I am getting fed up now (vent)

I will still play the game, cuz I payed good money. But every single game out of the 30+ games I've done solo queue, everyone keeps tunneling and camping. Every. Single. Game. Only one game I didn't get tunneled/camped cuz the killer pitied me and the other Meg cuz two people D/Ced cuz she had Iri-Head.

I try to play other games but I get bored so easily. I don't know which platform it is, but it sure as hell isn't Xbox. I am not disabling cross-play cuz I don't need hour long queue times. Why is this considered a strategy. I literally get face camped, I just wanted to complete a ######### challenge and I can't do that.

It just keeps happening, over, and over, and over again. Why!? Why do people have to ruin another person's experience. Then I get stuck with potato teammates who can't run a killer for 10 seconds and let people get to second phase/die on first hook.

If you read this, thank you, probably gonna take a break from the game and cool my head a bit.

Comments

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629691#Comment_1629691

    You know what? You're actually right. Yesterday I've started to notice something wrong, not only on the Survivor side, but on the Killer side as well. It's as if literally the entire playerbase of this damn game has changed their playstyle from regular to uber toxic. Is this the influence of that Hexy's Tournament everyone keeps mentioning? I seriously know nothing about it, but I've been noticing an increasing amount in camping, tunneling, slugging, t-bagging, flashlight clicking, gen-rushing and even DCing, from both sides. I started seeing these signs around yesterday or before, while I was trying to do my Daily Rituals and the Killer challenges in the Level 4 of Tome: Conviction.

    I know those things have existed in the game before, but not on the level it currently is. As Killer, I was Rank 3 and had at least FIVE "Entity Displeased" results in a row as I was trying to do my SIMPLE challenges. I can assure you that it can't be because of my skill level, since even I can play moderately well, above average, I would say. I know how to mindgame, I know how to play Killer in general, so what the hell is going on?

    As Survivor, teammates keep DCing and the Killer camps, tunnels and slugs. Oh, there's also not a single Killer without NOED. So, what's going on??? Again, these things existed before this tournament, but NOT on the same level as currently.

    0_o Y'all good??

    See my previous post. The META is shifting around SWF because the numbers of them (and their efficacy) has reached the critical point. I play Survivor and Killer, and have been noticing the shift in direct correlation. It isn't the Tournament that caused this; that merely showcased the issue to a lot more people. It has been going on slow and steady for sometime. We are just now reaching the point where EVERYONE sees it.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629873#Comment_1629873

    See my previous post. The META is shifting around SWF because the numbers of them (and their efficacy) has reached the critical point. I play Survivor and Killer, and have been noticing the shift in direct correlation. It isn't the Tournament that caused this; that merely showcased the issue to a lot more people. It has been going on slow and steady for sometime. We are just now reaching the point where EVERYONE sees it.

    But I don't understand. Everything was fine until the day before yesterday. I was having a blast on both teams. Actually, I've been having fun endlessly before the release of Level 4 of the current tome. But now, my fun is slowly dying down because... because everyone is becoming an ass?

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629884#Comment_1629884

    But I don't understand. Everything was fine until the day before yesterday. I was having a blast on both teams. Actually, I've been having fun endlessly before the release of Level 4 of the current tome. But now, my fun is slowly dying down because... because everyone is becoming an ass?

    With all due respect, no... it wasn't. You can look at my own posts going back over a month talking about the rise of the Mori and Tunneling. You may not have noticed it, but it was going on. You can see it in videos on Youtube and discussions of how to deal with SWF. The chatter and implementation of it isn't something Killers wanted but rather have been adopting out of necessity. A LOT of us (Killers) have been talking about it for a LONG time, specifically in context that we don't love it but what else can we do.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629891#Comment_1629891

    With all due respect, no... it wasn't. You can look at my own posts going back over a month talking about the rise of the Mori and Tunneling. You may not have noticed it, but it was going on. You can see it in videos on Youtube and discussions of how to deal with SWF. The chatter and implementation of it isn't something Killers wanted but rather have been adopting out of necessity. A LOT of us (Killers) have been talking about it for a LONG time, specifically in context that we don't love it but what else can we do.

