New killer wont have counterplay.

As it stands right now we got Deathslinger, PH the last to killers have no counterplay. The devs are most likely gonna do the same for the upcoming killer and genrushing will become even more prevalent.

The devs wont focus on survivor when they make the killers and it's obvious. They really need to make a better designed killer like oni, new bubba,billy huntress, nurse. They got to stop only thinking of one side. The game is becoming stale and very uninteresting.

Comments

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547725#Comment_1547725

    The thing I would with swf is limit they're perks, something like 2 swf 4 perks, 3 swf 2 perks and 4 swf one each, but it's just an idea. I would love to buff solos to swf level but then again, what is that level? How many buffs would killer need to be that level without making it broken? The only thing right now that comes to my mind is the idea I said first

    You cant limit perks to people who play with friends. Most swfs are not optimal. Punishing people who play with friends will be a turn off when playing this game.

    Buffing solo to the swf on com level is what I'd say the biggest problem killers have with swf. Then buff killers accordingly. It's truly a hard question to answer which is why the devs ignore it as much as they do.

  • @KillScreen said:

    Its not even out yet and ppl are already crying? You should never left call of duty.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MQW3ILL36OY6/manbaby.gif

    If you arent gonna say anything meaningful go away it's all speculation if you wod have read my post you would know that.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548206#Comment_1548206

    Played against a doc with some addons he could shock me before I even finished recuperating from the first one. Not to mentioned spammed like a mug. Fun times.

    Do you by any chance know which versions of what addons they were running? because Ive seen some fast shock therapys with stacking the purple and green Discipline but I still recuperated before the next one landed, albeit with barely enough time to vault, however that could again be him making mistakes, Im not saying it's not a powerful power, I just disagreed that it was mindless.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548288#Comment_1548288

    Yes, both sides want to do their obj as fast as they can.

    They can force it by working on gens etc.

    You can evade mori if you and your team never get caught. Silly argument, it forces playing suboptimal, you're not evading it, you're wasting time in a different way.

    25% for like 20s before them pick themselfs is very weak, they get away with wasting time or working on gens for free either way so it's a loss no matter the option you chose.

    That's not what I said you want to delete someone in the game before they can even get points. So in other words you want tunnel freely.

    You dont really care about getting hit by DS when not tunneling (make it reactive when someone else Is hooked) it's the fact that you want to get someone out 2 minutes into the match. I cant feel much sympathy for you then.

    Also saying just some get caught holds the same value as "git gud." Just dont get gen rushed would be the equivalent but I would get swarmed by killer mains which is understandable because thats not how that works.

    20 seconds of pressure is still better than nothing you have a brea thing room that's 2 people off gens assuming you are chasing one is that not good enough for you?

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548326#Comment_1548326

    Do you by any chance know which versions of what addons they were running? because Ive seen some fast shock therapys with stacking the purple and green Discipline but I still recuperated before the next one landed, albeit with barely enough time to vault, however that could again be him making mistakes, Im not saying it's not a powerful power, I just disagreed that it was mindless.

    Sorry, debating speculation and crying its definitly more meaningful.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548326#Comment_1548326

    Do you by any chance know which versions of what addons they were running? because Ive seen some fast shock therapys with stacking the purple and green Discipline but I still recuperated before the next one landed, albeit with barely enough time to vault, however that could again be him making mistakes, Im not saying it's not a powerful power, I just disagreed that it was mindless.

    I forget I'll ask my friend he was a doctor main and told me after the game and I'll get backed to you. He quite literally spammed his shock there were no well timed shocks to stop loops just spam.

  • @KillScreen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548348#Comment_1548348

    Sorry, debating speculation and crying its definitly more meaningful.

    No one is crying simply a discussion of balance and the trend of the past to killers. Even a baby could see this worrisome pattern.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547840#Comment_1547840

    My 1v1 mentality is what makes matches interesting for both me and the killer. They get the thrill of the hunt and I get the thrill of being chased. But if you would rather m1 a gen for like 80 seconds be my guess. To each their own.

    And here I thought people begging to get morid by Myers were a bit weird...

  • We go through this every time a new killer is released.


