Killers, prefer wins that are a fight to the finish or a merciless slaughter?

What i mean is, is it more satisfying to get wins where only one or two gens are done and the survivors are at your mercy or wins where it's a fight to the finish with nerve racking chases and clutch saves?

Comments

  • Stomps are more fun for me, cause I feel like an unstoppable monster

  • Fight to the finish no doubt. I want to overcome. Not hit a piece of wood.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Fight to the finish no doubt. I want to overcome. Not hit a piece of wood.

    Same.

    I feel the same way as survivor, too.

    I would rather have a fun, close match than stomp the other side.

  • @Zwergz112 said:

    What i mean is, is it more satisfying to get wins where only one or two gens are done and the survivors are at your mercy or wins where it's a fight to the finish with nerve racking chases and clutch saves?

    Balanced games where i don't feel rushed or forced to camp/tunnel. If i had games play out with the standard 2E/2K every game, and i was able to kill 1 before the gens got done, then kill another during endgame, i'd see it as a balanced game.


    Obviously i prefer to win, but i don't like having games where i 4k with 1 gen done, or get gen rushed so hard that i can only get kills at endgame. Even getting a 4k at the end feels bad.

  • I prefer to have the survivors at my mercy, and just enjoy the hunt.

    With the way play, I'm actually surprised when people die on hook, because I spread them out and don't really remember who's on what hook state.

  • I prefer my games to be in the middle. Not too easy, but not turning into a sweat fest to try down someone. As long as the survivors are good and give a good challenge, it would feel like a good match for me. It's no fun stomping potatoes who DH into walls, or god loopers who you'll never catch since they're in Narnia before you even see them vault.

  • I love sweat fests as both sides, give me Nurse and Spirit all day I'll take it with pleasure. I didn't buy dbd to play gen simulator or survivor butchering simulator, I bought it so I could feel tension and see exciting nerve wracking situations, plays, and risks.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    I prefer my games to be in the middle. Not too easy, but not turning into a sweat fest to try down someone. As long as the survivors are good and give a good challenge, it would feel like a good match for me. It's no fun stomping potatoes who DH into walls, or god loopers who you'll never catch since they're in Narnia before you even see them vault.

    Wouldn't god loopers not be a win in your case? It's irrelevant to mention them right?

  • If I end up winning but am not happy because of how hard it was, it's just not a good feeling. Winning should be fun, but sweaty survivors ruin that feeling.

  • Matches where I manage to startle the everloving hell out of survivors. it's satisfying to get a sacrifice in, but even more satisfying to get a positive 'you're scary' in the end

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547006#Comment_1547006

    Wouldn't god loopers not be a win in your case? It's irrelevant to mention them right?

    True but I don't really play for wins. I just play for fun. If I win, I win, if not, I try to at least rack some points up. Either way, as long as it's a fun match I don't mind either way.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547022#Comment_1547022

    True but I don't really play for wins. I just play for fun. If I win, I win, if not, I try to at least rack some points up. Either way, as long as it's a fun match I don't mind either way.

    Right but lemme guess, you would have more "fun" if it was easier for you to win?

  • Depends. Never going into the game full sweaty.

    If they are chill gamers, i'll be chill too.

    If they start tbagging, clicky clicky n s*hit for no reason, i'll play dirty.

  • Depends on how I'm feeling. Sometimes I just wanna stomp everything in my way like the monster my killers are supposed to be. Other times it feels great to win a battle by the skin of my teeth.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    Depends on how I'm feeling. Sometimes I just wanna stomp everything in my way like the monster my killers are supposed to be. Other times it feels great to win a battle by the skin of my teeth.

    This exactly, same goes for when playing survivor, it just depends on mood whether or not ya want to Steamroll or have an intense game, although personally I moreso lean towards enjoying the intense ones.

  • Battle to the end. Running over potatoes does nothing for me. I'd rather have a challenge and some fun.

    Same goes for survivor. I'd rather die feet from the exit of a long match of back and forth than skip out unscathed.

  • I prefer to do yes-yes with the proboscis.

    Untitled Image


  • Both are fun in their own way.

    You always smile when you destroy a team and there are 3-4 gens up, but that satisfying last hook at one gen or egc is even better.

  • Fight to win. But one that feels fair. I also love a good stomp as it's funny, but prefer difficulty. I want it to feel deserved but at the same time, having to overly sweat and play in a mean fashion isn't as fun to me as I like others to have a fun game too

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547040#Comment_1547040

    Right but lemme guess, you would have more "fun" if it was easier for you to win?

    Not really. I don't want easy wins at any time. If I want to try win, I don't want it easy. I like the challenge of going against good survivors. Other people might find stomping potatoes fun, but not me.

  • @Zwergz112 said:

    What i mean is, is it more satisfying to get wins where only one or two gens are done and the survivors are at your mercy or wins where it's a fight to the finish with nerve racking chases and clutch saves?

    I prefer close games when i slaughter or get slaughtered its kind of lame.

  • stomping a team of bots may as well be a single player game

  • A game where I just stomp everyone is incredibly boring. "Winning" has no meaning if you had no chance of losing. If I wanted that I'd just paste a victory screen as my desktop background and look at it every once in a while, because it's about the same amount of effort.

    Likewise, feeling like I stand no chance at all of victory is just demoralizing.

    I want to be able to put my all into it and legitimately feel like I could win or lose. Win because of my skill and knowledge, and lose because my opponent is outplaying me or I've screwed up. It's a hard line to walk, and gets murkier and murkier as it comes down to individual plays where one person felt like they did amazing but the other person 100% felt like that play was BS.

    I think a big part of it is if it's a stomp one way or the other, I rarely feel like I've learned anything, or might even start reinforcing bad habits. A game where we're both desperate to try to outplay the other for that little edge feels like when I learn the most about the game and how I play, and it really cements mistakes and good plays in my mind that I feel like betters my ability to play the game more than anything else.