Slugged For Four Minutes Because I Used Perks

So just a little rant if you don’t want to read you don’t have to nothing important

To those that care the basis of the match was it was a pc huntress with crosshairs streaming and once I got off hook they proceeded to slug me straight down. As you know it’s almost impossible to dodge a hatchet when they have cross hairs. So I am forced to use unbreakable to get up and even though they are in chase comes back to do it again. All in all I was left on the ground for whatever the full bleed out timer is which all started at 5 gens. I saw they stream so I went to find out why this was and they said it is because I ran ds and unbreakable (mind you these are tier 1 versions as I was playing Kate someone with like 10 perks to use) All of this being an assumption since they couldn’t know perks till after the match. But even so I didn’t try to abuse them if I’m down right in front of the hook. I used unbreakable because I’m slugged while ds never got used because she left me on the ground for 4min when at most it’s 60 seconds. So my question is how is me using perks wrong but her using crosshairs to make shots is ok in her mind?

Well that is my rant that probably won’t make much sense now I will answer the posts I know are bound to happen before they do I don’t care how anyone plays if that’s their style go ahead just makes you look bad if you have to leave someone on the ground for 4 min at 5 gens and I do also get I shouldn’t run that build with how broken it is but I ran it for the match above in case I am slugged and/or tunneled which happens a lot in this game and I can atleast admit I’m garbage on a lot of maps when it comes to looping Ive been a killer main for two years and only on survivor for about 2-3 months tops so if I am being tunneled I tend to panic and don’t want to waste too many resources so I’ll take a down and either stun or get myself up to gain distance

Comments

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    First of all: Sorry for that experience. It is always annoying if slugging goes this far. I, for myself, don't do such ######### because of certain perks. The only exception is Object of Obsession where I either ignore the player or tunnel them to the Entity. I just hate that perk and is completely OP versus Freddy (my Main).

    I hope you reported that player, because this is more than just slugging to counter DS. This was on purpose. It was to punish you for 2 perks you might have not even had. I had a guy once who tunneled me because 2 of my random teammates had a bnp (at least that's what he said in the end) .

    And what do you mean with crosshair btw? Did the player have a program which showed one?

    I just use a simple diamond shape cut out of paper, which I hang with a thread on my screen. It is not very accurate, but I never get her axes right, because the trajectory doesn't start in the middle of the scream. It rather starts slightly to the left and a bit lower. Deathslinger is no problem though.

    You can slug the entire team at the start of the game for 4 minutes - It's not reportable.

    Source - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/60441/is-it-bannable-to-slug-4-survivors

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577315#Comment_1577315

    I told her to wait for hatch no use picking me up for me to go down again

    You told her to let you bleed out when you still had almost 2 minutes left on your timer, but you're mad at me?

  • The reason there was a complete different one. That killer just slugged all 4 people. It is boring but (which is right) is not bannable. If you don't want them to kobe or if you don't find them, that is probably the wisest thing to do.

    This one here did it because he assumingly had DS and Unbreakable and wanted to punish him for it.

    I don't know man, for me this is unsportsmanlike. At least when I face an Object, I definitely know that person has the perk and can act accordingly. But that killer just bullied a survivor because he assumed that he had these perks. Slug for about a mitnute because of DS... OK... or because of strategic reasons... OK.... but that? This is far beyond every strategic slugging I ever faced.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/186464/slugged-for-four-minutes-because-i-used-perks

    So you ran DS Unbreakable. You got what you deserved, the killer playing correctly against that combo, its not their fault your team sucked balls to not pick you up.

    If you weren't going to abuse DS Unbreakable, then run something else, people like you are as bad as a thief saying they wont steal again to escape jail time.

    Bro just stop right there. You are making killer mains look so bad. Saying you can't run those perks because it is strong synergy is complete bs. It's not what you said but you are basically saying that. It's just like saying you can't run pop and corrupt (maybe even ruin) because they are strong.

