Why does the muted surv glitch still exist?

They are working on a nerfs and buffs for killers while the game has still tons and tons of glitches

Comments

  • Because bugs affecting killers don't matter

  • Because fixing bugs it's more difficult than you think.

  • @FablPlayz said:

    They are working on a nerfs and buffs for killers while the game has still tons and tons of glitches

    Just remember the silent slugged survivor glitch has been in the game since 2019.

    EDIT: I've lost count the amount of times survivors have messaged me calling me toxic because I made them bleed out, it wasn't intentional I just couldn't find them.

  • Congratulations! The devs are working on fixing this right now, but they need your help!

    Please head to this discussion:

    @Peanits said:

    This thread is specifically for the reports where survivors don't make any sounds. Please make sure to follow the information that we need listed below:

    PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE ANY RELEVANT INFORMATION, SUCH AS: 

    • Your platform
    • What sound(s) was silent
    • The map you were playing on
    • A clip of the incident, if you have one
    • The time frame when the error occurred (The date and time you had the issue)
    • Logs (apply to PC only)

    Note: If needed, we will contact you via DM for further information.

    HOW TO GET YOUR LOGS (THIS PART ONLY APPLY TO PC PLAYERS):

    When you get the issue, close your game and do not reopen it until you get your logs.

    • Press Win+R
    • Type in appdata
    • Press OK
    • In opened window navigate to: \Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs
    • Usually you would need to attach the DeadByDaylight.log file.

    And fill in the necessary details after encountering this bug for a chance to win! You could be tonight's lucky winner!!

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Congratulations! The devs are working on fixing this right now, but they need your help!

    Please head to this discussion:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/164190/need-community-help-survivors-making-no-sounds

    And fill in the necessary details after encountering this bug for a chance to win! You could be tonight's lucky winner!!

    and yet no one was doing this before and had to wait for the devs to beg for the information needed to fix a bug that only affected SOME people and not everyone. (I have never had a silent slug)

  • I have never encountered this bug, neither on killer nor survivor side (killer always finds me)

    how often does this actually occur to those that are affected?

  • And for some reason they fixed the DS bug vs Doctor and basement glitch in less than 1 week.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1479589#Comment_1479589

    and yet no one was doing this before and had to wait for the devs to beg for the information needed to fix a bug that only affected SOME people and not everyone. (I have never had a silent slug)

    Yeah interesting how there were no bug reports and people just want to complain instead of providing useful information to help fix the bug but uh, dbd community lol

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1479661#Comment_1479661

    Yeah interesting how there were no bug reports and people just want to complain instead of providing useful information to help fix the bug but uh, dbd community lol

    oh I agree. I kept telling people to report and give them their logs so that the devs could look into it but it was too much work to submit a ticket for them to give the info needed. it's better to complain here in the general discussions, and now instead of months later we are almost 2 years past and there is a thread by the devs asking for the information. and still they complain and not read the forums.

  • its not just when they’re on the floor. I play survivor and if Im injured my survivor makes no sounds. However I dont know if thats just for me or if others players can still hear my survivor or not.

  • Because bugs are not something you can fix on a whim, some bugs are extremely hard to find, especially if said bug appears in many different forms.

    The way they ask for help leds me to think its probably not one bug but a ton of different bugs with the same outcome, people silent on the ground.

  • basically because it's a killer bug and devs are incompetent. Plain and simple.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    its not just when they’re on the floor. I play survivor and if Im injured my survivor makes no sounds. However I dont know if thats just for me or if others players can still hear my survivor or not.

    For everyone, when I play Dwight sometimes I get no falling sound and no injured sound and no footstep sound, once a killer asked if I had IW because no sound at all coming from me and I had the no perk bug on me.

    So yeah, everyone won't hear you, not killers and not survivors if you get that bug.