Next killer nerf is Deathslinger

I think it’s safe to say that the next killer to get nerfed or tweaked is deathslinger. These forums have been filled with Deathslinger rants and topics about how he has no counterplay which I somewhat agree to an extent. Oh well, what do you guys think? What killer do you think will be getting a nerf next?

Comments

  • Huntress will be next cause her addons need an update

    Still needs her second iri

  • @Momentosis said:

    Deathslinger is one of the weaker killers. Why would he be nerfed?

    His chase game is too strong, or so people claim.

  • They probably just going to continue their list before they arbitrarily switch to deathslinger.

    Huntress still needs to get in line with the the add-on formula specifically needing another ultra rare and a change to iridescent head

    Myers also doesn't fit the formula

    Amanda and Legion are both in desperate need of add-on reworks

    Not to mention Clown


    The only time I've seen them rearrange their priorities to get a killer ironed out real quick was with legion and that was simply because initially Legion was very abusable

  • First off why are people ranting about Deathslinger?

    He's perfectly fine he's not super strong like people are pointing him out to be.

    He's in a good spot and people who are complaining about him just need to get better against him.

    I've played against some bad, decent & very good Deathslinger's but his main problem is gen speed and he's a slow killer.

    Good Deathslinger's that hit their shots deserve the kill and as survivor you need to understand the player that's using him and a certain playstyle they're playing him so you can make good reads.

    How about you guys that are having problems against Deathslinger learn not to run in a straight line and look behind you as you run once in awhile.

    (Huntress is way better then him)

    (If you can outplay a Huntress you can outplay a Deathslinger)

  • @Hoodied said:

    Doubt it, Deathslinger is a good killer but not worthy of a nerf at all, and everything about his kit proves it

    110% m/s killer, makes using his power priority over chasing directly

    Pea sized hitbox for his harpoon, requires you to be capable of aiming to use him and being able to predict survivor movements

    Cannot down survivors over pallets, immediately makes Huntress a better choice

    Exactly so all these people (and op) that are having a hard time against Deathslinger seems like a them/personal problem

  • Maybe he could be balanced by adding...I don't know, a Cooldown to his power!? /s

  • @ScottJund said:

    I highly doubt it. He's not strong enough to warrant it IMO.

    Theyll find a reason to nerf him i bet

  • I mean what is there to nerf though...?

    He already is 110% and over the top of my head, the only two things I could think of getting nerfed are the scope-in time and projectile speed.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Huntress will be next cause her addons need an update

    Still needs her second iri

    Don't forget the free cooldown mechanic coming with every add-on rework XD

  • @Volfawott said:

    They probably just going to continue their list before they arbitrarily switch to deathslinger.

    Huntress still needs to get in line with the the add-on formula specifically needing another ultra rare and a change to iridescent head

    Myers also doesn't fit the formula

    Amanda and Legion are both in desperate need of add-on reworks

    Not to mention Clown

    The only time I've seen them rearrange their priorities to get a killer ironed out real quick was with legion and that was simply because initially Legion was very abusable

    Ahhh XD I still see the uproar of billY Everytime I see the point add-on rework and start to think about the most hilarious was to present a cooldown for each of the mentioned killers. And I don't care about the change to bill in the end it was reduced to nothing after the uproar.

    Take all the following suggestions with the style of the samnation videos in mind:

    Huntress - gets a tennis arm and has to shake the stress of

    Legion - gets asthma/heavy breathing like clown after running too much

    Clown - throws out his back after throwing too much too fast, or nearly chokes (more)

    Pig - just like in her introduction video from samnation, her mask is turned backwards after too many dashes

    Myers - I have to admit ,no idea

  • I mean, we've been complaining about spirit since her second set of buffs and even that one nerf she got didn't exactly change much.

    Could we just rework spirit instead of slinger first? Please? She's so much worse to deal with.

  • The nerfs/buffs that happen don't always align with what survivors are currently asking for.

    Spirit got nerfed after a lot of complaints, but it was a mild one and apart from prayer beads didn't address much about what survivors were actually complaining about.

    Doc got buffed and survivors liked the new version even less than the old one. Then they buffed him again.

    I don't see much happening with slinger for a long time.

  • @SavouryRain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1571993#Comment_1571993

    I think the issue a lot of people have in regards to Huntress vs DS is that Huntress has more visibility in what she is doing. Like, you can see when she's throwing: that little feedback allows the survivor to have the ability to dodge/juke. DS doesn't have that tell; when the gun is up, you don't really have the ability to dodge, so you have to rely on moving erratically in an attempt to make him miss. Plus, really good DS' can quickscope you, giving you no feedback on anything regarding his power.

    Now, that said, I don't find the quickscope, or really anything about his power, to be OP or anything. The non-interactivity is what makes him just really boring to play against.

    When I dodge/juke a Huntress, my thought is "whew, dodged that." When I dodge/juke a DS, my thought is "he missed." That's the inherent difference between playing against them. "I dodged that" implies that I had an active role in it, whereas "he missed" implies that I had nothing to do with it.

    PH is another matter, because aside from the fact that he completely circumvents a pallet completely, which wouldn't necessarily be a problem if he had the reduced movespeed, he's completely fine. I just wish more PH's would put me in the box instead of just hooking me and saving my torment for the mori.

    Ahhh I understand you mean. It's just I sort of find it sucky that there's a killer that I enjoy playing a lot with (probably same thing goes for everyone and their own killers), and I'm nervous that the devs might actually nerf him more less tweak them to where chases are more extended. Don't get me wrong I still understand your point, from what I read you want to get the satisfaction that you avoided the possibility of taking some damage where as in deathslinger's can only be, "oh he missed". With the power to end chases quickly for me it makes up for the lack of map pressure, area control, tracking, and locating. Especially when you might have an ace up your sleeve.

  • @Shenanigan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1572034#Comment_1572034

    Ahhh I understand you mean. It's just I sort of find it sucky that there's a killer that I enjoy playing a lot with (probably same thing goes for everyone and their own killers), and I'm nervous that the devs might actually nerf him more less tweak them to where chases are more extended. Don't get me wrong I still understand your point, from what I read you want to get the satisfaction that you avoided the possibility of taking some damage where as in deathslinger's can only be, "oh he missed". With the power to end chases quickly for me it makes up for the lack of map pressure, area control, tracking, and locating. Especially when you might have an ace up your sleeve.

    Yeah, I definitely don't have a problem with playing against the Deathslinger (despite what some posters who lack reading comprehension think I've been saying), in terms of power level. He needs to be dangerous in a chase because he is lacking mobility and what not.

    I just think a little more interactivity should be put in. How to go about doing that, I don't know; I'm not a game dev.

  • We don't need killer nerfs, we need killer buffs and certian survivor perks nerfed. But the devs won't do that because they only care about survivors and only about mildy appeasing killers to try to distract them from how OP survivors and especially SWF is.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1571516#Comment_1571516

    All I know is I’ve seen so many posts this month specifically on how he needs to be nerfed because of his zoning ability.

    Demo has the same zoning potential but never gets talked about

  • @Golden_spider said:

    Yeah Deathslinger does need a Nerf.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OTJAB5EUD7QY/longstrike-cs-6-nerf-n-strike.jpg

    I feel like he'd use something similar to this one.

    Hahahahaha that was so good.

    Maybe surv need a nerf too when t-bagging. Instead of crouching shooting the nerf gun to killer face at the exit lmfao

1 2 ›