    Chill.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548182#Comment_1548182

    I dont doubt you play both sides you just tend to favor killers way more in discussion.

    well I do

    Untitled Image

    I geuss i just don't mind doing other thing then chases.

    Untitled Image

    I don't mean to sound like i favor one side because i don't.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547705#Comment_1547705

    Thats a hard question but you seem reasonable I'd like to discuss this with you more. But currently as it stands if younger swf you will nerf solo which is worse than killer.

    The best course of action would be to buff solo and then buff killers accordingly.

    I have no idea why people keep saying buff solo to swf and buff killer accordingly it wouldn't work and killers couldn't win if you made bond and kindred basekit and map wide and everyone becomes the obsession(so people know who is in a chase) what buff can you even give the killer

    106353140_1418726004985897_4886125375956363446_n.jpg


  • New killer is trash ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • So about that no counterplay...

  • New killers sucks the biggest d.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    New killer is trash ๐Ÿ˜‚

    The new killer may be trash, but his perks are good tbh

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548329#Comment_1548329

    That's not what I said you want to delete someone in the game before they can even get points. So in other words you want tunnel freely.

    You dont really care about getting hit by DS when not tunneling (make it reactive when someone else Is hooked) it's the fact that you want to get someone out 2 minutes into the match. I cant feel much sympathy for you then.

    Also saying just some get caught holds the same value as "git gud." Just dont get gen rushed would be the equivalent but I would get swarmed by killer mains which is understandable because thats not how that works.

    20 seconds of pressure is still better than nothing you have a brea thing room that's 2 people off gens assuming you are chasing one is that not good enough for you?

    If they are easy to catch yes, I'll remove them. If you think DS only protects survivors vs hard tunnelers then you're delusional. I don't see survivors getting punished for real by some killer perk for ending games in 5 min before killers gets any points.

    I want to be able to punish mistakes, if survivor manages to run into me 1 min after getting unhooked I'm not tunneling him but he still gets to DS me. Same when I multi hook survivors and then one of them runs with his active DS to make a save, both survivors now have DS and I have wait or leave both beiing horrible options.

    I need to really cut these off. Starting long debates over things that aren't even main focus of the discussion is so pointless.

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548511#Comment_1548511

    The new killer may be trash, but his perks are good tbh

    that the only good thing and survivors perk are trash i feel but the survivor looks ok lol.

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548511#Comment_1548511

    The new killer may be trash, but his perks are good tbh

    Yeah true, looking forward to running devour, ruin, toth and undying. Undying makes retribution obsolete

  • That's nice you play both sides but during discussion you truly sound like you dont care much about survivor.

  • Well doesn't everyone favour one side more? It doesnt stop you from seeing others points of view and having discussion.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548612#Comment_1548612

    Yeah true, looking forward to running devour, ruin, toth and undying. Undying makes retribution obsolete

    i'd say run retri instead of toth. sure, toth reduces the speed and gives more bloodpoints, but i think U and retri together have the bigger combo potential

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548371#Comment_1548371

    If they are easy to catch yes, I'll remove them. If you think DS only protects survivors vs hard tunnelers then you're delusional. I don't see survivors getting punished for real by some killer perk for ending games in 5 min before killers gets any points.

    I want to be able to punish mistakes, if survivor manages to run into me 1 min after getting unhooked I'm not tunneling him but he still gets to DS me. Same when I multi hook survivors and then one of them runs with his active DS to make a save, both survivors now have DS and I have wait or leave both beiing horrible options.

    I need to really cut these off. Starting long debates over things that aren't even main focus of the discussion is so pointless.

    I never said it only protects survivors vs hard tunneled. I just said you yourself want to tunnel freely so your complaints about DS are hard to sympathize with you. I dont condone gen rushing. I dont even like gens stop with the whataboutism. That isnt even what the argument is is about so stop the strawman.

    I told you if you never hooked a survivor and the previous runs into you duringntjose 60 seconds and you pick him up you deserve your DS. Also the multi hook situation just deactivate it when anothers are hooked.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547639#Comment_1547639

    I said go away because he is killer biased how many times do I have to say he does not view things from a survivor point only killers. It hinders him from viewing things objectively. I rather someone who doesnt look at both sides when discussing balance leave my discussion if you find anything wrong with that I find that weird.

