Solution to the massive hate and toxicity on the non-disclosure of the DLC/PTB release dates
my momma told me:
1.- Remove the word "soon" from any official thread, this only trolls and is hopeless for our nerves
2-. Up to 24hrs after closing the PTB, say the exact date, time and timezone the DLC/PTB is online
3.- Profit, so customers (we) are happy and no dozens of toxicity threads on DBD staff
Comments
What if they don't have one? Never thought of this?
Please, stop pretending they spread the rumor or forced people to accept it as factual. Everyone did it to themselves, and the reasonable people took the "Soon" statement as the joke it was.
@Orion
They are just facing the consequences of what they've created.
Totally deserved.
By saying nothing, they also spread the rumor, and maked it even worse.
They PERFECTLY know their community.
As i said, i call out the mindset behind this.
Not the DLC's release.
If you get the "go play somewhere else" answer is probably because it's the answer you deserved, just look at the way you talk.
PS: you always complain about toxicity but you fail to realize that you are the one who brings the toxicity.
Edit: @giche (since the notification system doesn't work sometimes)
Honestly they just need to let everyone know 48 hours or so in advance of an updates release date. Far fewer people would have been annoyed yesterday or in the future if they actually announced release dates instead of just ninja dropping it all the time. People can't be disappointed if they know when something is going to come out.
They don't even have to say the actual release date. But they need to say SOMETHING. They could easily say something like "the patch isn't quite ready yet. We ran into some unexpected bugs and are working on fixing them. We will let you know as soon as it's ready."
They would not get a bigger shitstorm for delaying an update if they announced a release date as long as they communicated the reasoning behind the delay. Most people are understanding and know that updates/patches can sometimes get delayed. Saying nothing is always worse than saying something in situations like this
Just saying "Not today, it was a rumor" whould have solved this.
The only backlash they would have got would have been from the impatients people.
But no, they'd rather answer by a trollish meme.
Coming from you, that made me laught so hard.
Totally shameless huh ?
Everyone knew it was a rumor. Stop pretending otherwise.
You need to understand this: disagreeing with you =/= being toxic. You basically call toxic to almost every survivor, killers who side survivors in some discussions and yet you claim to be the one who fights toxicity. Hilarious, could be used for a comedy movie.
@giche
You are toxic.
Thank me later.
Lols? OH, COME ON, NOT AGAIN
And the other 12? XDD 5 minutes ago I had 600, now I have 613.
Told you, idk.
Everytime you @me I got a lol spam, this is damn bizzare ;-;
######### it, i'm going for 1k lols, gonna be the first on forum. POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME, IN THE NAME OF LOVE
I'll give a lol for an exchange.
@RSB @Vietfox I've been giving you both some lol's as well as awesomes since your back and forth is amusing.
You used to a ways back see who gave you what but that's not functional anymore unless of course that was a bug. I thought it was kinda neat myself.
I think receiving 320+ awesomes in one day was not a bug, especially no one else had this issue on the forum. But thanks, I guess.
I personally think that wasn't a bug, they just changed the way it works.
Wait, monkey in my brin stopped working, what "ability to see names"?
Oh, I did not know that, understood it wrongly, I think. Quite sad we can't see it now.
What people should do if they don't like the "Soon" being posted....
Write to the Dead By Daylight email and offer your criticism and / or complaint about the issue you have in regards to it. Don't do it on the public discussion forums hoping to gather sympathy or support for such a dumb complaint.
Don't expect hard date and time for release, since they haven't been doing that for quite awhile now.
Don't take player base speculation / theories on when the release date is as official responses from the developer.
If they put out an official release date and they happened to miss that date, because ######### happens sometimes. People like yourself would be one of the first ones on the forums posting how they can't keep release dates and demand to get something "free" in return for their mistake. There would be more people complaining about them missing a release date then there are about not putting out a date.
Figure it out.
Actually, not ;>
Sweet Jesus, can someone confirm this? Have the devs really told someone "Go play something else"?
If they have, they are goddamn HEROES.
" Go play survivor, or I dunno, other game, like Civilisation".
Back then in January 2018 during one of their livestream, Mathieu Cote, the Game Director was asked :
"Killer is tedious and stressfull, due to the imbalance, anything planned to fix this ?"
M. Cote: "LUL that's... an opinion. Maybe you are tired of playing killer, try Survivor or even better, go play something else if you don't enjoy it. I heard Civ 5 is a really good one."
Toxic survivor mains down here will tell you :
"Everything is fine, killah only want EZ 4K, nothing toxic here, grow a pair "
Wow. That's an amazing attitude. I love this Mathieu guy, even though he's French.
He is Canadian, I think.
You'll need a better bait.
Just saying that you love anything that peoples despise isn't a good one.
Racism either.
From Quebec i think.
I mean they don't help themselves at times. The decent thing to do would have been to just shut down the expectations that the new Chapter was gonna be out yesterday.
@Orion
Have you read what i wrote at least ?
Not gonna repeat, quoting this is enough.
I can understand the expectations, I personally can't wait to play with the new killer (and the new Wraith!), but all this fuss is pointless. If it comes a week or two later, fine - hopefully they weed out a few more bugs.
Frankly, although I generally like the DBD community, it shows how accustomed we are to companies bending backwards to please customers in our age. As soon as (some) players realized they can voice their opinion, and the developer team actually cares about the product and they continuosly tweak and balance and rebalance, a flood of demands engulfed the forums "nerf this" "buff that" "ban this kind of behaviour" "implement these changes I'm proposing at once"...
Are we all spoilt brats?
Also, the answer "Soon" is just hilarious.
EDIT: 31:26
I agree with removing the word "Soon" for the same reason as you. But the "EXACT" date would be near impossible due to set backs that can occur, which would very obviously end up in a delay. The devs don't know 100% when they can implement the updates, It's the same thing that happened with the Clown and the shop, they had no idea when it would get approved. The problem that they really need to fix is their lack of communication with the community, and based on a comment I saw from not-Queen it seems they are trying to fix that.
"HATE AND TOXICITY ON THE NON-DISCLOSURE OF THE DLC/PTB RELEASE DATES"???
What hate lol? You high?
PS
They don't owe you nothing so be a mature person ( I guess you're not tho ) and wait.
A release date is always good but fill your life with other things and you won't care as much if things get delayed or if you don't know the exact date of the release.
The problem here is that they are purposely delaying the pc launch just to try and not make console players mad. Pc players shouldn't be punished because of consoles problems. They could very easily give concrete release dates (occasional delay due to bugs) if they didn't worry about console players being upset.
What they should do is just release the pc version whenever it is ready. Give us a time frame of when they think that will happen. Then, do the best they can to get the console version out as soon as possible. It would be cool if consoles could get the update at time same time as pc, but it's incredibly stupid to force pc to wait an extra week or two for no reason other than the fact that they want to wait for console approval.
Turns out the chapter just became available on Steam.