With killer powers being as it is right now, looping will be non meta very soon.

Recently, we have been getting power reworks or killers that have amazing anti loop potential, that makes looping irrelevant. We had oni, where in his power, he denies almost every loop besides shorter loops and long walls. After Oni we had the gunslinger, who can shoot over most tiles and can reel survivors in, if he can see them. We got pyramid head after gunslinger, who can shoot through walls and deny loops entirely. Now, we have new Bubba, who has amazing anti loop potential, without denying loops. I think the devs are trying to push for less looping in the game. With powers like this, I think looping will be non meta, and instead pre throwing pallets will be the meta. Just my opinion though.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Ah yes mixed them up. A single perk slot for a single killer. I doubt that will catch on when there are much better perks that are universal that people could take.

  • @Unfun_Tunnel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464861#Comment_1464861

    I don't think adding pallets would make much sense considering that they are nerfing loops probably to give killers some time to do things.

    If pre-throwing every pallet becomes the meta then good luck on Swamp with a total of 8.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466888#Comment_1466888

    Ah yes mixed them up. A single perk slot for a single killer. I doubt that will catch on when there are much better perks that are universal that people could take.

    Why do people think calm spirit only counters doctor? It counters infectious, which is one of the best killer perks in the game, and allows you to pull off some good jukes when you're hit.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466906#Comment_1466906

    Why do people think calm spirit only counters doctor? It counters infectious, which is one of the best killer perks in the game, and allows you to pull off some good jukes when you're hit.

    Ok and it counters a perk that you MIGHT see once in every 100+ matches.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466911#Comment_1466911

    Ok and it counters a perk that you MIGHT see once in every 100+ matches.

    At rank 1 spirit, oni, huntress, doc and Billy use infectious all the time.

  • @Khakuate said:

    Yeah I agree, if they keep doing this they will be forced to buff stealth.

    In reality, it would be a stealth game. Would you really t bag and run rings around a 7ft bloke with a machete carrying bear traps?

  • There are much better perks Spirit could be using Instead and by all the time you mean when someone's favorite youtuber uses it. Then they might use it until they stop seeing results then take it off again.

  • 😕 "stealth is boring because it's repetitive"? Orly? Some Loopmaster that's memorized every loop location doing what looks like an exact repeat of Noob3's videos isn't repetitive?

    The main problem I have with looping are these sweaty red rank SWF teams that elect one (or two) looping pro members to just goad the killer into running around in boring unwinnable loops while the others gen rush. With the loop pros I'll just get this "######### am I doing? This isn't even remotely fun" moment and kinda just give up on the game.

    More killers should just AFK or DC when the game's not any fun.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Even with all the counter looping measures, survivors will always use looping as a defense mechanism.


    Whether or not it's meta is really up to SWF, but most solo players are going to be highly evasive anyways.


    Looping will never be a bad decision, as long as limitations are considered.

  • @blue4zion said:

    There really should be more killers like this, so I'm happy to see it.

    However, they really should buff stealth. I think it might get buffed when the new graphics are out, but if only by a little bit. Not sure how they could do this other than make more little hiding spots, better grass/bushes, and maybe something new to hide in like a barrel.

    If we get barrels to hide in, we need a rodeo clown outfit for Clown.

  • @Athanar90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464846#Comment_1464846

    If we get barrels to hide in, we need a rodeo clown outfit for Clown.

    If I got to hide in barrels my enjoyment would instantly raise even more when playing this game

  • @blue4zion said:

    There really should be more killers like this, so I'm happy to see it.

    However, they really should buff stealth. I think it might get buffed when the new graphics are out, but if only by a little bit. Not sure how they could do this other than make more little hiding spots, better grass/bushes, and maybe something new to hide in like a barrel.

    That would make the game so much more exciting and ... you know... horrorish. Trying to outstealth a killer for your life, praying they dont see you... always feels like pure horror to me. That whole "Hi killer, look at me, look how I'm spinning, oh come on cute killer, I wanna run circles with ya.. Uhhh am I gonna drop the pallet?!... nahh come on, let's do it again, come a little closer..."-thing kinda ruins all horror immersion. If I'm ever thrown into a forest with a psycho killer, I don't think my attempt to not get slaughtered would be to run in circles around objects...

1 2 ›