    What bothers me the most is that this strange activity is from both sides. I know it seems like I'm just talking about simple toxicity, but it just feels like it's more than that. I hope some way this will die down, in the future...

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629901#Comment_1629901

    What bothers me the most is that this strange activity is from both sides. I know it seems like I'm just talking about simple toxicity, but it just feels like it's more than that. I hope some way this will die down, in the future...

    Well one thing that would help is for Killers to KNOW 100% if/when they are facing a SWF. I know I don't go for the Tunnel/Mori when I'm facing a Solo group. I don't have to, and would rather not. They WON'T tell us, because they are afraid we will dodge Lobbies. The result is people STILL dodge lobbies doing their best to guess, AND assume every game is a SWF till proven otherwise. Do you see my point? :) Better to just tell us any 3+ group up front so we know when NOT to bring the sledgehammer.

  • @Mekochi said:

    I will still play the game, cuz I payed good money. But every single game out of the 30+ games I've done solo queue, everyone keeps tunneling and camping. Every. Single. Game. Only one game I didn't get tunneled/camped cuz the killer pitied me and the other Meg cuz two people D/Ced cuz she had Iri-Head.

    I try to play other games but I get bored so easily. I don't know which platform it is, but it sure as hell isn't Xbox. I am not disabling cross-play cuz I don't need hour long queue times. Why is this considered a strategy. I literally get face camped, I just wanted to complete a ######### challenge and I can't do that.

    It just keeps happening, over, and over, and over again. Why!? Why do people have to ruin another person's experience. Then I get stuck with potato teammates who can't run a killer for 10 seconds and let people get to second phase/die on first hook.

    If you read this, thank you, probably gonna take a break from the game and cool my head a bit.

    You should give no cross play a shot, sure queues are maybe 10min longer. but its really fun, not many people do it so you run into the same people pretty often and it's like a lil community. everyone knows each other and the killers aren't dbags. Once you get into queue, after your game you re-queue and get a lobby instantly with at least 2/3 of the same people you just played with. And it's like this at all hours, I play any hour of the day with no issues. worth a shot

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629927#Comment_1629927

    Well one thing that would help is for Killers to KNOW 100% if/when they are facing a SWF. I know I don't go for the Tunnel/Mori when I'm facing a Solo group. I don't have to, and would rather not. They WON'T tell us, because they are afraid we will dodge Lobbies. The result is people STILL dodge lobbies doing their best to guess, AND assume every game is a SWF till proven otherwise. Do you see my point? :) Better to just tell us any 3+ group up front so we know when NOT to bring the sledgehammer.

    I agree. I'm kind of eager to see what the hell they will do in the upcoming Mid-Chapter update...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The thing about Iridescent Head is that the Huntress 99% of the time will get right on your tail and then use it, not using actual skill and doing it from a distance because she wants the easy win or want people to rage quit. I've concluded that Huntresses do this because they had a horrible previous round and they are salty about it and want to make the next game miserable for the survivors as revenge. Hey, add me on Steam, we can play SWF sometime if you want :D

    Thanks qwq I am on Xbox, but when if you have discord, add me, that way I can send my friend code thingy

    🌸sakura.cutie🌸#6410

  • @999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/192749/i-am-getting-fed-up-now-vent

    You should give no cross play a shot, sure queues are maybe 10min longer. but its really fun, not many people do it so you run into the same people pretty often and it's like a lil community. everyone knows each other and the killers aren't dbags. Once you get into queue, after your game you re-queue and get a lobby instantly with at least 2/3 of the same people you just played with. And it's like this at all hours, I play any hour of the day with no issues. worth a shot

    I will try, thanks for the encouragement

  • @Buttercake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629851#Comment_1629851

    Premonition

    small game

    empathy\Bond (either)

    calm Spirit

    I use Premonition to see which direction killer is coming so I can go opposite direction.

    small game to find totems and avoid killer traps.

    empathy or bond (which ever I unlocked) to keep an eye on teammates and see if they are being chased. If they are I can see how far Killer is and keep working safely on gen.

