Please for the all the high rank killers, Please nerf the Small PP Combo.

DS Complaint.png

I am sick and tired of Decisive Strike + Unbreakable Perk Combo always at Red ranks man. As a Killer main I always have to worry about this invulnerability phase all the time. Like bruh every trial I get, I always eat at least 2 decisive strike early out of the fear that they're just gonna use unbreakable or just 99% themselves so to save unbreakable. Even if a Survivor does not have this combo, I'm a red rank killer so my anxiety is always telling me that these good survivors always have a small pp. After eating those D. Strike, I just let get away so I can "Just Pressure Gens" so those Survivors just got a Get out of Jail card for FREE. Well please devs, make it so that in the upcoming balance changes take away these Invincibility Phase Survivor have after getting hooked. I know this game is balanced after casual players and I'm 100% SURE that casuals are not using the small pp combo as offensively as possible SO please nerf.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I agree, killers camp and tunnel all the time and they deem it acceptable. I play both alot and its legit to use that combo. DS can only be used once so I just bite it early on then its no problem. UB can just br countered by picking them up. Plus just chase after DS that way you still get your next level kill or last stage of sacrifice. Never fall for the locker or doing an action grab just attack them instead. I don't think it's fair to so something about that build when alot of times its the only way to counter a killer who is camping you or has been tunneling you. Also I agree not all red ranks are good. It's the 3/4 man sfws that are the problem.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630574#Comment_1630574

    Did you just say whisperes - a tracking perk that's only useful endgame and early game - is better than 60 seconds of invincibility, up to 2 mins across all survivors? AND slug prevention?

    Bruh. How.

    Well, you could say whispers has value during the entire match. DS is a single use. UB is only single use. BBQ is multiple uses. Infectious Freight is unlimited uses. PGTW is unlimited. Distortion is so limited nobody uses it. Survivors have to work so much for Repressed Alliance nobody hardly uses it. Killers have it so easy and their perks just keep coming with strong effects with little effort to trigger them.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630639#Comment_1630639

    Well, you could say whispers has value during the entire match. DS is a single use. UB is only single use. BBQ is multiple uses. Infectious Freight is unlimited uses. PGTW is unlimited. Distortion is so limited nobody uses it. Survivors have to work so much for Repressed Alliance nobody hardly uses it. Killers have it so easy and their perks just keep coming with strong effects with little effort to trigger them.

    How is BBQ OP? It has 4 counters without perks right now. Hiding in a locker, faking your direction, getting in the terror radius, and hiding behind a gen.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629589#Comment_1629589

    Wanting any survivor perk nerfed screams "I am a very bad killer"

    No survivor perk comes close to BBQ usage. Double bloodpoints + wallhack

    Whispers totally guarantees a kill in the endgame. DS or UB doesn't come close to this level of power.

    You're forgetting we're gonna live forever and Object of Obsession and If the survivor is Oblivious it's a permanent wallhack to the Surv + with Voicechat you can relay that info to the others as well.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630639#Comment_1630639

    Well, you could say whispers has value during the entire match. DS is a single use. UB is only single use. BBQ is multiple uses. Infectious Freight is unlimited uses. PGTW is unlimited. Distortion is so limited nobody uses it. Survivors have to work so much for Repressed Alliance nobody hardly uses it. Killers have it so easy and their perks just keep coming with strong effects with little effort to trigger them.

    It's not single use to the Killer if 4 people runs DS + Unbreakable you know.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630767#Comment_1630767

    How is BBQ OP? It has 4 counters without perks right now. Hiding in a locker, faking your direction, getting in the terror radius, and hiding behind a gen.

    All of those counters means stopping the objective. Imagine if the killer has ruin and not only stopping the objective but losing it.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630796#Comment_1630796

    All of those counters means stopping the objective. Imagine if the killer has ruin and not only stopping the objective but losing it.

    Hiding behind a generator aura and getting on the right side isn't really stopping the objective.

