Why the blight is the most important killer ever released

The Blight marks a huge step for behavior for the reason that were finally getting fun killers again. Survivors have been plagued with annoying and unfun killers since spirits was released. The biggest offenders of this being spirit, deathslinger, executioner, freddy, and doctor. These killers all are extremely new and extremely annoying to play against. This is just by design and not the fault of the killers but by how the devs designed them. The Blight changes all of this by bringing us a fun to play and play against killer that who with the proper changes will be actually really good. The Blight also has brought us the best killer perks in a long time mainly dragons grip and hex:undying with amazing survivor perks too. Overall great job BHVR with bringing back fun killers.

Comments

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562368#Comment_1562368

    Good does not equal boring (huntress, Billy, nurse, oni,demo).

    But I don’t find Huntress or Billy fun to face.

    A MAJORITY of Nurse players are not good. Good ones exists but it’s not a common sight.

    You can’t use the Scott Jund excuse of “boring to face” because not the entire playbase is going to agree on what killers are fun and what killers are not. I love facing Myers but I know people who hate him. We all have different opinions on who we like and dislike :/

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yeah I'm sick of oppressive Killers. They're not fun to play as or against. I know The Blight is getting buffed before release lets hope they won't revert it.

    I'm so tired of Freddys, Docs, Slingers and Pyramid Head type Killers. Its so boring and skill less. That's the worst part tbh, is how skill-less it it all is.

    If I'm gonna get destroyed by a Killer at least force the person playing to have some skill instead of mindlessly pressing M2 until they win. Ya'know like Nurse? Or Billy or Huntress.

    I hope they keep making Killers like this. But uh, I know Killer """"""mains"""""" out there are going to cry because its not going to be free 4K's all day.

    IKR, Lately for killer mains if a new killer can't instadown or have an obnoxious or easy power to use he's trash.

  • Fun and viable are 2 key factors for me and id assume alot of people which is sad beacuse its hard to get on point

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562396#Comment_1562396

    But I don’t find Huntress or Billy fun to face.

    A MAJORITY of Nurse players are not good. Good ones exists but it’s not a common sight.

    You can’t use the Scott Jund excuse of “boring to face” because not the entire playbase is going to agree on what killers are fun and what killers are not. I love facing Myers but I know people who hate him. We all have different opinions on who we like and dislike :/

    i find freddy, clown, pig, billy, trapper and pyramid head (and maybe legion and spirit beceause teamate give up easely when playing solo) unfun to verse, as we can all see each people as his own set of killer that are unfun to verse.


    yes i respond just to help your argument you're welcome

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yeah I'm sick of oppressive Killers. They're not fun to play as or against. I know The Blight is getting buffed before release lets hope they won't revert it.

    I'm so tired of Freddys, Docs, Slingers and Pyramid Head type Killers. Its so boring and skill less. That's the worst part tbh, is how skill-less it it all is.

    If I'm gonna get destroyed by a Killer at least force the person playing to have some skill instead of mindlessly pressing M2 until they win. Ya'know like Nurse? Or Billy or Huntress.

    I hope they keep making Killers like this. But uh, I know Killer """"""mains"""""" out there are going to cry because its not going to be free 4K's all day.

    Deathslinger isnt brainless. Neither is PH. Spirit and Freddy are

  • "The weakest killers are the funniest to go against"

  • @Veeramid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562834#Comment_1562834

    If killers dont get a buff with the voice chat system it'll be like playing dead by daylight with swfs all the time and all the killers will quit.

    yea ok fair enough, but i can imagine not all players will use/like vc, so maybe vc isnt really a good idea after all.

    i totally agree that if they make a way to communicate better between survivors they need to buff killers in general tho

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562396#Comment_1562396

    But I don’t find Huntress or Billy fun to face.

    A MAJORITY of Nurse players are not good. Good ones exists but it’s not a common sight.

    You can’t use the Scott Jund excuse of “boring to face” because not the entire playbase is going to agree on what killers are fun and what killers are not. I love facing Myers but I know people who hate him. We all have different opinions on who we like and dislike :/

    My examples are killers who you can counter if good and are typically found fun myers is fun also it wasnt just flat out these are fun also i wasnt using Scott jund but ok.

  • You can call me salty or sour for this but from the time that I've spent reading over threads and watching videos I've come under the impression that a "fun" killer seems to be one that can loop only with m1 and their power being secondary to a chase at best and serving primarily as a movement tool around the map. I'm not a fan of this mentality because it implies that all killers should be designed with the idea that every killer should be looped traditionally which is dumb. Different killers have different strengths and weaknesses. Clown, Deathslinger and Pyramid have strong chase potentional but suffer with map pressure. Oni, Blight and Hillbilly have great map mobility but are still m1 killers so they rely more on mindgames but most importantly each killer has it's own set of mindgames to them. Looping a PH effectively and looping an Oni effectively require very different skillsets and mindsets.


