Horror licences who won't get a chapter...but you really wish they would.

What's some of the lesser known, or less 'viable' horror licenses, you would like to see in DBD...but know deep down it's not going to happen.

I'll start:

The Green Inferno (2013)

Survivor: Justine

Killer: Bald Headhunter

Map: Peruvian Jungle

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • You're Next (2011)

    Survivor: Erin

    Killer: The Animals

    Map: Davison Manor

    Great movie, but there was never a franchise and it was always a bit under the radar. There's just not enough motivation for them to get something like this.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    You're Next (2011)

    Survivor: Erin

    Killer: The Animals

    Map: Davison Manor

    Great movie, but there was never a franchise and it was always a bit under the radar. There's just not enough motivation for them to get something like this.

    Love that film. One of the best horrors of the last decade.

    All of the masks could be used as alts like Legion.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450137#Comment_1450137

    Love that film. One of the best horrors of the last decade.

    All of the masks could be used as alts like Legion.

    I'd prefer to see what people wanted from Legion, and a mask swap to change abilities. Maybe one really fast and stealthy but can't M1, one that can string up the garrote wire as traps, and one that can shoot crossbow bolts. Not exactly a finalised idea but just something like that.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    What's some of the lesser known, or less 'viable' horror licenses, you would like to see in DBD...but know deep down it's not going to happen.

    I'll start:

    The Green Inferno (2013)

    Survivor: Justine

    Killer: Bald Headhunter

    Map: Peruvian Jungle

    I'm ready for all the incoming hate love! 😋


    Five Nights at Freddy's (2014)

    Paragraph Chapter

    Killer: The Animatronic (Springtrap)

    Map: The Attraction


    Personally a great horror game that gave me, and many others, plenty of scares! If made right, could introduce a lot of players into our playerbase and could be very terrifying! 🙂

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/172553/horror-licences-who-wont-get-a-chapter-but-you-really-wish-they-would

    I'm ready for all the incoming hate love! 😋

    Five Nights at Freddy's (2014)

    Paragraph Chapter

    Killer: The Animatronic (Springtrap)

    Map: The Attraction

    Personally a great horror game that gave me, and many others, plenty of scares! If made right, could introduce a lot of players into our playerbase and could be very terrifying! 🙂

    I have always been interested in the franchise, but think I have only played the original on one single occasion. Now they're on PS4 maybe I'll give them a go.

  • That monster fella from the Jeepers Creepers movies.

  • Not a film but you ever heard of a game called Try To Fall Asleep?

    Scariest ######### I've played in a while & even tho it's in Early Access it's looking really promising.

  • @MojoTheFabulous said:

    That monster fella from the Jeepers Creepers movies.

    This. But the reason why we won’t get it is totally acceptable and if I had known this before I would have never watched that movie.


    Also I think „I know What You Did Last Summer“ will not get added to DbD despite being kinda like Scream a (for me) very iconic Teen-Slasher

  • Parasite Eve

    Survivor: Aya Brea

    Killer: Mitochondria Eve

  • The dark tower series (books).

    Killer: The crimson king, Randall Flagg, or Dandelo.

    Survivor: Roland Deschain, the gunslinger.

  • Want a good horror license?

    Don’t worry, this isn’t outlast this time


    The game “Prey” would be cool to see as the torso could be a way to pick between male or female

  • Alien. Pretty sure itll never be added. Either that or american werewolf in london

  • Three Finger from Wrong Turn

    Sasquatch (Though that wouldn't be a licensed killer because he's not trademarked)

    Pumpkin Head

  • @KingFrost said:

    Parasite Eve

    Survivor: Aya Brea

    Killer: Mitochondria Eve

    I would love a Parasite Eve chapter 😍

  • I would love to get a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Paragraph

    Buffy as a survivor pls :D

  • @TheVVitch said:

    I would love to get a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Paragraph

    Buffy as a survivor pls :D

    Would be best chapter. So many options for killer.

  • Ok hear me out, I know this is out of left field but....

    Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin (1997)

    Survivor: Christopher Robin

    Killer: Heffalump

    Map: Skull Cave

  • Okay. It's not horror but...

