So... The new Leather face is...

BROKEN. Let me repeat that slowly so you catch that, Brooo-ooooo-keee-eeen.

The new Leatherface can now:

  • Pallet loop without fear or effort with 3 full charges and even catch the looper on the first loop if they dont drop the pallet. So there is no real looping against leatherface now.
  • Leatherface can easily chase down anyone in open field while way behind and still catch the survivor by the end of the third charge of the chainsaw. You are pretty much dead if nowhere near a pallet or window, don't even try to spin dodge or do any fancy moves, leatherface got fuel in the chainsaw to still hit you even after many misses.
  • LeatherFace's infinite hook face camp zero chance rescue is still very much present.
  • Leatherface can chainsaw his way from basement all the way out of the shack and even to the other side of the outer window of the shack with 3 full charges, so good luck getting out of the basement even if you raid it with 3 other survivors. Again, leatherface got fuel to down the whole team in one go.
  • Leatherface can strike a borrowed time survivor with the chainsaw and catch them with the same sweep, rendering borrow time completely useless against this killer.

LeatherFace has rised from low tier to top tier in a single patch and he far outperforms any other killer in the game now, period. I am a main Leatherface player, I have played this killer the most out of all and still continue to do so. Despite being absolutely broken and having extremely fun playing him in this broken state, laughing how easy it is to down survivors now, even I can't put up with this disgust with a straight face and hope it to stay untouched.

Is this the change we wanted for him? I have to seriously put effort to lose a game on purpose when playing him now. Don't get me wrong, it's freaking fun to play the new Leatherface, I think the new reworked power is a step to the right direction in his design, but it's absolutely op, especially with addons.

I love that I no longer can accidently end my chainsaw charge prematurely in 99%, that was the best change about him. I also love that I can extend my sweep time if needed, no longer having to be 100% skin contact distance from the survivor in order to hope to down them with the chainsaw. It was something that made playing Leatherface a big chore as many could simply outrun him to a window or pallet,thus restarting the whole chase to 100% skin contact all over again. It was a big waste of time, so glad to see there is now new power to extend the sweep time when needed. However, the amount of time the leatherface can sweep is just redicilous, not to mention how fast he goes while sweeping.

Comments

  • @Sunbreaker7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1486290#Comment_1486290

    Yes, exactly on point. It is because I am a Leatherface main that I know to say when my character has been pumped full of steroids to a point where I no longer need to do any heavy lifting trying to win. I get 4k way too easily with the new Leatherface, using tactics that were never before possible and are way too unfair against survivors.

    Yes, it is a valid point to make that people are not yet used to the new LeatherFace, but these are not the type of problems that will go away once the people know how to play against him, he can not be outran in most cases compared to other killers.

    So u don't want 4ks then. I love him and I might main him now. I main huntress and trapper currently but leatherface could be a third main for me now

  • You can absolutely loop him. Drop the pallet. That's literally all you have to do. He can't hug corners during the saw. Loop a jungle gym like normal and drop the pallet on the saw wind up.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1486442#Comment_1486442

    You can easily ask yourself the same question about the survivors you were playing against.

    Were they good survivors that actually knew how to loop and tried some different things against you or were you playing against the Rank 20 survivors that make up the majority of Red rank?

    I would say he is fine now.People just need some time to figure out the counterplay.

    Yes, I can honestly say that the players I come across are no beginners but pros.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    I dont wanna judge completely because I havent been able to test him enough yet but this wouldnt surprise me at all. Ever since the company became afraid of the loudest voices on the forums everything they put out now is basically about killers or things on the killer side that take no skill and offer zero counterplay.

    The part about Bubba being able to make it out of the basement and render borrowed time useless is what worried me the most. Looking at his chainsaw I felt this may happen.

    We all know in DBD if the killer has an ability to camp thats how it will be used so yeah good job to the developers on making basement Bubba builds meta

    DS Unbreakable exists.

