So Can I Get A Serious Response?

So what is gonna be done now about the last second swap on survivor

This is when at 6 seconds they swap from Dwight with no item to fully kitted Kate with a key

What is gonna be done about it are we to just lobby dodge every game?

Can we just please have halfway through lock survivors into what they currently are so if they do plan to do this the killer can properly prepare their kit

If not what is the point in having a timer just have the match start immediately or else myself and others will just lobby dodge which is fine cuz it takes what five seconds to que up?

Edit: There are a lot of people saying there shouldn’t be time to prepare for like say a key comes in to play but what is worse then that is if I have no time to prep so I just bring an ebony every game and use it that becomes no fun for anyone same as when someone last seconds into a key or four of the same item and I have no counter to that

Edit 2: Also colorblind settings what of those?

Comments

  • @Clevite said:

    Survivors are just skins, skill level is the same. Not so with killers and powers.

    Killers have been asking to be matched according their skill with different killers. And you're complaining when it happens. Smh...

    its not about the killer lock man. thats probably the best thing to come out of this recent set of updates, its about how this now exposes an issue with the lobby system where killers cant counter in time the items the survivors want to bring in.

    if your playing hag or wraith you probably want to bring in franklins if all 4 survivors bring flashlights, however if everyone on 6 seconds remaining pulls out a flashlight you cant make the change in time.

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496650#Comment_1496650

    its not about the killer lock man. thats probably the best thing to come out of this recent set of updates, its about how this now exposes an issue with the lobby system where killers cant counter in time the items the survivors want to bring in.

    if your playing hag or wraith you probably want to bring in franklins if all 4 survivors bring flashlights, however if everyone on 6 seconds remaining pulls out a flashlight you cant make the change in time.

    Some folks can’t understand the concept sadly

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496650#Comment_1496650

    Did you read? It’s not the survivor it’s the items and the fact they give killers the ability to see survivors and react but if they can have a survivor kitted out with ds bt dh adrenaline and a key and they only pick it at 6 seconds you can’t react

    You cant see their perks

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496650#Comment_1496650

    its not about the killer lock man. thats probably the best thing to come out of this recent set of updates, its about how this now exposes an issue with the lobby system where killers cant counter in time the items the survivors want to bring in.

    if your playing hag or wraith you probably want to bring in franklins if all 4 survivors bring flashlights, however if everyone on 6 seconds remaining pulls out a flashlight you cant make the change in time.

    I get it.

    But you would be playing survivors of equivalent skill so their item would be less of a factor.

  • I love how all the killer mains start complainig about not being able to switch killer last second, even though survivors also can't dodge mori/iri head/stridor spirit games without DCing

  • @WhyDecide said:

    I love how all the killer mains start complainig about not being able to switch killer last second, even though survivors also can't dodge mori/iri head/stridor spirit games without DCing

    The fact is killer is suppose to be able to prepare for these things if there is an exploit around it why even have the lobbies in the first place also you can lobby dodge mori

  • @WhyDecide said:

    I love how all the killer mains start complainig about not being able to switch killer last second, even though survivors also can't dodge mori/iri head/stridor spirit games without DCing

    Also none of it’s about the killer lock we love the idea we just think how is it fair survivor can still swap to 4 flashlights while I’m hag but I can’t have time to add franklins the alternative is we dodge your lobbies and 20 min que becomes 30 and so on cuz no one wants to play with that or we just bring an ebony in case you do swap to a key we are already prepared but if it ends up being just a single med kit it ruins the game for others now or they just lobby dodge themselves

  • These devs are so incompetent and ignorant when it comes to the balance and optimization aspects of the game, it’s infuriating. The only thing they’re good at is adding cosmetics and dlc’s.

  • I see your logic behind the complaint here, but I (as a killer main) honestly 9/10 times don't tailor my build to accommodate for the survivors and items I see in the lobby. I make my builds versatile for my playstyle, whatever the match is. The only studying I really do before the match starts is seeing what items they carry so I know how I may need to counterplay at the start, and to make sure that I don't have survivors that look the exact same as eachother that'll confuse me from tracking my obsession-focused perks.

