The upcoming update is actually really amazing.

...And you can't change my mind.

Think about it. It's been a while since we actually got this many perks changed under one update.

There might be the usual minority that will disagree with a few things, such as the Thanatophobia change, however even if the healing penalty will no longer exist for it, people will still find it annoying to go against, especially combined with Dying Light. I mean, I sure would find it annoying to go against, but I can't judge for sure until I actually see the update for myself.

And of course, the Pyramid Head nerf. Thank goodness, I was starting to get too good playing as Pyramid Head.

But the best change of all? Well of course, it has to be the Perk Rarity Simplification! I'm a simple man with a simple mind, and I absolutely adore simplicity in anything. This one just takes the cake. Well done, lads.

I'm eager to try the PTB already!

Comments

  • I mean I am a bit skeptical about the perk changes, but they look decent. Combine Sloppy with thana and you got yourself a godly combination. Now Pyramid heads change isn't really all that major as a matter of fact you can still bait survivors with it you just gotta do it at a certain time

  • @Godot said:

    ...And you can't change my mind.

    Think about it. It's been a while since we actually got this many perks changed under one update.

    There might be the usual minority that will disagree with a few things, such as the Thanatophobia change, however even if the healing penalty will no longer exist for it, people will still find it annoying to go against, especially combined with Dying Light. I mean, I sure would find it annoying to go against, but I can't judge for sure until I actually see the update for myself.

    And of course, the Pyramid Head nerf. Thank goodness, I was starting to get too good playing as Pyramid Head.

    But the best change of all? Well of course, it has to be the Perk Rarity Simplification! I'm a simple man with a simple mind, and I absolutely adore simplicity in anything. This one just takes the cake. Well done, lads.

    I'm eager to try the PTB already!

    Thanatophobia change will make it viable even if it's a 2% increase especially on killers who can keep people injured like Legion and Plague. People who think it's going to be a nerf want it to be the next hot "set and forget" perk on every killer to stack with other slowdowns - which probably shouldn't be the goal. Dying Light doesn't even need to be combo'd and probably just a Win-more combination but hey sometimes that can be the snowball that you need.

    Don't believe the wailing killers who believe PH will be unplayable and now the weakest killer on the roster because those are grossly exaggerated as he's still a 115% killer with a ranged attack that can AOE multiple survivors or guarantee hits in locked animations. He's still very strong in chase and now more "skill based" at the cost of having no additional mobility (Like Billy or Blight) to travel the map but not as low as Deathslinger and Huntress, putting him in the middle of the pack all things considered.

    Better Perk sorting or a "Favorites" button would've been nice while they did this but can't really complain it's a QoL change.

    On other killer perks - Trail of Torment has potential for borderline abusive synergies. Forced Penance and Mindbreaker have potential though still not "meta" changing probably. Cruel Limits is still tied to the 5 Generator pops per match activation limit so it STILL won't see play with far more drastic buffs. Pop goes the Weasel nerf is significant enough to matter but will still useable so I'm okay with it.

    Survivor Perks: Any Means Necessary - Good enough to see play more often and force killers to religiously kick pallets (running Brutal Strength on killers who can't with their power or skip over them). Slippery Meat - Discount Deliverance that pairs with Luck synergies, meh for game health but why not. For the people getting a BP score event just makes sense. WGLF - Anything is better than nothing no matter the numbers - they should probably make Dark Sense into a similar token based perk for finishing highlighted gens to complete the grinding BP builds promote playing to win. Technician - buffing the training wheels part of the perk rather than the actual stealth nature of quieter gens... seems misplaced.

  • theyre cool, but most of the perk changes aren’t that substantial to shake up the meta.

    the only perks i can see being somewhat useful are trails of torment and and thana, but it depends on what thanas new numbers are. the rest are still pretty bad

  • I was really happy with this perk updates patch until last spacecoconuts video came out making me realise that these changes were in the making for 8 MONTHS. I hope that devs didn't actually take all that time for these few very very slight perk changes. If that's the case, I have no other words then disappointment.

    I sure hope that it's not the case and it didn't take 8 MONTHS to slightly adjust a few perks. @Almo Please tell me something pushed the changes back and that you didn't really take 8 months to slightly adjust only a few perks.

  • @Kebek said:

    I was really happy with this perk updates patch until last spacecoconuts video came out making me realise that these changes were in the making for 8 MONTHS. I hope that devs didn't actually take all that time for these few very very slight perk changes. If that's the case, I have no other words then disappointment.

    I sure hope that it's not the case and it didn't take 8 MONTHS to slightly adjust a few perks. @Almo Please tell me something pushed the changes back and that you didn't really take 8 months to slightly adjust only a few perks.

    image.png image.png

    Please tell me you're joking.