  • @douggie123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1486420#Comment_1486420

    So u don't want 4ks then. I love him and I might main him now. I main huntress and trapper currently but leatherface could be a third main for me now

    No need to put words in my mouth, I never said I don't want 4ks. I don't want super easy 4ks that do not require much skill but just playing an op character that puts survivors in great disadvantage. I am happy to hear you love him, so do I and I highly encourage you to main him, there is no such thing as too many bubbas even when we are generally hated by the survivors due to bubba camp culture.

  • @Sunbreaker7 said:

    BROKEN. Let me repeat that slowly so you catch that, Brooo-ooooo-keee-eeen.

    The new Leatherface can now:

    • Pallet loop without fear or effort with 3 full charges and even catch the looper on the first loop if they dont drop the pallet. So there is no real looping against leatherface now.
    • Leatherface can easily chase down anyone in open field while way behind and still catch the survivor by the end of the third charge of the chainsaw. You are pretty much dead if nowhere near a pallet or window, don't even try to spin dodge or do any fancy moves, leatherface got fuel in the chainsaw to still hit you even after many misses.
    • LeatherFace's infinite hook face camp zero chance rescue is still very much present.
    • Leatherface can chainsaw his way from basement all the way out of the shack and even to the other side of the outer window of the shack with 3 full charges, so good luck getting out of the basement even if you raid it with 3 other survivors. Again, leatherface got fuel to down the whole team in one go.
    • Leatherface can strike a borrowed time survivor with the chainsaw and catch them with the same sweep, rendering borrow time completely useless against this killer.

    LeatherFace has rised from low tier to top tier in a single patch and he far outperforms any other killer in the game now, period. I am a main Leatherface player, I have played this killer the most out of all and still continue to do so. Despite being absolutely broken and having extremely fun playing him in this broken state, laughing how easy it is to down survivors now, even I can't put up with this disgust with a straight face and hope it to stay untouched.

    Is this the change we wanted for him? I have to seriously put effort to lose a game on purpose when playing him now. Don't get me wrong, it's freaking fun to play the new Leatherface, I think the new reworked power is a step to the right direction in his design, but it's absolutely op, especially with addons.

    I love that I no longer can accidently end my chainsaw charge prematurely in 99%, that was the best change about him. I also love that I can extend my sweep time if needed, no longer having to be 100% skin contact distance from the survivor in order to hope to down them with the chainsaw. It was something that made playing Leatherface a big chore as many could simply outrun him to a window or pallet,thus restarting the whole chase to 100% skin contact all over again. It was a big waste of time, so glad to see there is now new power to extend the sweep time when needed. However, the amount of time the leatherface can sweep is just redicilous, not to mention how fast he goes while sweeping.

    I Played 15 games today, 13 were against leatherface (he destroyed my team in all of them). He is way too broken now, good he got a buff but now he needs a nerf

  • @vogit10102 said:

    Thx for the post. That's the problem with this forum full of biased killers, they wanted easy 4k every game with clown and without perks and addons (because they're so difficult to gain).

    This forum is actually survivor sided. It's full of survivor main asking for killer nerf

  • He's only been on live for like a day, let's wait until people on both sides adjust to him first.

  • Time to mass hook suicide against Bubbas to send out a message

  • Haha chainsaw go brrrrrrrrrrrrr

  • Translation: "this killer can't be looped for 5 gens anymore please nerf!"

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Translation: "this killer can't be looped for 5 gens anymore please nerf!"

    Not really, but one or two loop would be decent to ask, don't you agree?

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Translation: "this killer can't be looped for 5 gens anymore please nerf!"

    Translation. I wanted 4k 100 games in a row without perks and addons

  • He punishes you for being outpositioned like he was designed..difference is..he can actually get people in the open without speed increases lol..

  • I went against him and a Meg and Claudette who were trying to get me killed too and escaped. XD

  • Now that I have got a pretty decent amount of time playing the new LeatherFace, I have come to appreciate his ability to mind-game with the chainsaw by changing direction and actually having the fuel in chainsaw to sweep all the way to the other side from unexpected direction. It has given him a whole new possibility to mind-game around walls and window corners.

