Why does iron will not work against the plague?

I'm talking about the coughing sounds you make BEFORE youre totally sick and puking. Why does iron will not hide this sound? Doesn't make a lot of sense

Comments

  • Maybe they don't count coughing as a grunt of pain. God I actually miss going against plague. Haven't seen one in over 7 months

  • @BabyDweetMain said:

    Maybe they don't count coughing as a grunt of pain. God I actually miss going against plague. Haven't seen one in over 7 months

    I'm playing her right now 8)

  • Cause you can't puke if you have something blocking your mouth

  • Because she already has an extensive list of weaknesses. Her passive ability to counter a lot of healing/sound type perks is one of her few strengths. If you took that away she would need some good buffs. I'd even argue she needs them already in her current state before touching anything.

  • sorry to ask how do I make a post their asking what category it is and I don't see discussions. I sent one to the Italians earlier.

  • Iron will doesn't work because you're not injured. You're infected.

    It's the same as asking "why don't medkits work on plague!?". You're not injured. You're sick.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    Iron will doesn't work because you're not injured. You're infected.

    It's the same as asking "why don't medkits work on plague!?". You're not injured. You're sick.

    I know that. I'm wondering why they didnt make the perk include that though

  • @Blueberry said:

    Because she already has an extensive list of weaknesses. Her passive ability to counter a lot of healing/sound type perks is one of her few strengths. If you took that away she would need some good buffs. I'd even argue she needs them already in her current state before touching anything.

    I dont play killer so I wouldnt know. Thank you for your feedback :)

  • I guess violently coughing while staying quiet is hard for the survivors to do.

  • @Magerchub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630895#Comment_1630895

    I know that. I'm wondering why they didnt make the perk include that though

    The devs have begun to remove perks countering killers such as saboteur no longer working on trapper's bear traps.

    I doubt it will ever be added even if they weren't simply because the plague doesn't need a nerf(Its arguable she needs a buff to some).

  • Iron Will is ONLY supposed to suppress grunts of pain. Coughing isn't part of that. However, it also suppresses breathing, which it clearly isn't supposed to do.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630925#Comment_1630925

    The devs have begun to remove perks countering killers such as saboteur no longer working on trapper's bear traps.

    I doubt it will ever be added even if they weren't simply because the plague doesn't need a nerf(Its arguable she needs a buff to some).

    as a survivor main i love to hear that :D

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Iron Will is ONLY supposed to suppress grunts of pain. Coughing isn't part of that. However, it also suppresses breathing, which it clearly isn't supposed to do.

    The perk literally says that it reduces regular breathing wdym

  • @Get_Beaned_B0I said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631019#Comment_1631019

    The perk literally says that it reduces regular breathing wdym

    You're able to concentrate and enter a meditative-like state to numb some pain.

    Grunts of Pain caused by injuries are reduced by 50/75/100

    No it doesn't

  • @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639809#Comment_1639809

    You're able to concentrate and enter a meditative-like state to numb some pain.

    Grunts of Pain caused by injuries are reduced by 50/75/100

    No it doesn't

    Wait that’s stridor I forgot how much of an idiot I am

  • Sickness noises are not injured noises, simple as that.

  • As others said, sick noises are not grunts of pain. I'm not sure if Calm Spirit negates the sick sound instead, but I would assume it would since it counters screams from Infectious and Doctor.

  • @Magerchub said:

    I'm talking about the coughing sounds you make BEFORE youre totally sick and puking. Why does iron will not hide this sound? Doesn't make a lot of sense

    Because that’s the whole point of Vile Purge, and the infected & sick states.

    It’s supposed to be threatening enough that it encourages cleansing.

    • 1 hit state.
    • Easy to track survivors.

    If a perk like Iron Will countered that she would become completely powerless. At least in her current state if survivors don’t cleanse she still has a power: easily finding survivors.

    If you’re a survivor that needs to stealth, just accept that you should cleanse, and hope that the others cleanse fast enough that it resets her fountains.

  • @unluckycombo said:

    As others said, sick noises are not grunts of pain. I'm not sure if Calm Spirit negates the sick sound instead, but I would assume it would since it counters screams from Infectious and Doctor.

    No. Calm Spirit only suppresses screaming. It does not suppress coughing (and puking).

    This is the same as running Calm Spirit against Clown. It will suppress the initial scream from being gassed, but Clown will still hear (and track) their coughing.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/192916/why-does-iron-will-not-work-against-the-plague

    Because that’s the whole point of Vile Purge, and the infected & sick states.

    It’s supposed to be threatening enough that it encourages cleansing.

    • 1 hit state.
    • Easy to track survivors.

    If a perk like Iron Will countered that she would become completely powerless. At least in her current state if survivors don’t cleanse she still has a power: easily finding survivors.

    If you’re a survivor that needs to stealth, just accept that you should cleanse, and hope that the others cleanse fast enough that it resets her fountains.

