Have the devs addressed the que time issue?

About 4 months ago, i could play Killer in red ranks anytime and had maybe 30-60 seconds waiting time. Now overall, there are more people online, but i get this que times only between 21:00 - 02:00 in Europe. Que times in red ranks for survivor are almost instant at all times.

More players should be make the que times go down and not up. Is this a server issue by the company? That's pretty odd. Have they ever addressed what is going on?

Comments

  • Nobody knows? Most people are affected by it.

  • @BaldursGate2 said:

    Nobody knows? Most people are affected by it.

    judging by the lack of response i would guess yes, nobody knows. ive personally heard nothing.

  • 4 vs 1 means longer wait times for the side that's 1 if the players are split 50/50.. it's basic maths, really. But I guess during the slower times, there's more people playing killer since all their survivor friends are at work/school so it makes the wait times even worse.

    I had 10 minutes wait times earlier today.. and tonight, I had nearly instant killer lobbies. Survivor is always fairly fast.

  • In the survey they released recently, they asked people's opinions on queue times, so it's definitely being discussed.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    4 vs 1 means longer wait times for the side that's 1 if the players are split 50/50.. it's basic maths, really. But I guess during the slower times, there's more people playing killer since all their survivor friends are at work/school so it makes the wait times even worse.

    I had 10 minutes wait times earlier today.. and tonight, I had nearly instant killer lobbies. Survivor is always fairly fast.

    The slower times are good 70% of the day. That can't be the only reason.

  • @malatruse said:

    In the survey they released recently, they asked people's opinions on queue times, so it's definitely being discussed.

    This, one idea the mentioned in the survey is giving the side with the lowest queu time more bloodpoints. To make it more attrective to.play that side.

  • Queue times is the inherent problem in all asymmetrical games. If the player base is split 5050 one side is going to wait longer. So far the only solutions I've seen in these types of games is bots or incentive to play the longer queue time side. I have seen both help a little and both ruin the game. Evolve tried to solve it by setting ranks of role and assigning a role based on the rank and going from there it seemed to help queues but players did not like rolling a roll they didnt like. Overwatch while not asymmetric has this problem as well and tries to incentivize into little effect tank queues are near instant while some dps wait up to 20 minutes. Battle royals with struggling playerbase try bots which seems underwhelming for the playerbase. I hope someone smart figures out the golden goose because asymmetrical games are my favorite but lopsided queue times seem to be the norm.

  • We are looking into cases where queue times are excessively long for some people (i.e. 10+ minutes). Those are definitely out of the ordinary. In the vast majority of cases, however, it comes down to the amount of people playing each side in your region and platform at that time. I used to get instant killer matches as well, but in the past few weeks my killer queues have gone up to 2-3 minutes during the day, then drop back down to nearly instant at night.

    For the most part, it has to do with the number of people on each side. If there's a lot of people playing killer, there may not be enough survivors to fill all of their lobbies. Meanwhile if there's a lot of people playing survivor, there may not be enough killers to host those survivors. It can vary from region to region, platform to platform, and the time of day.

  • @Peanits said:

    We are looking into cases where queue times are excessively long for some people (i.e. 10+ minutes). Those are definitely out of the ordinary. In the vast majority of cases, however, it comes down to the amount of people playing each side in your region and platform at that time. I used to get instant killer matches as well, but in the past few weeks my killer queues have gone up to 2-3 minutes during the day, then drop back down to nearly instant at night.

    For the most part, it has to do with the number of people on each side. If there's a lot of people playing killer, there may not be enough survivors to fill all of their lobbies. Meanwhile if there's a lot of people playing survivor, there may not be enough killers to host those survivors. It can vary from region to region, platform to platform, and the time of day.

    Yeah for me (a killer main) the game is literally unplayable during the day, as the queue times are at least as long as the match itself (7-10 minutes), they do drop to nearly instant at night, but being forced to play at a specific time of day when the game has 50k players online, is a terrible sign.

  • I'm experiencing the same, queue times are very long as killer during the day. My guess is that most survivors play after work/study because it's when they can play with their friends so so there is an influx of survivors after 8pm.

  • Yeah I just gave up after a 15 minute wait as Killer. I'm in EST, so yeah it's early but it's not like 6 AM. It's almost 12 PM here.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    4 vs 1 means longer wait times for the side that's 1 if the players are split 50/50.. it's basic maths, really. But I guess during the slower times, there's more people playing killer since all their survivor friends are at work/school so it makes the wait times even worse.

    I had 10 minutes wait times earlier today.. and tonight, I had nearly instant killer lobbies. Survivor is always fairly fast.

    at night is often when the sweaty groups come out in these sort of games, at least where I live in usa. possibly why some people don't wanna play killer at those times, on top of some having their own groups online and playing witht hem at those times rather than killer. I avoid killer at night myself after figuring out it's thatw ay with this game too. I have most decent killer matches when I be on it during a weekday,a nd I avoid it altogether on weekends and try to reroll killer dailies and hope for survivor dailies on weekends.

  • @Peanits said:

    We are looking into cases where queue times are excessively long for some people (i.e. 10+ minutes). Those are definitely out of the ordinary. In the vast majority of cases, however, it comes down to the amount of people playing each side in your region and platform at that time. I used to get instant killer matches as well, but in the past few weeks my killer queues have gone up to 2-3 minutes during the day, then drop back down to nearly instant at night.

    For the most part, it has to do with the number of people on each side. If there's a lot of people playing killer, there may not be enough survivors to fill all of their lobbies. Meanwhile if there's a lot of people playing survivor, there may not be enough killers to host those survivors. It can vary from region to region, platform to platform, and the time of day.

    Perhaps a silly question, but, here we go anyway:

    Other than a VPN - is there a way to be moved out of your region?

  • @MaybeShesCrazy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1447508#Comment_1447508

    Perhaps a silly question, but, here we go anyway:

    Other than a VPN - is there a way to be moved out of your region?

    No, not unless you're playing with a friend who's in a different region.

  • @Witas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1447508#Comment_1447508

    Yeah for me (a killer main) the game is literally unplayable during the day, as the queue times are at least as long as the match itself (7-10 minutes), they do drop to nearly instant at night, but being forced to play at a specific time of day when the game has 50k players online, is a terrible sign.

    Unfortunately I can relate.

  • My queue times for killer are instant but for survivor are 10+ minutes long usually (at rank (1-4)

  • @Peanits said:

    We are looking into cases where queue times are excessively long for some people (i.e. 10+ minutes). Those are definitely out of the ordinary. In the vast majority of cases, however, it comes down to the amount of people playing each side in your region and platform at that time. I used to get instant killer matches as well, but in the past few weeks my killer queues have gone up to 2-3 minutes during the day, then drop back down to nearly instant at night.

    For the most part, it has to do with the number of people on each side. If there's a lot of people playing killer, there may not be enough survivors to fill all of their lobbies. Meanwhile if there's a lot of people playing survivor, there may not be enough killers to host those survivors. It can vary from region to region, platform to platform, and the time of day.

    On PS4 since dedicated servers during the day my survivor wait is quick while killer is up to 10 minutes, at night it switches. I figured more people hopping on for SWF after work/dinner. Rest of time you have more single players, people would chose killer or solo queues with randoms.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1447713#Comment_1447713

    No, not unless you're playing with a friend who's in a different region.

    Do you think, crossplay with console players and pc players will make it faster?