Man for people thinking Freddy is bad
He sure does see a ton of play at rank 1.
He sure does see a ton of play at rank 1.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I wouldn't consider true a top player, he just plays a lot. I watch him all the time and he makes a TON of mistakes.
While that's true he's also usually used as an example by some of the same ppl when he agrees with them. There's countless others out there with rank 1 Freddy video but I'm not going to post them all. But the people I responded to knew the proof was there, they just thought they'd troll me into silence.
I have 1000 hours, reached rank 1 with Freddy. Then I almost exclusively played survivor for 2 months. Yesterday I played Freddy against youtubers and they smashed me like a bug. 3 gens poped simultaneously. While I was getting looped.
Everyone can have a bad game.
It seems that occasional Youtube HIGHLIGHT is a proof for some peoples lul.
Yeah let's take one of the occasional good Freddy match of this 5000 hours streamer.
What's funny is that when a player tries to say Freddy is fine, it's only because they versed crappy survivors since getting to rank 1 as survivor is just as easy as drawing a turkey with your hand and thus get a false representation of his balance which leads to them all of a sudden thinking Freddy is fine.
He is bare bones killer with power that helps in detecting survivors and slows survivors down(in terms of gen progression) a tiny bit.
Other then that he is just short and... that's it.
I like to play him at rank 1 but main problem is that if he goes against rank 1 pro looper team on one of the bad maps he is #########. He can't do anything.
tbh that's with any killer except a pro nurse. hes fun to play tho.
Well at least you're honest now about it, some don't like that style of play which is where you get a lot of this killer is garbage stuff from. While others have the patience to play the long game and play saya Freddy or Trapper etc. To each his or her own but to say x killer is garbage because they don't fit your play style is wrong.
The Freddy's that I've gone up against at rank 1 and gotten destroyed by are the patient ones and those that play him to his fullest. The ones I've seen get destroyed try and play him like a regular killer which doesn't work. The Nurse/Billy are meant to pressure non stop while say Hag and Trapper or more about map control. I personally prefer Trapper, Pig is a of of fun and Myers grows on you.
I'm more of the stalker style and not the charge in full bore type when playing killer the same for survivor, being sneaky and devious is my style.
One person? Nah. Need actual hard data. You're the one who always wants statistically relevant data, so it's time for you to present data in an amount that you see as valid. That person is a single data point. Is a single data point enough for an extrapolation?
Yep typical response from you, keep moving the goal posts and you conveniently yet again ignore all the threads where people posted rank 1 Freddy. That includes all the ones you and the other people asking for proof posted in.
Oh look that's 3.
Well that's 4 and that doesn't count all the ones on the forum who posted proof.
That's 5, but hey keep changing the goalposts.
@powerbats Are we honestly discussing about how OP Freddy is?
He IS the weakest killer we have. Yes, people can play good with him on rank 1. I achieved it myself. BUT that doesn´t mean that he´s strong. That just means that there are to many noob players on rank 1.
Freddy needs some love and now that the devs are reworking him, survivors claim that he´s OP? Like the last time? Where they nerfed him after 1 week. Haven´t they done enough damage? Do you guys really enjoy facing Nurse only on high ranks?
I'm just trying to figure out how many data points is enough for you, so we can establish whether or not you've been dishonest in other threads. Is four enough?
Is 5 enough data points for one to extrapolate to the entire game?
No that wasn't the point I got asked to name 4 people who played him well at rank one and posted 5 then the response was well you need more. I've already acknowledged he's the weakest killer many times but now it's obvious the people in here are just rolling.
They got what they asked for and now that they got it it's the typical Red Herring from them, they've lost any and all credibility they had. We all know that if i search long enough I could find thousands of people videos of solid rank 1 Freddy play.
But then they'll just change their argument again just like a certain poster is doing now. He knows I got his proof and now he's asking for more and if I get it hell just troll more. I knew you were one on here who'd done as have others and the troll knew I had proof so he changed his argument.
So when you use Marth or Tru as examples to buttress your arguments you say they back up your claims. But when someone else does it it's oh they're just a popular streamer. If that doesn't work you say well that's only 2 people and they're not representative. So now we can assume you're like a snake oil salesman speaking out of both sides of your mouth at the same time.
We can also put you in the same category as a certain person that used the alternative facts claim to back up their argument. They're facts when you say it but not when someone else does.
Just to make a point, HybridPanda posted some Freddy games today and he got bodied 1 game, and then a 3k in both other games.
