You think Huntress will get a CD?

Title. I've heard the devs are looking at her add ons. WE ALL KNOW what that means lol. What do you think? 10 second cd between throwing hatchets? Can only reload every min? :P

Comments

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    She doesn't need one as she has a limited resource. Simple as that.

    Yes, she can grab more hatchets out of lockers, but that's wasting her time to do so. The animation for that isn't exactly quick.

    I agree Huntress doesn't "need" a cd but that hasn't stopped the devs before.


    @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588716#Comment_1588716

    Nurse? Yeah, some add-ons were disgusting. But Billy was outright too strong for how little effort you had to put in. Slap on the old insta-saw and the survivors may as well have been running No Mither for all the good it did them!

    Base kit Huntress is the image of perfection in balance and always has been, and while I agree that nerfing "strong" killers is less favourable than buffing weaker ones, I have always been 100% in favour of making Billy actually require work to do well and will also support any Spirit changes.

    I was undecided when it came to Billy's strength level. I'm not very good at 360ing billys chainsaw. Unlike the majority, I admit I suck instead of screaming for nerfs. I just hated how billy could sprint to a wall, whip his chainsaw 90 degrees and hit me around a corner.

    Nurse, if she didnt have multiple blinks, I never felt salty about losing to a good nurse. Cause she was my 2nd most use killer and I know you need to put in the time to be good with her. Your not going to pick up nurse and start getting 4ks against decent survivors.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1586888#Comment_1586888

    This is true, but to be fair, the only things people are complaining about regarding Huntress is with regards to Iriheads and janky hits stemming from latency issues.

    People complained about inst-saw billy, yet instead of only touching the add ons, they gave Billy the Nurse treatment.

    It doesn't matter if the killer is balanced, the devs will slap a cooldown for no reason. The Billy rework pretty much proved that.

  • I hope they don't nerf her much or at all. Can't speak for her strength on PC, but she already can be quite difficult to use on console. I don't mind too much if they do something like preventing Iri Head from being combined with Infantry Belt and Leather Loop, I rarely use Iri anyway, but if they touch her base stats I am done. Her current cooldown of 2 seconds between throws already feels too long to me, which is why I often use Oak Haft, if they lengthen the cooldown beyond 2 seconds I will be pissed.

  • No because she already has to reload her power, it wouldn’t make sense.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    No because she already has to reload her power, it wouldn’t make sense.

    Doesn't make sense for nurse to have two separate cooldowns either.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588484#Comment_1588484

    Okay I can see some rank 20s complaining about base nurse, but Billy? Who complained about base Billy?

    Maybe they were low ranks, maybe they weren't. I dunno. But I definitely would say that I've seen people complain about Billy.

    @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588484#Comment_1588484

    People were complaining about their add ons. 5X blink nurse was broken and even both sides agreed on that. NO ONE asked for a cd on her blinks yet they threw that in there. No one said billy was OP and they messed with him(although not much they still F'ed with perfection) Instead of nerfing the few strong killers they should be buffing all the rest to their level.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588554#Comment_1588554

    Personally I think unless you have a few hundred hours into the game your complaints about who is OP should be ignored. But that's just me.

    @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1586899#Comment_1586899

    People complained about inst-saw billy, yet instead of only touching the add ons, they gave Billy the Nurse treatment.

    It doesn't matter if the killer is balanced, the devs will slap a cooldown for no reason. The Billy rework pretty much proved that.

    I am talking about base kit. Obviously there were a lot of complaints about Instasaw and Omega Nurse, but I definitely recall seeing non-negligible numbers of people complaining about base kit, as well as arguments over the merits of those complaints.

  • Huntress is fine otherwise but on open maps there's no counter to her insta hatchets. Especially when it's a pc Huntress. Imagine if Cone Head or Plague had add-ons like that.

  • Well, unlike Billy and Nurse, Huntress was never considered OP S-tier. Her addons truly need some tweaks, esp. gamebreaking oneshot. But rework isn't needed, so I'm not sure she'll get one. Then again, Billy also needed only addons tweaks, instead of a rework.

  • Tbh on some maps I’d prefer a Cooldown over locker cuz sometimes the lockers be 3 rooms away

1 2 ›