Let's revisit the ''Nerf Prayer Beads'' threads
Remember The old Prayer Beads? How toxic, broken, and uncounterable they were?
You might think to yourself ''surely the community agreed that they needed a nerf''
Let's have a look!
Thread #1
@anarchy753 said:
Yes, even worse than Iridescent Heads. At least a survivor against Huntress has a chance to dodge 3 hatchets.
Prayer Beads lacks any realistic form of counterplay besides crossing your fingers and hoping.
A survivor can be grabbed and hook instantly in a match without any chance to see it's the Spirit. Any other quick down is AT LEAST telegraphed by chainsaw noises or Nurse's blink sounds, but Prayer Beads has nothing.
I know it's been discussed a lot, but it's not something that should remain untouched until Spirit gets an overall look at. (After Nurse, Leatherface, Pig, and the 6 other killers that have been mentioned to be in line.) It's a single outlying issue that should be resolved.
From a survivor standpoint, it's blatantly anti-fun. You can't do you objective without the constant risk that if you don't have eyes (or SWF) on Spirit, she could skip your entire ability to run in a chase. That's not even considering the disgusting 5 totem protector build that usually comes hand in hand with it, because, again, there's no real counterplay. Sure if you're a 4 man SWF you can coordinate doing 2 totems at once, but solo survivors have no play except "gee I hope I get the hatch this match."
From a killer standpoint, I see why people enjoy it, but literally just being gamebreakingly overpowered isn't fun, nor competitive.
Please, rework this add on to something FAIR for both sides.
- All survivors can hear your phase noises outside your terror radius. A decent alternative which at least gives the ability to play around the phasing, while making it constantly uncertain like Wraith's global bell add on. The major downside of this would be SWF calling out "phasing" every time someone else is in a chase.
- All survivors hear your phase noises, full stop. Would remove the "mind games" from chases but similar to the point above, would constantly force players to second guess if they can continue gens or totems. Similar downsides exist for many other killer add ons.
- The original version, where phase sounds were in a dramatically lowered radius. Allows her the stealthy approach she gets already without the absolute cheese of easy grabs.
- Anything unrelated to phase sounds. Plenty of completely random add ons are popping up on other killers, maybe Spirit could get one to replace the beads effect entirely.
Spirit does NOT need a power rework, and basically every other add on she has is reasonable. All she needs is a prayer beads change to settle people down about her.
First post:
*Laughs in styptic agent and red syringe*
Thread #2
@thesuicidefox said:
At red rank literally every Spirit uses this dumb add-on. Too many boosted killers using it, can we please get some sort of drawback to it? This coming from a Spirit main. Prayer Beads are lame to play against when it's every single game. And no I don't have a problem escaping from PB Spirit it's just... not fun. They always try to grab you and camp gens and totems so hard it's sad. You are basically forced to play super immersed which isn't fun.
Sorry but if you use this add-on you aren't a good Spirit. I know certain people will come in here and down vote or say how it's fair bla bla bla. It's lame and you know it. Stop defending this skillless BS. It's as bad as iri hatchets or extra blink/omega blink Nurse. Possibly worse.
Deal with it. ;D (11 likes)
you suggest killing strong killers` addons, be kind to suggest killing some OP survivors` perks, ty. (10 likes)
Thread #3
@Sentry said:
This isn't a bait I don't play spirit to much and I was wondering why. As far as I know the add just gets ride of the phasing sound.
Because it's easier to call something OP rather than learning how to beat them. (35 likes)
And a lot of, ''git gud'', ''cry more'' and ''the grass moves'' bullshit
Why am I sharing this now?
To show you that the users here know jack ######### about the health/balance of the game.
One year later and still the same level of discourse is being used.
- Shifting the focus to other perks when discussing one
- Providing false informations about ''counters'' to situations (''if a Bubba facecamps you just do gens and 3 will escape'' bullshit comes to mind)
- Posting impossible situations to prove there is a counter
- Blaming the users complaining about something
If you would leave this thread with any information make it this:
No one understands the health/balance of the game better than the devs themselves. If you think something is harming the health of this game, share it here but don't expect the community to respond with other than pure garbage.