His first game was a mess, he used Class Photo with no blocks or paint brush to offset it AND he didn't even use it to find his obsession for RM tokens. Had he done that he could have easily got a few kills that game. He also continuously failed at loops, didn't hug walls or optimize at all which you have to do as Freddy if you want to catch people that loop (or at least play proper mindgames, which he didn't do).
His next game he played smarter and used his CP to catch people, and he played BW really well so he got 3 kills. Had he just gone for Jake first near the gate at the end instead of Bill he could have downed Jake, then went back and got Bill, took Bill's hook first and still be able to grab Jake before he got out (plus the Kate that was down across the map). It would have been a 4k.
Last game he could have just slugged Meg for a bit to look for Claud. He had the game on lock down, 2 gens left with DL and only 2 survivors. They would play super immersed and just let the other die, so you need to drag it out. Could have still been a 3k, but he could have 4k'd. He also totally could have played the basement part way better by not downing the Meg. He almost could have lost too because he kept trying to go around the loop, but he had paint brush which makes you Hag slow. But his TR is tiny, that's how he snuck up on them so much, if he played THAT mindgame he could have had Dwight dead at 4 gens left easy.
So we have 3 games where he potentially could have 4k'd if he either 1> used a better build (his 3rd game was the strongest of the 3 which is why I keep saying Freddy is better at gen lockdown and not an end game), 2> made better decisions (chase non-obsession half the game when you can see everyone and you have RM?!?), and 3> just flat out played better and optimized. If I can point to the exact things he did wrong you can't exactly say it's the killer. Is Freddy a HARD killer to play? Yes. Is he a WEAK killer to play? Eh... depends on some things. I won't deny he has some major drawbacks, but he has potential to be crazy powerful too.
If panda had BW3 he'd have probably out played them all.
People aren't willing to put in time to practice so when they do go and play their one off matches with these killers it's obviously the survivors being toxic or lame game mechanics that stops them from pipping.
Yea not having BW3 really hurt him. Funny how he uses it all the time but doesn't have it tier 3 on the killer whose perk it is. LOL
Well - I probably wouldn't use points on a killer if I disliked them as much as panda dislikes freddy.
@ZombieGenesis
Yeah, seeing the potential incoming Freddy's buff, they know proceeded to lobby against it.
Insiduously trying to make him look good in the mind of peoples, by spamming this kind of non-sense.
"Freddy rule at Rank 1 and is perfectly viable"
It's even a meme, and these sad individuals are bringing it as a fact, like some serious argument.
I only feel loath for those peoples, they're the reason why this game is doomed.
@ZombieGenesis
Personally i imagine them this way :
You are surprised that after they review bombed Freddy on release + disconnected on him = instant nerf. That now they use any scummy tactic, since they know it works?
OP also has a really toxic opinion towards Nurse players (not nurses, but nurse players).
I'm asking you a question to figure out what you consider enough data points. You'd know that if you'd bothered to read all my replies to you. For the record, though, I've only ever mentioned marth's experiment. I can't be bothered to watch streamers, but his experiment was put "on paper" for all to see.
Guess we need to start lobbying about how Nurse is ######### on high ranks...
Statistically nurse is both the best and worst killer. She has the lowest kill rate on low ranks. That clearly means she needs a buff.
Of course! When low rank survivors got rekt by Freddy, they nerfed him, so... Devs, you would not like to be a hypocrites, am I right?
He has to overcome his own limitations, much in the way a low tier character who lacks certain important tools to be considered competitively viable. If the player is skilled, theu can find ways to circumvent this to a degree, but against a competitively viable character played by a player of equal skill, he will have a much harder time than if he chose a better character.
cough cough M1 killing machine
Id rather be a stealth kill and be patient waiting for the right time to strike but alas stealth killers dont utilise stealth all to well
I think he's really fun to play. I don't own him but I used an offering
Amanda is really fun to play like that and waiting until at least 1 gen is popped before putting a trap on is evil. Since right around the time you hook them that 2nd gen has popped. You'll usually get a 2 or even 3rd trap on by the time next 1 or 2 gens pop.
Even Myers is fun to play all sneaky with mirror and just stalk and terrorize that way. I've done trapper games where I just patrol a little bit with Distressing and place traps all over. I'll put some in completely abnormal spots and then go off in the distance and wait.
You'll have people slowing down and looking for traps non stop because they're scared of where the traps might be at. With Distressing and running around just out of sight like Doctor you terrorize them.
Geez, this thread is a mess.