    If you bothered to be like most reasonable people you would hear him out. The killer didn't actually play around the combo they just rendered him useless. Only thing I agreed on is that the teammates sucked ass for not picking him up.

    The killer didn't even know he had those perks but yeah it's ok just to assume something like that with no evidence. People like you who say this are the exact reason people run these perks.

    Scott should have never made that small pp video because now the people who watch that might take the wrong idea and then think they are correct on the topic when there is no reason they shouldn't run those perks. Same goes with pop,corrupt, and ruin.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1578125#Comment_1578125

    Bro, go away. Killers are allowed to attempt to counter that broken combo. If no one picks you up, that's on the team not the killer. So take that wall of useless text and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

    You obviously didn't bother reading all of it did you? Not surprised but what can you do about someone you can't reason with.

  • @RizeAki said:

    So just a little rant if you don’t want to read you don’t have to nothing important

    To those that care the basis of the match was it was a pc huntress with crosshairs streaming and once I got off hook they proceeded to slug me straight down. As you know it’s almost impossible to dodge a hatchet when they have cross hairs. So I am forced to use unbreakable to get up and even though they are in chase comes back to do it again. All in all I was left on the ground for whatever the full bleed out timer is which all started at 5 gens. I saw they stream so I went to find out why this was and they said it is because I ran ds and unbreakable (mind you these are tier 1 versions as I was playing Kate someone with like 10 perks to use) All of this being an assumption since they couldn’t know perks till after the match. But even so I didn’t try to abuse them if I’m down right in front of the hook. I used unbreakable because I’m slugged while ds never got used because she left me on the ground for 4min when at most it’s 60 seconds. So my question is how is me using perks wrong but her using crosshairs to make shots is ok in her mind?

    Well that is my rant that probably won’t make much sense now I will answer the posts I know are bound to happen before they do I don’t care how anyone plays if that’s their style go ahead just makes you look bad if you have to leave someone on the ground for 4 min at 5 gens and I do also get I shouldn’t run that build with how broken it is but I ran it for the match above in case I am slugged and/or tunneled which happens a lot in this game and I can atleast admit I’m garbage on a lot of maps when it comes to looping Ive been a killer main for two years and only on survivor for about 2-3 months tops so if I am being tunneled I tend to panic and don’t want to waste too many resources so I’ll take a down and either stun or get myself up to gain distance

    I Kind of have a middle opinion on this. I see why you're both annoyed. I main killer but I play both sides (you have to if you want to be good at either) DS/Unbreakable is pretty stressful as a killer. But it's not the end of the world either. If I'm a killer in a lobby with multiple DS Unbreakables, yeah, for sure, im not playing nice. There's really no option to at that point. If I get DSd by every survivor or let every survivor pick themselves up, I'd spend the whole game with next to 0 map pressure and its a guaranteed loss (Mind you this is all assuming the survivors play well and are abusing these perks.). The only way to recover from something like that is to play dirty or hope the survivors haven't been doing gens effeciently.


    And while I don't agree with letting one survivor being slugged the whole game for DSU, especially if they're the only one, I understand the mindset behind it. Its meant to be a smack on the nose to discourage you from using the combo in the future so that there are fewer lobbys where EVERY survivor runs that combo. But, i also think that's conceited and entitled as [BAD WORD].


    But this is kind of a perfect example of what DbD is. Its asymmetrical, no one side is supposed to have complete control every match. Sometimes your run into 4 DSU with an object and some really well used exhaustion perks. Sometimes you run into an Iri head huntress with a red mori. I think its important for both sides to remember "Just because you can doesn't mean you should." But maaaaaybe every once in a while, sure, why not. Just for funsies.


    Alright, that's it for me. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

  • OP, sometimes you gotta just DC and move on. It’s BS, but it is what it is.


    On a separate note, the level of primitive defense mechanisms displayed in this thread alone is just, wow. Bet you didn’t know you could learn so much about Cluster B pathology from a forum thread

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    OP, sometimes you gotta just DC and move on. It’s BS, but it is what it is.

