Lets say "ENOUGH TO THE SWF"
We are tired of seeing how unfair it is to play in this way without consent.
IF YOU ARE AGREE WITH ME, just skip the lobby when 4 o 3 people come together (swf)
we can make the devs change this, swf NO MORE IN RANKS...just in casual.
Comments
The game would die without SWF. I don't like dealing with obvious voice comms as killer myself, but I'd rather still have a game to play. What's more, I solo queue as survivor 95% or the time and see people dodge for no reason. Not a single flashlight or P3 Claudette in sight. I'm assuming they think the same as you, that it's a SWF group, but outside of the high ranks that's just wrong. I regularly pop in at the same time as everybody else because, I assume anyway, that's just how the queue works.
Even if they are stupid good at the game, and coordinated, it's still good practice. So go git gud and stop jumping to conclusions about every match.
The Devs are never going to change this. SWF was great from a business standpoint and the game would suFFer heavily without it.
Either balance SWF or give me a casual mode. Ive said that multiple times and I will dodge 4 men almsot any time, except when I am in lower ranks and in the mood. I will decide about 3 men on the go, 2 men are fine for me
If enough killers dodge, then the devs will listen to the crying SWF players that cant find killers to play anymore.
Its the same situation that happened during the last killer strike, the devs reacted to that and if enough killers start dodging.... we will see
Sadly you have no SWF indication, so if you wanna dodge SWF, you can only assume SWFs by the timeframe they join into your lobby. That might hit a few solo survivors too, but better safe then sorry?
And the faster the queue time is for killer, the easier he can filter out the SWFs
This has already been debunked, the player base has gotten bigger and with region lock removed the devs got ahead of it. In some regions before region lock removal the killers vastly outnumbered survivors and had super long wait times. In there areas it was different so both sides did what will happen now, swap to the other side for faster lobby times.
I would dodge, but then i'd never get to play.
It's an accepted plague by now.
Sure. Good luck with that.
If you only dodge large SWF, you should find a game in no time
For you maybe.
Not for me.
We don't have a Casual mode yet and you really think devs will do something to their most precious feature ?
This SWF threads should stop, they won't touch SWF if they want their game to continue 'breathing'
Right?
They already pissed their pants from getting feedback when only TALKING about nerfing Self Care.
They'll need at least 27 more pairs of balls to just talk about nerfing SWF.
I mean, people coming in at the same time does not make them swf. So you might as well dodge everyone and never play a game.
Yes but thats the only indicator for SWF we got.
Better safe than sorry
@azazer
If there's still a killer left to play this mess.
This only : "Once all games are like playing SWF, then they will balance killers around it"
Oh yay, can't wait...
And nothing assure us that they will buff the killers after that.
Even if they do it, how much time the one left will have to endure all their lobby with the strenght of an SWF, but still without the tools to face them.
Yeah, no, i'll be out of this long before getting to that point.
I do think showing survivors who are together as together should be a thing. Its helpful even for the other survivor party members. They can have them holding hands.
If killers are vehemently anti-SWF, then at least it would give them actual information for their lobby dodging behaviors, rather than just dodging willi-nilli when they see people arrive together. On busy nights I see this happen all the time, and they're not all SWF.
Agreed, maybe showing SWF players having a glow to them? When I play Pokemon GO with friends, they show up with a glow to indicate I am friends with them and therefore receive a benefit from being friends with them. Maybe DBD could have something similar?
On the flip side, have it where finishing a game doesn't break up the SWF lobby, where once a game is finished, the SWF group can just move on to the next match without having to pair up every time.
We need several game modes. A Casual mode with more forgiving rules, a ranked mode which has stricter rules and a hardcore mode.
Yes. The only interest I have in Ranked is the achievements ONLY. Reaching Rank 1 as survivor is going to be difficult at my skill level, and a nightmare to reach Rank 1 as a killer.
Sounds pretty damn reasonable.
Different game modes is probably purely dependent on the player base going up. No one will be happy if they chose ranked play and can't find anyone to play with. They could do improve this by putting in "estimate game finding times" like Overwatch has (had?), that way you can chose to play in the more populated modes.
Its probably also a matter of time and money. Hopefully the new DLC gives them a good income injection. I got the base game free on PS+, but I've still thrown some money at them for DLC because I'm having fun, but I obviously have no idea how many other PS+ players have done the same. (Or if they get any money for being a PS+ game)
Ranked play is disgusting. Dead by Daylight is clearly meant to be a casual party game so the inclusion of ranked play is unnecessary and aggravating. However, I understand that some individuals like the concept of competitive play and that there needs to be skill-based matchmaking. So what the developers need to do is add in either an unranked casual mode or add in a die-hard competitive mode that rewards ranking up and makes ranking up challenging. I get that we have "Kill Your Friends" mode for casual, however, it's not what we're looking for.