    I use Calm Spirit to completely avoid Doctor making me scream and clown and any perk or killer than wants me to scream. Also if I have to haul booty away crows don't make any sound as I run by.

    this is my awesome cowards run! Yay for me! ☺

    Omg Buttercake!! ☺️

    So you're gen jockey, and bone destroyer.

    I need you in my solo q experience, no one doing gens and totems.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Play swf. Fixes 99% of your problems.

    Swf map chat is basically cheating. Leaking all info across the map to everyone is game breaking for the killer. SWF is CHEAP

  • @xenofon13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629875#Comment_1629875

    Omg Buttercake!! ☺️

    So you're gen jockey, and bone destroyer.

    I need you in my solo q experience, no one doing gens and totems.

    Yay! Someone appreciates me. Usually, if I'm ever caught, I'm left to die on hook(unappreciated), and I cry out, "I did 3 gens and 5 totems!! Why God??!!" And then my soul rises off to the Heavens. ..

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/192749/i-am-getting-fed-up-now-vent

    Because killers get annoying sweaty swfs all the time so they start playing like jack a$$es to even the playing field. Blame SWF not killers

    Killers don't make me mad Survivors do. No mater what side I play. I notice less that 1% of games I play the Killers DC. Seriously over half of games I play a survivor DCs. They even DC on the Death hook?? There was a Kate and Claudette running me around yesterday. They were good loopers. Ultimately I got Kate again and put her in the basement. She was on her struggle hook. As I was leaving the area I saw Claudette going for the save. I go after her get a hit then down her as she makes the save. I can't see Kate so I pick up Claudette then Kate tries to unhook right in front of me I grab her and she DCs. I don't care. Do these players think they're denying me the kill?? It was a Cherry on top with the penalty. She needed a time out. Funny, I guess she expects to win every game....NOPE!

  • @Buttercake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630072#Comment_1630072

    Yay! Someone appreciates me. Usually, if I'm ever caught, I'm left to die on hook(unappreciated), and I cry out, "I did 3 gens and 5 totems!! Why God??!!" And then my soul rises off to the Heavens. ..

    I always appreciate people on gens. 🤗 This is all i need.

    I hope not to 3 gen us, but you sound survivor with a plan, so no.

    Also, what is your rank?

  • @xenofon13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630079#Comment_1630079

    I always appreciate people on gens. 🤗 This is all i need.

    I hope not to 3 gen us, but you sound survivor with a plan, so no.

    Also, what is your rank?

    Right now it's 10. 😟

  • @Mekochi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1628886#Comment_1628886

    I have issues with making new friends and I think the reason why I haven't left them yet is because I have separation anxiety and don't have the heart to do it, I do plan to take a break though

    To be honest it doesn't matter if it's dbd, ff11, ff14, wow any squad based game were teams are needed and you end up in a pug. There's a chance it's gonna suck just the nature of team based games.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629691#Comment_1629691

    The problem is 100% created by the ever-increasing power and population of the SWF. Tunneling and the Mori have always been around. Killers could always use them. They didn't, on average, because there wasn't a need. Now there is a need, created by a changing META. Killers have attempted all sorts of ways to deal with the increasing commonality and potency of the SWF, but none of them are as effective as removing a person from the carefully coordinated COMMS.

    Removing 1 person from a SWF slows down the Gen-Rush, reduces the amount of information they share by 25%, and gives all the others pause (puts the fear of the Mori in them) and makes it easier to run them off Generators. Do you see where I'm going with this? Killers aren't shifting strategy because they love the Mori (we earn fewer points overall) but because to salvage our games at all we have to reduce that advantage. Balance that advantage and level the playing field, say by putting Group/Team in their OWN Que where extra requirements can be added to them (say extra Generator and giving the Killer a 5th Perk) and the problem would take care of itself.

