NOED is frowned upon but the DS and unbreakable combo is okay

I'm going to state that in my opinion NOED is a bad perk. If you're using NOED, you're basically using three perks for the entire game. A perk slot which could be used for a perk to help you to try and prevent the gens from being done.

If you do down someone with NOED the survivors are less likely to try to go for the rescue and just leave if they're already near the exit gates, meaning you lose the potential to snowball when the survivor team go for the rescue.

Plus, it creates bad habits for new killers.

NOED is frowned upon within the community, due to how a killer can do nothing for the whole match but can get more kills then they arguable deserved.

However, the community don't have the same view on the DS and unbreakable combo. A survivor with DS and unbreakable can get unhooked and immediately begin working on a generator.

If a killer goes to the gen to interrupt the progression there isn't much the killer can do. They either take the DS stun (Which can cost the killer the game at higher tier game play), or they leave the survivor slugged and the survivor can get up with unbreakable and finish the generator.

If an unhooked survivor is working on a generator and the killer goes to that generator and downs that survivor, that isn't tunneling. The killer isn't going to ignore a survivor and allow them to complete a generator just because they just got unhooked.

NOED is negatively viewed as it rewards the killer for failing to prevent the gens from being done. In that sense, DS and unbreakable combo rewards the survivor for getting hooked and then getting downed, with 60 seconds of invincibility.

Comment your opinions.

Comments

  • Because this game is ruled by survivors. The sooner you accept it, the better, that is if you want to keep playing.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    It is frowned upon, but there are 4 times as many survivors as there are killers if we go off a basic match.

    NoED is just badly designed. DS and UB are fine on their own.

    no one uses them on they own.

  • Oh another one of these posts

  • In my opinion you should just be able to use any perk you want without being "shamed". Yes so may be annoying to go against but it's just a game and the perks are the for you to use, so use them to your hearts content. I was honestly extremely disappointed in one of my favourite Youtubers using the phrase 'small pp' build for unbreakable, ds. It's childish and pathetic. We have enough toxicity in this community already we don't have to add shaming to that. I think if you feel it ok to tell someone they can't or can use such a perk your just an ass. Personally I don't use unbreakable cuz it's unreliable but if someone else does I'm not gonna message them and have a pop at them for using those perks no matter how annoying it is. Every match won't go your way. Just accept that. I do however think there is some changes to be made with ds, if they made it a little more of an anti tunneling perk then just a free min then it would be more balanced but again this isn't the player's fault it's the devs, you want someone to blame look to them.

  • I hate unbreakable simply because the only time I could get to use it is the match I finally replace it with something else because of never getting to make use of it.

  • @teamdehn said:

    Its part of the game. Players looking down on it are cry babies hoping they can shame a person from using full potential.

    I know this is an extreme, but hear me out:

    If there was a perk combo that let you shoot the killer dead, would people be crybabies if they complained?

    It's not crybaby to not like meta.

  • Ds and unbreakable are frowned upon too. You're just trying to start unnecessary arguments.

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    I'm going to state that in my opinion NOED is a bad perk. If you're using NOED, you're basically using three perks for the entire game. A perk slot which could be used for a perk to help you to try and prevent the gens from being done.

    If you do down someone with NOED the survivors are less likely to try to go for the rescue and just leave if they're already near the exit gates, meaning you lose the potential to snowball when the survivor team go for the rescue.

    Plus, it creates bad habits for new killers.

    NOED is frowned upon within the community, due to how a killer can do nothing for the whole match but can get more kills then they arguable deserved.

    However, the community don't have the same view on the DS and unbreakable combo. A survivor with DS and unbreakable can get unhooked and immediately begin working on a generator.

    If a killer goes to the gen to interrupt the progression there isn't much the killer can do. They either take the DS stun (Which can cost the killer the game at higher tier game play), or they leave the survivor slugged and the survivor can get up with unbreakable and finish the generator.

    If an unhooked survivor is working on a generator and the killer goes to that generator and downs that survivor, that isn't tunneling. The killer isn't going to ignore a survivor and allow them to complete a generator just because they just got unhooked.

    NOED is negatively viewed as it rewards the killer for failing to prevent the gens from being done. In that sense, DS and unbreakable combo rewards the survivor for getting hooked and then getting downed, with 60 seconds of invincibility.

