Why are Onis rare?
Why are onis so rare even tho he is one of the strongest killer in the game and he has very little to envy to spirit and nurse? I think that oni is one of the most underrated killer in the rooster. He has some map weakness like lery's and hawkins but overrall he has the highest snowball/comeback potential even higher than spirit i think. The only times where i really felt a loss was against 22k hrs team that played every single pallet perfectly and never got hit before 3 gens were done and everytime i get those bs maps where you can't use you power efficiently.
I really don't understand why i see way less onis than freddys and pyramid head even because funwise he's the funniest killer in the game imo.
Comments
Good survivors can deny the first hit long enough for it to be GG.
Swf can easily just hide during his rampage
loud.
This
Oni has some very bad matchups against certain maps and med kits. The others do not. Oni is also very easy to gen rush.
I don't think Oni is underrated at all. Anyone knows how easily Onis can snowball especially with Infectious Fright. However I think he still has that bug that causes him to be unable to activate his power sometimes unless it got fixed recently.
As far as I'm concerned they can stay rare too ngl.
His power isn't immediate. Until he can activate his power, assuming he even can depending on the team, he's just an M1 Killer. Unlike most of Killers who can use their powers at will to aid them, Oni has to work for it. And when you do get your power, well hopefully you find a Survivor in time within your 60 second window who isn't a god at looping.
That's been my experience with him, though I do love the character. But, allow me to also admit, I am an average player on a good day.
That said, I've also had his power bug on me several times now, so I shelved him. I'll pick him up again when (or if) BHVR ever fixes the power bug.
His power is bugged? How long? I never picked him up cause I don't like the collision on his dash.
I'm not sure when the bug started, as I just came back the day MMR first went live and the bug predated that.
But what happens is that you'll absorb blood orbs and fill the power gauge, but the ability to activate the power doesn't come with it. Just the ability to keep grabbing orbs. So, you cannot use Demon Dash or Demon Strike and are stuck as a basic M1 killer.
That and hes bugged
I play Oni very often and the only problem i have is the early game because gens go by really fast since Oni is just an M1 Killer at the start of the match.
I run BBQ so finding people is not a problem most times so i rarely waste my power.
I also see many Onis getting spun while using their power because it's very hard to hit when you first start playing him.
Idk even against full swf i never had those big issues as people say. Sometimes yeah i get my first down at 3 gens done but i'll get my power aswell and it will make up for all the gens that were done.
In the last 100 games give or take consistently being rank 1 or 2 Survivor (since when I'm play Oni it wouldn't count...)
Ghost Face: 11
Nightmare: 10
Cannibal: 10
Legion: 9
Executioner: 9
Oni: 7
Wraith: 6
Shape: 6
Spirit: 5
Deathslinger: 5
Plague: 4
Hillbilly: 4
Huntress: 3
Doctor: 3
Pig: 3
Clown: 2
Nurse: 1
Hag: 1
Trapper: 1
Demogorgon: 0 (I vaguely remember playing against one but I don’t have one recorded at all so...)
Usually I chain a ton of games at once so it’s very common for me to get the same killer twice in a row – though they often enough change the killer inbetween matches. Bubbas tend to not for whatever reason as I’ve faced the same Insidious Basement Console Bubba 3x a row once which is why I still say that’s a rare strategy to see in red/purple because I think the guy was trying to derank.
This obviously doesn't reflect their respective powerlevels - it's just 1 data point and why one survivor's experiences may vary greatly form anothers
fuuny most over powered killer you seen one time lol
that what people keep say I think they made her to hard to use.
Hillbilly gone down when comes to use him too I see.
^^
3 gens done doesn't mean the game is over.
Only the purple holographic ones are rare. The rest are common. ☺
I know he is a strong killer and high tier, but my reason for not playing him, is that he's boring (for me).
He's not that rare in my games but there is an obvious reason. It's just that people prefer to play killers with easy to learn mechanics. Therefore, you tend to see a lot of m1 killers like Freddy, Spirit, and Doctor with a low skillcap but high reward.
Huh, I was wondering why that oni never enraged the other day. The devs gotta hire more bug fixers.