Killer stop crying and accept the game wants to be balanced around 50/50

I think the biggest problem in dead by daylight is that a lot of killer don’t understand or can’t accept that the game is/ will be balanced around 50/50, that means that a killer played well if he gets 2 or more kills. But why so many killer expect to get 4k every match? A lot of them think „it don’t feels like a win if a survivor escape“. I can understand those killer cause it’s the goal of killer to kill survivors and if they don’t kill all four survivors think they miss their goal. So it’s a psychological problem of the game: it’s hard to understand that 3k are still a „win“. But those killer who can’t accept this 50/50 are the players who are crying for all the survivor perk nerfs and say the game is unbalanced or survivor sided. These are the player with a tryhard playstyles (tunneling, camping, insta mori, slug for 4k) what makes the game really unfun. You have to take a look on the other side, the survivor: if a killer could easy 4k every single game there are four players who couldn’t „win“, escape. It’s needed that every killer have different results: 0-1k, 2k or 3-4k, so the survivor gave the chance of 50/50 too. Sometimes you have some „bad games“ in a row, but in total you will get your 50/50, and that’s needed on both sides.

It’s a bit sad that the devs don’t show us the actual stats but here you can see the last one from november 2019:

105F3345-BF87-4F87-BFC4-86FCAD0798C5.jpeg

You can see that the killrates were over 50% (2 kills) so it’s nearly balanced for both sides or more killersided (70%). When I play killer I’m still fine with 2k and around 25.000 bloodpoints, that’s mostly a „gg“ for both sides. So please stop crying and try to find a way to count 3k as your personal win and know that 2k are still fine. Play the game in a fair way and accept that you don’t need 4k every game and have fun. Nobody can „win“ always ;)

The only real issue is the actual matchmaking which makes it very difficult and unfair for lower rank killer who faces highrank survivors, but I hope the new matchmaking will coming soon and makes the matches for these player more fun.

I‘m very interested in what you are think about that, so feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  • Wait, how is trapper the most picked killer? I think he is terrible. I only pick him if I have a daily challenge.

  • @ZephanUnbound said:

    Wait, how is trapper the most picked killer? I think he is terrible. I only pick him if I have a daily challenge.

    These stats are about 9 months and several large patches old.

    They are virtually meaningless at this point.

  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    I think the biggest problem in dead by daylight is that a lot of killer don’t understand or can’t accept that the game is/ will be balanced around 50/50, that means that a killer played well if he gets 2 or more kills. But why so many killer expect to get 4k every match? A lot of them think „it don’t feels like a win if a survivor escape“. I can understand those killer cause it’s the goal of killer to kill survivors and if they don’t kill all four survivors think they miss their goal. So it’s a psychological problem of the game: it’s hard to understand that 3k are still a „win“. But those killer who can’t accept this 50/50 are the players who are crying for all the survivor perk nerfs and say the game is unbalanced or survivor sided. These are the player with a tryhard playstyles (tunneling, camping, insta mori, slug for 4k) what makes the game really unfun. You have to take a look on the other side, the survivor: if a killer could easy 4k every single game there are four players who couldn’t „win“, escape. It’s needed that every killer have different results: 0-1k, 2k or 3-4k, so the survivor gave the chance of 50/50 too. Sometimes you have some „bad games“ in a row, but in total you will get your 50/50, and that’s needed on both sides.

    It’s a bit sad that the devs don’t show us the actual stats but here you can see the last one from november 2019:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZXJWYCSPGSIV/105f3345-bf87-4f87-bfc4-86fcad0798c5.jpeg

    You can see that the killrates were over 50% (2 kills) so it’s nearly balanced for both sides or more killersided (70%). When I play killer I’m still fine with 2k and around 25.000 bloodpoints, that’s mostly a „gg“ for both sides. So please stop crying and try to find a way to count 3k as your personal win and know that 2k are still fine. Play the game in a fair way and accept that you don’t need 4k every game and have fun. Nobody can „win“ always ;)

    The only real issue is the actual matchmaking which makes it very difficult and unfair for lower rank killer who faces highrank survivors, but I hope the new matchmaking will coming soon and makes the matches for these player more fun.

    I‘m very interested in what you are think about that, so feel free to leave a comment.

    F**k the killers who slug for that 4k, I dc to them. I don't even be sweating like that, like bro loosen the grip on the mouse/controller

  • @AestheticCharms said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/173249/killer-stop-crying-and-accept-the-game-wants-to-be-balanced-around-50-50

    F**k the killers who slug for that 4k, I dc to them. I don't even be sweating like that, like bro loosen the grip on the mouse/controller

    ok

  • This content has been removed.
  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    @Antares_2332

    A game will never be perfect. I said it’s a statistics which looks on solo and swfs...

    I think swfs have a better escape rate than soloqueues, but in total the killrates are around 70%. No killer plays always against a four man swf and if a killer goes against a full swf they often gets 2k or more while the match is harder. Surely the swf have advantages to solo player but nearly 0 swf team will have always 4 escapes.