    However, my original statement has not changed anywhere. I still feel like a God playing him, and with each match, I have only grown more and more powerful being able to abuse his unchecked power to a point where games end before they even started pretty much almost every single game now. I'm having fun, but I don't think the survivors are...

  • @mottigedel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1491392#Comment_1491392

    hey, what are his best addons? also while you're at it, what are good perks to use?

    I like to run (As a troll build because I now can): Iron Grasp, Mad Grit, Agitation, Enduring.

    Once you get someone down, that's when the fun begins. You just run around searching for survivors while holding one on your shoulder, usually someone will come along trying to rescue by taking a hit, but they don't know you run mad grit so you get extra time to the struggle and get a free hit + hook. Heck, sometimes you can manage to down a survivor by hitting them twice as they try to continue to waste your time, not realizing how fast you are.

    This build also let's you choose where you want to hook people, so pretty often you get to hook people all the way to the basement and force a basement stand-off. This does not mean you should camp the basement, just position the survivors to more favorable situation where they are not working on gens as much but rather try to sneak their way in basement despite you are not even there. This often buys one time to do a complete gen patrol to have better understanding what gens are being worked on.

    As for real perks if I am not trolling: Knock out, Enduring, Infectious fright, and Pop goes the weasel.

    I used to run BBQ instead of knock out or infectious fright depending on my mood, but the new auras are so horrible that I can barely see anyone with it.

    Knock out buys you time when downing survivors, so you can go save a gen real quick if you know one is about to be finished (without fearing someone will come and rescue the downed survivor as they don't know where he is, usually). Infectious fright helps you know whether you can pick someone up savely when they are downed on a pallet path. Of course, it also gives you valuable info how many people are around. Pop and enduring is pretty self explanatory I think...

  • Not OP.

    Bubba's power can only help him while in a chase and it has 0 utility. So he can't just be merely good in a chase, he has to be amazing in a chase.

    Huntress is another example of a Killer like this. And like new Leatherface her chase potential is insane.

    But this is fine, because he's a dedicated chasing Killer. Getting around loops quickly for fast downs is his strength, and there wouldn't be much point in playing him if he couldn't do that, especially when billy exists.

  • I've been playing him since the moment the patch came out and I've been having pretty balanced games with him. Windows are his absolute weakness and if you can time a pallet throw so it falls on him instead of in front he won't destroy it. He's pretty much balanced from what I've been experiencing so I really don't see your issue

  • @vogit10102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1489508#Comment_1489508

    Translation. I wanted 4k 100 games in a row without perks and addons

    In case you haven't noticed. Rework Bubba is like a new killer and as with any new killer people have to learn the killer's limitations. I've already seen good loopers that destroyed the new Bubba fairly effortlessly. Even Umbra who plays 99.99% killer only looped a new Bubba all game and caused a 4 man escape yesterday.

  • @Sunbreaker7 said:

    BROKEN. Let me repeat that slowly so you catch that, Brooo-ooooo-keee-eeen.

    The new Leatherface can now:

    • Pallet loop without fear or effort with 3 full charges and even catch the looper on the first loop if they dont drop the pallet. So there is no real looping against leatherface now.
    • Leatherface can easily chase down anyone in open field while way behind and still catch the survivor by the end of the third charge of the chainsaw. You are pretty much dead if nowhere near a pallet or window, don't even try to spin dodge or do any fancy moves, leatherface got fuel in the chainsaw to still hit you even after many misses.
    • LeatherFace's infinite hook face camp zero chance rescue is still very much present.
    • Leatherface can chainsaw his way from basement all the way out of the shack and even to the other side of the outer window of the shack with 3 full charges, so good luck getting out of the basement even if you raid it with 3 other survivors. Again, leatherface got fuel to down the whole team in one go.
    • Leatherface can strike a borrowed time survivor with the chainsaw and catch them with the same sweep, rendering borrow time completely useless against this killer.