  • Killers whining about being locked in is ridiculous. Survivors don't get to see the killer to prepare via that killers perks. Its a complete crap shoot for the survivor, especially solo surviviors.

  • How bout just be better prepared! Survivors can't even see who their up against! I play killer and don't care if they switch. Just play or don't!!!

  • just run franklins 4Head

  • @Strange_Main said:

    How bout just be better prepared! Survivors can't even see who their up against! I play killer and don't care if they switch. Just play or don't!!!

    "I'm a survivor main and don't care about killer fairness"

  • @Blue_Archer33 said:

    I see your logic behind the complaint here, but I (as a killer main) honestly 9/10 times don't tailor my build to accommodate for the survivors and items I see in the lobby. I make my builds versatile for my playstyle, whatever the match is. The only studying I really do before the match starts is seeing what items they carry so I know how I may need to counterplay at the start, and to make sure that I don't have survivors that look the exact same as eachother that'll confuse me from tracking my obsession-focused perks.

    Again this is for the fact if you have wraith with 4 flashlights at the last second when nobody was using items you wouldn’t think to run franklins or lightborn until it’s too late

  • @The_Krapper said:

    What they need is a penalty for lobby Dodgers, if you waste someone elses time you deserve your time wasted , if you want a easy game go play on mobile against the bots, these are real people with somewhat real brains on the main platforms and nobody should have to hide a intended playable item just to find a match after they spent blood points to get the said item

    Oh yeah, more ridiculous penalties is exactly what this game needs, health-wise. /s

    I'm a survivor main btw and I say no to this.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496038#Comment_1496038

    Exactly as you said, killer is given time to prepare for survivor's items. For example if killer hates going vs flashlights he can take franklin or lightborn. Same for keys, medkits whatever. If it's not a big deal then there's even less reason to allow last second switching.

    If it's not a big deal then it doesn't justify a strange inconvenience for survivors.

  • @RizeAki said:

    So what is gonna be done now about the last second swap on survivor

    This is when at 6 seconds they swap from Dwight with no item to fully kitted Kate with a key

    What is gonna be done about it are we to just lobby dodge every game?

    Can we just please have halfway through lock survivors into what they currently are so if they do plan to do this the killer can properly prepare their kit

    If not what is the point in having a timer just have the match start immediately or else myself and others will just lobby dodge which is fine cuz it takes what five seconds to que up?

    Edit: There are a lot of people saying there shouldn’t be time to prepare for like say a key comes in to play but what is worse then that is if I have no time to prep so I just bring an ebony every game and use it that becomes no fun for anyone same as when someone last seconds into a key or four of the same item and I have no counter to that

    Edit 2: Also colorblind settings what of those?

    Ok first let me ask this question are you bringing this up because of the killer lock in que or are you really serious about the last second key swaping?

  • @Suiv said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/177622/so-can-i-get-a-serious-response

    Ok first let me ask this question are you bringing this up because of the killer lock in que or are you really serious about the last second key swaping?

    I have said many times I am fan of the killer lock as this means with mmr I can actually learn billy and nurse without going against sweat squads my issue is that killers have the lobby to see survivors and react based on items I’m fine with the fact if they have say a bunch of medkits I can’t swap to plague but what I don’t like is not knowing I need franklins or maybe a Mori until it’s too late and all I can do is close app or know I am most likely getting 3 manned out hatch and isn’t it better to dodge 4 flashlights when you see them as hag or bring franklins rather then close app?

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1503852#Comment_1503852

    I have said many times I am fan of the killer lock as this means with mmr I can actually learn billy and nurse without going against sweat squads my issue is that killers have the lobby to see survivors and react based on items I’m fine with the fact if they have say a bunch of medkits I can’t swap to plague but what I don’t like is not knowing I need franklins or maybe a Mori until it’s too late and all I can do is close app or know I am most likely getting 3 manned out hatch and isn’t it better to dodge 4 flashlights when you see them as hag or bring franklins rather then close app?

