Killers are terrified of unequipped perks
Prompted this because the most recent game where I was playing P3 Bill and getting unhooked without BT in basement against a clown and he blocks the door to hit my healthy rescuer who went running off. I wasn't running DS because a healing archive i'm working on but I see this Clown standing at the top of the stairs looking down at me wiping the blood from his shiv. So I promptly teabagged twice then jumped into the closest locker... the clown could visibly be seen wondering if he should "eat the non existent DS", wait it out by face camping my locker or just go "not tunnel" and chase someone else (I guess the intent of the perk). He decided on option 3 - throw some gas and went off somewhere else allowing me to get out of the basement.
Now this has happened plenty of times before when playing Laurie without DS or Bill without Borrowed Time (killer chases the guy for 15 seconds before hitting him) or running Quick and Quiet+Head On or Lithe David instead of his usual Dead Hard has resulted in a lot of hilarious moments where the killer mind games himself.
Any stories you guys want to share?
Comments
I hide in lockers and pretend I have head-on so the killer avoids the locker most the time. I haven't used that tactic in a while though so I don't have any recent stories
Edit: Replaced perk with tactic
People assuming I'm runnin DS when I run head on and slug me more often, why I like running Head On,Tenacity,Flip Flop,Unbreakable.
But I'm not sure if the thing with suspected BT was because you were Bill likewise withe the DH and David, as when I play killer I just assume everyone has DH,BT and DS until I see them using other perks.
I'm not one to be afraid of Head On. I can counter it pretty well 89% of the time. Depending on lag.
Head On bluffing on Jane is a bit harder because the 3 second setup time but not impossible if it lines up for you where the killer sees you (or at least suspects) you went in the locker and can't get near you in time to yank you out. It's rare that it wastes more than a few seconds but still funny when it does
It's an easy trick to get a 5th perk slot
I've started using DS when survivor solely because I've realised just having 1 guy with DS makes the killer play completely differently. If there's no DS the killer WILL tunnel straight off the hook even from a distance or if BT is active, even at 5 gens-red ranks. A lot of players say its the "smartest choice" which I disagree with outside of having 1 gen left and 4 survivors alive. It's also incredibly boring to play so I just don't do it as killer.
Most matches I don't use it as I'm more of a stealth/do gens player. I feel like wasting one perk slot for a perk I despise is and getting a fun match is far, far better than getting a 4 man solo match with no obsession and a tunneling Billy with noed.
Sometimes you run Sole survivor for the memes and it still serves as a DS when the killer mindgames themselves ~
Now that I think about it, object is what I just described but stronger.
This is a prime example of why when people say all those survivor second chance perks are highly situational and don't activate often are just being disingenuous or simply not understanding the strength of the perks.
Whether they actually activate or not regardless, they are still the strongest perks in the game. This is because they force the killer to play in a way that loses him the game against good survivors. It's a lose/lose scenario.
You play the way that doesn't activate any of them, essentially making you play 1 hooking each survivor one at a time taking turns which is simply non viable entirely against good survivors.
OR
You eat the DS, the Unbreakable, the BT etc and lose because you wasted time in a chase that gained you nothing while the other survivors are pumping out gens.
Against good survivors you have to do some variation of either tunneling, soft camping, or slugging if you want to win and aren't on one of the top tier killers, that's just facts. Of which all the second chance perks force the killer to do none.
On top of...he has to play around the possibility you are running all these perks...even if you aren't running them. So just the fact of these perks simply existing is giving the survivors tons of value whether they actually have them for not.
If the killer played completely "fair", none of these perks activated and the survivor team still lost, they were bad or just played terribly that game.
This is the reason why I never, ever, ever respect a person jumping in a locker after getting unhooked. At worst I eat a DS and they are out of it for good, at best they were either bluffing or they miss it. A lot of console players miss their DS skillcheck because of the frames. So crossplay has helped on that a little bit.
I don’t know just seems like simple assumption based on teachable perks or just over used perks in general same can be done about the killer side you always have to assume their is bbq and hide in lockers even if it’s not there with something like spirit you assume they have stridor
I have watch this behavior several times by survivors.
As a non bbq using killer, I need to say - Iron maiden comes there in handy :D
Agree with the people hiding in lockers like you're running BBQ thing - works wonders with unexpected aura reveal stuff like Ghostface's Outdoor security camera - grabbing a Dwight out of a locker crying hacks at me in post game is pretty delicious.
Stridor is less of a thing for experience survivors because it actually makes your breathing louder too - usually my heads up that I'm against a Spirit before she is even spotted or phase walking and makes me less willing to rely on Iron Will or trying to be too fancy with mind gaming in close proximity to the killer.
89%? That's amateur hour. Talk to me when you hit 90%.
honestly at that point if they are going in a locker they are 40m away so you won’t get the exposed but I guess it is a way to know where to go if they hide in lockers
🤦♂️ never satisfied
Basically this. Couldn't agree more.
I wouldn't mind playing fairly if the game is more fair to both sides. Play "fairly" now as killer is like asking me to lose the game on purpose, especially when playing as low tier killers.
(With that said, i still play it fairly because i know it's the game's fault, not survivors who just using the perks and items)
That and you can open lockers faster, aka. waste not much time with them. That is especially a nice goody if you use no slow down perks.
I know that many see Iron maiden as a trash perk, but I love him.
If someone jumps in a locker with no chase behind it, i will happily eat the ds stun as it wastes almost none of my time, and they are now screwed.
I think it’s an alright utility perk I only ever find it a waste of time on huntress but that’s a long story on why that is and off topic lol maybe if people want it I’ll make a post about it
It's usually not worth the slot on a majority of killers (Even huntress who technically reloads lightning fast with it) because the expose rarely comes into play if ever with only Doctor being able to easy pull value from it in many cases
Yeah I still will typically play the fair (dumb) way as well to make the game as fun for everyone as I can. However, as soon as i see bm'ing or they make it clear they are trying to bum rush the gens as humanly possible in my face I switch gears. I leave it up the survivors as to how chill I play.
Not saying they shouldn't be rushing gens, but if I realize they don't care about my fun and aren't playing chill, I'll stop caring about their fun.