    LeatherFace has rised from low tier to top tier in a single patch and he far outperforms any other killer in the game now, period. I am a main Leatherface player, I have played this killer the most out of all and still continue to do so. Despite being absolutely broken and having extremely fun playing him in this broken state, laughing how easy it is to down survivors now, even I can't put up with this disgust with a straight face and hope it to stay untouched.

    Is this the change we wanted for him? I have to seriously put effort to lose a game on purpose when playing him now. Don't get me wrong, it's freaking fun to play the new Leatherface, I think the new reworked power is a step to the right direction in his design, but it's absolutely op, especially with addons.

    I love that I no longer can accidently end my chainsaw charge prematurely in 99%, that was the best change about him. I also love that I can extend my sweep time if needed, no longer having to be 100% skin contact distance from the survivor in order to hope to down them with the chainsaw. It was something that made playing Leatherface a big chore as many could simply outrun him to a window or pallet,thus restarting the whole chase to 100% skin contact all over again. It was a big waste of time, so glad to see there is now new power to extend the sweep time when needed. However, the amount of time the leatherface can sweep is just redicilous, not to mention how fast he goes while sweeping.

    Ofc a killer is overpowered. Now when there is a leatherface, it is perfectly fine to leave a match early, Ill also tell my friends. Haha..

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1486413#Comment_1486413

    Nice stats. I say there is more survivors. 77,77% are survivors mains.

    He's saying on the forums, not in the game

  • I know. I just made up stats about forum users like he did.

  • Am I the only one who didn’t feel like Leatherface needed the rework? I’m red rank survivor and everytime I’d get stuck with a Leatherface of purple rank or higher my team would get decimated. I feel like all this did was give him more power that he honestly didn’t need tbh.

  • @R52G said:

    Am I the only one who didn’t feel like Leatherface needed the rework? I’m red rank survivor and everytime I’d get stuck with a Leatherface of purple rank or higher my team would get decimated. I feel like all this did was give him more power that he honestly didn’t need tbh.

    This is a long time coming. I have played LeatherFace for so long as rank 1 killer and I always felt like playing in a handicaped mode compared to other killers. He was so easy to outrun, he was so predictable in everything he could do within his powers. I am happy he got buffed but he got buffed way too much xd

  • @R52G said:

    Am I the only one who didn’t feel like Leatherface needed the rework? I’m red rank survivor and everytime I’d get stuck with a Leatherface of purple rank or higher my team would get decimated. I feel like all this did was give him more power that he honestly didn’t need tbh.

    The main issue with old Leatherface was he didn't really do much different than Billy. Leatherface could down multiple survivors with his chainsaw, but outside of being right there as a survivor goes for the unhook there wasn't many situations where that happened. Plus Leatherface's chainsaw had a lot of slowdown when charging and took a little bit to speed up that he really just had to breathing down the survivor's neck for the chainsaw hit otherwise the survivor would just outrun him.

    Billy was just straight better than Leatherface (unless you wanted to camp hooks) so Leatherface needed some kind of change to make him more distinct. Which I think the rework did well as now Leatherface can now chase and down multiple survivors with his chainsaw on a single power use.

  • I just saved someone with BT against a leatherface, so I'm assuming you didn't wait until a somewhat decent time to save.

  • On one hand, yes. Leatherface is top-tier currently.

    On the other hand, give it some time. They'll be many ways to counter him once people learn. And if there aren't, then they nerf him.

  • Lol was wondering when I would start seeing "bubba op" threads

  • @Sunbreaker7 said:

    BROKEN. Let me repeat that slowly so you catch that, Brooo-ooooo-keee-eeen.