  • @D3spair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630574#Comment_1630574

    You're forgetting we're gonna live forever and Object of Obsession and If the survivor is Oblivious it's a permanent wallhack to the Surv + with Voicechat you can relay that info to the others as well.

    But you get no benefit other than points and it is not even tied to the objective like BBQ is. Altruism is like a side objective. Why is we're gonna live forever not tied to generators and give an aura of where the killer is, for 5 seconds?

  • Small pp combos, huh. Pop and surveillance. Noed and blood warden, distressing and unnerving presence. Need i go on?

  • @evil_one_74 said:

    Small pp combos, huh. Pop and surveillance. Noed and blood warden, distressing and unnerving presence. Need i go on?

    The Thread's point is at High Level Read Rank Games. I don't know which rank Killers bring Pop and Surveillance, Noed and Blood Warden and Distressing and Unerving Presence but Seriously Man. Pop and Surveillance is pretty weak early game(Small PP Builds are supposed to be strong at start of the trial), NOED and Blood Warded can easily be counter by getting a Map, Small Game or Detective's Hunch and doing bones as a secondary objective like the DEVS intended, Distressing and Unerving Presence... Any sane High rank killer would never run this at High Rank, why would the Killer want to increase his terror radius more that Survivors can be warned earlier? Why Would the killer run Unerving Presence when High ranks survivors can decently hit Great Skill Checks.

    You're complaining about builds that you would never see on Top Killers unless they are Meming around.

  • @D3spair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630991#Comment_1630991

    The Thread's point is at High Level Read Rank Games. I don't know which rank Killers bring Pop and Surveillance, Noed and Blood Warden and Distressing and Unerving Presence but Seriously Man. Pop and Surveillance is pretty weak early game(Small PP Builds are supposed to be strong at start of the trial), NOED and Blood Warded can easily be counter by getting a Map, Small Game or Detective's Hunch and doing bones as a secondary objective like the DEVS intended, Distressing and Unerving Presence... Any sane High rank killer would never run this at High Rank, why would the Killer want to increase his terror radius more that Survivors can be warned earlier? Why Would the killer run Unerving Presence when High ranks survivors can decently hit Great Skill Checks.

    You're complaining about builds that you would never see on Top Killers unless they are Meming around.

    what about doctor though? im pretty sure distressing is really good on him

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631161#Comment_1631161

    what about doctor though? im pretty sure distressing is really good on him

    It has it's pros and cons, Widens Special shock but but warns the Survs earlier , Yes it can be pretty strong with the right Meme build on the Doctor, Distressing, Unerving Presence, Lullaby and Overcharge in small maps is really toxic for the Survivors but it's not like the Impossible Skill Check Doctor is the only way to play him at High Ranks.

    But it's just Doctor that Distressing(I rather get something more consistent tho like Whispers) can work tho, can you imagine any Killer rather than Doctor that Distressing can work?

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631161#Comment_1631161

    what about doctor though? im pretty sure distressing is really good on him

    Distressing can Work on Doctor, I agree on that but can you name any Killer that would also benefit on Distressing and Unnerving Presence other than Doctor? (Personally I rather get something more consistent like Whispers)

  • @D3spair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631176#Comment_1631176

    Distressing can Work on Doctor, I agree on that but can you name any Killer that would also benefit on Distressing and Unnerving Presence other than Doctor? (Personally I rather get something more consistent like Whispers)

    billy, make the survivor constantly listen to that trash terror radius music and they'll dc so their ears don't bleed

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631189#Comment_1631189

    billy, make the survivor constantly listen to that trash terror radius music and they'll dc so their ears don't bleed

    You were one of those people who wanted Banjo Death Metal as his Chase Music huh

  • @D3spair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631192#Comment_1631192

    You were one of those people who wanted Banjo Death Metal as his Chase Music huh

    Nah I was one of the people who were totally fine with his previous chase music and the new one hurts my ears

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629179#Comment_1629179

    Press alt-f4/close your game on a secret offering. Since you cant load in the game they cant mori you and since you closed the game others wont get mori'd

    Checkmate, killer mains!