    I've played Blight and I think he's a lot of fun for he is and hope that tweaks to his hitbox will fix some of his more glaring problems but I really hate this idea that all killers need to be looped the same way. A lot of survivors say how traditional looping is the most "fun" but it shouldn't be the only way of looping them. Different powers means different ways to play for BOTH SIDES.

  • Oh no. Survivors are calling The Blight "fun". He is worse than I could have ever imagined Clown to be.

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    Oh no. Survivors are calling The Blight "fun". He is worse than I could have ever imagined Clown to be.

    Of course they think hes fun. Almost every game versus a Blight is a guaranteed win! His addons are amazing tho. The new balance team is doing a poor job so far, but they nailed these. I personally hope that the Hindered addon for slams becomes base.

  • For me, Killers should have various abilities like PH, Doctor, Fred.

    But not so annoying like Doc (static blast is not, but madness system)

    or op like Fred (double abilities while keeping his speed + many side effects)

    PH is what Killers should be like.

  • @InsaneNurseMain said:

    Funny how if a killer is good, they're 'unfun'. But if a killer is bad they're 'fun to play against'. Yeah he's fun to play against because he's trash

    This exactly ^

    They're just a bunch of weasels hopping in on the trend since scott made the unfun killers vid, which stressed heavily on spirit and to an extent slinger.

    ANY other killer in the game is fine, except that this killer isn't even fine with how clanky he is right now.

  • So... Kilers who actually have power on loops are unfun? Well I get bored of being looped you have fun with that? At least those killers make you to have skill rather than looping.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562401#Comment_1562401

    There is very little skill in playing survivor. If you know the tiles, you’re golden.

    I'd argue that mindgaming at loops and being able to use LOS to your advantage to be unpredictable is a pretty vital skill for survivor at high level, theres also being able to predict lunges and 360s which is pretty hard against a good killer and is entirely physical skill. Most of the killers (specifically M1 killers) don't require any skill outside of basic knowledge of loops and mechanics (like survivors) that apply to all killers. It's only when you get to the killers like Huntress or Nurse, Oni and Billy where physical skills aswell as knowledge about their unique mechanics come into play.

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    "The weakest killers are the funniest to go against"

    Legion and Clown throw this arguament straight out the window. I can get an easy solo 4 man escape against a Legion and it'll kill my motivation to solo queue for the rest of the day because of how boring it is.

  • @InsaneNurseMain said:

    Funny how if a killer is good, they're 'unfun'. But if a killer is bad they're 'fun to play against'. Yeah he's fun to play against because he's trash

    Not at all. Nurse is good but fun to play against. Clown is terrible and also terribly unfun to play against just to mention 2.

  • @InsaneNurseMain said:

    Funny how if a killer is good, they're 'unfun'. But if a killer is bad they're 'fun to play against'. Yeah he's fun to play against because he's trash

    Look at Huntress, and pre nerf billy. Both are/were fun to play against and are still incredibly strong.

  • I just find it funny that every single killer you named is somewhat strong and requires you to do something besides running and throwing down pallets but now that we finally have a killer who does just that and is incredibly weak you say he’s fun to play against

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562950#Comment_1562950

    My examples are killers who you can counter if good and are typically found fun myers is fun also it wasnt just flat out these are fun also i wasnt using Scott jund but ok.

    Every killer has some form of a counter, no killer is completely uncounterable. There’s just different types of counters. You can’t loop a Deathslinger the same way you would a Wraith.

    DS and PH have a strong 1V1 chase. Of course you’re going down quicker than you would a Wraith.

    Also didn’t know Huntress was “typically found fun”. I didn’t know a majority of the playerbase liked facing her. Didn’t know people like getting hit by her flying orcas.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1563353#Comment_1563353

    Every killer has some form of a counter, no killer is completely uncounterable. There’s just different types of counters. You can’t loop a Deathslinger the same way you would a Wraith.

    DS and PH have a strong 1V1 chase. Of course you’re going down quicker than you would a Wraith.

    Also didn’t know Huntress was “typically found fun”. I didn’t know a majority of the playerbase liked facing her. Didn’t know people like getting hit by her flying orcas.

    When huntress doesnt have ######### hitbozds then genuinely fun. Also PH can put you in unwinnable scenarios dont understand the counter there. DS we can play a custom and show me the counterplay.

  • Killers are annoying when you can't loop them the same way! Blight is a step in the right direction because he can be looped without effort!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Let me guess, you wrote this post after watching Scott's last video.

    No this is an opinion I've shared for a long time. I'm a killer main I genuinely dont care if survivors find something unfun but they won't stay if they aren't having fun. Blight is good and with the changes coming especially to his collision he will be good. You can watch oh tofus use of him to see how he makes him extremely effective.

1 2 ›