  • Okay, okay-

    I get that coding can be difficult, and this is what I say all the time as well, but... 8 months?

    Yeah, okay. I'm convinced. Dead by Daylight's code is spaghetti.

  • @Godot said:

    ...And you can't change my mind.

    Think about it. It's been a while since we actually got this many perks changed under one update.

    There might be the usual minority that will disagree with a few things, such as the Thanatophobia change, however even if the healing penalty will no longer exist for it, people will still find it annoying to go against, especially combined with Dying Light. I mean, I sure would find it annoying to go against, but I can't judge for sure until I actually see the update for myself.

    And of course, the Pyramid Head nerf. Thank goodness, I was starting to get too good playing as Pyramid Head.

    But the best change of all? Well of course, it has to be the Perk Rarity Simplification! I'm a simple man with a simple mind, and I absolutely adore simplicity in anything. This one just takes the cake. Well done, lads.

    I'm eager to try the PTB already!

    I'm with you man, I'm so pumped for this update. My biggest complaint is the lack of perk variety, and so many are receiving changes this time, some of which have been wanted for years like WGLF.

    Everyone is overreacting right now because we don't even have the numbers for many of the changes. But I was pretty happy with everything I read in the update!

  • I'm still terrified of Blood Pact. That's going to get nerfed, I see it coming even now. Indefinite haste effect so long as your buddy is within 16m? Who cares if the killer has 2 people occupied if they literally cannot catch them

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I'm still terrified of Blood Pact. That's going to get nerfed, I see it coming even now. Indefinite haste effect so long as your buddy is within 16m? Who cares if the killer has 2 people occupied if they literally cannot catch them

    Haste isn't that strong an effect, plus having two people off generators is already enough slowdown. 7% in 16m after which is lost is not bad. Expecially when you consider that hope, which is basically this perk, is not that used, only really useful against solo chases of 110% speed killers of whom have no power (hag with no traps up, Huntress with no hatchets etc)


    Super hyped for the wglf buff though.

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646260#Comment_1646260

    Haste isn't that strong an effect, plus having two people off generators is already enough slowdown. 7% in 16m after which is lost is not bad. Expecially when you consider that hope, which is basically this perk, is not that used, only really useful against solo chases of 110% speed killers of whom have no power (hag with no traps up, Huntress with no hatchets etc)

    Super hyped for the wglf buff though.

    Have you ever chased someone with the perk Hope? Or as one of the mirror Myers? Haste is one of the strongest effects in the game - it makes survivors almost as fast as killers while looping. As in, instead of 3 loops around a junk tile, they'll get 8-9, if not more.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646279#Comment_1646279

    Have you ever chased someone with the perk Hope? Or as one of the mirror Myers? Haste is one of the strongest effects in the game - it makes survivors almost as fast as killers while looping. As in, instead of 3 loops around a junk tile, they'll get 8-9, if not more.

    I have, and mirror Myers is a very very niche situation to run against a hope player, but like it's not really overpowered as Its at the end of the game and by that point you've already lost as mirror myers. I've played as Huntress against a hope player, and with my power I've deffinately not allowed them to get 8-9 loops around a tile. I've played against many hope players on 115% speed killers and it's really really not bad, except when you don't have access to your power.

    That being said, mirror Myers against the new blood pact would be rough, but like I'd say buff mirror Myers, not nerf the perk.

    Same with buffing Myers in general tbh he struggles a ton against good players. Leatherface is basically an infinite T3 Myers with a charge up, but far far faster.

    Huntress should tbh have 1% speed for every missing hatchet below 5. Hag and like deathslinger are pretty much acceptable always at 110%.

  • But they said they doubled their team size since 2018?? There is no way it took them eight months to do that...right?

  • Yeah it must be nice to not have to need a bugfix patch all your own *cries in Nurse*

    But yeah some of the perk changes I like and I'm really excited for the PH change, as I hope it will address all the problems I had with PotD.

  • I'm also excited for this. I think the rationale behind all the changes made sense and I'm looking forward to seeing it all in action. 8 months also sounds like a pretty normal timeframe to make these kinds of changes, IMO. It's not like one person can just go, "Hey, what if we did this?" and put it in the game.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    I'm also excited for this. I think the rationale behind all the changes made sense and I'm looking forward to seeing it all in action. 8 months also sounds like a pretty normal timeframe to make these kinds of changes, IMO. It's not like one person can just go, "Hey, what if we did this?" and put it in the game.

    Fair, but if we only include the perk changes here, I think 8 months is kind of a stretch. It also really depends on how many people were working on the code and whatnot.