    I can respect that you play both sides and try to look at things objectively but that isnt the issue I'm having here.

    I never wanted anybody to prove their experience never said it nor implied it I simply asked to show me the cojnterplay in a custom lobby and if you cant you invalidate your argument. Nothing more nothing less.

    Funny enough the 1v1 in this 1v4 game is the most interactive part of the game. Its you vs the killer attempting to survive and buy your team time. When you have killer that makes the best part of the game unfun and you barely have a chance to even do anything because of their flawed power it's a turn off.

    You fail to see that as like you said you are more killer favored thus you look at things as "well as long as a 4 man team can beat this killer its fair." Doing gens is boring when I cant even have a chase that's meaningful or fun I rather get off the game.

    I'm ok with you favoring one side over another it's when you dont look at the other side. You like I said before make me seem like a child throwing a tantrum over losing in a video game when I'm looking for balance.

    See, that's the problem. If you push people away who's opinions you don't like, you're left with an echo chamber. So what if somebody favors one side of the other? By that logic, killers that have issue with DS shouldn't listen to survivor sided reasons for it's existence. If that's the case, how do you compromise? How can you 'view things objectively' if you push others of differing opinion away? How can you have a discussion if all that's left are people that parrot what you think?

    You imply wanting people to prove their experience when you spam '1v1 me' to anybody saying the killers of your choice 'have no counterplay.' That shouldn't be the case. I may have greater skill than you. Would that make my point more relevant than yours? You might stomp me. Should that validate your point? Or can you just watch the thousands of hours of streams, mix with your own experience, and come to a conclusion? You don't 'need' to 1v1 somebody, especially in a game that isn't made for 1v1.

    I agree the chase is the best part. Deathslinge rand PHead are great anti loopers, and deny part of that chase potential. But then, when matches fly in just a few minutes, that's needed. My guess, both killers are answers to long time complains for gen rushing. Part of gen rushing comes from great loopers that can waste an enormous amount of time at a loop. Personally, I thought they were a breath of fresh air. Well, PHead, that is. I still pick Huntress over Deathslinger.

    So what if I favor killer more? My view, or anybody that favors a side, shouldn't be taken any less objectively. If I said you appeared survivor sided, should anything you say be thrown out and regarded as moot?

    If you want a debate, and that appears to be the case, with you posting on an open forum, you need to have both sides in on it. You're never going to find a purely objective player, because everybody has tastes. That doesn't negate validity to arguments simply because one side enjoys the other more.

    -----

    Now, have you seen the new killer? He's hot garbage, from my view. His perks, though. . . mmm. Those look tasty.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1549163#Comment_1549163

    Well doesn't everyone favour one side more? It doesnt stop you from seeing others points of view and having discussion.

    I favor survivor side more but I do definitely want some buffs to help killer. But you shouldn't be ignoring one sides problems because you favor a side more.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1549171#Comment_1549171

    I favor survivor side more but I do definitely want some buffs to help killer. But you shouldn't be ignoring one sides problems because you favor a side more.

    Where were one side's problems ignored, both sides need lots of change imo, utterly useless perks plague both sides for one.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1548612#Comment_1548612

    Yeah true, looking forward to running devour, ruin, toth and undying. Undying makes retribution obsolete

    Why you ge trailed you are a pretty cool guy.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547534#Comment_1547534

    If you cant prove the counterplay you claim it invalidates your arguement.

    If you have to beg for a 1v1 then it invalidates your argument, the counterplay is to avoid getting hit by the spear by using cover and strafing

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547677#Comment_1547677

    See, that's the problem. If you push people away who's opinions you don't like, you're left with an echo chamber. So what if somebody favors one side of the other? By that logic, killers that have issue with DS shouldn't listen to survivor sided reasons for it's existence. If that's the case, how do you compromise? How can you 'view things objectively' if you push others of differing opinion away? How can you have a discussion if all that's left are people that parrot what you think?