    Hotline Miami

    Jacket as the Killer with mask swapping/weapon swapping.

  • My Bloody Valentine.

    also question? Is it okay if I post one my Fan made chapters I created on this post, because I have one that I would die to see in the game?

  • As much as I want an Alien chapter I really don't see it happening.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/172553/horror-licences-who-wont-get-a-chapter-but-you-really-wish-they-would

    I'm ready for all the incoming hate love! 😋

    Five Nights at Freddy's (2014)

    Paragraph Chapter

    Killer: The Animatronic (Springtrap)

    Map: The Attraction

    Personally a great horror game that gave me, and many others, plenty of scares! If made right, could introduce a lot of players into our playerbase and could be very terrifying! 🙂

    The amount of untapped potential in that playerbase is ridiculous.

    Also, this one is big but wouldn't really fit.

    A Quiet Place

    Killer: (I'm not creative with names) The Otherworldly

    Survivor: Probably an older Regan Abbott.

    Map: The Quiet Farm. To add to the atmosphere, there would be no ambient noise AT ALL.

    Also, hi NMCKE!

  • Manhunt

    With james earl cash as survivor and piggsy as killer

    Porkypiggsy5ro.jpg

    More chainsaws, more!!

  • @Dabihwow said:

    My Bloody Valentine.

    also question? Is it okay if I post one my Fan made chapters I created on this post, because I have one that I would die to see in the game?

    That would better fit in the „Share your Work“ section of these forums I assume

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450475#Comment_1450475

    That would better fit in the „Share your Work“ section of these forums I assume

    I know and I already created it and is in share your work but is it okay to say I would like one of my fan made chapters in the game on this post or liscensed character only is what I was asking, sorry for the confusion

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450503#Comment_1450503

    I know and I already created it and is in share your work but is it okay to say I would like one of my fan made chapters in the game on this post or liscensed character only is what I was asking, sorry for the confusion

    Well it wouldn’t hurt if you posted the link to that thread i suppose

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450516#Comment_1450516

    Well it wouldn’t hurt if you posted the link to that thread i suppose

    okay thank you that was what I was trying to clarify

  • @Dabihwow said:

    Introduction: This is my second fan made chapter in which delves into one of my favorite subjects that involves horror, circuses. Now I know we already have a killer clown, but I assure you this is not another clown but something else. SO lets get started. Also please, please, please give me some feedback, last time I created a fan made chapter I didn't get as much feedback as I would've liked, so if you can give me your thoughts it would be greatly appreciated, without further ado lets begin

    Description: People gather all around the circus, to watch some of the greatest feats, oddities, and performances. To the see the bright colorful lights and shows, to laugh, and cry, to feel, and to enjoy comfort. But under all that joy and scent of peanuts, behind the curtains hides a sinister secret, broken souls, angry souls. People who were broken by life, who were born different, and shunned by society, freaks. The pain inflicted grows and soon violence manifests and once out, it'll destroy the happiness, and the joy that was created to mask the pain shall shatter.

    New map: Luis's show of great wonders/ the big top tent: Welcome to Luis's show of great wonders, it is here where joy is birthed. Filled with rides big and small, carnival games where everyone is a winner, mirrors that create illusions far and great, but most of all the big top tent where you can watch of the most jaw dropping performances. This place is the greatest and most joyous place on earth. At least that's what it once was, now stained with blood and dirt, now rotten, abandoned, and forgotten. IT stands as a twisted reminder of those who suffered here and died. But in the darkness an evil waits hides for guests to come and endure the torture and pain inflicted upon him.

    New killer: The Freakshow. A freaky killer, able to inflict fear and effect the survivors ability to cooperate and eventually break their will and manuver quickly around, using his power Circus tricks he can either use Phineas's box or Luis's whip. his personal perks Animal Tamer, Twisted rage, and laughing matter which allows him to punish failed skilled checks and cancel out loops.

    Real name: Phineas Fredrickson aka the grinning man

    Main power: Circus tricks/ The Freakshow has many tools and addons that he can use at his disposal, he can either be a quick and mobile killer, and a sneaky killer, surprising and catching his victims off guard with his traps. He can use both if he wanted.

