and make amazing games.)

  • @unluckycombo said:

    I'd love to see a Slenderman/SCP Chapter- that was the stuff that got me into horror, just like Amnesia: The Dark Descent back in the day.

    A really off one though? A Puppet Combo chapter. They’re a dev that makes PS1/PS2 style horror games in the modern day that are based on older slashers and odd horror films. I love their work and I would absolutely love to see Puppet Combo get one of their game's killers in the game.

    (People should totally check them out- they're honestly great and make amazing games.)

    YES! They killers they make are terrifying which is perfect for Dead By daylight. Heck would be cool if Puppet Combo can help make a chapter with the Devs because that will be very interesting to see.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653434#Comment_1653434

    Oh yeah I remember that game and they could do him easily since how they made the Blight's camera so low....wish they can fix that but guess that mean we can have killers that are hunched over.

    Hope they do even though Devs said something about not doing Cult Movies like Pumpkin Head so that would be a Cult video game so idk if they would do that but would be awesome.

    If we got a DLC about Silent Hill. It is possible we could get one for Clock Tower too. I could even see The Barrows Mansion as the map and it'd be such an incredible setting with the right atmosphere. Clock Tower has also became a sort of defunct franchise after Clock Tower 3 (which was terrible) released in 2002.

    Alternately, although unlikely, I would like to see a Rule of Rose DLC although it is one of those obscure horror games that probably nobody ever played. I do have a problem in visualising a Killer from there whatsoever. The Stray Dog, while psychotic, would be difficult to sort of structure into DBD without making him an entirely different character.

  • @adirgeforthedead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653532#Comment_1653532

    If we got a DLC about Silent Hill. It is possible we could get one for Clock Tower too. I could even see The Barrows Mansion as the map and it'd be such an incredible setting with the right atmosphere. Clock Tower has also became a sort of defunct franchise after Clock Tower 3 (which was terrible) released in 2002.

    Alternately, although unlikely, I would like to see a Rule of Rose DLC although it is one of those obscure horror games that probably nobody ever played. I do have a problem in visualising a Killer from there whatsoever. The Stray Dog, while psychotic, would be difficult to sort of structure into DBD without making him an entirely different character.

    That is true since idk if they would add a Dog killer since the Camera would be lower then Blight's camera.....think I seen a similar discussion about a Killer dog from a Japanese or dubbed film.

    Though they can make the Dog mutate to some what resemble a mutant werewolf/dog.

  • A "sleepy hollow" DLC, whether it be licensed or bhvrs own version i feel they could knock it out of the park.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1653634#Comment_1653634

    That is true since idk if they would add a Dog killer since the Camera would be lower then Blight's camera.....think I seen a similar discussion about a Killer dog from a Japanese or dubbed film.

    Though they can make the Dog mutate to some what resemble a mutant werewolf/dog.

    Oh, it's not a literal dog. Rule of Rose uses distorted fairytales through their gameplay to describe events. It is set in a orphanage during the time for WWII and the tales are the invention of a child known as The Duchess. The game is utterly disturbing to say the least.

    The Stray Dog is a story that the protagonist finds since the very beginning and it's presented as an enigmatic figure that punishes children for not obeying the laws of Red Crayon Aristocrat Club. As the protagonist ventures, she unveils The Stray Dog is a man called Gregory that lost his mind after the death of his own child. However, he only kills after a set of events breaks him thoroughly.

    WendyAndStrayDog.gif


  • Think it's about time the game stopped taking inspiration for killer's from movies and move into history / actual folklore.


    For instance;

    Peter Niers was a German serial killer and cannibal, who was executed on 16 September 1581 in Neumarkt, a few miles outside Nuremberg. It was also believed that he was a powerful black magician, with many supernatural abilities and his fame alone terrorized whole villages. Based on confessions extracted from him and his accomplices under torture, he was convicted of 544 murders, including 24 fetuses cut out of pregnant women—allegedly, the fetal remains were to be used in magic and for acts of cannibalism.