    You imply wanting people to prove their experience when you spam '1v1 me' to anybody saying the killers of your choice 'have no counterplay.' That shouldn't be the case. I may have greater skill than you. Would that make my point more relevant than yours? You might stomp me. Should that validate your point? Or can you just watch the thousands of hours of streams, mix with your own experience, and come to a conclusion? You don't 'need' to 1v1 somebody, especially in a game that isn't made for 1v1.

    I agree the chase is the best part. Deathslinge rand PHead are great anti loopers, and deny part of that chase potential. But then, when matches fly in just a few minutes, that's needed. My guess, both killers are answers to long time complains for gen rushing. Part of gen rushing comes from great loopers that can waste an enormous amount of time at a loop. Personally, I thought they were a breath of fresh air. Well, PHead, that is. I still pick Huntress over Deathslinger.

    So what if I favor killer more? My view, or anybody that favors a side, shouldn't be taken any less objectively. If I said you appeared survivor sided, should anything you say be thrown out and regarded as moot?

    If you want a debate, and that appears to be the case, with you posting on an open forum, you need to have both sides in on it. You're never going to find a purely objective player, because everybody has tastes. That doesn't negate validity to arguments simply because one side enjoys the other more.

    -----

    Now, have you seen the new killer? He's hot garbage, from my view. His perks, though. . . mmm. Those look tasty.

    I dont know how many times I have to tell you before you understand he does not look at things from a survivors pov and says things like "oh you want easy killers to loop." I'm on with you favoring one side but you need to be able to see opposing pov to properly have a discussion. He doesnt do that well so I rather not discuss with him.

    Once again if you can claim x but can not prove it what gives any of your claims validity? I could care less if they were good or bad but all I get is slinger has counterplay so I say ok let's do a 1v1 chase and show me it. Why cant you show me it? You have dodged my question of wanting to play a custom so you can show me. And regarding the experience of players ok so if you are less experience why are you making such a bold claims it boggles my mind. Yeah i dont need to 1v1 anybody but if you fully believe your claim be able to back it up. Once again the 1v1 is the most interesting part but that's next.

    PH, Deathslinger have disgustingly oppressive anti loop it requires very little to no skill to preform such anti loop. This causes survivor players to feel cheated. Yes good loopers waste time and make you lose gen pressure but they are good why should they be hindered by a flawed designed killer? Why is the killer chasing a good player? That's a mistake they made they deserve to lose. You thought it was breath of fresh air because you play killer, killers aren't having a problem with slinger.

    Back to this if I wanna debate with someone they better look at both side and understand each problem. I dont mind if you gavor killer that is fine. But when you say something like "you want easy killers" or "you just wanna camp." You argument becomes instantly invalid if you dont look at both pics.

    The new killer needs work to make him better like more controller when rushing and methal rushing. The perks seem really good. Gonna have to see how they play out before they do nerfs or buffs.

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1547589#Comment_1547589

    If you have to beg for a 1v1 then it invalidates your argument, the counterplay is to avoid getting hit by the spear by using cover and strafing

    I'm not "begging" I'm simply saying if you cant prove the counterplay in a 1v1 wha tf makes your claim that the killer has counterplay true? If you cant prove your claim dont make it.

  • @OllieHellhunter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1549238#Comment_1549238

    Where were one side's problems ignored, both sides need lots of change imo, utterly useless perks plague both sides for one.

    I've seen hisnposts he typically doesn't look at the survivors problems and brushes them off as just wanting easy killers. Yes I do agree meta wont change with bad perks that oldont compare.

  • I called someone a fart huffer ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1549262#Comment_1549262

    I called someone a fart huffer ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Yo I remember seeing that comment which post was it on?

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1549494#Comment_1549494

    Yo I remember seeing that comment which post was it on?

    It got deleted, one of the gazillion "pc is better than console" threads

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1549513#Comment_1549513

    It got deleted, one of the gazillion "pc is better than console" threads

    Yup now I remember even though I've been clapping pc players on xbox. They really got nothing on us console guys. Take a look

    Azame San playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition. View more Xbox clips at GameClips.io


  • @azame said:

    As it stands right now we got Deathslinger, PH the last to killers have no counterplay. The devs are most likely gonna do the same for the upcoming killer and genrushing will become even more prevalent.

