When are we getting a legion rework?

I'm not gonna say whether legion is a strong or a weak killer. I'm just saying that legion's power doesn't require much skill. The only difference between a good and a bad legion is their M1 skills...which every other killer share (except maybe nurse).

Comments

  • Sadly they already got two reworks that both kinda failed so doubt we see another for a long time

  • @RizeAki said:

    Sadly they already got two reworks that both kinda failed so doubt we see another for a long time

    We'll probably get a huntress rework before we get legion's.

  • I disagree on the Legion skill level. I think he's got some hidden skill ceiling.

    I also don't think he needs a full rework. He can be fixed quite easily with some small tweaks.

  • @Zeus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1525395#Comment_1525395

    We'll probably get a huntress rework before we get legion's.

    Yeah it’s either huntress for mostly add ons or spirit for some counterplay

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1525411#Comment_1525411

    Also, correct me if I’m wrong, didn’t the devs say they were happy with how Legion is performing and the rate of success most players were having?

    They said looking at their statistics he neither overperforms nor underperforms and they are not wanting to rework them/don’t see the need for it.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I disagree on the Legion skill level. I think he's got some hidden skill ceiling.

    I also don't think he needs a full rework. He can be fixed quite easily with some small tweaks.

    I would disagree. He uses his power when he's close to a survivor and there's nothing that can stop him from getting the first hit. Predicting pallet drop isn't a skill exclusive to legion. I dont see any hidden skill ceiling to him. It's like the Devs saying that clown still has untapped potential.

    The difficult part about him is getting the down..as an M1 killer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1525411#Comment_1525411

    Also, correct me if I’m wrong, didn’t the devs say they were happy with how Legion is performing and the rate of success most players were having?

    Yes, by looking at their extremely accurate statistics they decided that Legion is in a good place right now. I cannot say whether or not Legion needs a change, but I certainly don't think that using the stats to determine things is very... Sensible.

  • Unfortunately for us, the devs think Legion is fine because most Survivors don’t understand what the W key is. So until that point, Legion is going to be stuck with a power that has an immensely underwhelming effect, always punishes him with a 4-second stun, is lost when hitting someone, and gives Survivors more say over whether or not he gets to actually use it than any other Killer.

  • @Zeus said:

    I'm not gonna say whether legion is a strong or a weak killer. I'm just saying that legion's power doesn't require much skill. The only difference between a good and a bad legion is their M1 skills...which every other killer share (except maybe nurse).

    Already got a rework and it was one of the best things to happen to the game

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1525411#Comment_1525411

    Also, correct me if I’m wrong, didn’t the devs say they were happy with how Legion is performing and the rate of success most players were having?

    Pretty much,yes

  • @Zeus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1525411#Comment_1525411

    I would disagree. He uses his power when he's close to a survivor and there's nothing that can stop him from getting the first hit. Predicting pallet drop isn't a skill exclusive to legion. I dont see any hidden skill ceiling to him. It's like the Devs saying that clown still has untapped potential.

    The difficult part about him is getting the down..as an M1 killer.

    "He uses his power when he's close to a survivor and there's nothing that can stop him from getting the first hit."

    I disagree. Also, you already made a mistake if he got that close in the first place.

    "It's like the Devs saying that clown still has untapped potential."

    Except this was him implying Clown was good and didn't need changes, which is not what I'm saying or implying.

    "The difficult part about him is getting the down..as an M1 killer."

    Yes, that is the difficult part, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have other skill ceiling besides just knowing how to play an M1 killer.

    There's a skill level for knowing when to use his FF for spread pressure or breaking for the m1. There's also body blocking with the fatigue, faking the FF spread pressure for a return, using the FF speed to redirect the survivor into bad pathing, determining when to force Mends to prevent saves and force the healthy survivor off a gen. There's a lot more to him than you're seeing.

    As I said before, I'm not saying he's strong or even good. I think he's one of the weakest killers in the game and needs quite a few changes to fix him. I'm just saying there's more skill ceiling on him than you're giving him credit for.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1525411#Comment_1525411

    Also, correct me if I’m wrong, didn’t the devs say they were happy with how Legion is performing and the rate of success most players were having?

    In a round about way that is kind of what they said indirectly. How I would interpret what they said anyway, which is sad to hear.

    Especially with how flawed those stats are to being near useless in terms of balance.

  • @Zeus said:

    I'm not gonna say whether legion is a strong or a weak killer. I'm just saying that legion's power doesn't require much skill. The only difference between a good and a bad legion is their M1 skills...which every other killer share (except maybe nurse).

