Horror licences who won't get a chapter...but you really wish they would.

What's some of the lesser known, or less 'viable' horror licenses, you would like to see in DBD...but know deep down it's not going to happen.

I'll start:

The Green Inferno (2013)

Survivor: Justine

Killer: Bald Headhunter

Map: Peruvian Jungle

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • POSTAL

    Yeah, the franchise is now mostly comedy but the first game has elements of psychological horror.

    Killer: The Postal Dude

    Map: I am not sure. Could be any part of the City of Paradise or another Asylum.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116499#Comment_3116499

    That would be really cool! Imagine if there was an unlockable skin for every survivor wearing the mask, and there was a buff to your power if you played against that survivor. That'd be amazing

    Of course there would be skins for some of the Masked guys in the manga but yeah i would love it so much, especially a series so heavy on mind control

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116564#Comment_3116564

    I wonder if the devs could make mind control work somehow. Downing a survivor could let you put a mask on them, and they would give killer instinct on everyone around them, etc.

    That would be nice.

    Yeah like pig mask for trapping, tracking and debuffing, also make it so skill checks would randomly fail even if hit(survivor trying to fight back against the mask and losing)

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116569#Comment_3116569

    That'd be nice as well!

    This is why I always laugh when people say the devs are running out of ideas. The second they do, they just have to check the community for things like this!

    While i understand why they cant blindly follow community suggestions for characters, it would be a nice change to have a community made chapter or just map, killer, survivor

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116580#Comment_3116580

    What they should do is design multiple things and have the community vote on what comes first. The actual design ideas could be submitted through Twitter or maybe a section on here.

    Also a costume contest every chapter would be nice, not just once a year.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116585#Comment_3116585

    I agree. I just wish I was good enough at art to enter it:(

    Yeah from what ive seen they only have picked like really good artists that match the style of dbd. i would submit if i saw them select more then just the really good ones even if some of the worse art wise have amazing concepts

  • @Supernaut said:

    Well, if we're talking licenses that WON'T come to DBD, then there's no point mentioning TONY THE PIMP FROM DEMONS! As he is on the way for sure!!! Also, I like to think that Pinhead is also on the cards at some point.

    I saw Pumpkinhead mentioned earlier and know Phantasm (Tall Man/Reggie Bannister) usually come up.

    For out of left field though;

    I personally think that Carpenters The Fog would make an awesome chapter

    Blake as the Killer with some wacky new Fog Mechanic as his power...

    Stevie as Survivor

    Lighthouse map?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/JULXHFYFZZ5G/the-fog-news-images-v01-1024x481.jpg

    It would freaking rule!!!

    I will also always hold a sweet spot for Rawhead Rex, but then who doesn't love 9ft tall Pagan demons tearing up the Irish countryside?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2ORTYUSSRFT8/rawhead-rex-from-the-movie.jpg

    FINALLY, I posted in another thread, but with Legendary Cosmetics, what would stop an "Icons of Horror" survivor pack?

    One set of perks, but then Iconic Horror actors as interchangeable legendary skins...

    Adrienne Barbeau

    Tom Atkins

    Dick Miller

    Linnea Quigley

    Brinke Stevens

    Jeffrey Combs

    Tom Savini

    Barbara Crampton

    Ken Foree... I could go on!

    We've got Nightfall, could a similar Fog Mechanic work for Blake? Yes please!!!

    (nice to see we got Pinhead!)

  • Underworld Chapter

    Survivor: Selene

    Killer: William Corvinus (Werewolf)

    Map: Ördögház („Coven“ - Vampires' mansion)

  • Conjuring


    Killer: Annabelle

  • I'd love to see the Winchester brothers from Supernatural as a paragraph (not a full chapter as there are far too many supernatural beings fron that show to choose a killer).

    Also, a Shining chapter would be awesome! Overlook hotel map (split into different maps though as we'd have another RPD situation lol). Jack as killer and Wendy as survivor.

  • It's gotta be Alien surely. We keep getting told it absolutely won't happen, even though it absolutely should.


    I'd also be up for The Shining, although I'm not sure how good, or how unique, Jack Torrance would be as a killer. Overlook would make an awesome map though, or set of maps even. Like RPD is now going to be two versions, there could be a version with an upstairs, and another version with the maze.

    I'm thinking a Doctor Sleep chapter could work better though. Rose "The Hat" (she even has he title already) could be a fairly unique killer, and Danny could have Wendy as a legendary skin. they could absolutely go all in on 'the Shining' as a power this way, giving Rose some kind of psychic or astral-projection skill, and Danny would have perks that compliment it, maybe suiting a Boon.

    Edit: It would also be neat if the Overlook had a gimmick in that the ghosts randomly appear, like RPD has the zombies breaking in through the windows.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    You're Next (2011)

    Survivor: Erin

    Killer: The Animals

    Map: Davison Manor

    Great movie, but there was never a franchise and it was always a bit under the radar. There's just not enough motivation for them to get something like this.

    Based on your praise for this movie, I am watching it right now. Will give my feedback later <3

  • soma :)

    killer: terry akers

    survivor: simon jarrett

    map: site theta

  • @anarchy753 said:

    You're Next (2011)

    Survivor: Erin

    Killer: The Animals

    Map: Davison Manor

    Great movie, but there was never a franchise and it was always a bit under the radar. There's just not enough motivation for them to get something like this.

    Okay, I am finished. That was a fun little slasher movie, even though it went in a totally non-traditional direction, but I still liked it a lot.

    Lets entertain the thought of a "You're Next" chapter :) The killers are quite similar in broad concept to the Legion, ie not a singular killer, but a group of thrill seekers who use primary machetes and knifes (besides a Crossbow, but lets rule that one out). But on the plus side the concept of the tagline "You're next" could be worked into a cool slow-burn ability, like Oni: they start out as a lowly M1 killer, but once they got their first hook their power "You're next" activates and the survivor furthest away gets exposed for 1min and gets highlighted by killer instinct till the killer gets within 20m.

    But lets be real here: SPOILERS AHEAD






    The true killer should obviously Erin, as that is her true calling in life. I actually would go so far as to say she should be a legendary skin for Trapper: by the end of the movie she has the killer instinct, the brutality, the ingenuity and, most important!, Trappers limp :> A perfect fit.

  • Killer Klowns from Outer Space 😔

1 2 3 ›