    On a separate note, the level of primitive defense mechanisms displayed in this thread alone is just, wow. Bet you didn’t know you could learn so much about Cluster B pathology from a forum thread

    Trust me would have dced if I could but penalties and I was in a swf so I didn’t want to ruin things for them

  • Hold up. You're mad that a Killer didn't want to immediately put you right back on the hook? He/she slugged you instead to give you a chance, but he/she was still in the area when you used Unbreakable and you're mad that you got slugged again instead of getting hooked for your mistake?

  • @Desh said:

    Hold up. You're mad that a Killer didn't want to immediately put you right back on the hook? He/she slugged you instead to give you a chance, but he/she was still in the area when you used Unbreakable and you're mad that you got slugged again instead of getting hooked for your mistake?

    No she legit camped my body with crosshairs downing anyone that made an attempt to save me while hooking them and leaving me until bleed out I’m not mad it was slightly a rant it was more funny cuz she told me I deserve it for my perks while she is using exploits cuz to her that was fine

  • Yeah but in this game not running DS is gonna get you tunneled.

  • Since most of the comments completely ignored the video of the entire match in favor or taking RizeAki's version of events at face value, I'll repost the link here.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/723551021


    2:10 You're downed for the first time. David is right next to you and injured so she chases and downs him. Feng is working on a gen right in front of you when she comes back, so she chases her off. Attempts to hook you but Jane pallet saves.

    3:05 Downed and immediately hooked.

    3:55 You are unhooked, but decide to RUN AT THE KILLER, instead of escaping to the opposite side of the map. I suppose you think she should A. try to pick you under a pallet so your swf teammates can pallet save again or B. eat the DS you were obviously trying to force even though you "wasn’t I was trying to run off to be healed". Completely sound decision to slug at this point.

    4:28 You use Unbreakable or are healed, killer is carrying Jane. You have all the time in the world to "run off to be healed". Instead you RUN AT THE KILLER flashlight clicking. At this point the killer has multiple injured targets in the same area that are body blocking and initiating chases. It would be absolutely stupid to not slug in this situation, especially when you're trying to flashlight blind in the open instead of run.

    In each situation, YOU initiated a chase with the killer, and your teammates played the situation horribly. It's almost hard to believe you were a swf on comms. Stop blaming the killer for your poor plays.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    Since most of the comments completely ignored the video of the entire match in favor or taking RizeAki's version of events at face value, I'll repost the link here.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/723551021

    2:10 You're downed for the first time. David is right next to you and injured so she chases and downs him. Feng is working on a gen right in front of you when she comes back, so she chases her off. Attempts to hook you but Jane pallet saves.

    3:05 Downed and immediately hooked.

    3:55 You are unhooked, but decide to RUN AT THE KILLER, instead of escaping to the opposite side of the map. I suppose you think she should A. try to pick you under a pallet so your swf teammates can pallet save again or B. eat the DS you were obviously trying to force even though you "wasn’t I was trying to run off to be healed". Completely sound decision to slug at this point.

    4:28 You use Unbreakable or are healed, killer is carrying Jane. You have all the time in the world to "run off to be healed". Instead you RUN AT THE KILLER flashlight clicking. At this point the killer has multiple injured targets in the same area that are body blocking and initiating chases. It would be absolutely stupid to not slug in this situation, especially when you're trying to flashlight blind in the open instead of run.

    In each situation, YOU initiated a chase with the killer, and your teammates played the situation horribly. It's almost hard to believe you were a swf on comms. Stop blaming the killer for your poor plays.

    As said above I ran at her to get hooked so I could suicide nobody wants to play with exploits and that was what this post was about idc that I got slugged for that long but don’t say someone deserves it for perks while running exploits

  • @Rogue11 said:

    Since most of the comments completely ignored the video of the entire match in favor or taking RizeAki's version of events at face value, I'll repost the link here.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/723551021

    2:10 You're downed for the first time. David is right next to you and injured so she chases and downs him. Feng is working on a gen right in front of you when she comes back, so she chases her off. Attempts to hook you but Jane pallet saves.