    Two things. Firstly, Legion's power is a lot more about when and how you use it than if you landed it. That's not a problem though. Trapper's traps are the same way and I don't see anyone asking for a rework to him to make him more "skillful". Second, there's actually a decent amount of different strategies you can potentially go for with Legion's power once you commit to a down to try to mitigate that 4 second self stun.

    In short, other than Legion's 2 deep wound add ons that don't fit their current power and M1 and picking up draining their power... Legion doesn't really need a rework.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I disagree on the Legion skill level. I think he's got some hidden skill ceiling.

    I also don't think he needs a full rework. He can be fixed quite easily with some small tweaks.

    "hidden skill ceiling"

    Also legion: m1 killer

  • When the point just flies right over your head.

  • Dude being able to hit a survivor, whilst removing ALL counterplay from the survivors takes some INSANE skill, stop it.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/180959/when-are-we-getting-a-legion-rework

    Already got a rework and it was one of the best things to happen to the game

    Wrong, he still needs to be removed from dbd.

  • I personally don't understand why Legion's FF has to completely replenish on a failed strike. No other Killer's ability works that way, and neither should his. Can you imagine how infuriating it would be if that happened with the Oni or Ghostface?

  • LMAO you right. No lie detected

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1525499#Comment_1525499

    "He uses his power when he's close to a survivor and there's nothing that can stop him from getting the first hit."

    I disagree. Also, you already made a mistake if he got that close in the first place.

    "It's like the Devs saying that clown still has untapped potential."

    Except this was him implying Clown was good and didn't need changes, which is not what I'm saying or implying.

    "The difficult part about him is getting the down..as an M1 killer."

    Yes, that is the difficult part, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have other skill ceiling besides just knowing how to play an M1 killer.

    There's a skill level for knowing when to use his FF for spread pressure or breaking for the m1. There's also body blocking with the fatigue, faking the FF spread pressure for a return, using the FF speed to redirect the survivor into bad pathing, determining when to force Mends to prevent saves and force the healthy survivor off a gen. There's a lot more to him than you're seeing.

    As I said before, I'm not saying he's strong or even good. I think he's one of the weakest killers in the game and needs quite a few changes to fix him. I'm just saying there's more skill ceiling on him than you're giving him credit for.

    Body blocking with frenzy and fatigue is not as strong as you think it is.

    It relies on the survivors themselves messing up

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/180959/when-are-we-getting-a-legion-rework

    Already got a rework and it was one of the best things to happen to the game

    The state he is in now isn't really good either, it just isn't good for the person playing Legion. He was never good to begin with, he was just broken. The Devs rightly got rid of what made him broken, but never actually fixed what made him a low-tier Killer. Despite this, the majority of Legion's changes since March of 2019 have been net nerfs, with a few buffs (such as vaulting speed increase and the pin add-ons being fixed.)

    That being said, Legion is in a poor state. The restrictions on his power would lead you to believe that it is a Nurse-level power and is super good. It isn't. For simply using your power, you will eat a 4 second stun where you cannot see much of anything and slow down to Nurse speed. For hitting a Survivor with a basic attack, you will lose half of your power. For a miss while using your power, you will eat a 4 second stun.

    Many reworks have been proposed, and I am sure BHVR has seen and considered the merits of most of them. For whatever reason, they have decided Legion is okay where he is, despite him being absolutely miserable to play. However, there is not much I can do to change their minds, so I will have to be content until they fix the majority of his add-ons, which are either completely broken or useless.

  • @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1525522#Comment_1525522

    Body blocking with frenzy and fatigue is not as strong as you think it is.

    It relies on the survivors themselves messing up

    I never once said it was strong.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    I personally don't understand why Legion's FF has to completely replenish on a failed strike. No other Killer's ability works that way, and neither should his. Can you imagine how infuriating it would be if that happened with the Oni or Ghostface?

    Actually it works like that for both Leatherface AND Ghostface.

    Ghostface even needs to fully replenish even if the strike was successful.

  • Not disagree with your other points I think you're up points are pretty valid.

    Just at the body blocking aspect of it tends to only work if the surviving question is it really using their brain.

    Most legions will get as close as possible to the survivor before cancelling out their power to body block you usually have to try to get a head of the survivors.

    Most good survivors will notice you trying to get ahead of them and simply divert their direction because feral frenzy is timer based you usually don't have the luxury of readjusting if you make the body block commitment.

    Now with the heavy punishment of a 4 seconds stun it gives the survivor more enough time to divert themselves into a safer position.