    Again, Killers (and I so play one) would rather go for more Hooks, have more time to play the game as it used to be played, and earn more points and Emblems overall. But until we have ANOTHER option that actually works against the SWF issue (without all of us somehow turning into Otz, Monto, etc.) we do what we gotta do.

    What is there to salvage? If you lose, you got outplayed and that's that. Get over it. All you achieve when you mori off 1st hook is earn less bloodpoints for yourself and everyone else in the game in order to stroke your ego

  • @Accullla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629836#Comment_1629836

    What is there to salvage? If you lose, you got outplayed and that's that. Get over it. All you achieve when you mori off 1st hook is earn less bloodpoints for yourself and everyone else in the game in order to stroke your ego

    Actually, no. We can still win by taking a 4v1 to a 3v1 early. We can still earn good Emblems and still earn lots of points. :) We just won't earn AS many. We use whatever legal, valid strategies work in a given match. What else would you expect?

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1628872#Comment_1628872

    As much as I hate to say it, swf does solve all those problems. I never play solo que anymoe. Since they turned on cross play this feels like the worst batch of randoms we've ever had.

    I think the quality of randoms has increased.

  • Solo queue is actual hell. I feel your pain. Play with any friends you have when ever you can.

  • @PB_TORCHer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1628872#Comment_1628872

    Swf map chat is basically cheating. Leaking all info across the map to everyone is game breaking for the killer. SWF is CHEAP

    Using moris to get kills is CHEAP.

    Escaping with the key is CHEAP.

    Getting kills because of Iri Head Huntress is CHEAP.

    Tunnelling and face camping one player is CHEAP.

    Seems like we're all cheap and cheaters.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Solo queue is actual hell. I feel your pain. Play with any friends you have when ever you can.

    Agreed. I play Survivor and Killer. Until they separate Solo from Group/Team this is going to be an issue. :( I'm pragmatic about it. I don't begrudge Killers for having to play every game as if they face a SWF (because often they do), and I completely understand the Solo frustration (I share it). The sooner Solo and Group are in their own Ques the DEV can do things for the Group Que that levels the playing field without gutting the Solo.

    *And as a Killer, if I KNOW I'm playing Solos I do not Mori off the first hook. I don't treat a Solo game like a SWF game. The problem is we never KNOW what we face because they won't tell us. :)

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630075#Comment_1630075

    Using moris to get kills is CHEAP.

    Escaping with the key is CHEAP.

    Getting kills because of Iri Head Huntress is CHEAP.

    Tunnelling and face camping one player is CHEAP.

    Seems like we're all cheap and cheaters.

    I agree 100% Don't be part of the problem

  • Completely understand. I almost exclusively play SWF or killer now. When I do solo-que I go in with expectation to complete a portion of a quest or to at least try not to de-pip. Escaping becomes a luxury.

    I highly suggest joining a dbd discord to play with people. Me and my friends (including friends I've made via random games) sometimes don't even talk about what is in the game (unless the killer has gone full sweaty). We just chat about life or try to one up each other making the games much more enjoyable.

    (You can also punish true campers by leaving as a group or working together to ensure at least two get out)

    Hopefully they will do something to dissuade tunneling or camping. Something that isn't an easy to acquire perk that has a 3 day avoidable stun.

  • @megdonalds said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/192749/i-am-getting-fed-up-now-vent

    It's because DBD is not about fun anymore since years. There are a lot of sweaty tryhards nowadays that are so much obsessed with this game and take everything seriously instead of getting a life and chill. Big reason are also most of the streamers and youtubers that made this game literally a sweatfest. It's a neverending war between two roles/sides that keep the hypocrisy and double standards alive. This forum is and will always be the best proof.