    Care to tell me how almost being perma tier 3 myers all game for splashing 1 drop of AOE puke on the survivors is a bad power?

    You would probably see her more if her power wasn't just so incredibly boring, cause she is super strong. I don't even mind if nobody cleanses because then I don't have to deal with the janky dedicated puke hitboxes too much.

  • @DaKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640071#Comment_1640071

    Care to tell me how almost being perma tier 3 myers all game for splashing 1 drop of AOE puke on the survivors is a bad power?

    You would probably see her more if her power wasn't just so incredibly boring, cause she is super strong. I don't even mind if nobody cleanses because then I don't have to deal with the janky dedicated puke hitboxes too much.

    You’ve confused me.

    I never said Vile Purge & Sickness was bad.

    I said there’s a point to why it reduces survivors to a 1 hit state that can’t be healed from, and leaves them in an easy to track noisy state: so that survivors feel threatened enough to actually cleanse.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640093#Comment_1640093

    You’ve confused me.

    I never said Vile Purge & Sickness was bad.

    I said there’s a point to why it reduces survivors to a 1 hit state that can’t be healed from, and leaves them in an easy to track noisy state: so that survivors feel threatened enough to actually cleanse.

    "If a perk like Iron Will countered that she would become completely powerless. At least in her current state if survivors don’t cleanse she still has a power: easily finding survivors."

    I feel like you are implying having the entire survivor team being a 1 shot down isn't good enough for a power.

    But I don't think it makes sense that either calm spirit or iron will doesn't stop it. I feel like it should probably be calm spirit that does since iron will is good enough as it is.

    Note how are these survivors are going to be stabbed, shot, beaten with a kanabo wielded by an 8 foot demon, run over with chainsaws, and then get shoved on meat hooks completely silent. But COUGHING? They can't summon the willpower to quiet that down.

  • @DaKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640112#Comment_1640112

    "If a perk like Iron Will countered that she would become completely powerless. At least in her current state if survivors don’t cleanse she still has a power: easily finding survivors."

    I feel like you are implying having the entire survivor team being a 1 shot down isn't good enough for a power.

    But I don't think it makes sense that either calm spirit or iron will doesn't stop it. I feel like it should probably be calm spirit that does since iron will is good enough as it is.

    Note how are these survivors are going to be stabbed, shot, beaten with a kanabo wielded by an 8 foot demon, run over with chainsaws, and then get shoved on meat hooks completely silent. But COUGHING? They can't summon the willpower to quiet that down.

    No, I mean that in either case: cleansing or not cleansing she still has a power. If her ability to easily track infected survivors had a counter that would be really bad for her and unbalanced. Iron Will users and Calm Spirit users would never have any reason to cleanse if the perk(s) worked against her.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640121#Comment_1640121

    No, I mean that in either case: cleansing or not cleansing she still has a power. If her ability to easily track infected survivors had a counter that would be really bad for her and unbalanced. Iron Will users and Calm Spirit users would never have any reason to cleanse if the perk(s) worked against her.

    You are going to say plague won't have enough of a power when calm spirit does what it does to the Doctor already? Hardly anyone even uses it.

    The threat of always being a 1 shot down should be enough; especially since she is given a pool for free now. You will get cleanses naturally as plague by applying enough pressure to the survivor team. If the whole team is a 1 shot; you can force them to trade hooks or slug until the guy on the hook is dead...or the rescuer has to go and cleanse.

  • @Magerchub said:

    I'm talking about the coughing sounds you make BEFORE youre totally sick and puking. Why does iron will not hide this sound? Doesn't make a lot of sense

    Iron will is your ability to not cry out in pain from wounds.

    Coughing is a forced, involuntary action that you do otherwise you're probably gonna choke to death on something.

  • She doesn't need another nerf.

    She already got nerfed this patch, when you're fully sick you do not make noises when you fall.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    Iron will doesn't work because you're not injured. You're infected.

    It's the same as asking "why don't medkits work on plague!?". You're not injured. You're sick.

    Survivors still bleed onto the ground while "sick"

  • @DaKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640123#Comment_1640123

    You are going to say plague won't have enough of a power when calm spirit does what it does to the Doctor already? Hardly anyone even uses it.

    The threat of always being a 1 shot down should be enough; especially since she is given a pool for free now. You will get cleanses naturally as plague by applying enough pressure to the survivor team. If the whole team is a 1 shot; you can force them to trade hooks or slug until the guy on the hook is dead...or the rescuer has to go and cleanse.

    Let me elaborate why Iron Will and/or Calm Spirit would be terrible for Plague if they were changed to counter coughing/puking.