    Power1: Phineas's box: Through out his time Phineas was prestige craftsman, crafting little toys and trinkets to pass the time before the next show, he uses the best a jack in a box toy to surprise those unknowingly, while looking down the Freakshow places a jack in a box trap. If a survivor is 2 meters away from the trap, it will jump out scaring the survivor, revealing their location, and they suffer the oblivious status effect for 45 seconds.

    Power2: Luis's whip: Phineas was not only for display but he also had to perform daring stunts of trapeze, and one of the lessons he was taught was how to use a whip, by looking at a ledge high from the ground The Freakshow latches onto the ledge and launches him towards its position however he has a max of 6 charge before he needs to roll up the whip to use it once more

    Killer Perks:

    Animal Tamer: Through your time you learned how best to deal with 'animals' and slip ups. If a survivor fails a skill check outside of your terror radius the next hit you deal will inflict the exhausted status effect for 15 seconds. can only be used every 30/20/10 seconds

    " Some things you just can't avoid, and sometimes there are some you could, but didn't. Either way there are consequences for 'em boy"- Louis

    Twisted rage: The feeling of your prey escaping punishment fuels you, the next time you are either stunned by a pallet, blinded by either a flashlight or firecracker, or lose a survivor in a chase will call upon the entity to block pallets 20/30/40 meters away making them unusable and unable to cross for 30 seconds, perk can only be used every 45/40/35 seconds

    " Shut up, stop laughing please stop, shut up, shut up, SHUT THE F*CK UP!" - Phineas Fredrickson

    Laughing Matter: You become obsessed with one survivor when in a chase if your obsession performs a fast vault they immediatly call upon the entity to block that vault location for 12 seconds, making it unable to be vaulted for survivors, can only block one vault location at a time ,can only be obsessed with one survivor.

    " You can't run from whats behind you cause it always catches up, believe me I've tried."-Phineas Fredrickson.

    Mori: The Freakshow goes to the survivor to kill him or her but the survivor stuggles and tries to run but with his whip he lashes to their feet and drags them to him and with his cane will repeatably bash their heads and body. His strikes grow faster as it goes on laughing hysterically while at it and then stops and continues killing the survivors.

    Appearence: (Since I am no artist here is how I'll describe him for you): He wears a block top hat, wears a mask to hide his disfigured face, the mask covers everything except his teeth has a large grin his teeth are monstrous and bloodied. He wears a colorful ringmaster tail coat and has shackles that used to chain him, he wears black pants and boots. His cane has the skull of Louis upon it. The rest I want you to decide, (one final note he has white eyes.)

    Survivor: Hope Jefferson: A peculiar yet kind-hearted artist able to spread hope and joy to survivors and be able to know of the killers presence. Her personal perks are Animal eyes, Scraps and patches, and We are together.

    Survivor Perks

    Animal eyes: You have always been keen to projects, so much so that it gives you a grand edge. The killer now leaves scratch marks that can only be seen while having the perk. the scratch marks disappear 20/15/10 percent faster than killer scratch marks.

    " Don't go that way, the beast is there." - Hope Jefferson

    Scraps and patches: During your time creating costumes of fur and fluff, you learned how to squeeze in the little things. when fully healed a survivor you immediately gain a token up to a maximum of 2/3/4, the next time your healing a survivor you spend a token giving it to them, the next time they fail a skillcheck they do not regress or cause a loud noise notifying the killer, token is consumed after failed skill check

    " We've made mistakes, but that doesn't always mean something bad comes out of them." - Hope Jefferson

    We are together: You've learned that no matter what we are were all one, friends, and family. When a survivor is hooked, the perk activates for 60 seconds you immediatly gain the haste status effect for 5 seconds, you unhook faster, and apply to the unhooked survivor the haste status for 5 seconds. Perk can only be activated every 60/50/40 seconds after use.