    3:05 Downed and immediately hooked.

    3:55 You are unhooked, but decide to RUN AT THE KILLER, instead of escaping to the opposite side of the map. I suppose you think she should A. try to pick you under a pallet so your swf teammates can pallet save again or B. eat the DS you were obviously trying to force even though you "wasn’t I was trying to run off to be healed". Completely sound decision to slug at this point.

    4:28 You use Unbreakable or are healed, killer is carrying Jane. You have all the time in the world to "run off to be healed". Instead you RUN AT THE KILLER flashlight clicking. At this point the killer has multiple injured targets in the same area that are body blocking and initiating chases. It would be absolutely stupid to not slug in this situation, especially when you're trying to flashlight blind in the open instead of run.

    In each situation, YOU initiated a chase with the killer, and your teammates played the situation horribly. It's almost hard to believe you were a swf on comms. Stop blaming the killer for your poor plays.

    Like was it not obvious? So for running perks and trying to suicide out I deserve to be stuck on the ground? As I said above I was doing tomes and as it was a challenge impossible to do on that map especially against crosshairs huntress I wanted to suicide and try on another map can’t exactly dc or else 15min ban

  • @Rogue11 said:

    Since most of the comments completely ignored the video of the entire match in favor or taking RizeAki's version of events at face value, I'll repost the link here.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/723551021

    2:10 You're downed for the first time. David is right next to you and injured so she chases and downs him. Feng is working on a gen right in front of you when she comes back, so she chases her off. Attempts to hook you but Jane pallet saves.

    3:05 Downed and immediately hooked.

    3:55 You are unhooked, but decide to RUN AT THE KILLER, instead of escaping to the opposite side of the map. I suppose you think she should A. try to pick you under a pallet so your swf teammates can pallet save again or B. eat the DS you were obviously trying to force even though you "wasn’t I was trying to run off to be healed". Completely sound decision to slug at this point.

    4:28 You use Unbreakable or are healed, killer is carrying Jane. You have all the time in the world to "run off to be healed". Instead you RUN AT THE KILLER flashlight clicking. At this point the killer has multiple injured targets in the same area that are body blocking and initiating chases. It would be absolutely stupid to not slug in this situation, especially when you're trying to flashlight blind in the open instead of run.

    In each situation, YOU initiated a chase with the killer, and your teammates played the situation horribly. It's almost hard to believe you were a swf on comms. Stop blaming the killer for your poor plays.

    Oh well if I want to rant I never gave any names you and her called her out not me so gg now everyone knows who it was

  • The unbreakable/ D'S combo is pretty powerful, but that's still a jerk move to pull. He seems pretty sad.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576822#Comment_1576822

    Well it can be justified in other ways but if just because its available means its fair play then, ebony mori iri head huntress would be fair play in your eyes I guess

    I play both sides and no matter which side im on if I see someone running the small pp build they will get no sympathy and I will remind them of it in the post game chat

    Comparing Unbreakeable and DS with Mori or Iri Huntress is quite a stretch since the combo issn't nearly as strong as Moris or Iri Head, but yeah, if something is available in the game to use, it's hard to blame the players using it. Especially when it comes to perks.

    You just sound like some 10 year old when saying that people deserve to be slugged and treated in a toxic way because they use two perks you don't like.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1576858#Comment_1576858

    Comparing Unbreakeable and DS with Mori or Iri Huntress is quite a stretch since the combo issn't nearly as strong as Moris or Iri Head, but yeah, if something is available in the game to use, it's hard to blame the players using it. Especially when it comes to perks.

    You just sound like some 10 year old when saying that people deserve to be slugged and treated in a toxic way because they use two perks you don't like.

    yea but comparing unbreakable ds to an average killer is also quite a stretch since the average killer using average addons isn't nearly as strong as unbreakable ds

    You can't comprehend something so simple so I forced you to make a stupid analogy just to show you, of course an ebony mori god nurse can deal with ds unbreakable but not the average killer consistently

1 2 3 ›