Comments
yeah... basically. Thats DBD forums in a nutshell.
Oh? you think moris are op? Well KEyS ArE oP, sO moRiS aRE fiNe. They can both be op, and deserving of nerfs ya know :)
i do genuinely believe i see more entitled killers now than i do survivors
It’s because killers hav been used to getting consistent buffs since the release of dbd, and fairly since back then, killer was incredibly weak. But the games changed now and it is far more balanced, some killers however still have the mentality as if it is 2016 dbd and survivors deserve only nerfs and never buffs and that a killer nerf means the game is survivor sided.
yea, i mean take a look at the true talent fanbase look at anyone of his vids and you will see someone saying the games broken and survivor sided
5 years from now every sacred cow will be tipped over and no one will care.
All those salty moments will be lost in time, like salt....in a very blowey windy area. Time to sleep now.
I'm %100 team nerf prayer beads
I say it in the op but but the recent Pop and PH threads made realize that most users here don't care about the balance of the game and the level of discourse back then is still the same.
I mean it’s no secret that players whether here or on other platforms don’t really understand the game.
I don’t particularly think that bringing up another point while still staying relevant to the conversation is a bad thing. Sometimes some things go hand in hand.
Ive had discussions with people who make good points about why PH is boring to play against and others who simply say he is OP, which I just ignore.
I also don’t fully agree with the part that the devs understand the health/balance of the game (at least not 100%) when history has shown otherwise. I have great respect for them but they are not perfect by any means, and I am willing to bet that some of the best balance adjustments have come straight from the community.
So brave
I blame Twitch streamers for this mentality tbh.
Monto and Tru would just point all these perks the survivors used to somehow prove that they are toxic
I mean look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e9CYiAcn1k&ab_channel=TrU3Ta1entBesides the awful title, Pop, disocarande, and all seeing eye
MEME build btw
Prayer Beads got a counter that's still quite strong rn. "Spine Chill".
But spirit was a bit overtuned, so i don't really care they nerfed it.
Me Wraith, Me Top 3 killer, Me viable killer, Me 3 hits and 1 hook.
The showed that impressively with the release of MoM for example. Great understanding there!
"No one understands the health/balance of the game better than the devs themselves."
Do they though? The PH changes are very one sided, the developers didn't seem to understand the issue with large maps, perks that weren't too much of an issue (pop) are getting changed before perks that are a much bigger problem (OoO).
But then again maybe that's the point. Health =/= balance. They understand health it seems and at times balance takes a sacrifice for it.
The reason I don't self identify as a "killer main" even though I definitely play a bit more killer is because of this. Killers are definitely whinier even if they are justified a lot of the time.
Prayer Beads needed a nerf though. They were stupid OP. Any Spirit that put this on basically got an easy 4k even if they suck.
Not sure what the point of this thread is. Seems like name and shaming to me.
Let's not pretend here; Prayer Beads as they used to be were way too oppressive and negated the singular thing survivors had to "counter" her and resulted in people just gen-tapping until they knew where she was.
Yes there are Survivor things that are unfair that need addressing, but change comes with time, and Prayer Beads were a priority
They’re saying that even an add on as objectively strong as Prayer Beads got upvoted comments saying “they’re fine” or “but what about X” or “just git gud”.
If you look at places like forums, reddit and Tru3Ta1ent's chat (last time I spoke in his chat and talked about how Compound 21 and Topknot were OP, and not skill based when you run them every single game after he said he likes to show skill, he just assumes I only play survivor and have never played a game of killer in my life), you see it at like a 80/20 ratio IMO, not even close. I'm a killer main (somehwere between 60-40 and 70-30) who plays both sides, although I prefer killer, and triy to be objective and consider both balance and fun aspects, I've been called an 'entitled killer main' like twice ever and and a 'survivor main' 10s of times just for having takes that are anything other than **swf op!!! genrush bad!!! killer good!!**