    The devs wont focus on survivor when they make the killers and it's obvious. They really need to make a better designed killer like oni, new bubba,billy huntress, nurse. They got to stop only thinking of one side. The game is becoming stale and very uninteresting.

    New Killer is revealed now. Take a look for yourself. It is The Blight, aka the Alchemist. His new perks are crazy boye. He himself is counterable, but I fear that, much like Bubba, people will take his perks and leave him in the dust.

  • @azame said:

    As it stands right now we got Deathslinger, PH the last to killers have no counterplay. The devs are most likely gonna do the same for the upcoming killer and genrushing will become even more prevalent.

    The devs wont focus on survivor when they make the killers and it's obvious. They really need to make a better designed killer like oni, new bubba,billy huntress, nurse. They got to stop only thinking of one side. The game is becoming stale and very uninteresting.

    So I checked in on the forums today because of the rush of activity from a new killer. I checked the new perks, survivors got a meh, a situational and a a strong perk. The new killers perks sound extremely bonkers to me. I think the new hex perk is kind of overhyped as a hex build type thing and also soul guard exists. The other two perks seem kind of strong. And of course, with every new strong addition to killer or every new weak addition to survivors, people come to the forums to complain about both the weak survivor perks and strkng killer perks.

  • As a killer main, I don't how strong his power is yet but his add-ons seem insane.

  • @LittilAvindar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/183275/new-killer-wont-have-counterplay

    So I checked in on the forums today because of the rush of activity from a new killer. I checked the new perks, survivors got a meh, a situational and a a strong perk. The new killers perks sound extremely bonkers to me. I think the new hex perk is kind of overhyped as a hex build type thing and also soul guard exists. The other two perks seem kind of strong. And of course, with every new strong addition to killer or every new weak addition to survivors, people come to the forums to complain about both the weak survivor perks and strkng killer perks.

    Which new hex perk do you think is overhyped, he's got two.

  • New Killer is revealed to be The Blight. He is now testable (along with his survivor counterpart), and his perks are crazy boye. He himself is pretty easily counterable, because he's difficult to maneuver about with his ability, but I imagine that, much like Leatherface, people will get him solely for his perks, and never use him. I mean, his perks are CRAZY.

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    As a killer main, I don't how strong his power is yet but his add-ons seem insane.

    Trying him out his power is pretty fun to use but the collision seems a bit wonky. He seems pretty fun to go against too, so thats an upside.

  • @LittilAvindar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/183275/new-killer-wont-have-counterplay

    So I checked in on the forums today because of the rush of activity from a new killer. I checked the new perks, survivors got a meh, a situational and a a strong perk. The new killers perks sound extremely bonkers to me. I think the new hex perk is kind of overhyped as a hex build type thing and also soul guard exists. The other two perks seem kind of strong. And of course, with every new strong addition to killer or every new weak addition to survivors, people come to the forums to complain about both the weak survivor perks and strkng killer perks.

    I made this before he was revealed the killer seems weak but I'll just wait until he gets played and tested.

  • He hasn't even been out for one day chill tf out.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    He hasn't even been out for one day chill tf out.

    This was made before he came out

  • Yeah, can you see why complaining about something you know nothing about might be a bad idea?

  • And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how you start a 6-page argument for nothing.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1549970#Comment_1549970

    Yeah, can you see why complaining about something you know nothing about might be a bad idea?

    I was never complaining it was pure speculation based off of their last 2 killers.

  • yea but new killer not like PH or GS look like we should worry about his new perk then the killer him self.

  • @LittilAvindar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/183275/new-killer-wont-have-counterplay

    So I checked in on the forums today because of the rush of activity from a new killer. I checked the new perks, survivors got a meh, a situational and a a strong perk. The new killers perks sound extremely bonkers to me. I think the new hex perk is kind of overhyped as a hex build type thing and also soul guard exists. The other two perks seem kind of strong. And of course, with every new strong addition to killer or every new weak addition to survivors, people come to the forums to complain about both the weak survivor perks and strkng killer perks.

    well that one will make NOED more broken then survivor think they have to take out all totems.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    Either this or he'll be incredibly loopable with an unnecessary cooldown to his power that doesn't help him with map presence or chase power.

    You called it.