    " No matter where or what we came from it doesn't matter, what matters is that we are together, a pack, and that's something that this evil can't break." - Hope Jefferson

    Appearance:( I Personally didn't put as much thought into this one but here is what I had in mind) She has short black hair and green eyes, she is petite in shape. Wears tight cotton pants, and she has a beautiful face around her early twenties, she is mixed as well both African American and white.-(Sorry that's all I could think of , mostly to let your imagination run wild, but there is something very special about her, I've left clues within her perk description : ) )

    Conclusion: This was a project in which I wanted to finish for a long while and I am proud to say I have nearly completed it, the only thing that is left is the lore, in which will explain these characters and finally complete the project. I am still writing it for survivor and killer so I'll let you know when that is done. But I'll be nice and give you some hints and say there were smiles and tears on both sides. Some more tears the other more smiles. This also to go back and delve into the circus theme again for the game, I would love to see them do an actual circus themed chapter, with an actual theme park map. The survivor is to also open up culturally in a unique way, while the killer was to represent that under all that stardom, fame, and even pleasures for the audience, there is an aching pain on the inside that breaks you. One thing that I will allow is fan art for this chapter if you wish, you don't have to but I am interested to see your interpretation to what I had in mind, and please share your opinions, I really would like feedback please and thank you.

    Thanks for reading, and all your support and I will see you in the Fog.

    Here is the link if you like my work go check out the Pine brook chapter which has two survivors, thanks again @Mooks for allowing me to post this

  • Return if the Living Dead

    Killer: Tarman

    image.png


  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    Three Finger from Wrong Turn

    Sasquatch (Though that wouldn't be a licensed killer because he's not trademarked)

    Pumpkin Head

    can we have Henry Rollins from Wrong Turn 2 as survivor?!?!? :D

  • Friday the 13th.

  • IT FOLLOWS (sort of)

    It couldn't work quite the way it does in the film, due to the lack of sexy time mechanics etc, but I liked the idea of one survivor being "cursed" and desperately wanting to pass the curse on to a teammate somehow (maybe actively, like a game of tag, or through some other action like unhooking, idk). Maybe the "curse" could be tied to the obsession mechanic.

    Only the cursed survivor can see the killer and they suffer from some downsides, like Exposed status basekit, addons could add more things like Exhaustion, Hindered, etc.

    Non-cursed survivors are also Oblivious but can hear the killer's footsteps etc. Maybe there should be some subtle sound cue when the killer is nearby.

    Probably wouldn't work, tbh. There are likely a million problems that I haven't considered.

    Great film, btw, if you haven't seen it. A genuinely smart horror movie.

  • Well, if we're talking licenses that WON'T come to DBD, then there's no point mentioning TONY THE PIMP FROM DEMONS! As he is on the way for sure!!! Also, I like to think that Pinhead is also on the cards at some point.


    I saw Pumpkinhead mentioned earlier and know Phantasm (Tall Man/Reggie Bannister) usually come up.

    For out of left field though;

    I personally think that Carpenters The Fog would make an awesome chapter

    Blake as the Killer with some wacky new Fog Mechanic as his power...

    Stevie as Survivor

    Lighthouse map?

    The_fog_news_Images_V01-1024x481.jpg

    It would freaking rule!!!

    I will also always hold a sweet spot for Rawhead Rex, but then who doesn't love 9ft tall Pagan demons tearing up the Irish countryside?

    rawhead-rex-from-the-movie.jpg



    FINALLY, I posted in another thread, but with Legendary Cosmetics, what would stop an "Icons of Horror" survivor pack?

    One set of perks, but then Iconic Horror actors as interchangeable legendary skins...

    Adrienne Barbeau

    Tom Atkins

    Dick Miller

    Linnea Quigley

    Brinke Stevens

    Jeffrey Combs

    Tom Savini

    Barbara Crampton

    Ken Foree... I could go on!

  • Beat me too it!

    I'd add...