    Comment your opinions.

    I am now rank 8 but when I was 19 I was going against purple and red swf I'd kill one by the time they got all the gems done noed would pop is leave with a 4k I personally think all three perks are fine only because like I said I was white rank going against purple and red plus how fast gens pop it would be silly not to have an insta down

  • Breaking a totem takes 14 seconds and Ds take 1 minute and if you slug they can pick themselves up. In 1 minute, 2 people can be on a gen and 1 person can be on a gen, and the two can finish a gen and the one can be halfway done, and by the time you pick up that one player one gen can be done and and another person can be running to the other gen to finish it and the other player can do a trade off just for that player to eventually get off the hook, and for that player to do a gen in front of you or hide in a locker and you just have to wait or leave for that player to go to another gen or get up off the floor.

  • NOED is a normal perk, it has downsides:

    • playing with 3 perks for nearly the entire game
    • can be denied by doing totems
    • can be cleansed

    and it has advantages:

    • insta down + faster
    • can turn the game completely in rare cases.

    Survivors need to get used to it and play around it as Killers do with DS, Unbreakable, DH, Adrenaline...

    and IMO this happens already, most survivors learned from their past mistakes and just leave the trial if someone got downed with noed to not feed sacrifices to the killer.

    I don't use it, it just feels cheap, but i also don't use second chance perks as survivor most of the time.

  • All perks are okay to use. Don't let anyone tell you how you can or can not play the game.

  • You dont see the flaws in your own post, right? Biased to the bone.

  • You can literally counter DS/UB by proxy camping the area with the downed survivor

  • @chase131119 said:

    Everyone literally calls the DS and Unbreakable the "small pp build", I don't know where you have been.

    for SFW members i would accept it but for solo it's sometimes your best move ^^ (doesn't mean i run it, i rather run Windows of Opportunity and Spinechill)

  • @TheDFD said:

    I run both DS and unbreakable, as well as self care and deliverance, and the only perk out those 4 that I am guaranteed to be able to use in any given match is self care. A lot of killers know well enough to slug to avoid a DS, and even if i manage to get up with unbreakable, chances are the killera in the area for an almost instant down anyways, and deliverance is also useless if I'm first hooked or hooked without having made a safe hook rescue.

    It could be argued that me load is is 75% useless, its all dependent on the type of killer you get or how lucky you are, still don't plan on changing it.

    So I'd say NOED isn't a waste, its all dependent on the survivors play style, if my deliverance is activated and I havent been hooked yet, ill always go for the save regardless is NOED is on or not. If I get them off then downed, I can get myself off the hook and if I'm downed again, I have DS as a back up, which works a good amount of the time because killers seem to get more reckless when the end game collapse has been triggered.

    Just because a killer "might" be around to down you again after using unbreakble after being slugged from fear of DS doesn't mean it's not rediculously strong. Coordinated teams don't even need to use their unbreakable since you can 99% and get tapped by a teammate. having to proxy camp a slug since they have ds/unbreakble isn't a proper solution, as that is already making it to where they can't force at least 1 person off a gen to save you and chase a 3rd survivor. If you wait out the whole minute by the slug gens will just get pounded away since the other 3 survivors don't have anything to fear, but leave to pressure them off gens and unbreakable kicks in. You can't look at the combo ojbectively and say it's not crazy strong. The easy and simple solution is to nerf DS so that it is purely an "anti-tunnel" perk. If the survivor with ds starts progressing the game by working on a gen, or if the killer downs a different survivor, ds should immediately deactivate. And on the other hand, in a chase DS should never run out. ds/unbreakble is pure annoyance because it has no counterplay, much how survivors hate spirit and deathslinger since there is also no counterplay. if there changing ds to have counterplay they also gotta do something abt those killers too, at least give survivors a tell that spirit is actually using their power and maybe have her husk look at her like activated hag traps look at survivors.

    TL;DR smoll pp combo is insanely annoying due to having no counterplay but killers like spirit also have no counterplay, changes should be made to both to make skill a more contributing factor.

  • I don't like to use NOED. If I can prevent the gens from getting completed with the perks I have, then I just go with the flow and play my best. If the Survivors get all the gens done, then good on them for working together. I still have a chance to make a comeback, but I'm not relying on a perk like NOED to carry me.

1 2 ›