We need a real report system to fight hackers
Once again I have met a speed hacker in one of my matches and I simply could not bother to report him. I always find myself too bothered to capture video evidence, report ingame, and then (report outside game) in order to make my report valid for review.
Please provide us a real report system, similar or same as League of Legends and other modern games as such. This is simply too much to ask of players to keep filing these reports that require too much of the customer/palyer and takes too long. And worst of all, does not even always work (as in, the report system fails to send the report).
Comments
Yes, the report system could be better. The devs have acknowledged this, if I'm not mistaken. However, you need to work with what we've got right now if you don't want to let hackers run rampant because you "can't be bothered".
Consider that some times they don't even ban people even though you provide video evidence of them cheating :)
I have worked with it long enough to be rightfully bothered beyond the need to just suck it up and just work with what I have right now. That is why I am complaining until we get a real change.
Why change it if other people are going to do the work for you for free?
We have had 3 years of this. What would you consider enough time?
I don't like hackers but I can't be bothered to record the hackers to prove they're hacking but devs please ban these hackers.
Edit: I'll admit the system could do with many, many improvements but right now it definitely does work if you put the effort in. I'd suggest recording it so you can actually ban them.
I put in a report 6 days ago, the video has not been watched.
Without a doubt, the current report system is terrible. Why spend and hour gathering your evidence, uploading a video and submitting a report on a completely different site, IN ADDITION to an oft-forgotten (and oft-worthless) in-game report, when you could just... Not. Just vent on the forum for 30 seconds, quit the match, and move on with your life. What's the incentive for your average player to properly report cheaters when it is easier to do anything else?
It's not good. It's really, really not. There's not even any real feedback.
I just experienced my first hacker as a PS4 player.
The killer was a crossplay freddy with super lunge and super speed!
#########
Your last point is the most saddest part.
I reported a speedhacker 1 month ago. No feedback. Just the automated response. Same goes for heavy insults. But closing the endgamechat works fine, too.
Would be nice to know if the support team is too small or if they get spammed with nonissues (facecamp reports etc.) and can't look at the important issues.
If you're PC, report them to STEAM, at least THEY do something about it.
Listen, we've all got two choices:
Personally, I'd rather the game stayed alive. I want to keep playing it. That's why I went with the first option. Refusing to participate because the system isn't perfect just guarantees those who abuse the system get a free pass.
#2 is detrimental to the game and forces bhvr to act or lose money.
#1. What problem? i see no problem, they got banned didn't they?
This is why I wish they would implement an automated system behind the scenes to automatically archive replay logs of any game that generates an ingame complaint. That way when a customer service rep reviews the complaint they will, if they need it, already definitely have the video available without any user error or additional effort needed on the part of the player. It would be a win-win for the customer rep and the player making the report.
I reported two players for unsportmanslike behaviour (trolling SWF that did nothing for 15 minutes) a while ago, send a video, steam ID, so theoretically they had everything they needed. The answer I got was: "there is not enough Information but thank you for your service." The ticket was closed, so I couldn't ask for more details.
I don't get it. If there is not enough Information, why wouldn't they ask me to provide more before closing the ticket? If they think the situation doesn't warrant a penalty than why wouldn't they tell me that so that I know for the future what falls under unsportmanslike behaviour and what not?
I know, hacking is a more serious issue, but it is really discouraging to take the time to fill a report just to get such an answer, so I'm not sure, if I would do that again.
This is a perfect example why I can't be bothered to report hackers anymore. It's simply too much to ask for too little effort from their end.