    But that means I don't have to play the match against the Smol PP combo user and I keep my mori for next game.


    Untitled Image

    @Sluzzy said:

    For all high rank survivors, heavy nerf BBQ, PGTW, NOED, Ruin, Whispers, all aura perks/addons. I hate when killers slow the game down and there is no counterplay in the endgame when they have whispers and NOED. Infectious Freight should be auto-disabled in the code on all super fast killers. Slugging sucks every game. If the third one is left to bleed while killer sweats for the fourth, the entity should pick him up.

    BBQ: Hide in lockers. Distortion. Walk one way and move the other after every hook to fake where you're going.


    Pop Goes The Weasel: The Heather perk can be used to block the gen.


    NOED: DO BONES. Detective's Hunch can help with this.


    Ruin: Again, detective's hunch. I only think Ruin is a problem combo'd with surveillance.


    Whispers: You got me. There actually is no real counterplay to Whispers.


    Infectious Fright: Calm Spirit.


    Now the only counter to the Smol PP build is a mori.

  • @D3spair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1628635#Comment_1628635

    The new small PP build: Undying + Ruin can be countered just by bringing a Map, Bringing Small Game or Detective's Hunch. What can I do to counter the Survivor's small pp then? This is what my original point is, at least as Killers give us the means to counter the DS + Unbreakable combo.

    dude a counter to unbreakable is to just pick them up! a counter to ds is to slug them. easily countered. you dont even have to bring in a perk to counter it like survivors have to.

  • @EqMonkVeeshan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629460#Comment_1629460

    dude a counter to unbreakable is to just pick them up! a counter to ds is to slug them. easily countered. you dont even have to bring in a perk to counter it like survivors have to.

    But they bring both, meaning you're screwed either way unless you bring a Mori.

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631250#Comment_1631250

    But they bring both, meaning you're screwed either way unless you bring a Mori.

    that is on you sounds like they are smart for bringing both. you cannot say there is no counter when in fact the counter is ingrained heavily into the game for every killer base kit. you can also counter both by playing as PH!

  • Ah, the heavily nerfed, now balanced DS.

    I remember that one time where I hooked all 4 people next to the opened exit gates. (Not at the same time, just one by one in a very quick manner).

    The gates were opened and I ended up downing all 4 of them in front of these gates.

    I knew what was about to happen and it still surprised me.

    They were all crawling towards the exit. I couldn't just slug and wait 60 seconds.

    So I've picked the first one up. DS. He escaped.

    I've picked the second one up. DS. He espaped.

    The Third one did the same.

    So did the fourth, he also added a quick T-Bag before leaving.

    I guess I was tunneling all 4 of them.

    But since we got PH now, the whole killer side is suddenly balanced and strong now, right ... right?

    ...

  • “Play something else” - Mathieu Cote

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629267#Comment_1629267

    But that means I don't have to play the match against the Smol PP combo user and I keep my mori for next game.

    https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/490/511/148.jpg

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1628958#Comment_1628958

    BBQ: Hide in lockers. Distortion. Walk one way and move the other after every hook to fake where you're going.

    Pop Goes The Weasel: The Heather perk can be used to block the gen.

    NOED: DO BONES. Detective's Hunch can help with this.

    Ruin: Again, detective's hunch. I only think Ruin is a problem combo'd with surveillance.

    Whispers: You got me. There actually is no real counterplay to Whispers.

    Infectious Fright: Calm Spirit.

    Now the only counter to the Smol PP build is a mori.

    Who said we were running smol pp build also who also said the others wouldnt alt f4

  • @D3spair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630991#Comment_1630991

    The Thread's point is at High Level Read Rank Games. I don't know which rank Killers bring Pop and Surveillance, Noed and Blood Warden and Distressing and Unerving Presence but Seriously Man. Pop and Surveillance is pretty weak early game(Small PP Builds are supposed to be strong at start of the trial), NOED and Blood Warded can easily be counter by getting a Map, Small Game or Detective's Hunch and doing bones as a secondary objective like the DEVS intended, Distressing and Unerving Presence... Any sane High rank killer would never run this at High Rank, why would the Killer want to increase his terror radius more that Survivors can be warned earlier? Why Would the killer run Unerving Presence when High ranks survivors can decently hit Great Skill Checks.