    I disagree, DBD can be fun as long as they are changes every once in a while. this could be a new perk, a strange build, new killer etc. my tip is to change your perks. maybe try to activate/use inconsistent perks.

    of course, I play at low ranks for both killers and survivors.

  • As a killer main, sorry you're getting tunneled and camped. They're not even effective strategies, it's just a way for a salty killer to feel good about that one kill they wasted time for.

    On the flip side, I wish people would stop calling me a camper in endgame just because they trip my traps when I'm playing The Hag. Or because I followed their teammate 1/4th of the way across the map to a hook. It's both a real problem for bad killers to do and a scapegoat for salty survivors. It's like they believe unhooking is a sacred act that I should never interrupt.

  • @Corikstarr said:

    As a killer main, sorry you're getting tunneled and camped. They're not even effective strategies, it's just a way for a salty killer to feel good about that one kill they wasted time for.

    On the flip side, I wish people would stop calling me a camper in endgame just because they trip my traps when I'm playing The Hag. Or because I followed their teammate 1/4th of the way across the map to a hook. It's both a real problem for bad killers to do and a scapegoat for salty survivors. It's like they believe unhooking is a sacred act that I should never interrupt.

    Um, no. They are effective strategies in the right situation. This myth you just parroted is 100% incorrect. Camping, tunneling, slugging, and the Mori are all tactics, and sometimes they are the RIGHT tactic. Used incorrectly, they will result in a net loss. Used correctly they can turn a game into a solid 4K with perfect emblems. The hard part is learning when to use them, and when not to use them.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630526#Comment_1630526

    Um, no. They are effective strategies in the right situation. This myth you just parroted is 100% incorrect. Camping, tunneling, slugging, and the Mori are all tactics, and sometimes they are the RIGHT tactic. Used incorrectly, they will result in a net loss. Used correctly they can turn a game into a solid 4K with perfect emblems. The hard part is learning when to use them, and when not to use them.

    Not sure why you're mentioning slugging and mori, neither of which I said were ineffective. Slugging can be necessary for sure, but mori is decided before the match and before you know if it's necessary based on survivor playstyle. So it's more of a calculated gamble than a strategy.

    As for tunneling and camping, this thread is clearly about toxic uses of the strategies, not fair play. But against good teams of survivors, it's typically safe to bet the killer is only hurting themselves by narrowing their focus so much. I don't feel it's necessary to defend the narrow scope in which either are fair game, because no one arguing logically would include those in this kind of venting.

  • Red rank buttercake soon genrushing killers! 🤗

  • @Mekochi said:

    I will still play the game, cuz I payed good money. But every single game out of the 30+ games I've done solo queue, everyone keeps tunneling and camping. Every. Single. Game. Only one game I didn't get tunneled/camped cuz the killer pitied me and the other Meg cuz two people D/Ced cuz she had Iri-Head.

    I try to play other games but I get bored so easily. I don't know which platform it is, but it sure as hell isn't Xbox. I am not disabling cross-play cuz I don't need hour long queue times. Why is this considered a strategy. I literally get face camped, I just wanted to complete a ######### challenge and I can't do that.

    It just keeps happening, over, and over, and over again. Why!? Why do people have to ruin another person's experience. Then I get stuck with potato teammates who can't run a killer for 10 seconds and let people get to second phase/die on first hook.

    If you read this, thank you, probably gonna take a break from the game and cool my head a bit.

    im in the same boat, im rank 1 on xbox and honestly its kinda a joke. i do feel the tunneling is because of the DS bug which people are trying to take advantage of plus alot of randoms dont seem to do much, i tried turning crossplay off but like you say the wait is stupid long! but with it on sadly 9/10 games is filled with selfcare users that let you die on first hook without ever touching a gen. Just know you arent the only xbox user getting annoyed and agitated with it, hell i played 4 games today and my whole team throughout completed 1 gen (thats 12 different players) just for a gen to get done in one game that wasnt done by me lol.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630163#Comment_1630163

    Actually, no. We can still win by taking a 4v1 to a 3v1 early. We can still earn good Emblems and still earn lots of points. :) We just won't earn AS many. We use whatever legal, valid strategies work in a given match. What else would you expect?