My advice to the devs for the future is to give players a history. Then, after tracking their info, match them with similar players. For example, things to track on survivors would be # of Safe Hook Rescues / # Unsafe Hook Rescues, # of generators repaired, # of Hexes Broken, # of allies healed/ protected, etc. They could track how many times a killer was stunned or how many kills they have gotten, how many hooks, moris, sacrifices, pallets broken, etc. Then just make an algorithm to find players of equal numbers and put them together. So that in the end, a bunch of noobs who die a lot and can't do gens will be matched with fellow noobs and a killer that has a low kill ratio. Meanwhile, players that escape a lot and fix lots of generators will be matched with more dangerous killers. Your thoughts?
I just dodge if it's clearly a 3+ SWF, that's when the game starts to get ridiculous as killer. If it's two separate SWFs of two players, it's less coordinated and I'm okay with it.
Point is, you're avoiding a game, with no actual proof it'll be terrible, to send a message that actually says nothing.
I can understand how comms might upset you but as someone who plays killer I've murdered my fair share of swf and it makes no difference. It's like survivors who D/C on being downed, why do it? Play a game, practice, treat each match as something to work with and gain from.
Or don't, and nothing changes. Survivors will just move on and you'll eventually move on and nothing will happen. It's a protest in stagnation.
I only play survivor solo and often get into matches where everyone is dropped in at the same time. Most of the time only 2 people are SWF meaning 4 people joining up isn't an instant SWF group.
People need to simply stop complaining about SWF. Yes its unbalanced on higher ranks and yes the Devs are aware of this but no one has a solution that will balance the game for both sides. Lets just play the game, things won't change simply because we keep shouting about it. Be patient.
I personally think they shouldn't allow the killer to see the survivors at all when they load into a lobby. It will stop all the dodging, and it's not like the survivors get to see the killer, or what add-ons they are using before the match starts to plan accordingly. You bet your ass when I see 4 Claudettes all wearing the same costume I'm going to put on whispers or nurse's calling or something to help track them down.
But I get it, swf is super powerful with them all talking, telling each other where the killer is at all times, so they know when it's safe to do gens, or when someone's going for the save. But it isn't going to get nerfed, not being able to play with friends honestly sucks. Depending on randoms is ridiculously frustrating. Gens don't get done, everyone goes for the save at the same time, or no one does thinking someone else will do it. Randos will quit as soon as they get knocked down once, or sandbag you by pulling you off the hook when the killer is 5 foot away. It can be incredibly frustrating.
What I don't like however, is the idea of ranks, you want to try out a new killer you obviously don't have any perks or add-ons but they force you to go against a full squad of survivors who are decked out with sprint burst, self-care, DS etc. Of course you are going to have trouble, and it deters you from trying new killers. Likewise trying out new survivors to me feels a bit intimidating because they usually have terrible perks, and trying to get their adept trophies for just using their exclusive perks is also a bit annoying when playing at low ranks.
I do think a more casual mode, or a non ranked mode should be added, and that for the ranked mode they should maybe see about rewarding low ranks with blood points or Iridescent shards depending on where you ended up at?
The without consent part is actually a very good point, it's not like the killer has a choice.
I think there should be a casual mode WITHOUT ranks, for several reasons, one being if people want to play casually and not having to put in a lot effort and energy into a trial, either because they don't want to or because they don't have the energy to do so. How people are being match maked is also a reason why there should be a casual mode, as this mixes casual players and competive players, both survivors and killers alike, which is unreasonable for those players who're playing competively, as they will be putting in the extra effort and their teammates won't be, and it will affect the outcome of the trial. Likewise, it's also unreasonable as the killer if you just want to play casually, that you're more likely to be facing defeat because you're being match maked with players who're going to be playing competively. Additionally, it really could use that feature for people who want to practive the game without losing rank. There are more reasons, but these are some of the more important reasons. Kill your friends does not count as a casual, as you're not being match maked with random people.
With regards to the SWF, I think they should make the available for killers if they want to accept SWF groups or not, though obviously this will have a huge impact on available matches for SWF groups, but in all fairness it should be this way, as it's not reasonable that killers are facing groups of players that aren't supposed to have that level of communication, it's not designed that way. Which obviously also brings up the part with other non-swf groups not having this option to communicate directly with each other.
This one is priceless, and sadly so true.
I might have a solution for that. It´s a longer read tho.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/17043/game-changes#latest
The problems you describe is what this game was designed for. People should doubt and make mistakes. That´s why killers are so reactive. They depend on the mistakes survivors make. If there is a voice chat and everything is coordinated, than the gens will be finished faster, which leads to a gen rush since there is nothing else to do.
Also, the killer should be able to prepare for the match. Since its a 4 vs 1! If the killer doesn´t know what´s awaiting him, then i guarantee you, he will dc the moment he encounters several flashlights or hook sabos.
Whats worse, lobby dodging or dc mid match?
Since I mostly play solo survivor, I experienced horrible matches with swf's too ! They sometimes deliberately get you killed or farm you on the hook if they don't let you die alone and unloved to begin with. Obviously it's not all the swf's that do that, but enough that I sometimes dodge them as a survivor too, especially if they have troll sounding names or write weird stuff in lobby chat.
Guess the only thing left to do is KKSF, the gamemode where several killers get their revenge on SWFs - Killers Kill Surviving Friends.