When are the DS/ SC nerfs coming?
The devs mentioned something about it. Go see Tyde tymes video on it. Anyone know when it will be here?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
DS is supposed to come next mid chapter patch (i.e. ~7 weeks).
Apparently SC was dropped after the game got review bombed last patch, devs are too scared now sadly
Former is correct latter is the usual innuendo without facts. Since review bomb was done by both sides and a good portion of bad reviews had nothing to do with the patch itself. there wa also a ton of bad reviews from both sides from people who were playing for free and had less than an hour played.
As I said "apparently".
Fact is that the devs stated during a stream that they do not plan to change SC anymore and that stream was after the review bomb happened, everybody can make his own conclusions now
While you can make assumptions they might've decided to shelve it until after they get the ds done right. Since if they do both at the same time they'll please neither sides extremists. I personally don't have an issue with either enrf myself and in fact welcome them.
The same was true for the exhaustion nerfs and the changes to some of the pallet/looping spots.
What was SC?
Self Care
SC - SILLY COSTUMERS.
So they're changing self care?
Would also making health kits more important. Right now its just a toss in item when I don't have anything better to take. I wish they'd change too - the addons are really stupid. "Adds X more charges!" Big woop, who most matches I never get to use it enough for it to matter.
May also make Empathy (a perk I personally love) more important so that the healer can find people.
As I think about this, I think its a really good idea - and I typically play Survivor.
The game needs more variety. I think the ease of unlocking "teachable perks" and creating all the same survivor with optimized load outs really dulled it down. The characters on their own were kind of balanced and served specific roles. If they had worked with that to make each character as unique as each killer, it'd be really cool (which I think is what they're trying to do with death garden).
So make claudette the healer type, but give her some better stealth and finding skills, since she wouldn't be your main "gen runner". Make one of the characters the distraction master, dodging and out running the killer. Etc. Then... probably don't let more than one character in a match at a time.
Self Care didn't need a nerf imo, so I'm glad they dropped it.
Going to use Sloppy butcher on hag and doctor ^^.My games will be so long
SC is getting indirectly nerfed when the healing time is increased.
I hope they do change up how Decisive Strike works. I feel downright scummy using it. A good idea on paper, but now a perk that can be abused often in this current build. I'd like to use all perks in my perk builds without feeling like I'm doing something seriously wrong.
I see DS as a crutch perk for beginners. If you get caught by the killer a lot, then go ahead and run this perk until you learn how to effectively evade and lose the killer. If you use No Mither, you can use DS if you want since you can't take more than one hit.
So he need proofs and data to back up what he said, while you don't need to and can spew as much non-sense as you want.
"I saw the review bombs, it was as much killer than survivors, i saw it !"
And me, i saw exclusively the usual survivors stereotype (the majority) doing it, with their usual childish language and attitude.
See ? Easy.
At least i can say i saw all form of trolling during my life lul.
You post the same stuff in response every time yet the proof is on the steam review page for all to see. He made an assumption so now you're claiming it's facts when I said nothing of the sort. But if you want to prove me wrong since you brought up facts post some. Oh and not your usual made up ones either.
@powerbats
Because you keep posting the same stuffs too.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/reviews/
There we go, as you said peoples will make their opinions.
Opinions yes but saying something is fact or basically insinuating that it's fact is when I call them out. If you go look at the post i'd made in 1 of the review bomb threads way back when. I'd actually broken down the stats a good deal on the negative reviews done.
I'll eventually get around to finishing it since some were about dedicated servers and fixing the report system. Which we can all agree are needed along with dc issues and such.
There was a bunch from PS4 users review bombing it because of no connection. (That was due to Sony giving free DBD to all PS4 users that went pro/plus.) So a lot of reviews that were negative had in fact nothing to do with the patch nor were they survivors review bombing the game.
There was also a bunch from people PS4 users that played for less than an hour or sometimes only 1 match and complained about how op killers were. Although people do that here too but it's more measured.
Once I finally stop being lazy and go back and do a total review of the data I'll post it. When I went and did the 1st run I read every negative comment which is why i had such a good breakdown of the complaints. Well at least for the bunch that I did.
If they take away instaheals from survivors do they take away moris from killers? or are we biased?
I recomend you do your research before stating your feeling on the games balance. They nerfed collision radius of trappers traps on updates and are adding buffering to the traps so a friend disarming the trap makes it passable. Because as we all know trapper needs to be nerfed right? (sarcasm).
The dev team is finally plugging up some of the timesink areas so you dont get looped all day around the storehouse. But apprently you think thats unfairly killer sided right? I have no words for survivours like yourself who makes these kinda comments and dont even pay attention to the details. Unlike survivour every perks change has a massive impact on the effectiveness of a killer. For instance the tinkerer change dramtically reduced the effectiveness of the huntress as preping jatcjets around wjndows requires significantly more time.
MOris have already been taken away, you need to hook before you can mori now, its only skiping one hook phase nowadays
If they take away instaheals from survivors do they take away moris from killers? or are we biased?> @Master said:
Whats your point?
Moris have already received a considerable nerf, insta heals not
But yeah, im the one being biased
What was the originally proposed change that caused the survivors to post bad reviews?
I’m really curious what change would cause that reaction. I wouldn’t mind the ability getting a nerf myself, I never use it really. Maybe make it so that each time you do it, it takes a second longer? Something should change about it.
SC-Salty Claudette
>
Spoiler alert, making sweeping generalizations that have no basis in fact make you look foolish and as bad as those you say are wrong. Most survivors want an actual challenge and a game based upon evading the killer. We graduated elementary school (most of us if this forum is any indication that is) a long time ago. So no most survivors don't want a game of ring around the rosie.
2k 4ks bare in mind to pip a killer need on average two kills. This is the victory conditions of a killer. It should be the average.
My point is there are a lot of nerfs and buffs to both sides and you stating an opinion based off of feelings is propagating untruths. Stealth players got calm spirit buffs which straight up negate an aspect of the doctors power may I remind you.
I have debunked every point you have stated and you still think killers are too powerful. It took me around 6 months to get my killer to a good standard, survivour took less then a month to get good with. It looks to me that the survivours role is lacking in mechanical depth.
As a Killer main, I have to admit that the only remedy to that is git gud. LOL
The game is 1v4. The 1 should be way more powerful than the survivors individually. The balance should be made by taking into consideration the survivors that play together and are cooperative. .I play survivor alone because I don't have any friends that play DbD, but I always try to look for other survivors so I can tag team a gen.
Also, game favors survivors in loops, instant heals and crutch perks, so you should stop complaining that it is one sided. Killer is SO BROKEN right now that survivors teabag you till the end of time at the gate if you don't kick them out, and you should learn how to juke a Killer. Many maps are horrible for the killers, like Pale Rose. It's awful.
Step up your game, bro.