    I don't really expect anything. Just calling it as it is, my man ;) you use whatever tactic you can to tip the scales in your favour. You're free to be as insecure as you will. Same as a survivor who brings a key and then stealths around the map waiting for their teammates to die, so they can get hatch. Super boring and pointless playstyle, but it does award you the win at the end.

    Personally, I enjoy the game, so I actually play it

  • @Mekochi said:

    I will still play the game, cuz I payed good money. But every single game out of the 30+ games I've done solo queue, everyone keeps tunneling and camping. Every. Single. Game. Only one game I didn't get tunneled/camped cuz the killer pitied me and the other Meg cuz two people D/Ced cuz she had Iri-Head.

    I try to play other games but I get bored so easily. I don't know which platform it is, but it sure as hell isn't Xbox. I am not disabling cross-play cuz I don't need hour long queue times. Why is this considered a strategy. I literally get face camped, I just wanted to complete a ######### challenge and I can't do that.

    It just keeps happening, over, and over, and over again. Why!? Why do people have to ruin another person's experience. Then I get stuck with potato teammates who can't run a killer for 10 seconds and let people get to second phase/die on first hook.

    If you read this, thank you, probably gonna take a break from the game and cool my head a bit.

    The unfortunate reality of the killer side of things right now is that, with matchmaking completely disabled for killers, it's the Wild West out there.

    For us newer or less skilled killers, getting queued endlessly into coordinated groups of far more experienced survivors is commonplace, and thus cheesy tactics sort of become the norm as these players are merciless and amazingly BM when they win, taunting and stalling out the endgame to get one last teabag in.

    When survivors are willing to give a newer killer a break and allow for a fun game, that's one thing - but when you get stomped into the dirt and then mocked in postgame chat, game after game...at a certain point it becomes a grudge match and niceties go out the window.

    I don't like it but I've become like that recently too. And I was really chill for the longest time.

    Put killer matchmaking back in and you'll likely see less frustration.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Play swf. Fixes 99% of your problems.

    exactly then the killer can trade hooks and get his precious bbq stacks!

  • @Accullla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630208#Comment_1630208

    I don't really expect anything. Just calling it as it is, my man ;) you use whatever tactic you can to tip the scales in your favour. You're free to be as insecure as you will. Same as a survivor who brings a key and then stealths around the map waiting for their teammates to die, so they can get hatch. Super boring and pointless playstyle, but it does award you the win at the end.

    Personally, I enjoy the game, so I actually play it

    Whatever. This grief and shaming schtick is old, and kind of pathetic. I'm totally secure. I say what things I will do, and why. I don't give anyone garbage about how they play. You can take your Survivor's Guide for Killers and ... well... use your imagination.

  • Also take note of the current killer rift challenges that kinda enforce the camping / tunnelling with stupid requirements like 10 obsession kills and the 3 Devout iridescent emblems challenges. So yeah, i wouldn't take it personally if a killer has one of those challenges, blame the devs.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632210#Comment_1632210

    Whatever. This grief and shaming schtick is old, and kind of pathetic. I'm totally secure. I say what things I will do, and why. I don't give anyone garbage about how they play. You can take your Survivor's Guide for Killers and ... well... use your imagination.

    I've been nothing but supportive with you. Literally said you can play however you like. I understand you don't like to hear the rest, but there's no need to get defensive - it's not healthy.

  • @megdonalds said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1628916#Comment_1628916

    That's totally biased and not the one and only reason. Killers dodge SWF by cherrypicking lobbies until they know they have mainly a solo queue lobby so they can noob stomp them, at least on PC. Worst part is tho, they even tunnel and camp the solos because I experience that for the most part when I solo qeue. The majority of SWF are not the sweaty ones but only players that wanna play together. But always blaming SWF for ALL the problems is just the easiest way, isn't it. The usual obsessed and disctracted killer main brain.