    Think it's about time we had a magical / voodo based killer tbh.

    The Magician for name obviously. As for power, well 'Supernatural' is a pretty big list of potential things, so I'm sure the devs can come up with something logical.


    So as a DLC name, probably something a long the lines of 'The Supernatural happenings of Nuremberg'

  • @adirgeforthedead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1655068#Comment_1655068

    Oh, it's not a literal dog. Rule of Rose uses distorted fairytales through their gameplay to describe events. It is set in a orphanage during the time for WWII and the tales are the invention of a child known as The Duchess. The game is utterly disturbing to say the least.

    The Stray Dog is a story that the protagonist finds since the very beginning and it's presented as an enigmatic figure that punishes children for not obeying the laws of Red Crayon Aristocrat Club. As the protagonist ventures, she unveils The Stray Dog is a man called Gregory that lost his mind after the death of his own child. However, he only kills after a set of events breaks him thoroughly.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/88D9CO7OH4ET/wendyandstraydog.gif

    Oh then yeah Devs can try and make that work.

    @CrowVortex said:

    Think it's about time the game stopped taking inspiration for killer's from movies and move into history / actual folklore.

    For instance;

    Peter Niers was a German serial killer and cannibal, who was executed on 16 September 1581 in Neumarkt, a few miles outside Nuremberg. It was also believed that he was a powerful black magician, with many supernatural abilities and his fame alone terrorized whole villages. Based on confessions extracted from him and his accomplices under torture, he was convicted of 544 murders, including 24 fetuses cut out of pregnant women—allegedly, the fetal remains were to be used in magic and for acts of cannibalism.

    Think it's about time we had a magical / voodo based killer tbh.

    The Magician for name obviously. As for power, well 'Supernatural' is a pretty big list of potential things, so I'm sure the devs can come up with something logical.

    So as a DLC name, probably something a long the lines of 'The Supernatural happenings of Nuremberg'

    Well sadly that would be a nada, Made my own Jack The Ripper Concept but made it have more fiction then real so its less connected to the real thing with whole entire custom lore https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/145341/the-shadow-of-london-chapter-jack-the-ripper-and-fbi-agent-the-shadow-and-robert-jameson/p1 but did not get lot of attention and tried to rework power but kinda gave up since Devs wont even consider the idea even though its more fiction then real.

  • @Orion said:

    L4D2 zombie, since we already have the Spitter Plague.

    Don't forget Smoke-I mean Slinger too. Imagine the Killers getting L4D skins!!! I mean they have them for survivors, and they canonically have Bill too. It could be done. Left 4 Dead 2 has recently gotten an out of nowhere update so it's fresh in people's minds

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649406#Comment_1649406

    I haven't played Zombie's since BO2 and a bit in BO3

    What map does Panzer Soldet appear on?

    Origins

    Thinking about this, Sam could be a great killer. I mean, an all powerful child with the knowledge of eldritch forces and the voices of curruption constantly talking to her, able to telepathically control the entire horde of zombies that ravaged and destroyed the world? That'll be pretty sick

  • @sotd_coauthor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649413#Comment_1649413

    Origins

    Thinking about this, Sam could be a great killer. I mean, an all powerful child with the knowledge of eldritch forces and the voices of curruption constantly talking to her, able to telepathically control the entire horde of zombies that ravaged and destroyed the world? That'll be pretty sick

    Indeed that would be an awesome DLC since we do have killers that use psychic powers or somewhat like Spirit or Freddy

    @ShadowRain said:

    Black Christmas

    Well idk about that but would be cool for a Krampus DLC

  • Legacy of Kain

  • A proper Evil dead chapter with a killer map and new survivor(s)

  • I'm not too well versed in horror, but I've seen some interesting concept videos for potential licenses in dbd. So my vote would go to Clock Tower and/or Haunting Ground.

1 2 ›