    The new Leatherface can now:

    • Pallet loop without fear or effort with 3 full charges and even catch the looper on the first loop if they dont drop the pallet. So there is no real looping against leatherface now.
    • Leatherface can easily chase down anyone in open field while way behind and still catch the survivor by the end of the third charge of the chainsaw. You are pretty much dead if nowhere near a pallet or window, don't even try to spin dodge or do any fancy moves, leatherface got fuel in the chainsaw to still hit you even after many misses.
    • LeatherFace's infinite hook face camp zero chance rescue is still very much present.
    • Leatherface can chainsaw his way from basement all the way out of the shack and even to the other side of the outer window of the shack with 3 full charges, so good luck getting out of the basement even if you raid it with 3 other survivors. Again, leatherface got fuel to down the whole team in one go.
    • Leatherface can strike a borrowed time survivor with the chainsaw and catch them with the same sweep, rendering borrow time completely useless against this killer.

    LeatherFace has rised from low tier to top tier in a single patch and he far outperforms any other killer in the game now, period. I am a main Leatherface player, I have played this killer the most out of all and still continue to do so. Despite being absolutely broken and having extremely fun playing him in this broken state, laughing how easy it is to down survivors now, even I can't put up with this disgust with a straight face and hope it to stay untouched.

    Is this the change we wanted for him? I have to seriously put effort to lose a game on purpose when playing him now. Don't get me wrong, it's freaking fun to play the new Leatherface, I think the new reworked power is a step to the right direction in his design, but it's absolutely op, especially with addons.

    I love that I no longer can accidently end my chainsaw charge prematurely in 99%, that was the best change about him. I also love that I can extend my sweep time if needed, no longer having to be 100% skin contact distance from the survivor in order to hope to down them with the chainsaw. It was something that made playing Leatherface a big chore as many could simply outrun him to a window or pallet,thus restarting the whole chase to 100% skin contact all over again. It was a big waste of time, so glad to see there is now new power to extend the sweep time when needed. However, the amount of time the leatherface can sweep is just redicilous, not to mention how fast he goes while sweeping.

    I disagree Leatherface isn't as powerful as you claim it to be, as survivor he is still pretty counterable and we are able to complete gens with moderate map pressure. I like this bufff on him, but that alone isn't making him broken. If he dies facecamp gens just be rushing and the rest of escape unless he brings No One Escapes Death or a mori. And still playing as leatherface he's still around a mid tier killer with red rank survivors still able to counter him with ease.

  • @Sunbreaker7 said:

    BROKEN. Let me repeat that slowly so you catch that, Brooo-ooooo-keee-eeen.

    The new Leatherface can now:

    • Pallet loop without fear or effort with 3 full charges and even catch the looper on the first loop if they dont drop the pallet. So there is no real looping against leatherface now.
    • Leatherface can easily chase down anyone in open field while way behind and still catch the survivor by the end of the third charge of the chainsaw. You are pretty much dead if nowhere near a pallet or window, don't even try to spin dodge or do any fancy moves, leatherface got fuel in the chainsaw to still hit you even after many misses.
    • LeatherFace's infinite hook face camp zero chance rescue is still very much present.
    • Leatherface can chainsaw his way from basement all the way out of the shack and even to the other side of the outer window of the shack with 3 full charges, so good luck getting out of the basement even if you raid it with 3 other survivors. Again, leatherface got fuel to down the whole team in one go.
    • Leatherface can strike a borrowed time survivor with the chainsaw and catch them with the same sweep, rendering borrow time completely useless against this killer.

    LeatherFace has rised from low tier to top tier in a single patch and he far outperforms any other killer in the game now, period. I am a main Leatherface player, I have played this killer the most out of all and still continue to do so. Despite being absolutely broken and having extremely fun playing him in this broken state, laughing how easy it is to down survivors now, even I can't put up with this disgust with a straight face and hope it to stay untouched.

    Is this the change we wanted for him? I have to seriously put effort to lose a game on purpose when playing him now. Don't get me wrong, it's freaking fun to play the new Leatherface, I think the new reworked power is a step to the right direction in his design, but it's absolutely op, especially with addons.