    You're complaining about builds that you would never see on Top Killers unless they are Meming around.

    Who said I was complaining. Those were just examples. 🤪🤪

  • Homie is complaining when he has two self cares lol

  • @Kolonite said:

    Homie is complaining when he has two self cares lol

    32K againsts a sweat squad.png

    How about this game? 3 Would have escaped if it weren't for me being a Blight, them Missing DS and them being altruistic as hell.

  • @D3spair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632128#Comment_1632128

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EDRA4WZ17XJ1/32k-againsts-a-sweat-squad.png

    How about this game? 3 Would have escaped if it weren't for me being a Blight, them Missing DS and them being altruistic as hell.

    ”How about this game?” Gets a 3k. Most survivors aren’t all that good and most of the time you won’t even be downing people so quickly that you’re even worried about DS making Unbreakable meh unless you slug a bunch. It’s a lame meta build that doesn’t affect me at all unless I snowball super hard as certain killers. The only time the combo is truly busted is with an organized decent swf. You’re clearly doing well despite the perk combos and got a 32k game. A far cry from a bad experience that wasn’t rewarding I bet.

  • @D3spair said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PYZUNA8S2QAF/ds-complaint.png

    I am sick and tired of Decisive Strike + Unbreakable Perk Combo always at Red ranks man. As a Killer main I always have to worry about this invulnerability phase all the time. Like bruh every trial I get, I always eat at least 2 decisive strike early out of the fear that they're just gonna use unbreakable or just 99% themselves so to save unbreakable. Even if a Survivor does not have this combo, I'm a red rank killer so my anxiety is always telling me that these good survivors always have a small pp. After eating those D. Strike, I just let get away so I can "Just Pressure Gens" so those Survivors just got a Get out of Jail card for FREE. Well please devs, make it so that in the upcoming balance changes take away these Invincibility Phase Survivor have after getting hooked. I know this game is balanced after casual players and I'm 100% SURE that casuals are not using the small pp combo as offensively as possible SO please nerf.

    You eat 2 DS a game? Sounds like you tunnel a lot. Maybe switch targets more often like most decent red rank killers do and you won't have that problem?

  • @Chilidawg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/192603/please-for-the-all-the-high-rank-killers-please-nerf-the-small-pp-combo

    You eat 2 DS a game? Sounds like you tunnel a lot. Maybe switch targets more often like most decent red rank killers do and you won't have that problem?

    This is for High Ranks as you can read, High Ranks Survs with the DS + Unbreakable Combo Do Gens when their DS are Active. So Do I Ignore them doing gens then?

  • Yeah I'm pretty familiar with the game.. been playing it for 4 years lol. Sorry that was a jaded comment earlier. You really are eating DS too often though. Pay attention to when survivors were unhooked and don't pick them up right away. If the survivors are unhooking near you then you should be punishing the TEAM heavily. Hit the guy that unhooks instead and then chase him. This removes dealing with Borrowed Time or DS/Unbreakable slugging anyways. If they are trading hook states that's really good for you actually. If the unhooked guy is bodyblocking chances are he has BT. If he's trying to get you to chase him he has the combo. A lot of the time you should be ignoring the unhooked guy anyways. If they are on a gen with combo you m2 lunge and slug and wait for timer. If they are fresh unhooked you stay nearby and look for survivors hiding nearby while checking gens. Come back later and pick him up when his DS has ran out or hit the guy that's healing him.


    A part of the game especially in high rank is learning to make the right calls. Sometimes it's better to just immediately eat the DS and others it's not. You gauge this based off how much pressure you have. It's strategical and a bit luck based at high level for killer. You gotta be more creative though then tunneling the guy off hook and eating DS every game. 2 times a game is either an exaggeration or you really are tunneling.

1 2 3 ›