    Using cooldown add-ons to lower the fatigue can you help with body blocking but it still doesn't make it all that great against people who can notice what you're doing

  • @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1526964#Comment_1526964

    Not disagree with your other points I think you're up points are pretty valid.

    Just at the body blocking aspect of it tends to only work if the surviving question is it really using their brain.

    Most legions will get as close as possible to the survivor before cancelling out their power to body block you usually have to try to get a head of the survivors.

    Most good survivors will notice you trying to get ahead of them and simply divert their direction because feral frenzy is timer based you usually don't have the luxury of readjusting if you make the body block commitment.

    Now with the heavy punishment of a 4 seconds stun it gives the survivor more enough time to divert themselves into a safer position.

    Using cooldown add-ons to lower the fatigue can you help with body blocking but it still doesn't make it all that great against people who can notice what you're doing

    I'm not saying it isn't weak, has lots of drawbacks and lots of counter play. All I am saying is there is an additional skill cap to it. Knowing how to fake like you're going to FF spread pressure and then double back and force their direction.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1525849#Comment_1525849

    Actually it works like that for both Leatherface AND Ghostface.

    Ghostface even needs to fully replenish even if the strike was successful.

    I'm simply referencing a missed swipe. With Ghostface you don't have to worry about a marked survivor no longer being marked if you miss an attack, and with Leatherface now having been reworked, the three stacks for his chainsaw prevents any needless excess swiping. If the survivor managed to get a good distance from you, you can now end the attack early.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1526997#Comment_1526997

    I'm simply referencing a missed swipe. With Ghostface you don't have to worry about a marked survivor no longer being marked if you miss an attack, and with Leatherface now having been reworked, the three stacks for his chainsaw prevents any needless excess swiping. If the survivor managed to get a good distance from you, you can now end the attack early.

    Ghostfaces power goes on cooldown when he misses a swipe.

    The mark is the effect of the power and not the power itself. So the appropriate equivalence for Legion would be the deep wound status effect he applies.

    Legion does not cleanse deep wounds when he misses his frenzy attack. He just becomes unable to continue applying deep wounds for 20 seconds.

    And likewise, Ghostface does not cleanse make when he misses a stealth attack. He just becomes unable to continue applying marks for 30 seconds.

    See? The interactions are identical though obviously the payoffs are different.

    Now leatherface is a bit different since his power doesn't do individual swips but rather does an continuous rampage.

    Ending the rampage early is hardly equivalent to missing an attack, Legion can also end his Frenzy early after all and they both share a cooldown mechanic for doing so.

    However he DOES have an equivalent with the tantrum mechanic. And if he hits a non-Survivor he gets a 5+ second stun AND loses all of his charges requiring a 12 second recharge time.

  • I'm kinda bored of then working on Leigon now, time to pick the ones that havnt really had anything changes.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1525514#Comment_1525514

    The state he is in now isn't really good either, it just isn't good for the person playing Legion. He was never good to begin with, he was just broken. The Devs rightly got rid of what made him broken, but never actually fixed what made him a low-tier Killer. Despite this, the majority of Legion's changes since March of 2019 have been net nerfs, with a few buffs (such as vaulting speed increase and the pin add-ons being fixed.)

    That being said, Legion is in a poor state. The restrictions on his power would lead you to believe that it is a Nurse-level power and is super good. It isn't. For simply using your power, you will eat a 4 second stun where you cannot see much of anything and slow down to Nurse speed. For hitting a Survivor with a basic attack, you will lose half of your power. For a miss while using your power, you will eat a 4 second stun.

    Many reworks have been proposed, and I am sure BHVR has seen and considered the merits of most of them. For whatever reason, they have decided Legion is okay where he is, despite him being absolutely miserable to play. However, there is not much I can do to change their minds, so I will have to be content until they fix the majority of his add-ons, which are either completely broken or useless.

    Trust me, I'm fully aware of what state he is in on most people's tier list.

    My whole point is Legion is annoying af and they can go to hell and I don't want to go against a killer who is both annoying AND strong. Freddy already fills that criteria and I hate him. Legion needs to stay exactly as is for my sanity

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1526610#Comment_1526610

    Trust me, I'm fully aware of what state he is in on most people's tier list.

    My whole point is Legion is annoying af and they can go to hell and I don't want to go against a killer who is both annoying AND strong. Freddy already fills that criteria and I hate him. Legion needs to stay exactly as is for my sanity

    Or, here me out, they change him so that he isn't annoying to play as or against. That way both sides are happy.