So they locked killers BEFORE fixing the newest lobby exploit?
So in preparation for MMR killers are now locked in the lobby, but Survivors have a new program/hack/cheat to see killers before the game starts so they can load their items and perks to counter the killer.
Doing a last minute swap was the only defense or counter to this but they took that away prior to fixing the exploit.
Comments
Why would the devs ever do something to help killers?
Damn great joke there.
Supposedly they did something to break the program with the patch. I haven't seen anyone confirm or refute this though.
i mean, they did just gut the most balanced killer in the game.
at this point i dont think they can surprise me anymore...
The exploit has been fixed by them encrypting the log file in this patch, so they changed them both at exactly the same time. No need for hysteria.
The logs are encrypted now so I don't see how they can be used to grab that information anymore ☺️
It'd suck if the survivors were inconvenienced in any way. That's not OK.
how do YOU know that the devs havent patched it? Are you using this software by yourself?
"It's a wraith"
this is from last night
As shown above I've had teammates telling me in lobby who the killer is and they were correct, this is within the past week. It was naive of them and us to think only one program would do this or one thing would block all cheating programs.
It wasn't encrypted until with this update. It's new.
At this point the only way programs that find out who the killer is from the log file is if they somehow found a way to decrypt it. In the time a lobby lasts, which is "extremely unlikely" to put it very, very, very lightly.
EDIT: And if the key used to encrypt the file is actually uncovered, BHVR can just change it and the cheaters have to start all over again!
Honestly we should all just stop playing killer all together. The survivors won't get any matches, the devs will panic and develop killer bots. Then the game will be so boring we can finally lay it to rest and play civ 6.
They encrypted the log file with THIS UPDATE. Unless you’ve had someone telling you which killer it is in the last hour, your concerns have already been addressed.
I think they fixed it in this latest patch. I learned how people were doing this recently (which was surprisingly easy and wasn't even bannable) so I just checked it and it should no longer be possible.
I think this forum massively prefers hysteria.