    I love that I no longer can accidently end my chainsaw charge prematurely in 99%, that was the best change about him. I also love that I can extend my sweep time if needed, no longer having to be 100% skin contact distance from the survivor in order to hope to down them with the chainsaw. It was something that made playing Leatherface a big chore as many could simply outrun him to a window or pallet,thus restarting the whole chase to 100% skin contact all over again. It was a big waste of time, so glad to see there is now new power to extend the sweep time when needed. However, the amount of time the leatherface can sweep is just redicilous, not to mention how fast he goes while sweeping.

    Still can be countered with good pallet and window use, also he always used to be able to catch people out in the open with nothing, now he is just better at it.

  • I mean without add ons he is average and the only add ons that truly make him “broken” are iridescent and that’s kinda the point of them

  • @JeshSol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/176125/so-the-new-leather-face-is

    I Played 15 games today, 13 were against leatherface (he destroyed my team in all of them). He is way too broken now, good he got a buff but now he needs a nerf

    Typical survivor main

  • @Sunbreaker7 said:

    BROKEN. Let me repeat that slowly so you catch that, Brooo-ooooo-keee-eeen.

    The new Leatherface can now:

    • Pallet loop without fear or effort with 3 full charges and even catch the looper on the first loop if they dont drop the pallet. So there is no real looping against leatherface now.
    • Leatherface can easily chase down anyone in open field while way behind and still catch the survivor by the end of the third charge of the chainsaw. You are pretty much dead if nowhere near a pallet or window, don't even try to spin dodge or do any fancy moves, leatherface got fuel in the chainsaw to still hit you even after many misses.
    • LeatherFace's infinite hook face camp zero chance rescue is still very much present.
    • Leatherface can chainsaw his way from basement all the way out of the shack and even to the other side of the outer window of the shack with 3 full charges, so good luck getting out of the basement even if you raid it with 3 other survivors. Again, leatherface got fuel to down the whole team in one go.
    • Leatherface can strike a borrowed time survivor with the chainsaw and catch them with the same sweep, rendering borrow time completely useless against this killer.

    LeatherFace has rised from low tier to top tier in a single patch and he far outperforms any other killer in the game now, period. I am a main Leatherface player, I have played this killer the most out of all and still continue to do so. Despite being absolutely broken and having extremely fun playing him in this broken state, laughing how easy it is to down survivors now, even I can't put up with this disgust with a straight face and hope it to stay untouched.

    Is this the change we wanted for him? I have to seriously put effort to lose a game on purpose when playing him now. Don't get me wrong, it's freaking fun to play the new Leatherface, I think the new reworked power is a step to the right direction in his design, but it's absolutely op, especially with addons.

    I love that I no longer can accidently end my chainsaw charge prematurely in 99%, that was the best change about him. I also love that I can extend my sweep time if needed, no longer having to be 100% skin contact distance from the survivor in order to hope to down them with the chainsaw. It was something that made playing Leatherface a big chore as many could simply outrun him to a window or pallet,thus restarting the whole chase to 100% skin contact all over again. It was a big waste of time, so glad to see there is now new power to extend the sweep time when needed. However, the amount of time the leatherface can sweep is just redicilous, not to mention how fast he goes while sweeping.

    Surprised that he went from ######### tier to high tier? What about freddy? Do you remember?But no one complains about him, about how he's super easy to play, strong and annoying to go against. You just have to learn how to counter the new bubba. This time behaviour is doing something good trying to nerf loops, we need more anti-loop killers. For one time they actually nerf survivor side instead of destroying killers.

  • I'll need some more games playing as and against him, but first impression is that he seems okay. He's pretty weak against vault locations. Pallets still slow him down but they might need to be dropped earlier. Dead zones on maps are truly dead zones against him now though. No more running around a tree to counter him. He's unquestionably stronger than before. But is he broken? My first impression is no.

  • Seems to me since leatherface can force you to drop a pallet or youll be chainsawed with most loops he's now "op". Just dont be greedy around loops. You shouldn't be able to loop one pallet forever, leatherface is strong but fair.

  • Leatherface is fine, he is still an m1 killer he is not imposing more fear than old billy did to me, so no. he is loopeable, all you have to do is rush damn gens and you all will escape.

1 2 ›