    Survivor: Trash

    Map: Uneeda medical supply warehouse

  • I think Strangers would be really cool, but they’d just be licensed Legion lol

  • SCP, I love it. But they just don't have the numbers

    Chapter: Containment Breach

    Map: Site  ⬛

    Survivor: D class personnel

    Survivor: Scientist/ Researcher

    Killer: The SCP (Playable one would be 106, but he could release the others as time goes on)

    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/monster/images/e/e3/106image.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170524103225


  • Haunting of Hill House (2018)

    Survivor: Eleanor Crain 

    Killer: The Bent Neck Lady

    Map: Hill House

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/172553/horror-licences-who-wont-get-a-chapter-but-you-really-wish-they-would

    I'm ready for all the incoming hate love! 😋

    Five Nights at Freddy's (2014)

    Paragraph Chapter

    Killer: The Animatronic (Springtrap)

    Map: The Attraction

    Personally a great horror game that gave me, and many others, plenty of scares! If made right, could introduce a lot of players into our playerbase and could be very terrifying! 🙂

    The only reason I want FNaF is to introduce MatPat to DBD. Some interesting theories would come outta that.

  • Underworld

    Killer(s): Raze (right hand of Lucian) and/or Viktor

    Survivor: Michael Corvin

    Map: Lycan Sewer Base and/or the Coven Estate

  • Sinister Chapter

    Survivor: Ellison Oswalt

    Killer: The Bagul

    Ellison.jpg Baghuul.png


  • chapter: Twilight

    Killer: Edward

    Survivor: Bella

    jokes aside heres a chapter I would love to have included but never would be.

    Chapter: I Am Legend

    Killer: The Mutant Leader

    Survivor: Will Smiths character.

  • Hannibal Lecter (either based on books, movies or series)

    with either Clarice Sterling and/or Will Graham as Survivors.


    i just think there is not really a power for Hannibal that could translate to DbD

  • @Mooks said:

    Hannibal Lecter (either based on books, movies or series)

    with either Clarice Sterling and/or Will Graham as Survivors.

    i just think there is not really a power for Hannibal that could translate to DbD

    his power is that he talks softly to you and it scares the living hell out of you.

  • Here i go again...

    Alan Wake.

  • @not_Queef said:

    IT FOLLOWS (sort of)

    It couldn't work quite the way it does in the film, due to the lack of sexy time mechanics etc, but I liked the idea of one survivor being "cursed" and desperately wanting to pass the curse on to a teammate somehow (maybe actively, like a game of tag, or through some other action like unhooking, idk). Maybe the "curse" could be tied to the obsession mechanic.

    Only the cursed survivor can see the killer and they suffer from some downsides, like Exposed status basekit, addons could add more things like Exhaustion, Hindered, etc.

    Non-cursed survivors are also Oblivious but can hear the killer's footsteps etc. Maybe there should be some subtle sound cue when the killer is nearby.

    Probably wouldn't work, tbh. There are likely a million problems that I haven't considered.

    Great film, btw, if you haven't seen it. A genuinely smart horror movie.

    I love this movie but yeah, i don't really want the survivor's naked dad as a killer.

  • There are a few. A couple that quite rightly shouldn't be done, but make me giggle, and a couple which could be good but maybe they're not so well known:


    Chapter: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

    Survivor: Sam Smith

    Killer: Tomato

    Map: The Stadium

    Attack-of-the-Killer-Tomatoes.gif


    Chapter: Little Shop of Horrors

    Survivor: Seymour Krelborn

    Killer: Audrey II

    Map: Skid Row

    Little-Shop-of-Horrors-e1560782203967.jpg


    Chapter: Eternal Darkness - Sanity's Requiem

    Survivor: Alexandra Roivas

    Killer: Pious Augustus

    Map: Rhode Island Mansion

    EternalDarknessHelloPious-672x372.png


    Chapter: The Cat Lady

    Survivor: Susan Ashworth

    Killer: Doctor X

    Map: The Hospital

    The Cat Lady - Trust No One.jpg


  • They will never happen but here is my top 3:

    The Exorcist

    Black Christmas

    Pumpkinhead

  • Sally Face. It’s an indie horror game, but I’d love to play as Sal, Larry and Ash.

  • Dead space

    Survivor: Issac Clark (before he became a total badass)

    Killer: The necromorph bully

    Thebully.png


  • Clock Tower (1995)

    Killer: Scissorman

    Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg


    Survivor: Jennifer Simpson

    Webp.net-resizeimage (1).png


    Map: Barrows Mansion

    Webp.net-resizeimage.png


‹ 1 2 3