    I mean, this makes me seriously wonder how perks look like in the code, so I would know why they took so long to do, but at the same time they make me question everything because... I know we're talking about many perk changes here, but each chapter adds 6 new perks (and a killer + survivor as well) and the timeframe between them is questionable.

    Silent Hill Chapter was released on June 16th and Descent Beyond was released on September 8th. There's only about three and a half months between that, and they pumped out loads of more content than just a few perk changes.

  • I agree, I do think they are heading towards a nice direction with these upcoming "perk & balance updates". And graphics updates are always welcome as well. I hope they'll do the same thing with addons eventually, since there are plenty of addons that need to be revisited (cough cough nurse please).

  • I can't wait until Legion with thana/dying becomes the new meta and all the complaining starts. Popcorn at the ready.

    edit: oh wait don't forget ruin/undying too.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646279#Comment_1646279

    Have you ever chased someone with the perk Hope? Or as one of the mirror Myers? Haste is one of the strongest effects in the game - it makes survivors almost as fast as killers while looping. As in, instead of 3 loops around a junk tile, they'll get 8-9, if not more.

    Only on killers who don’t have an anti loop though, and lets face it most killers these days do.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646283#Comment_1646283

    Only on killers who don’t have an anti loop though, and lets face it most killers these days do.

    No I had a survivor get Hope and they made it all the way around dead dog saloon. At that point there's only 8% speed difference between you and the survivor.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646283#Comment_1646283

    Only on killers who don’t have an anti loop though, and lets face it most killers these days do.

    List all of the "antiloop killers" for me, if you will.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647082#Comment_1647082

    List all of the "antiloop killers" for me, if you will.

    Nurse, Spirit, Freddy, Clown, Doctor, Hag, PP head, Deathslinger, Demogorgon, Blight and Huntress are what I would call hard anti loopers, in a sense that they pretty much always have their anti loop at disposal and it’s relatively effective or at least good at changing the way can be used.

    Then there are antiloopers like oni, plague and trapper who may not be able to use their anitloop all the time but it is very effective.

    Finally there are the killers who can use their power at loops sometimes and have a partial anti loop but mostly play loops as usually, like Billy, Pig, Leatherface, Myers, Legion and ghost face ( due to his ability to loose his terror radius and red light mid chase).

    Only killer who I would argue has nothing at all in chase is wraith, who honestly idk why he’s still in this state at this point in the game and really desperately needs a change.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647082#Comment_1647082

    No I had a survivor get Hope and they made it all the way around dead dog saloon. At that point there's only 8% speed difference between you and the survivor.

    Yea what killer were u playing.

  • Pyramidhead. It takes forever to catch up when they're running around there.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647118#Comment_1647118

    Nurse, Spirit, Freddy, Clown, Doctor, Hag, PP head, Deathslinger, Demogorgon, Blight and Huntress are what I would call hard anti loopers, in a sense that they pretty much always have their anti loop at disposal and it’s relatively effective or at least good at changing the way can be used.

    Then there are antiloopers like oni, plague and trapper who may not be able to use their anitloop all the time but it is very effective.

    Finally there are the killers who can use their power at loops sometimes and have a partial anti loop but mostly play loops as usually, like Billy, Pig, Leatherface, Myers, Legion and ghost face ( due to his ability to loose his terror radius and red light mid chase).

    Only killer who I would argue has nothing at all in chase is wraith, who honestly idk why he’s still in this state at this point in the game and really desperately needs a change.

    Only about 4 of those killers actually deny looping. The rest can simply use their power in loops. Don't confuse the two.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647144#Comment_1647144

    Only about 4 of those killers actually deny looping. The rest can simply use their power in loops. Don't confuse the two.

    Yea but the point is that the fact that they can use their power in loops means that the haste affect rarely every becomes problematic for the killer.

  • Only thing that disappoints me is the devs forgot about Vigil. It was one of the perks they meant to update since it was added to the game when survivors recovered from exhaustion whilst running so I was interested in an updated version of the perk.

    EDIT: @Almo are there any plans for Vigil?

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647145#Comment_1647145

    Pyramidhead. It takes forever to catch up when they're running around there.

    Alrighty it can be frustrating but lets be honest, how often would this ever come into play? There is also bloodlust which only takes 15 seconds to proc.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647223#Comment_1647223

    Yea but the point is that the fact that they can use their power in loops means that the haste affect rarely every becomes problematic for the killer.

    Yeah, no. That isn't the case. Give me 7% extra speed and I will destroy almost every killer in the game, and I'm not even that good. The only reason I don't run Hope is because it's active when you don't need it.

    And even then, even in this magical world where the killer only being 8% faster than survivors isn't a big deal... Hold-W.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647225#Comment_1647225

    Yeah, no. That isn't the case. Give me 7% extra speed and I will destroy almost every killer in the game, and I'm not even that good. The only reason I don't run Hope is because it's active when you don't need it.