    Flashlights are simple to dodge for the most part just look at wall when picking up survivor or pressure them away then turn your back and pick them up. As for keys that is another issue in general keys need reworked in some way or another.

  • @Suiv said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1504140#Comment_1504140

    Flashlights are simple to dodge for the most part just look at wall when picking up survivor or pressure them away then turn your back and pick them up. As for keys that is another issue in general keys need reworked in some way or another.

    A hag trap can’t look at a wall if you have 4 flashlights as hag you are a 4.4m killer with no power

  • @jrosedaily1966 said:

    Killers whining about being locked in is ridiculous. Survivors don't get to see the killer to prepare via that killers perks. Its a complete crap shoot for the survivor, especially solo surviviors.

    @Strange_Main said:

    How bout just be better prepared! Survivors can't even see who their up against! I play killer and don't care if they switch. Just play or don't!!!

    Responses like these are so weird. You realize it's 4v1, right? That's the nature of the game. How can you 'fairly' set up, even when you see the survivors, when they can just switch at the last second to something you aren't prepared for?

  • @RizeAki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1504361#Comment_1504361

    A hag trap can’t look at a wall if you have 4 flashlights as hag you are a 4.4m killer with no power

    You act like the survivors just know that they are going against a hag so they quick swap to flashlights.

  • According to @Almo, survivors get a free pass on that. Only killers need to be locked in since survivors are all one of the same. That's the answer I got, at least, when I asked why survivors aren't locked in as well. Developer confirmed that last-second switches are A-Okay.

    image.png


  • I don't know if people are being suppressed on these forums about talking about this but I'm going to do it anyways. There is an exploit that allows survivors to see who the killer is going to be while within the matchmaking lobby. This is a well known exploit amongst those who use the official discord and i'm sure many other places. The lobby now allows survivors to prepare a hell of a lot more than it does for a killer.


    My belief is that instead of putting survivors and the killer in a lobby, once queued, players see a change to the status indicator at the bottom of the screen to read 'creating trial' while awaiting the killer or more survivors. Then just throw survivors and killer to the loading screen when it's ready, removing the match making lobby entirely. This way nobody can ######### any longer about the killers bringing mori's when swf is apparent or survivors swapping to flashlight builds when hag is present... just to name a few.


    If you wish to change characters, perks, items & addons ALL players need to do so before queuing up. If there is a logistical reason why this cannot be done can a developer please chime in here?

  • I don't even bother with the lobby anymore

    I just alt tab and watch youtube untill the match start

    I don't have to think about last second switches if i don't see it. Sure i lose the tactical advantage of seeing what the survivors bring but seeing them try to sneak their item in always puts me in a sour mood.

    More of the poor sportmanship rather then me not being able to prepare

  • @bm33 said:

    I think they should just lock everything in as you search for game. Skip the lobby and showing offerings. Make it an actual surprise when everyone loads into the map. No more last minute switches or dodging, just play the game.

    ^^^^^ this exactly. Nobody should have any info before the match starts. Killers keep complaining and I hope this is what they do to “fix” it. As a survivor I can’t be like “oh it’s a ghostface let me put on spine chill” or “oh it’s a Billy let me switch to my vault build”. Killers shouldn’t be the only ones to have the option to “prepare” beforehand. I’m all for locking survivors in too but let me see what killer I’m going against then so I can adjust my build accordingly as they can. Just seems only fair. That would be more balanced right? ######### that crap. I’d rather no one be able to see anything until match starts. Everyone goes in blind, that’s the way it should be.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1496108#Comment_1496108

    If it's not a big deal then it doesn't justify a strange inconvenience for survivors.

     Yet inconvenience for killers is fine. Even when they're supposed to have this information, it would be inconvenience for survivors to give it so let's not change anything and ignore intended design.

  • LOL I had a SWF team do this once. They all had nothing and switched at 6 sec to three flashlights and one key 😃

1 2 ›