    • She cannot mindgame with her power. She’s so damn tall, and easily visible. This is intentional design so that survivors stand a small chance when Plague has Corrupt Purge. This means she cannot mindgame loops very well at all. She also cannot fake her power like other killers to trick survivors and immediately go in for a hit. Even stacking her strongest reduced cool down add ons still won’t let her do this. But what she DOES have is that survivors cannot juke her when infected/sick because she can always hear where they’re going. If Iron Will and/or Calm Spirit took that away that would be beyond broken. She would be facing survivors that she BOTH cannot mindgame and have great difficulty tracking, meaning the survivors one hit state is meaningless. Even with your example with Doc, he still has restraint add ons, and can deny vaults and pallets with well timed shocks.
    • Iron Will against any other killer still allows the survivor the freedom to heal themselves or be healed by others when they want/need to, without the risk of that INCREASING the killers power. Against Plague, remaining sick/broken whilst still remaining silent (if the perks did this) would greatly reduce the incentive for survivors to cleanse, and nullifies the whole purpose of her power: risk vs risk. There will be no need to risk corrupting fountains against a killer that is easy to track, and is easy to juke.

    The whole point of vs Plague is the survivor deciding which risk they’re willing to take. Do they deny Corrupt Purge? If so they need to accept that they cannot hide or juke her and will go down in one hit. Or is stealth far more important, at the risk of if they’re spotted while she has CP they might be in a lot of trouble.

  • @unluckycombo said:

    As others said, sick noises are not grunts of pain. I'm not sure if Calm Spirit negates the sick sound instead, but I would assume it would since it counters screams from Infectious and Doctor.

    Calm spirit stops you from screaming which is why it counters scream related perks or power.

    Puking and coughing isn't screaming

  • @Get_Beaned_B0I said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639836#Comment_1639836

    Wait that’s stridor I forgot how much of an idiot I am

    Now this is a mood

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640133#Comment_1640133

    Let me elaborate why Iron Will and/or Calm Spirit would be terrible for Plague if they were changed to counter coughing/puking.

    • She cannot mindgame with her power. She’s so damn tall, and easily visible. This is intentional design so that survivors stand a small chance when Plague has Corrupt Purge. This means she cannot mindgame loops very well at all. She also cannot fake her power like other killers to trick survivors and immediately go in for a hit. Even stacking her strongest reduced cool down add ons still won’t let her do this. But what she DOES have is that survivors cannot juke her when infected/sick because she can always hear where they’re going. If Iron Will and/or Calm Spirit took that away that would be beyond broken. She would be facing survivors that she BOTH cannot mindgame and have great difficulty tracking, meaning the survivors one hit state is meaningless. Even with your example with Doc, he still has restraint add ons, and can deny vaults and pallets with well timed shocks.
    • Iron Will against any other killer still allows the survivor the freedom to heal themselves or be healed by others when they want/need to, without the risk of that INCREASING the killers power. Against Plague, remaining sick/broken whilst still remaining silent (if the perks did this) would greatly reduce the incentive for survivors to cleanse, and nullifies the whole purpose of her power: risk vs risk. There will be no need to risk corrupting fountains against a killer that is easy to track, and is easy to juke.

    The whole point of vs Plague is the survivor deciding which risk they’re willing to take. Do they deny Corrupt Purge? If so they need to accept that they cannot hide or juke her and will go down in one hit. Or is stealth far more important, at the risk of if they’re spotted while she has CP they might be in a lot of trouble.

    Isn't she also a 110 killer because of her ranged power?

    So if survivor have less incentive to cleanse, resulting in a non-lethal power combined with less movement speed and weak to no mindgame.

  • @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640069#Comment_1640069

    Calm spirit stops you from screaming which is why it counters scream related perks or power.

    Puking and coughing isn't screaming

    That's fair, I just figured Calm Spirit might since it does counter screaming, and as others said, it's similar to how it counters Doc with weeding people out who are stealthy. (Granted, Doc's power has more utility at loops, but his power also doesn't make people possible 1 shot downs so...)

    Idk, I think it's kinda odd that Plague doesn't have a counter to her sick noises, since she does have other tracking abilities- even if they aren't as good as sick noises. I don't think it's gamebreaking considering how little Plague is played, but it is a bit odd that Calm Spirit doesn't counter it. (I know it only says Screams and Crows, but if they were to make a counter to sick noises, I'd rather it be tacked on to Calm Spirit- Iron Will is strong enough as is.)

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640154#Comment_1640154

    Isn't she also a 110 killer because of her ranged power?

    So if survivor have less incentive to cleanse, resulting in a non-lethal power combined with less movement speed and weak to no mindgame.

    She’s 115%

  • Ah okay thanks. I may play her but I seemingly don't know her XD might have to do with me not playing her more than a couple of games.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640453#Comment_1640453

    Ah okay thanks. I may play her but I seemingly don't know her XD might have to do with me not playing her more than a couple of games.

    Her lofty height gives the illusion that she moves slow.

  • @BabyDweetMain said:

    Maybe they don't count coughing as a grunt of pain. God I actually miss going against plague. Haven't seen one in over 7 months

    She has a lot of bugs right now. Like using your power rubber bands you