    And even then, even in this magical world where the killer only being 8% faster than survivors isn't a big deal... Hold-W.

    Survivors who hold w dont know how to play the game and r extremely boring.

    7% all game would be insane yes but its not all game and not every survivor which is the point.

  • When someone says "you can't change my mind" than it automatically shows that you can ignore that person

  • @PlutoniumYT said:

    When someone says "you can't change my mind" than it automatically shows that you can ignore that person

    Clearly you didn't ignore the post made by that person then. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  • @GoodLookinCookin said:

    But they said they doubled their team size since 2018?? There is no way it took them eight months to do that...right?

    Double team size - half the efficiency.

    You'd think with more team, you would have more people available for - designing more cosmetic options instead of the scarce and random packs we get now; more people for designing and redesigning perks; more people for working on killer power reworks.

    You can't fix shoddy programmer etiquette though - if they built the game with horribly spaghetti coding then that is entirely plausible that it'd take them 8 months to fix these minor things; and why nothing else ever gets done about some of the more major things in the game.

  • @Godot said:

    ...And you can't change my mind.

    Think about it. It's been a while since we actually got this many perks changed under one update.

    There might be the usual minority that will disagree with a few things, such as the Thanatophobia change, however even if the healing penalty will no longer exist for it, people will still find it annoying to go against, especially combined with Dying Light. I mean, I sure would find it annoying to go against, but I can't judge for sure until I actually see the update for myself.

    And of course, the Pyramid Head nerf. Thank goodness, I was starting to get too good playing as Pyramid Head.

    But the best change of all? Well of course, it has to be the Perk Rarity Simplification! I'm a simple man with a simple mind, and I absolutely adore simplicity in anything. This one just takes the cake. Well done, lads.

    I'm eager to try the PTB already!

    Pyramid's change was pandering to the Survivors - let's get that out of the way first and foremost.

    As for whether or not it is a good thing - that's on bias. There was nothing wrong in the slightest with Pyramid being able to continually bait Survivors with his attack switching. It forced Survivors to not be able to play the same playstyle and looping patterns they were used to.

    The only way this change will be "good" is if the cooldown reduction after a range strike is actually considerable otherwise, PH will become even more of an M1 killer than he already is in most cases because his powers are extremely situational and Survivor position dependent. They should have also cut the time it takes for him to enter Rites, because it's stupidly slow to trigger in a chase (which is one of the better places to use it, trailing torment trenches in a loop path as you run).

    That, or they should have given him increased movement speed while dragging trenches; outside of chases only to give him map mobiliy. It would have compensated for his (objectively) "skill-based" gameplay.

  • Could someone please provide me a link where I can read all the upcoming changes?

  • @Godot said:

    ...And you can't change my mind.

    Think about it. It's been a while since we actually got this many perks changed under one update.

    There might be the usual minority that will disagree with a few things, such as the Thanatophobia change, however even if the healing penalty will no longer exist for it, people will still find it annoying to go against, especially combined with Dying Light. I mean, I sure would find it annoying to go against, but I can't judge for sure until I actually see the update for myself.

    And of course, the Pyramid Head nerf. Thank goodness, I was starting to get too good playing as Pyramid Head.

    But the best change of all? Well of course, it has to be the Perk Rarity Simplification! I'm a simple man with a simple mind, and I absolutely adore simplicity in anything. This one just takes the cake. Well done, lads.

    I'm eager to try the PTB already!

    I'm just confused by some of the change. Mainly the WGLF one. They could have made Buckle Up usable with a secondary power tha tmade sense. Instead they gave it to WGLF. They could have just done faster unhooks or something.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647229#Comment_1647229

    Survivors who hold w dont know how to play the game and r extremely boring.

    7% all game would be insane yes but its not all game and not every survivor which is the point.

    Survivors who know when to hold W and when to run to the nearest pallet are some of the smarter ones.

    Go play a game on Midwich and tell me holding W isn't insanely strong in certain areas. If you and the survivor both chase in a straight line with the survivor having a 5 second headstart in can take upwards of a minute for 2 hits. That 15% speed does nothing if there's no way to cut the survivor off or use a power to catch up.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647233#Comment_1647233

    Survivors who know when to hold W and when to run to the nearest pallet are some of the smarter ones.

    Go play a game on Midwich and tell me holding W isn't insanely strong in certain areas. If you and the survivor both chase in a straight line with the survivor having a 5 second headstart in can take upwards of a minute for 2 hits. That 15% speed does nothing if there's no way to cut the survivor off or use a power to catch up.

    It’s strong but who plays the game to hold w unless you’ve watched soms sort of fun goose tutorial.