    Clearly you have never played killer as I play it a lot get 4 swfs most matches and some matches they are toxic and consistently flashlight blind so I get no hooks till all gens are done or just act like a wierdo and spin in circles which for some reason makes you invinsible to a machete stabbing you in the face.

  • @ZephanUnbound said:

    Wait, how is trapper the most picked killer? I think he is terrible. I only pick him if I have a daily challenge.

    Release of Trapper tome in the Archives.

  • @f1uffykins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1457528#Comment_1457528

    I agree, and I guarantee the perks stat the 4 highest and most used are ds, unbreakable, Dead hard, and Barrowed time

    Maybe... who knows

  • A killer will not pip in a 50/50 game while survivors most probably will all pip even if they all die.

    This won't be fixed either because it makes survivors feel above average and will be more willing to spend cash on cosmetics.

  • If 4 kills takes 12 hook states, and the game's meant to be balanced around 2 kills and 2 escapes, then perks like Borrowed Time and Decisive Strike should be disabled until the killer has 6 hook states.

  • @Nos37 said:

    If 4 kills takes 12 hook states, and the game's meant to be balanced around 2 kills and 2 escapes, then perks like Borrowed Time and Decisive Strike should be disabled until the killer has 6 hook states.

    Right... but if those 6 hooks don't kill any survivors then why disable perks... then survivors will force use out of those perks (making killer feel even worse to play)

    Also BHVR hasn't made any attempts to do it yet... other then taking killers whom survivors find "annoying and/or unfun" to play against and making them "annoying and/or unfun" to play as

    Or survivors will kill themselves on hook to make those perks still effective... I think the opposite should happen and those perks shouldn't activate until 6 hooks have happened

  • Whose crying? Give them a tissue, be nice.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Quote: "You can see that the killrates were over 50% (2 kills) so it’s nearly balanced for both sides or more killersided (70%)."

    The devs said they want an average of 2 kills and 2 escapes. Even 70% is still two kills since every survivor is 25%.

    Also these stats include afk survivors, survivors that give up on the hook, survivors that are INCREDIBLY boosted and shouldn't even be on their specific rank, survivors that troll all game with no intention to escape etc.

    If you think about it it's painfully obvious that the game is still survivor sided -at least on the highest level of play- (which most long term players who are experienced on both sides will agree on).

    Get rid of:

    - afk players

    - players that give up on the hook

    - players that run useless perks

    - boosted players who can't even loop on red ranks

    - players that hide instead of doing gens

    - players that won't touch a generator whenever they're injured

    - troll players who sandbag and sabotage other survivors rather than doing gens

    etc.

    And see where the kill rates go in the long run.

    I can't play a single solo survivor game without noticing useless teammates that hide for minutes (total) then self care in a corner (even with Sloppy Butcher) and get downed in 10 seconds from full health. And they still manage to somehow drop all pallets in their crazy short chases.

    Just think about what this game would look like WITHOUT these randoms that make it to red ranks every season.

    That's why (some) killer mains complain about SWF, too. SWF teams often consist of people that -at the very least- understand how the game works as survivor. As a result many killers feel completely powerless even though they just destroyed a bunch of randoms one match before.

    Should the game really be balanced around clueless survivors who derp around and mess up a million times while the killer has to play like a tournament player?

    Besides this is what the 2 kill / 2 escape balance may look like on a reworked map:

    https://youtu.be/0YK4F3_1cDc

    Now you tell me does this look like a balanced game? The killer still got 2 kills using NOED so technically this is what an average match should look like? Doesn't seem like a fun game as killer.

    Long story short: Balancing for a fixed number of kills is NOT actual balance due to the number of variables one being HOW DO THESE KILLS occur?

    That was for sure not a fun game for this Killer, but how he played he does not even deserve a single kill. All we can see from this Video is that it is apparently easy to get 2 kills even when playing terrible.

  • While yes you are partly correct. But dosent feel like a win if you get pounder by 3 ds 4 unbreakables and 4 adrenalines even if you get 2. You still probably outplayed them to get punished for doing your goal and then get frustrated because you could of had 4 and not 2. Edit spelling

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460254#Comment_1460254

    Right... but if those 6 hooks don't kill any survivors then why disable perks... then survivors will force use out of those perks (making killer feel even worse to play)

    Also BHVR hasn't made any attempts to do it yet... other then taking killers whom survivors find "annoying and/or unfun" to play against and making them "annoying and/or unfun" to play as

    Or survivors will kill themselves on hook to make those perks still effective... I think the opposite should happen and those perks shouldn't activate until 6 hooks have happened

    That's what I had said: the perks are disabled until the killer has accomplished 6 hook states

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460270#Comment_1460270

    That's what I had said: the perks are disabled until the killer has accomplished 6 hook states

    My bad... lol... I read it too fast

  • @derppug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1457715#Comment_1457715

    This. The game ingrains in you the need to 4k. In order to get +2 pip you need to 4k. No if ands or butts. And getting +1 requires ~3k.

    Exactly. If a 2k is a win, why doesn't that alone net a pip? lol.

    Sure doesn't feel like a win.

  • Okay, as long as survivors stop crying about the same thing.

    "Oh we got facecamped into a 3k". Dont feed the camper and gtfo. You dont all need to survive.