    I don't think you understand why Killer lobby dodge SWF, first its to avoid sweating your butt just to be able to at least get a 2k against a coordinated and decent swf team. Second, since killers aren't allowed to switch killer while in a lobby, if they see 4 flashlights or something and they don't have a perk needed to counter it, such as Ligthborn, you are practically have to lobby dodge.

    Also on that tunneling and camping part, since practically there is no reliable early-game perk to hold the gens off like old hex: ruin, as a killer you will need to either camp, tunnel, and/or slug when playing against good survivors. I'm going to remind you that in December 2019 and in January 2020, the majority of killers, people who play both sides, and most streamers warned that if Old Hex: Ruin is nerfed, camping, tunneling, and slugging will increase dramatically, and that the killer won't play "nice" as much any more. Tunneling and Camping aren't the Killer's fault, its the fault of the Devs for no addressing the early game, and how fast generators are, while they decided to nerf the best early game perk without addressing the gens.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1628960#Comment_1628960

    Wrong answer. I don't dodge SWF unless I'm exhausted. If I recognize them I Mori one immediately. Since I play Mikey that is easier for me than for some. I want people to be able to play with their friends. I just think they belong in their own que, so Solo doesn't keep paying the price for us doing what we gotta do to level the playing field. I believe there should be two Ques.

    Solo Que: Up to two people can join these Lobbies together, so limited Friends. No Identity information should be shown until after the match ends to prevent setting up Comms on the fly.

    Group/Team Que: Groups of 3 or 4 may join these Lobbies. Groups must turn on one additional Generator to open the gates, i.e. a 3-Person SWF must activate five Generators, and a 4-Person SWF must turn on six. The Killer also gets a 5th Perk unlocked. Killers will be happy to fight these challenges on a level playing field.

    *This method allows the DEV to balance for the Group/Team Que without punishing the Solos in the process. The suggestions I make for balance can be increased or decreased as necessary.

    Imo no amount of bloodpoints, changes to # of gens or # of perks used will stop nearly all killers from dodging a known SWF. Including me.

    If they queue SWF separately they wil never find killers to take them on. The devs have said they won't consider Crossplay just between consoles because it splits up the community rather than bringing together, and this method also splits.

    As far as I can see the devs will not change SWF at all, and any suggestions they might consider would involve only buffing solos and then killers.

  • @Accullla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632279#Comment_1632279

    I've been nothing but supportive with you. Literally said you can play however you like. I understand you don't like to hear the rest, but there's no need to get defensive - it's not healthy.

    The sad thing is I genuinely believe you don't realize how much gaslighting you're doing lol

  • @CaptainCastle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632303#Comment_1632303

    The sad thing is I genuinely believe you don't realize how much gaslighting you're doing lol

    I know right? If that is his supportive... jeez.... I'd hate to see him NOT being supportive.

  • @EqMonkVeeshan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1628872#Comment_1628872

    exactly then the killer can trade hooks and get his precious bbq stacks!

    If the swf is bad that'll probably happen lol depends on how early they camp.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630075#Comment_1630075

    Using moris to get kills is CHEAP.

    Escaping with the key is CHEAP.

    Getting kills because of Iri Head Huntress is CHEAP.

    Tunnelling and face camping one player is CHEAP.

    Seems like we're all cheap and cheaters.

    Using moris to get kills is CHEAP. getting nerfed

    Escaping with the key is CHEAP. getting nerfed

    Getting kills because of Iri Head Huntress is CHEAP. getting nerfed

    Tunnelling and face camping one player is CHEAP. the survivors won

    SWF full map communication destroying multiple perks and all killer tactics is CHEAP. being ignored because it generates money.

  • @CaptainCastle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632303#Comment_1632303

    The sad thing is I genuinely believe you don't realize how much gaslighting you're doing lol

    I believe I've been pretty direct, albeit a bit sarcastic

1 2 ›