  • @Halun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1457724#Comment_1457724

    Exactly. If a 2k is a win, why doesn't that alone net a pip? lol.

    Sure doesn't feel like a win.

    I don't think 2k is a win for killer. It's a draw. It shouldn't net a pip if we are just discussing kills alone. But honestly, the entire system is so trash that it makes the games feel very robotic if you want to pip, especially as a survivor.

  • @derppug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460448#Comment_1460448

    I don't think 2k is a win for killer. It's a draw. It shouldn't net a pip if we are just discussing kills alone. But honestly, the entire system is so trash that it makes the games feel very robotic if you want to pip, especially as a survivor.

    The system is so trash that mm no longer surprises me.

  • @emptyCups said:

    Yeah the 2k 2E thing isnt in the game its a motto of the forums

    If the BP, entity, endscreen, pip, emblems or literally any information in the game supported it people wouldn't disagree.

    Let the match instantly come to a close the moment I get two kills and I'll believe you and accept balance accordingly

    And I want a big "survivors failed" message on the escapees so they know they were suppose to help the team rather then sit in a bush and wait for gates/hatch.

    Thank God someone reasonable I thought by the title I was gonna be talking to an entitled survivor main

    I guess I'm not the only one seeing that Tru has become more toxic alot of people have been pretending he hasn't but he continues to play dbd and wineing constantly it's almost as if he enjoys it it's so unproductive. To be fair to him he was pretty much disowned by dbd as stream snipers would force there way into his lobby and he couldn't even really play the game and the devs sat there and watched it happen for weeks before taking action. The pure irony of some of the survivors really makes me sick but at the end of the day why stay what is your goal. Dbd wasn't the only game Tru played he played Fighting games and he was quite good at it I also heard he played some cod so why go back to a game that you can't have fun playing seems irrational to me.

    As far as what you say yes you shouldn't expect to get all four kills you should expect to get 2 or three that's fine I have no problem with that. However with that being said I should pip not black pip or de pip I haven't played the game in a while but last time I played you had to obliterate survivors if you didn't get all 4 kills you would black pip meanwhile survivors could die and pip infact survivors piped through autruism so survivors wouldn't really pip if they got all 5 gens and escaped without a single hook. It just seems easy for survivors to pip and hard for killers but again to be fair whether a survivor does pip is up to the killer

    Lastly another reason which frustrates killers is that they feel like the earned a four man and that the survivors didn't earn to escape. I main Myers and there was some good sweaty games where I felt like the hatch was damn earned and then there were times when I slaughtered the team and slugged for the four man only to have a DC give the survivor hatch. This is bull but hay I piped I'm a blue collar Latino so I'm fine with that this ain't burger king have it your way. I just really don't like being screwed out of blood points but I'll earn them back in the next match.

    Survivors still have some op perks that have to go since the Nerf of ruin and ds is still broken idk what the devs are doing right now again to be fair though while killers have no broken perks in my opinion it is kinda hard to argue with the iridescent head is that still around? Also the last couple of killers have been viable oni is top tier death slinger is good and pyramid head is the bird to ds 😈

  • @xavyq said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1457732#Comment_1457732

    2k is balanced. It's how the game should basically be.

    I don't really disagree but if i don't 4k then i could've done better.

  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    @Ramxenoc445

    And that should be the task for the devs to find a way to give killer not the feeling they need to get always 4k! It’s unrealistic for a killer to get always 4k cause this would mean that survivor have zero chance to escape and it would be frustrating for survivors. But as long killer thinking they need 4k it’s for them very frustrating and they asks for survivor nerfs, play in a tryhard way and they feels always as a looser... that’s not fair and makes the game unfun.

    You're right but hell i don't feel accomplished if i can't 4k. Which makes the game start to not feel fun especially when you have survivors that like to taunt you and talk massive amounts of ######### in the end game. Playing survivor generally feels fun if you loop the killer for a while or even if you're the only escape. Its just fun killer isn't if you don't get the 4k and sometimes it even then feels like it took so much work that its not fun to play especially if you don't main a top tier killer

  • @ZephanUnbound said:

    Wait, how is trapper the most picked killer? I think he is terrible. I only pick him if I have a daily challenge.

    New players and people who got only good with him

  • @MeatBycicle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459996#Comment_1459996

    They will never release actual survivor stats because it will show the blatant disparity in SWF and how survivors are in the power role especially in red ranks. If they ever release Red Rank SWF and Red Rank SWF escape % it will be a happy day.

    Sorry I set you off a little but ya the reason I believe survivors stats won't ever be used is because it wouldn't make any sense compared to the killer stats. Plus a survivor as a whole doesn't impact the game unless you play as a blendette.

  • @f1uffykins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460001#Comment_1460001

    Sorry I set you off a little but ya the reason I believe survivors stats won't ever be used is because it wouldn't make any sense compared to the killer stats. Plus a survivor as a whole doesn't impact the game unless you play as a blendette.

    Oh you didn't set me off, I was just stating its something people have asked for a lot over and over and the Devs pretend to not see them asking for it.

1 2 3 ›